Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Still not feeling `well` today. Now my right eye is all red and sore. But I was feeling guilty cause Peter was outside doing all the raking and yard clean-up. So I got down on my hands and knees and cleaned out a HUGE cupboard in my kitchen. Its been driving both of us nuts lately... its my tupperware cupboard... erverytime you open it to find a container.... it all splects out onto the floor...you swear at it and slam the door shut.. vowing to do something about it... but you never doo.... its been gross for over a year!!!

I threw out so much plastic, now «i m concerned about the landfill!!!!

Making a nice oven supper tonight, Scalloped potatoes, and Baked chicken with stuffing on top... it is an easy recipe and always turns out nice. ANd the leftovers are tasty too. ah... back to the tupperware:rolleyes:

I spent some of the day searching the UTUBE for some more songs to learn... I can listen right??? I need more FAST or up tempo songs, don`t want to sound like elevator music right???

John was dissappointed though we were supposed to have a rehersal tonight... thats not gonna happen.

I just read this on FACE BOOK, posted by an acquaintance of mine... it is so true. That I thought I``d share it with you all...on a friends passing.

You can shed tears that she is gone, or you can smile because she has lived.You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,or you can...... be full of the love you shared.You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.You can remember her only that she is gone,or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back.Or you can do what she'd want:smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”

Sorry, Gals, I can't post much. I can barely move my head. Bad neck pain down the left side of my neck to my shoulder. Earl thinks it's a virus because he had the same thing. And he's probably right because now I feel like I may have a fever. Went to Water aerobics, took dog for a ride, got dropped off at costco, went to Starbucks, then Walmart. By then Earl was back from his dr appt and met me at Walmart. Got some groceries, stuff to make another vest for Zoey and didn't get home until 4pm. Can't stand the pain. Took 2 muscle relaxants. Later, chicks!

Sorry, Gals, I can't post much. I can barely move my head. Bad neck pain down the left side of my neck to my shoulder. Earl thinks it's a virus because he had the same thing. And he's probably right because now I feel like I may have a fever. Went to Water aerobics, took dog for a ride, got dropped off at costco, went to Starbucks, then Walmart. By then Earl was back from his dr appt and met me at Walmart. Got some groceries, stuff to make another vest for Zoey and didn't get home until 4pm. Can't stand the pain. Took 2 muscle relaxants. Later, chicks!

:thumbup: Uh-oh Phyl, sounds like you got the FLU virus too! Tyl and muscle relax. great idea!! Push the fluids too and keep warm... ((((HUGS))))

My TWIG-man isn't feeling well either?!?!? Do dogs get virus's???

ANyways, he hasn't been able to keep any food down for a couple of days. When Peter went to give him cheez-whiz with his heart pill in it this a.m. he wouldn't take it. Wouldn't eat dinner either and I jacked it up with some canned food, and hot water... then just now he was lying on my lap tremmors thru his whold body for about 20 mins. and he's licking his lips alot (nausea I think)... Poor dude... I tried giving him some Cheez-whiz again and no luck...he turned his nose up at it... May have to call the vet in the a.m. .. we'll see how it goes. :thumbup:

Good Evening Gang..

Hugs Phyl - Hope you feel better soon !!!

Candice - Love the thing your friend posted - so very true !!!

Found a cheaper place for the PB2

Bell Plantation PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter

Don't know what the shipping is though to canada..

I used the choc pb in my shake this a.m. for bf - it was good - I will try it tomorrow on celery (the reg pb) I think it's worth the $$ of the site above only 3.99 instead of the $15 i paid on Amazon -

To nite I am going to try it (choc one) in some vanilla greek yogurt - will let you know..

Ya I know what you mean on the tupperware cabinet - that's what I did a while back w/my pantry - I need to find the pic and upload it - it's still neat..

I think you need to call the VET 1st thing in the a.m. !!!!

I am making this chicken Soup I got off QVC David Venable -

Chicken & Dumpling Soup - it's a crock pot recipe - but I don't like the way chicken taste in the crock pot - so I am making it on the stove

Chicken - carrots, celery, onion, peas (I'm not doing the peas) ck stock - cream of ck soup - rosemary and thyme-

Well I added garlic - and don't have rosemary & thyme so used poultry seasoning and a bay leaf - got lite bisquick for dumpings 80 cal for 1 dumpling.. So all in all not bad calorie wise - better than scallop potatoes & stuffing ;0)

Here's the recipe -

Chicken & Dumpling Soup

David's Note: Chicken & Dumplings is a popular comfort food dish commonly found in the South. This recipe converts that dish into a hearty soup perfect for cold winter days. For a richer broth, remove the chicken from the bones as soon as it's tender and refrigerate. Add the bones back to the soup and continue simmering until desired strength is achieved. Strain and proceed.

