Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Candice, your gig sounds like fun, congrats on the rebook, that is huge! They like you!! Well we knew they would, how could they not, besides...if they didn't they would have us on their door step. Did you get free lattes?

Well, got a lot done. Went through a years worth of papers for the couple (who teach in China) I pay bills for. I'm good about paying the bills, not so good about filing everything. Got their bills paid, my bills paid, on my 9th load of laundry...how can one person generate so much laundry. Unpacked 3 boxes, organised all my masters papers. I have a tendency to toss everything in a big box, so everything is hole punched and filed in appropriate binders. Finished shelving all the DVDs & books. Was going to take the furries for a walk, but them and rain...not a good mix. They like snow, but not rain.

Janet, I think he stopped you because he thought you were a hottie!! But it sure is irritating. I know what you mean about doing out even when you would rather stay at home, expecially if what you went out for isn't all that great.

I have been invited to a Halloween party next weekend. I RSVP's so I can't back out. Now I have to think of a costume. It will probably be a grass hula skirt, hat, and coconut bra. The coconuts will go over a tank top. I wish I could think of something warm to wear. Who knows, there might even be single men...yeah what would I do with them.

I am going to do some school work this evening, I am REALLY tired of lousy TV. If I could get local channels with rabbit ears I'd cancel my cable, granted the reason it is lousy is that I have cheap cable.

Check in later, TTFN

Candice, your gig sounds like fun, congrats on the rebook, that is huge! They like you!! Well we knew they would, how could they not, besides...if they didn't they would have us on their door step. Did you get free lattes?

YES, we got free lattes and they fed us too... I was worried about how slow I eat so between sets I had a bowl of PotTOE bacon soup... to die for!!!

Well, got a lot done. Went through a years worth of papers for the couple (who teach in China) I pay bills for. I'm good about paying the bills, not so good about filing everything. Got their bills paid, my bills paid, on my 9th load of laundry...how can one person generate so much laundry. Unpacked 3 boxes, organised all my masters papers. I have a tendency to toss everything in a big box, so everything is hole punched and filed in appropriate binders. Finished shelving all the DVDs & books. Was going to take the furries for a walk, but them and rain...not a good mix. They like snow, but not rain.

Janet, I think he stopped you because he thought you were a hottie!! But it sure is irritating. I know what you mean about doing out even when you would rather stay at home, expecially if what you went out for isn't all that great.

I have been invited to a Halloween party next weekend. I RSVP's so I can't back out. Now I have to think of a costume. It will probably be a grass hula skirt, hat, and coconut bra. The coconuts will go over a tank top. I wish I could think of something warm to wear. Who knows, there might even be single men...yeah what would I do with them.

I am going to do some school work this evening, I am REALLY tired of lousy TV. If I could get local channels with rabbit ears I'd cancel my cable, granted the reason it is lousy is that I have cheap cable.

Check in later, TTFN

Definetly, go to the party and land some HUNK, besides... you don`t have to go all the way to 3rd base .... just neck and fool around.... make him wait for it.... until JAN 2011 :blushing:

Its o.k. there is never enough bragging.... plus once I get a wee one, just TRY and shut me up!!!:blushing:

Yummmm margaritas;;;; oh joy oh bliss!!! Hate the salt afterwards though... but I am sure your food was just o.k.... don`t sweat it! How is Earl feeling today?? Still getting a bit stronger each day??

Just got home from our afternoon gig at Kokomo Beanz Cafe... the JazzBassic gig went really well, she`s booked us again in NOV and DEC... whoot,whoot... had a steady bunch of customers once they came in to get coffeeélunch... t hey stayed and stayed... had lots of positive feedback!!! Here``s some pictures that my GF took and put up on FB

I had Larry make my margaritas blended and w/o salt.

Brunch today was out of this world... shared some oysters baked in spinach and... I think it was Bearnaise sauce. Oh, my! Then had scallops, also baked in some kind of sauce w/onions and tomatoes, served w/broccoli, sliced turnips and sliced potatoes... I'd say less than 1/4 cup of each of those. BUT... it was a champagne brunch and every time your glass went down an ounce or two the waiter was filling it up!

