Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Ok Gang - Here's our new thread (I think) - I haven't started an new thread in ages..

I will post a link to this thread for all our original Lucky #7 who pop in every now and then so they can find us..

Edited by IndioGirl55

We made it!!!!

I was the 1000th page poster!! Okay little things are excite me.

Hey Everybody!!!!!!

Janet- I started school this week, teachers start next Mon., and the kids come back the next Mon.

Candice- Awesome!!!!!

Love the new name and new thread!

Congrats on the RV Candice! Looks nice!

Joint replacement class all morning... learned a lot. Was pleased because some people inferred it might be a waste of time and it was NOT! Have a whole folder of stuff to look at, including "Sex after Joint Replacement", complete with pictures of suggested positions! Old people pictures! TMI! At least they all have clothes on! LOL! I do have a new list of questions for the ortho surgeon when I see him for my pre-op appt next week.... none related to the afore mentioned pamphlet!

Went to lunch and then right to appt w/primary care doc for followup on anti-depressant. A few rather "down" days over the past week so she decided to up the Zoloft to 100 mg- I was on 50mg. And BP was 100/56 so she cut one of my BP meds in half again. I was down 4 lb since last appt about 6 weeks ago... and that was an early morning fasting appt and this was afternoon... right after lunch. So I've reached a new low but not changing my ticker until I get an early morning Wii weight. But my crazy bathroom scale was down another lb. this morning.

I'm not TOO tight, but definitely TIGHT! Lost my dinner last night. Last couple of weeks I've had a couple of episodes that were more than PBing... last night being one of them. Couldn't finish my dinner tonight... tilapia.. it was too dry and tasted bad... like maybe a little freezer burned. Still feels like it might not stay down. Yuck! Ate my veggies and some of the fish.

We made it!!!!

I was the 1000th page poster!! Okay little things are excite me.

Ya you were the 1001 page poster :0)..

Hey Everybody!!!!!!

Janet- I started school this week, teachers start next Mon., and the kids come back the next Mon.

Candice- Awesome!!!!!

Ok - Well you have another week before it gets to hecktic

How's your Mom doing

Love the new name and new thread!

Joint replacement class all morning... learned a lot. Was pleased because some people inferred it might be a waste of time and it was NOT! Have a whole folder of stuff to look at, including "Sex after Joint Replacement", complete with pictures of suggested positions! Old people pictures! TMI! At least they all have clothes on! LOL! I do have a new list of questions for the ortho surgeon when I see him for my pre-op appt next week.... none related to the afore mentioned pamphlet!

Went to lunch and then right to appt w/primary care doc for followup on anti-depressant. A few rather "down" days over the past week so she decided to up the Zoloft to 100 mg- I was on 50mg. And BP was 100/56 so she cut one of my BP meds in half again. I was down 4 lb since last appt about 6 weeks ago... and that was an early morning fasting appt and this was afternoon... right after lunch. So I've reached a new low but not changing my ticker until I get an early morning Wii weight. But my crazy bathroom scale was down another lb. this morning.

I'm not TOO tight, but definitely TIGHT! Lost my dinner last night. Last couple of weeks I've had a couple of episodes that were more than PBing... last night being one of them. Couldn't finish my dinner tonight... tilapia.. it was too dry and tasted bad... like maybe a little freezer burned. Still feels like it might not stay down. Yuck! Ate my veggies and some of the fish.

OMG you had my lmao on the whole sex things - then I loved the clarification about studiying the material - but not that section...

Hugs on the pbing - I just had steak (ny strip) I just made sure I cut it into tiny tiny piece - had maybe 4 or a good 5 oz and have room for my veggies..

CONGRATS on the weight loss - You know your body - nothing for a while - the bam a big loss..

You have do so well in the last 2 yrs Phyl - I was just bragging about you to my gf candy who came over tonite - was showing her the pics from Canada (btw who has the pic's with all of us with Elvis - I haven't seen those posted) any way I was explaining who everyone was and how much they have lost - I told her how well you have done especially with you bum knees... And that next yr we are going to have to run to keep up with you :wink:

Well, I guess everyone is finding the new thread

Should I have Alex lock our old one??

Hi ladies. I feel so discombobulated. It's like living in a new house. I don't know how I'll function. Good thing you are all here with me though. I'd be lost without you all.

There were things I was going to say...hmmmm....

Phyl, old people sex. LMAO!!! I wanted to die! With their clothes on...are you kidding me? That's way to freaking funny. Did you share that one with Earl? hehehe...tmi...tmi....sorry.

