Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Candice, you make us proud. It is harder to start over, but you can do it. I think the counselor made a good point, one I'm sorry to say that we each need to be reminded of. I am 'fortunate' and I really do mean fortunate to have a monthly reminder everytime I make a payment to the bank for my band. Every month I ask myself...why are you eating. She is right, and there are some banded people who make excuses that the band doesn't work for them. AND they are right, the band doesn't do the work, but if you aren't going to work WITH the band then get it removed. Hang in there girl, we love you and that is why we want you healthy, because we want you around. I am dreaming of the day I can come up for a week and quilt, so you better be there. Being worried about Twig is an excuse to eat, but use it as a reason to NOT eat. he needs you to be healthy to help him get back on his feet.

Candice, Janet, Phyl, Linda, I am closer to you than I am to my family. I just wanted to say thank you. I KNOW I wouldn't be doing as well as I am with out you. I definitely wouldn't have made it through Elyse's issues without you.

Ah Karla, we are all SOUL SISTERS for certain, only with you all can I REALLY be myself , warts and all. AND still feel loved

Janet, Soup sounds devine, will have to make it, I do love homemade chicken soup. By the way the new steam in the bag by Lean Cuisine are scrumptious. But I need to check the calories, They have to be high, they taste too dang good to be withing the calorie budget.

Well, back to the paper, going to finish the darn thing tonight if it kills me!!

Phyl: How are you feeling tonight? Neck any better

Janet: I love dumplings, but don't think I could stop at ONE right now!!! LOL

Good Morning Peeps...

Never got to post last night - Had gym then Debbie came over so I could show her how I feed the dogs and their routine ;0) and she stayed till 8 - then it was time to eat ...

Candice - So proud of you for getting back on track... I love your counselor - So true - might as well get an unfill if you don't want to adhere to the healthy eating plan.. Never thought to say that... One day at a time - one meal at a time... I would suggest WW but again they really don't discuss reason behind our eating - they focus on eating healthy and tips on how to..

Hugs on Twigg.... Keep us posted..

Karla - Hugs & Love right back to you - We are sisters...

LOL cking out the calories on the steamers - I look at calories before I buy anything even when I buy treats - When we went to Denny's the other night after the play - they have to give you a nutrtitional chart (new law) debbie's daughter said - oh know you are reading that - yep... cuz that pinapple drink you are drinking has 500 cal ;0)..

Phyl - Glad your neck is better - glad your appt is finally here - can't wait to hear how it goes..

On the chick Soup - truly all you can eat is 1 dumpling... I eat the chicken 1st and then eat the dumpling - VERY filling..

Well, woke up yesterday feeling like I'm getting a cold - I haven't been sick in YEARS.. I can't be sick and see my Sis - so got some airborne & zamcam - and feel better... Hope I caught it in time..

Have gym again tonite since I can't go friday - Our new training days are Wed & Frid cuz my training partner has class on monday - and since I'm not here friday we are doing tonite..

Gotta pack when I get home - look for my cold weather clothes - 63 during the day and rain - 50's at night.. it's cold this morning...

Well have a great day everyone - xooxox Janet

Thanks, Janet. I never really thought past the "I LOVE DUMPLINGS" part of my statement... as ya know, I havn't made chick and dump. since BEFORE banding!! You are right, I wouldn't have room for more if I eat mychik first...dah... I guess I jsut remembered not being able to trust myself around it back then...

Have a great visit with your Sister, if I'm not back on... Going SHOPPING in Michigan this weekend with a GF... SHe has ceiliac disease so can't eat a lot of anything with DAIRY, WHEAT etc... and no JUNK... yippee... it'll be like being with one of YOU guys!!! LOL

PHyl: report girl, are you feeling back to normal?

How is Earl? How is your little brainiac dog??? What is she making you do today?

Twig is still at the Vet;s no word as of yet... I have a massage in about an hour so hopefully hear something soon.

Karla: Did you get that paper done? I am so proud to have such a smart lady like you for a friend!! I am so in awe of you working on your masters.. Hell, I didn't finish college!!!

Linda: in absentia... we miss you, but know that you are having one hell of a time with Mindy and Mel... Did you order me a Long Island Iced Tea???