Afterward Earl took me to Starbucks to get my fix, and then we went to the hospital to visit a lady who is in our Water aerobics. The people who watched Zoey last week when we were at the surgery center. She came down w/a fever a few days later and she has a massive bladder and intestinal infection. So she is on I.V. antibiotics and mega steroids. She has a number of health issues.

We found her walking in the hall w/her I.V. pole! But we didn't stay long because she said she is supposed to be in isolation! So not sure why they let her wander the halls!!

Earl is doing GREAT. Doesn't totally ave his energy back, but he's sleeping much better. Still complaining of sinus drainage, but at least it's draining and not blocking up and causing him headaches. He still has an ear ache, too. He wants to go to the pool in the morning but I told him he better not. Especially since we have high winds tonight and it's supposed to be worse tomorrow.

Congrats on the successful gig complete w/re-booking!!

Karla... we have Oktoberfest this Friday night... supposed to wear costumes, and they are including a "Sky Valley has Talent" show after pot luck dinner. We haven't gone to one here in a long time because they can get pretty grim!! LOL.... Long and boring. And they let anyone do anything they want... within reason, of course! But some people who THINK they have talent really don't!!! HAHAHA!!!

Phyl you are just a party animal. But I agree, I just cringe we people think they have 'talent' and they don't. Our school has a talent show every year and I can't bear to go because I am embarrassed for the contestants that don't have a clue.

Well back to school after a glorious mini vacation. I totally enjoyed the 3 days of no school Technically 4, but I had class on one of the days. Next break isn't until Thanksgiving, then one day back at school, then surgery.

So Candice, when you don't have snow covering your leaves, what do you do with them? I have 5 huge maples on the boulevard in front of my house and the leaves are starting to stack up. I know I need to clean them up WHEN they finally finish falling. I keep hoping the wind blows them to the neighbors. I can't burn them since I am in city limits. There will be too many to compost. Refuse to pay take them to the dump. I do have another option, rake them all up, not my idea of fun, load them into the truck, again not my idea of fun, and haul them to the local "natural material" dump. Unfortunately it is only open on Wednesdays and Fridays. The reality is that I will end up doing that and then finding someone to take them. I am considering hiring my neighbor kids (there are ten of them) to do it. Still a possibility, just need to check the budget and wait for all the leaves to drop.

Janet, is it next weekend that you go to your sisters?

Linda, enjoy your trip, relax!!!!

Good Morning Peeps

Sounds like everyone had a great Sunday..

Karla - all that filing - I'm terrible at it too.. WTG on going to the halloween party.. Can't you composite your own leaves or doesn't your trash company have a barrel for green waste - we do we get 3 trash cans trash - recycle - green for grass - bush trimings - leave etc..

Phyl - Sounds like a lot of Rich food - It's suppose to be windy today - so know that means WINDY for you guys..

Linda - You can brag on your babies all you want - that's what grandma's do ;0)

Well - did the gym - when and got andrews table - did a little marshalls shopping got home around 4 - washed clothes - ate dinner watched tv bed

Karla I leave Friday to go see sister..

Well off to the showers

Phyl you are just a party animal. But I agree, I just cringe we people think they have 'talent' and they don't. Our school has a talent show every year and I can't bear to go because I am embarrassed for the contestants that don't have a clue.

Well back to school after a glorious mini vacation. I totally enjoyed the 3 days of no school Technically 4, but I had class on one of the days. Next break isn't until Thanksgiving, then one day back at school, then surgery.

So Candice, when you don't have snow covering your leaves, what do you do with them? I have 5 huge maples on the boulevard in front of my house and the leaves are starting to stack up. I know I need to clean them up WHEN they finally finish falling. I keep hoping the wind blows them to the neighbors. I can't burn them since I am in city limits. There will be too many to compost. Refuse to pay take them to the dump. I do have another option, rake them all up, not my idea of fun, load them into the truck, again not my idea of fun, and haul them to the local "natural material" dump. Unfortunately it is only open on Wednesdays and Fridays. The reality is that I will end up doing that and then finding someone to take them. I am considering hiring my neighbor kids (there are ten of them) to do it. Still a possibility, just need to check the budget and wait for all the leaves to drop.

Janet, is it next weekend that you go to your sisters?