To be prepared in K28786 — Crock-Pot Designer Series 6-qt. slow cooker with stoneware vessel

Ingredients:

Chicken:

2 -1/2 — 3 lbs. of chicken pieces with the skin removed

4 cups of chicken broth

2 Tbsp. olive oil

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 large yellow onion, chopped

3 stalks celery, chopped

3 medium carrots, chopped

1 cup of peas, frozen or fresh

1 bay leaf

1-1/2 tsp. seasoned salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. rosemary

1/2 tsp. thyme

Dumplings:

2 cups baking mix (Bisquick or similar)

1/2 cup milk

Directions:

In a large skillet, sauté chicken pieces in olive oil until brown on both sides, about 3 — 4 minutes on each side.

Put all ingredients except the biscuits in a 6-qt. Crock-Pot or slow cooker and cover. Cook on high for 4 — 5 hours.

While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, prepare the dumplings. Mix the baking mix and milk together and form into 1-inch balls.

Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot. Take out all leftover bones and skin and discard. Cut the large pieces of chicken meat into bite-size pieces.

Put chicken pieces back into the Crock-Pot and drop in the biscuit dough balls. Cover and cook on high for another 30 minutes. Serve in bowls with a biscuit or two for each person.

Don't know if it will be ready tonite - may have to cook it tonite and eat it tomorrow - think I am going to make it for my sister this weekend..

Janet, the chicken sounds good, I'm with you, I don't like the texture of chicken in the crockpot.

Candice, Let us know how twig is doing!!!

Phyl, as Candice said fluids, fluids.

So I didn't get posted last night Alexa DD#5 came out and I was trying to finish my paper. Hope to get it done tonight.

DD#5 is thinking on going to Idaho this weekend to see DD#2, I'm considering going along, but I know if I go I will shop, not a good idea. So who know, I'll need to think about it.

Time to get ready, Janet, enjoy your trip.

Good Morning Peeps

The Soup was FANTASTIC !!! Had it last night !!!! 1 dumpling and soup - very very good - I put my stamp of approval on it - but only 1 dumpling ;0) - that's all I had - ate the ck first then savored the dumpling it's been 10 or more yrs since I had dumplings - can't remember the last time I had them - My Mom made beef stew and did dumplings - and with chicken would make the flat ones ;0) - but I guess my Dad didn't like them cuz I only remember them when they were divorce - and she didn't make chick & dumplings - just dumplings - it was her comfort food I think - she would take a can of broth and pie curst and make them to eat .. She gained weight that summer I remember ;0) - think those dumplings had something to do w/it ;0)

Karla - go visit - just leave the cc at home ;0) - maybe they will buy you something ;0)...

Candice - keep us posted on twig...

Phyl - sure hope you are feeling better today - you should see the doc if you don't - isn't your appt for your back the 28th???

Well, thats about it - need to jump in the shower - work is calling

CBL - Hugs & Love to all

Good Evening Gang..

Hugs Phyl - Hope you feel better soon !!!

Candice - Love the thing your friend posted - so very true !!!

Found a cheaper place for the PB2

Bell Plantation PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter

Don't know what the shipping is though to canada..

I used the choc pb in my shake this a.m. for bf - it was good - I will try it tomorrow on celery (the reg pb) I think it's worth the $$ of the site above only 3.99 instead of the $15 i paid on Amazon -

Yes it was the BELL PLANT site that I checked... you had to buy 4 jars at a minimum, then the shipping to Canada was $20... which made the order around $50..

but if you see it anywhere`s cheaper, I am still interested. Glad you like the taste of it.

To nite I am going to try it (choc one) in some vanilla greek yogurt - will let you know..

Ya I know what you mean on the tupperware cabinet - that's what I did a while back w/my pantry - I need to find the pic and upload it - it's still neat..

I think you need to call the VET 1st thing in the a.m. !!!!

I am making this chicken Soup I got off QVC David Venable -

Chicken & Dumpling Soup - it's a crock pot recipe - but I don't like the way chicken taste in the crock pot - so I am making it on the stove

Chicken - carrots, celery, onion, peas (I'm not doing the peas) ck stock - cream of ck soup - rosemary and thyme-

Well I added garlic - and don't have rosemary & thyme so used poultry seasoning and a bay leaf - got lite bisquick for dumpings 80 cal for 1 dumpling.. So all in all not bad calorie wise - better than scallop potatoes & stuffing ;0)

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/nutrition.asp

my totals for yesterday, incl the scallop pott & stuffing!