Candice, when you head south you can drive west to Montana, spend some time in Glacier and Yellowstone....see Karla and me...and THEN go south. You know what I'm going to tell Jeff tonight during pillow talk....how unfair it is that we can't retire :wink2: You are such a bad influence :nanahump:

Denise, I'm missing the idea of going back to school...but not. I love the first few weeks. I love shopping for classroom stuff. I love it when the kids are still afraid of me. I love torturing the 7th graders. By the time they are freshman they knew I was just a big softy...but good times up until then :Banane56: Here's wishing you smooth sailing.

Janet, the walk is 3mph for 8-10 hours depending on the time you spend at rest stops. They have stops every 3ish miles. They are mixed....one will be a grab and go, the next a full service food stop, the next a grab and go...they say you should be eating at every stop and drinking one to two bottles of water/sports drink between each. I heard that it's very common to come back 5-10 pounds heavier after the walk...but that most of it is Water weight from being overhydrated. I'm really excited to do the walk. The videos make it look so moving. I tear up everytime I watch one. I might have to up my zoloft dose to make it through :biggrin: Maybe next year I'll sign up for San Diego and then you can join the team. Don't give me that, I could never. You're a machine!!! We all know you could.

Karla, help me out. Teaching, nursery...what is job #3? What about taking in alterations? everyone needs jeans hemmed. Just a thought. There has got to be something....oh oh oh....driving bus!!! Bus drivers get paid good money and they have short hours. When our teachers sub bus driving they get to leave school early, or come late....and the guy across the hall said he got almost $200 a day. I think he might be exaggerating but maybe not. Might be something to look into. Lots of times he got paid to drive bus while he was teaching by doing field trips and stuff.

Okay...Jeff is going to kill me if I don't go to bed. Went to the drive in tonight. He has to leave here at 430 tomorrow morning and then the kids and I leave here while hes gone. So....until I check in again....have a good one.

Oh...going to be at Rose's and at the lake so it will be spotty me checking in. Don't panic. I should be home NEXT Sunday at the latest. Love you girls!!! Have a great week.

Steph & Phyl, great job on the weight loss.

Job #3 is a conglomerate....'Business manager' of a couple of friends who are teaching in China-basically, take care of mail, bills, taxes, any coorespondance; basketball/volleyball clock & scorebook; alterations & mending, occassional custom sewing job. Last year I made some huge photography blinds out of burlap (think duck blind) for a wildlife photographer. I don't do as much alterations as I use to. I can't handle the stress. I did a lot of wedding/prom alterations, but it terrifies me to be working on someones $1000+ dresses & suits.

Head to kalispell at 8:00, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Have a good day!!

Found you! Back from MOA--missed you guys there--not as much fun alone. I did manage to buy a few things. The business part went well--it was a big school so lots of work! It was a weight-nuteral week trip, so that's good.

DH is home, building a deck around a fire pit. I had to help by carying pavers yesterday. This am he's cutting, so there's not much I can do. I'll wander out there later.

Glad you had a safe trip home, Phyl! My mom didn't tell me about the sex after joint replacement part! Hummm--I'll have to ask her about that---NOT!

Saw the RV pics, Candice. NICE!!! When can we expect you and Peter? I'm absolutely serious!!! My sister will be here next week, and Tim's coming home Sept 11 for a week, but other than that, mi casa es tu casa! (Spanish--sorry, I don't know how to say it in french)

Good Morning Gang...

TGIF

Steph have a great time at the lake !!! Enjoy yourself !!!

As to walking - ya - I can do it - but my exercise limit it about 1.5 hrs max - that's it I usually exercise for no more than 1 hr usually about 50-55 minutes ... I enjoy it for that time but after that nope too much - With our bands I don't know how it would be to eat in a short period of time and drinking fast - I can't if I take a big gulp of Water I get pain..

I know it's a great cause - but I have no inclination to walk 18 miles a day - 3 miles per hour is a good clip - I walk anywhere from 3 to 3.5 in hour now - and I am beat after 1 hr- so mulitply that by 5 hours - nope doesn't sound like something I would ever do.. And the whole fact that you have to raise so much $$$ - I don't like asking pple for money period. And most of my friends don't have tons of it..

I know you are passion about this walk - and I am happy that you are doing something that you are so passion about and wish you and your gang the best - can't wait to hear how it all goes..

Karla - Can't wait to hear how your visit goes with your new doc..

Well I got here early 7 a.m - and now it's 7:49 - so I need to get my butt in gear...

CBL :wink2:

Yeehaw!!! A new page

How cool is that...

I am so excited about our RV I can't wait to see and drive in it. more later, I am at work

Oh ,oh, oh... I have to go back and read about the SEX after knee surg....

Edited by peaches9

OMG you had my lmao on the whole sex things - then I loved the clarification about studiying the material - but not that section...

Hugs on the pbing - I just had steak (ny strip) I just made sure I cut it into tiny tiny piece - had maybe 4 or a good 5 oz and have room for my veggies..