Linda, enjoy your trip, relax!!!!

Well, after all that planning and training.. I am sitting here in front of the puter... when I should be working the Election!!!

After yesterdays gig, my chest started hurting(hasn't felt right in a couple of days) and I lost my voice...and I mean completely!! It's not sore... just vocal chords must be so swollen from a virus they just will not vibrate to make sound.

Glad it didn't happen yest. but I am dissappointed in missing the election. PLUS, they will be short handed at the arena... and then people voting will get CRANKY standing in line. Poor Peter is there now, polls opened 30 mins ago and he'll be there until 8 p.m. tonight when they close.

Karla: We have to buy Paper leaf bags, rake up all our stuff, amd take the bags to the curb, the town will then have a collection crew come by and take them to the town COMPOST site... once composted they sell back the mulch to the people in town who want it for gardens.

We usually have at least 30 bags, no way we could afford to take them all to the dump ourselves.

We are not allowed to burn either. We are allowed only 1 bad of trash per week per household, then we have a GREY Bin for PAPER recycles, and a BLUE Box for all other recycles, then we have GREEN bin for kitchen refuse and waste/organic... ITs quite complicated... but its a good cause.. all buckets are picked up at the curb.

Off to gargle some salt water!!!

Good Morning Peeps

Sounds like everyone had a great Sunday..

Karla - all that filing - I'm terrible at it too.. WTG on going to the halloween party.. Can't you composite your own leaves or doesn't your trash company have a barrel for green waste - we do we get 3 trash cans trash - recycle - green for grass - bush trimings - leave etc..

Phyl - Sounds like a lot of Rich food - It's suppose to be windy today - so know that means WINDY for you guys..

Linda - You can brag on your babies all you want - that's what grandma's do ;0)

Well - did the gym - when and got andrews table - did a little marshalls shopping got home around 4 - washed clothes - ate dinner watched tv bed

Karla I leave Friday to go see sister..Well off to the showers

Sure... spoil my fun! Yeah, too many sauces, but SEAFOOD!! LOL! Scallops and oysters were wonderful. And there was lots of spinach in the sauce!! :huh2: Did I mention the croissants?

Yeah.. tell me about windy!! Scooter cover blew off twice before we even went to bed. And Earl had to go find my Water exercise thingies....7_5_140.gifAnd we had neighbors' noodles all over the place. It's died down a little now so I probably shouldn't have skipped the pool.

Yes... it not only gets boring, but, you're right.. it is downright embarrassing!! Don't know what we'll do. I love the costume part of it, but not sure I can sit through the talent show!! And we do have some wonderful talent here, but then there are the others!! HAHAHA!!

Glad you had a good weekend!!!

Isn't today Linda's birthday??

Well, after all that planning and training.. I am sitting here in front of the puter... when I should be working the Election!!! After yesterdays gig, my chest started hurting(hasn't felt right in a couple of days) and I lost my voice...and I mean completely!! It's not sore... just vocal chords must be so swollen from a virus they just will not vibrate to make sound. Glad it didn't happen yest. but I am disappointed in missing the election. PLUS, they will be short handed at the arena... and then people voting will get CRANKY standing in line. Poor Peter is there now, polls opened 30 mins ago and he'll be there until 8 p.m. tonight when they close. Off to gargle some salt water!!!

SO SORRY!!

Singing your little heart out yesterday probably did not help either!! I know you were looking forward to working at the election. That's sure frustrating and annoying. Hope you are feeling better soon!!

7_1_52.gif 15_9_20.gif

post-220150-13813139643794_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139644093_thumb.jpg

post-220150-1381313964439_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139644677_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139644952_thumb.jpg

trying to book my flight with air miles... gosh it takes forever

o.k. now back,.. finally got it done... Toronto to Palm Springs, SUn 13th March @ 13:45 or 1:45 p.m. in the afternoon.

FLy home to Toronto MONDAY 21 March, depart Palm Springs 20:16 or 8:16 p.m. in the evening, fly to LAX, then San Fransico, then Toronto.. its a horrible itinerary home but I'll have 8 hours to kill in S.F.during the night... oh I'd better bring a good book!!! Land in Toronto Tues 22 Mar @ 3:30 in the afternoon.