Stephanie & Kerri... in case you ever lurk, we miss you too~:sneaky:

Candice

One rule I follow 99.9% of the time is I eat my pt 1st... And that.1% of the time - I may eat my veggies 1st.

For me now a days if my meal doesn't include some sort of veggies - I think it's incomplete - again every now and then my meal may be meat & starch- but rarely - I really crave veggies so much more now a days.. In the old days my meal could be 100% starch no meat or veggies - and hell pre band I didn't eat them (veggies) often - I have always liked them but since no one else ate them - I didn't cook them often

For me - the way I look and feel now a days - out weighs the lure of unhealthy foods - Ya I still want them - but like I said 99.9% I read calories before I eat anything - even when I buy a candy - I want/have to acknowledge what I am eating

Yesterday a company person brought Cookies in - Mrs. Fields - I looked looked looked at them - had 1/2 one - really didn't taste all that good - the other half kept calling my name - I mean really calling my name - I just had to say to the cookie - F up - I am not caving - you didn't taste that good - why am I going to waste my precious calorie budget on you.. I am not - I want my ck & dumpling Soup for dinner..

Thats' just an example of how I think now adays - my thinking really has changed - even though I don't really count calories - mentally I sorta do - I watch the treats.

I made that PB2 last night when debbie was over - we put it on celery - EXCELLENT.. So it will be my snack for the day.

45 cal for the pb and zip for celery - can't beat it !!!

Well the Vet just called, and TWIG's liver enzymes are off the charts. He is jaundiced, she is treating him with antibiotics but they really won't do any good. As his white blood cell count is normal. Next step would be an Ultrasound of the abdomen, it would positively confirm either CANCER or CHRONIC HEPATITIS, cancer is not treatabe, and the hepatitis can be treated but its a lenthy and costly regime, with no guarantee he'd return to health as he knew it. He could still continue to vomit and have diarhea daily throughout the course of treatment. Plus the ultrasound is done in Toronto, and would be $1000 + So Peter and I have decided the best thing to do is euthenise my baby boy. It really sucks, he's 11 yrs old and also has heart problelms. The vet said with 2 major organs involved its a quality of life issue. The heart meds have helped him get to 11, but now this? Going to be a real shitty day

Candice

- Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs....

Yep one frigging shitty day

- Hugs Hugs Hugs

xoxo

Janet

Ah Candice, I am crying with you...Twig was a sweetheart and you are going to miss him horridly. How is Peter? You made the right decision. Not an easy one, but the loving one. Twig needs to be done with the pain. Ah crap, crap, crap. It's going to be okay...he had a fabulous life, when I met him you could tell he was loved and he knew it. I'm so sorry, ((((((hugs)))))) all of our arms are wrapped around you and Peter.

Candice

- Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs....

Yep one frigging shitty day

- Hugs Hugs Hugs

xoxo

Janet

Thanks Janet; I know you are a sucker for animals too, but it seems quieter around here already. You know it was OCT last year when we had to put Woody down.... FLICK I hate the fall.

Ah Candice, I am crying with you...Twig was a sweetheart and you are going to miss him horridly. How is Peter? You made the right decision. Not an easy one, but the loving one. Twig needs to be done with the pain. Ah crap, crap, crap. It's going to be okay...he had a fabulous life, when I met him you could tell he was loved and he knew it. I'm so sorry, ((((((hugs)))))) all of our arms are wrapped around you and Peter.

oH Karla , don`t cry , my eyes are stinging so bad...YUP he did have a fabulous life, we`ve been sitting here reminising about all the antics (trouble) he used to get into. THAT BOY HAD STORIES TO TELL!!!

From his constant run ins with BEEs in the backyard (nope he never learned that they stung! dah) & sKUNKS, to racing thru the woods on a total adrenal rush only to impale himself on someones cast off bed springs,,... off to the vet... Actually, in 11 yrs he had more calamaties that had to be stiTched up, cleaned up than WOODY did in her 15 yrs. (she didn`t get into too much trouble) It was always my Twig man! He never, ever failed to meet me at the back door when I came home, regardless of whether he`d been napping on the couch with Peter. He`d hear the electric garage door and come running, Bridget nor Woody ever did this.(not for me at least)..There were 2 times when he caught a finger nail in the fencing(tryng to catch a wiley squirrel) and hung there screaming until I got him loose... Once would have been enough for me!