CONGRATS on the weight loss - You know your body - nothing for a while - the bam a big loss..

You have do so well in the last 2 yrs Phyl - I was just bragging about you to my gf candy who came over tonite - was showing her the pics from Canada (btw who has the pic's with all of us with Elvis - I haven't seen those posted) any way I was explaining who everyone was and how much they have lost - I told her how well you have done especially with you bum knees... And that next yr we are going to have to run to keep up with you :wink2:

Phyl, old people sex. LMAO!!! I wanted to die! With their clothes on...are you kidding me? That's way to freaking funny. Did you share that one with Earl? hehehe...tmi...tmi....sorry. Oh...going to be at Rose's and at the lake so it will be spotty me checking in. Don't panic. I should be home NEXT Sunday at the latest. Love you girls!!! Have a great week.

Glad you had a safe trip home, Phyl! My mom didn't tell me about the sex after joint replacement part! Hummm--I'll have to ask her about that--NOT!

Yeah, the pictures were too funny! Of course I gave it to Earl! LOL! He didn't comment, but he looked at it!

I have a pretty good photo of us with Elvis. Haven't gotten around to posting any pictures yet but I will.

Steph & Phyl, great job on the weight loss.

Job #3 is a conglomerate....'Business manager' of a couple of friends who are teaching in China-basically, take care of mail, bills, taxes, any correspondence; basketball/volleyball clock & score book; alterations & mending, occasional custom sewing job. Last year I made some huge photography blinds out of burlap (think duck blind) for a wildlife photographer. I don't do as much alterations as I use to. I can't handle the stress. I did a lot of wedding/prom alterations, but it terrifies me to be working on someones $1000+ dresses & suits. Head to kalispell at 8:00, I'll let you all know how it goes. Have a good day!!

I don't know how you keep up with all that!!

MOVED MY TICKER TODAY!!

Found you! Back from MOA--missed you guys there--not as much fun alone. I did manage to buy a few things. The business part went well--it was a big school so lots of work! It was a weight-nuteral week trip, so that's good.

DH is home, building a deck around a fire pit. I had to help by carying pavers yesterday. This am he's cutting, so there's not much I can do. I'll wander out there later.

Glad you had a safe trip home, Phyl! My mom didn't tell me about the sex after joint replacement part! Hummm--I'll have to ask her about that---NOT!

Saw the RV pics, Candice. NICE!!! When can we expect you and Peter? I'm absolutely serious!!! My sister will be here next week, and Tim's coming home Sept 11 for a week, but other than that, mi casa es tu casa! (Spanish--sorry, I don't know how to say it in french)

Its o.k. Linda, I actually understand Spanish a bit more than the French...LOL

I'd love to make a road trip to WIsconcin.. but I doubt that it'll be this summer... We are going up to Temagami the week after next to my DSisters place... That'll probably be our Inaugural trek in the R.V. got so much to do at home this week. Peter started tearing down the fence in the back yarad today, to put in a New Gate for the RV to fit into the backyard... so that'll keep him busy for a few days.. Twig does NOT like being tied up to the laundry line...:wink2: Woody took her advantange and made a bee-line down Red Oak Drive away from the house helter skelter... for an old girl she was running pretty fast!!! Peter was calling it the GREAT ESCAPE!!

Phyl, I gotta find some 'new' positions!!! Can you email me?? Remember, Peter dosn't have an artificial knee... but I am sleeping with a RETIREE now - so I am sure there are some adjustments that we need to be making:tongue_smilie:

Also, the RV dosn't have a QUEEN size bed, its only a DOUBLE >>>> :nanahump: I don't know how we are going to sleep in THAT... when we are used to a KING in the house..OMW :wink2:

Shopping for a new flat screen TV this weekend to put in the van. Then Peter is going to remove 1 or 2 of the seats and make an armoir for extra closet space. There is a microwave and a toaster oven built in..

Candice, when you head south you can drive west to Montana, spend some time in Glacier and Yellowstone....see Karla and me...and THEN go south. You know what I'm going to tell Jeff tonight during pillow talk....how unfair it is that we can't retire :wink2: You are such a bad influence :nanahump:

Stephanie; I would love to drive out across to Montana... how cool would THAT be! But I'd have to stop at Dear Linda's first in Sheybogan!!!

I can hardly wait to see it and drive in it and camp out overnight... I know I sound just like a little kid! ;< )

Stephanie; I would love to drive out across to Montana... how cool would THAT be! But I'd have to stop at Dear Linda's first in Sheybogan!!!

I can hardly wait to see it and drive in it and camp out overnight... I know I sound just like a little kid! ;< )[/QUO

Nope- you gotta stop here first. You have to pass right by me on your way to Linda's.