Here's the recipe -

Chicken & Dumpling Soup

David's Note: Chicken & Dumplings is a popular comfort food dish commonly found in the South. This recipe converts that dish into a hearty soup perfect for cold winter days. For a richer broth, remove the chicken from the bones as soon as it's tender and refrigerate. Add the bones back to the soup and continue simmering until desired strength is achieved. Strain and proceed.

To be prepared in K28786 — Crock-Pot Designer Series 6-qt. slow cooker with stoneware vessel

Ingredients:

Chicken:

2 -1/2 — 3 lbs. of chicken pieces with the skin removed

4 cups of chicken broth

2 Tbsp. olive oil

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 large yellow onion, chopped

3 stalks celery, chopped

3 medium carrots, chopped

1 cup of peas, frozen or fresh

1 bay leaf

1-1/2 tsp. seasoned salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. rosemary

1/2 tsp. thyme

Dumplings:

2 cups baking mix (Bisquick or similar)

1/2 cup milk

Directions:

In a large skillet, sauté chicken pieces in olive oil until brown on both sides, about 3 — 4 minutes on each side.

Put all ingredients except the biscuits in a 6-qt. Crock-Pot or slow cooker and cover. Cook on high for 4 — 5 hours.

While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, prepare the dumplings. Mix the baking mix and milk together and form into 1-inch balls.

Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot. Take out all leftover bones and skin and discard. Cut the large pieces of chicken meat into bite-size pieces.

Put chicken pieces back into the Crock-Pot and drop in the biscuit dough balls. Cover and cook on high for another 30 minutes. Serve in bowls with a biscuit or two for each person.

Don't know if it will be ready tonite - may have to cook it tonite and eat it tomorrow - think I am going to make it for my sister this weekend..

off to the vet see you later

candice - that's not Bell Plantation site but netrition_logo_header_250.gif

it's only $3.99 a jar -don't know what shipping is - ck out the link ...

Your totals didn't show - Lots of carbs for one meal - potatos & stuffing - ;0) - - just trying to help - I eat starches for dinner only most of the time - I do eat starches but not every nite not every meal - sugar & starch turn to fat, make you retain Water - just not that good for you..

Hope twig is ok

candice - that's not bell plantation site but netrition_logo_header_250.gif

Your totals didn't show - Lots of carbs for one meal - potatos & stuffing - ;0) - - just trying to help - I eat starches for dinner only most of the time - I do eat starches but not every nite not every meal - sugar & starch turn to fat, make you retain Water - just not that good for you..

Hope twig is ok

Thanks for the link Janet! I'll ck that out.

TWIG is now overnight at the vets; he is dehydrated from not eating or drinking. She thinks he might have pancreatitis or Liver problems, he looked a bit YELLOW to her ( gums and insides of ears) also he could have LIME disease as he had a TICK when we came home from our trip to the US in May... so she is Xraying him, lots of blood work, IV drip... ck on him in the morning... this is gonna be $400-$500 so I hope it is only an infection of some sort that can be fixed with antibiotics!! If its anything worse, then we'll have to cross that hurdle. don't want to think about that right now:frown:

Thank you. Your order has been received.

This order ID is 201010270362

Your Customer ID is cmcintyre_beach@hotmail.com

Time of order: 2010 Oct 27 12:41:21 EST

Do NOT hit your back button and submit your order again.

Do NOT refresh this page.

This will cause a duplicate order submission and you will be charged and shipped two packages.

QuantityItem IDBrandProductSizeUnit

PriceTotal140-0017Netrition Product Catalog 1 catalog$0.00$0.003507-0001Bell Plantation PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter 6.5 oz.$3.99$11.971507-0002Bell Plantation PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter, Chocolate 6.5 oz.$3.99$3.99Itemized Subtotal$15.96Shipping - Airmail (1 to 2 weeks)$11.24Your total is$27.20

Ship To:

Candice McIntyre

251 Knox Rd West

Wasaga Beach, ON L9Z 2A7

Canada Payment Method: Master Card (last 4 digits: 2974)

You may convert your total from US currency to Canada currency using our Currency Converter.

A confirmation of your order is now being mailed to you at cmcintyre_beach@hotmail.com

If you do not receive this email confirmation within 30 minutes, please check to make sure your email address is spelled correctly and that your Internet Service Provider is not experiencing email delivery problems. If the above email address is not correct, please go to our Account Maintenance area and correct it.

You may also go to the Account Maintenance page if you ever need to change information such as your email address, shipping address, or credit card information. You can also track your order, view prior order history, and add previously ordered items to your shopping cart easily from the Account Maintenance area. Continue to Netrition.com home page.

You may submit a question or comment.