SO Janet; I tried so many masinations of dates and times and this was all that was available.. but at least you won't have to miss work to drive me to the airport :-)

There, its for REAL now... I am coming to California!! Whoo-hoo , whoot=whoot... now I have to tell Peter sometime,when he is in a really good mood!!!! HA,hA<hA<

Edited by peaches9

Yup, so I booked mine too! Arrive on Firday 1/2 hour after Candice, but I have to go home on Saturday morning. Costs a whole lot more to fly on Sunday, and I have to be at work on Monday. Yiippppeeeee!

Cora's still napping. I think I'll go wake her up. Here's a pic from her Hallwoeen parade at my school today (If I canremember how to post a pic. . .)

Dorothy.JPG?attach=1

Ok there must be an email I haven't read - Didn't know Linda confirmed dates :0)

Ok - Pick you both up at Palm Springs on Sunday Afternoon 3/13 - Phyl - why don't you plan on coming to dinner that night - they are going to be tired from all that traveling ;0) - Earl & Zoey too ;o)

Linda flying home Saturday 3/19 and Candice 3/21 evening - OMG you are a traveler - I wouldn't have done those hours

I will have work on Monday ;0) so you can stay home rest up for your 24 hr flight and train Bella :0) lol..

Phyl - Oh you went to Melyvins - Yes very La Te Da !!! Nope you didn't mention the bread with the fancy name ;0)

Ok Linda & Candice - I am a kicked back hostess - Mi Casa Su Casa - I am very informal ;0)

Ok there must be an email I haven't read - Didn't know Linda confirmed dates :0)

Ok - Pick you both up at Palm Springs on Sunday Afternoon 3/13 - Phyl - why don't you plan on coming to dinner that night - they are going to be tired from all that traveling ;0) - Earl & Zoey too ;o)

Linda flying home Saturday 3/19 and Candice 3/21 evening - OMG you are a traveler - I wouldn't have done those hours

I will have work on Monday ;0) so you can stay home rest up for your 24 hr flight and train Bella :0) lol..

Phyl - Oh you went to Melyvins - Yes very La Te Da !!! Nope you didn't mention the bread with the fancy name ;0)

Ok Linda & Candice - I am a kicked back hostess - Mi Casa Su Casa - I am very informal ;0)

Whoo-hoo its gonna be a blast!!! But some confussion, I thought I read that Linda gets in on MONDAY? I probalby missed an email or something.

Rested all day, drinking tea and warm Soup for lunch, prot. bar for breaky... stil can't talk:mad:

Phoned my Drs office, and she said she didn't wnt to see me unless I spiked a fever... its a virus... just deal with it..

Peter called me once today, from the polling station, it was 3 oclock and the 1st break he had had....:huh2::)

Linda arrives Monday 14th Mar, I get there Sunday 13th of March*** just checked Hotmail confirmation.

Edited by peaches9

Okay ladies, just rub it in...can I pout :huh2: Oh you will have such a lovely time. Probably best that I couldn't make it, just found out my monthy Water bill has gone from $50 to almost $90 a month. At this rate I could have stayed in my old place. Nah, I like this place better, nice and cosy. Evidently the city is in debt over 1.2 MILLION dollars. So they have decided to make it up with the water bill over the next 6 years. I can't even imagine how an older retired individual can come up with $40 extra bucks a month.

Good day at school, as school goes. The kids were a little squirrely, but once they got caught up on all the gossip they became comotose.

I will our town recycled. We always try to get recycling started, but it never lasts. I haven't decided what I am going to do with all the leaves, but if the wind keeps blowing it won't be my problem...shall we say share the wealth!!!

I did tell the city clerk today when I went in to pay my $225 water bill that I won't be planting anything on the boulevard, since my water bill almost doubled. She agreed. She did make a good point that the town could well become a ghost town if they keep raising the rates.

Oh well,,,back to homework!!

Morning everyone...brrrrrrrrrrr chilly night, even with 3 furries in bed it was chilly. Had the mattress heater up to six and wore a sweatshirt and socks, and still got chilly. Soon we will be like Candice and be Nanook of the North. This is when living south sounds wonderful, but could never handle the heat.

Good Morning Gang

Happy Birthday Linda !!!! You leave for Mexico today ;0)...

Enjoy your Day and Vacation

Karla - Well maybe you will be so jealous the you will say f it and come ;0).. Or maybe you will win the lottery and be able to..

My Water bill was $50+ with Andrew here - now it's $35 - don't know what next month will be as had to water the new grass 3 x a day - but now that it's up - turned it back down

Phyl - What's on your plate today - Bella won't leave me alone to time - she wants in my lap but then she wants to get on desk or to kiss my face - she needs training !!!

Candice how's the throat today....

I got my fake (powdered) Peanut Butter yesterday - on my other thread we have been talking about it - 1st is tbsp = tablespoon or teaspoon - I forget - 2 tbsp powder 1 tbsp water - 45 cal and 85% less fat than reg pbutter - going to have a pt shake and use it this morning - got reg peanut butter and choc peanut butter -

Okay ladies, just rub it in...can I pout :smile: Oh you will have such a lovely time. Probably best that I couldn't make it, just found out my monthy Water bill has gone from $50 to almost $90 a month. At this rate I could have stayed in my old place. Nah, I like this place better, nice and cosy. Evidently the city is in debt over 1.2 MILLION dollars. So they have decided to make it up with the water bill over the next 6 years. I can't even imagine how an older retired individual can come up with $40 extra bucks a month.

Karla, I can`t beleive that you water bill is that much, were you watering all your plants everyday, twice a day? LOL Our water bill is $35 every two months, but then again I am NOT on town sewer yet, still got my septic bed.

Good day at school, as school goes. The kids were a little squirrely, but once they got caught up on all the gossip they became comotose.

I will our town recycled. We always try to get recycling started, but it never lasts. I haven't decided what I am going to do with all the leaves, but if the wind keeps blowing it won't be my problem...shall we say share the wealth!!!

I did tell the city clerk today when I went in to pay my $225 water bill that I won't be planting anything on the boulevard, since my water bill almost doubled. She agreed. She did make a good point that the town could well become a ghost town if they keep raising the rates.

Oh well,,,back to homework!!

Morning everyone...brrrrrrrrrrr chilly night, even with 3 furries in bed it was chilly. Had the mattress heater up to six and wore a sweatshirt and socks, and still got chilly. Soon we will be like Candice and be Nanook of the North. This is when living south sounds wonderful, but could never handle the heat.

Ha,ha, ha you wouldnt beleive our weather yesterday and today... 18 Celcius... o.k. thats almost 65 or 70 farenheit!!! WTF??? then I`ll bet next week we`ll be back to flurries again :lol: sheesh :P

Good Morning Gang

Happy Birthday Linda !!!! You leave for Mexico today ;0)...

Enjoy your Day and Vacation

Karla - Well maybe you will be so jealous the you will say f it and come ;0).. Or maybe you will win the lottery and be able to..

My water bill was $50+ with Andrew here - now it's $35 - don't know what next month will be as had to water the new grass 3 x a day - but now that it's up - turned it back down

Phyl - What's on your plate today - Bella won't leave me alone to time - she wants in my lap but then she wants to get on desk or to kiss my face - she needs training !!!

Candice how's the throat today....

Ah, throat is still SILENT, it dosn`t even make a sound when I gargle with salt water? weird, haven`t been speechless since I was 13mos old...LOL :thumbup:

I got my fake (powdered) Peanut Butter yesterday - on my other thread we have been talking about it - 1st is tbsp = tablespoon or teaspoon - I forget - 2 tbsp powder 1 tbsp water - 45 cal and 85% less fat than reg pbutter - going to have a pt shake and use it this morning - got reg peanut butter and choc peanut butter -

Oh Janet, I almost ordered it online yesterday too... but the shipping to Canada is $20 so I closed the onlinne screen. Then looked at where they sell it in the U.S. there is a store in central Michigan. And I am going on a Fabric shopping trip this weekend to Port Huron, MI.... now its 50 min drive from Pt. Huron, but there is ALSO a quilt store in the same town as the PB2 store... so I am going to try and buy some there..

Is it GOOD?? Worth the money??? Or should I just forget it??? I`d use it in shakes, and perhaps on crackers... let me know what you think of it before I spend my $$$$$`s