Yes, Karla, Go to Idaho, leave your CC home!! LOL

The Soup was FANTASTIC !!! Had it last night !!!! 1 dumpling and soup - very very good - I put my stamp of approval on it - but only 1 dumpling ;0) - that's all I had - ate the ck first then savored the dumpling

Karla - go visit - just leave the cc at home ;0) - maybe they will buy you something ;0)...

Candice - keep us posted on twig...

Phyl - sure hope you are feeling better today - you should see the doc if you don't - isn't your appt for your back the 28th???

Well, thats about it - need to jump in the shower - work is calling CBL - Hugs & Love to all

I emailed Chx recipe to Earl! Sounds good.

Yes, back appt tomorrow. Neck feels better this morning, but didn't go to Water aerobics. Couldn't move it when I first got up. Now just a little sore, no temp. Have to fill out tons of paperwork for tomorrow's appt plus I forgot I have TOPS program tomorrow morning, so have to prepare for that today, too!

TWIG is now overnight at the vets; he is dehydrated from not eating or drinking. She thinks he might have pancreatitis or Liver problems, he looked a bit YELLOW to her ( gums and insides of ears) also he could have LIME disease as he had a TICK when we came home from our trip to the US in May... so she is Xraying him, lots of blood work, IV drip... ck on him in the morning... this is gonna be $400-$500 so I hope it is only an infection of some sort that can be fixed with antibiotics!! If its anything worse, then we'll have to cross that hurdle. don't want to think about that right now:frown:

Hope nothing too serious with Twig! Keep us posted.

candice - that's not bell plantation site but netrition_logo_header_250.gif

Hope twig is ok

i ordered it from netrician, their price per j ar was the same , but shipping chgs were much less

Phyl: I hope your neck is somewhat better today!! Keeping my fingers crossed for your appointment. YUP Janets chicken does sound yummy!!!

O.k. true confession here.... since last THursday, I have been eating healthy again and have recommitted to my HEALTHY WEIGHT lOSS food plan.

Thurs 21 Oct 1000 cals

Fri 22 Oct 1151

Sat 23 Oct 753

Sun 24 Oct 1013

Mon 25 Oct 1219

Tues 26 Oct 1147

so far for today, 266 Cals...

I didn`t want to say anything to anyone right away, until I had some time under my belt (no pun intended) cause I`ve started, and restarted so many times... that it just gets dreery... Plus, You guys are always so supportive, then when I crash and eat junk again .... then I feel like such a failure.

I went and saw a counselor last week, we had a long chat... and she just asked me point blank, So why don`t you just get all the saline withdrawn from your Band and then eat ``to hell with it`` ??

Whoa, that was a good question.... so I decided that I do WANT MY BAND, I don`t want to go back to weighing 240 lbs... I want a healthier life... I don`t want to end up with weight related illnesses.... it was TIME to make a decision.

I am trying to find a lapband support group in my area, but that is proving difficult..My clinic used to offer one, but cancelled it for lack of attendance. My counselor dosn`t know of an Eating Disorders Group in this area... so I just have to keep looking.

I am buying myself FLOWERS every couple of days to visually REMIND me that I have chosen a healthier PATH... my personality NEEDS instant gratification, so hence the flowers.... hang what it costs, I was spending $5 - $7 a pay on crap anyways... for what!!! To make myself feel worse. SO NO MORE for TODAY... my mini goal is 10 lbs per month, and I think that is doable.

Edited by peaches9
more stuff

Candice, you make us proud. It is harder to start over, but you can do it. I think the counselor made a good point, one I'm sorry to say that we each need to be reminded of. I am 'fortunate' and I really do mean fortunate to have a monthly reminder everytime I make a payment to the bank for my band. Every month I ask myself...why are you eating. She is right, and there are some banded people who make excuses that the band doesn't work for them. AND they are right, the band doesn't do the work, but if you aren't going to work WITH the band then get it removed. Hang in there girl, we love you and that is why we want you healthy, because we want you around. I am dreaming of the day I can come up for a week and quilt, so you better be there. Being worried about Twig is an excuse to eat, but use it as a reason to NOT eat. he needs you to be healthy to help him get back on his feet.

Candice, Janet, Phyl, Linda, I am closer to you than I am to my family. I just wanted to say thank you. I KNOW I wouldn't be doing as well as I am with out you. I definitely wouldn't have made it through Elyse's issues without you.

Janet, Soup sounds devine, will have to make it, I do love homemade chicken soup. By the way the new steam in the bag by Lean Cuisine are scrumptious. But I need to check the calories, They have to be high, they taste too dang good to be withing the calorie budget.

Well, back to the paper, going to finish the darn thing tonight if it kills me!!