I could go on and on... lots of good memories, lots of times I`d look at that dog making 12 attempts to jump up onto the bed...I`d scratch my head, wasn`t this the guy who jumps 5 foot wooden fences???

He was my mystery boy - and I loved him dearly.

Yep, he was the MAN of your life, Peter is only 2nd best! Love you

Okay...

Candice the paper is DONE and I bribed the prof. to scan through it before final submission. My last paper was 12 pages long and he has really nagged me about being concise, so I tried this time. It turned out to only be 4 pages, which has be worried that I forgot something. Next paper is due in one week. Up to this point we have had 2 weeks inbetween. But on the good side...only 3 more papers to write for the semester, then I get a break (at least for this class) until January.

To night I get to veg a little. But I am craving chocolate. Not good.

Janet, checked the cals of the Lean Cuisine steamers and it is under 300 cals. The bag is for one serving, but I usually don't eat it all. Today was a hungry day, but tomorrow is a Bshot day and that usually helps.

Janet, travel safe.

Has anyone heard how Phyl's doc appointment went?

Candice, so sorry to hear about Twig!! Tracy will be sad, too. We had a good time with both dogs when we were up at your place.

Dr. appt was pretty routine. I liked the guy. First time in a long time I went to a docotr who is OLDER than me!! LOL. He said he could give me Rx but really can't tell what's going on without an MRI. SO I go tomorrow afternoon for more x=rays and MRI of lower spine and neck. Neck is BAD again today. Had a horrible night. Couldn't sleep. Too much pain. Temp went up over 100 again this afternoon when we got back. Took 3 Ibuprofen and it went back donw. I'm going to take a couple more in a minute and go to bed and hopefully that will get me some sleep. Or maybe I"ll take a pain pill.

Neighbor across the street, Max, died yesterday. Totally unexpected, but Joy said he's been falling for the past week or so. Said they had to take him by ambulance 7 times in the last 2 weeks... broken rib, old Fx in his neck, stitches in his head. So... something was going on. They found him on the bathroom floor at 3 a.m. and he died a few minutes later. Too sad. He was 88. Joy will be so lonely.

Couldn't exercise today, and I don't htink I will tomorrow either. Don't want to aggravate the neck! My sister keeps bugging me to go to Dr. But I DID go today and he didn't say much about the neck and fever. She thinks I have strep or Viral meningitis. UGH. I just want to get a good sleep tonight and I'll deal with it tomorrow.

Phyl, I read once (who knows how accurate) that a simple test for menigitus was whether you could touch your chin to your chest. Keep an eye on it. Let us know how the MRI goes.

Won't be going anywhere this weekend. The in-laws beat me to going to DD#2's in Idaho. Okay technically I said I was coming first, but my daughter doesn't have what it takes to tell them no, so I'm out. I guess I will use the time to start my next paper, start working on my sewing room.

Definitely coming home and taking a nap after work, a bit tired this morning.

You all have a good day

Good Morning Peeps..

Leaving on a jet plane in a little bit ;0)

Candice - I know the pain you are feeling - Hugs Hugs Hugs - what else is there to say. Hugs Hugs Hugs..

Karla - I wasn't worried about the lean cusine :0) - Well you can have a restful weekend.. You need that..

Phyl - Hugs on the neck/pain issues - hopefully they will get to the root of the problems.. Rest is the best thing you can do..

My neck hurts all the time - I need a massage - I carry all my stress/tentsion in my neck - I know I need a good massage..

Well never got on computer last night - had gym at 6 - so didn't get home till after 7 - then kids called - then lmy gf called - had to figure out what I am wearing - kinda hard - cuz my closet is a mess - my winter clothes are in the other closet - then I have the whole airport security issues - don't want to wear boots - so I think I have it figured out - gotta shower dress - got get halloween candy (didn't dare get it last night - cuz I would have eaten it) so this morning gotta run to Target then got to go to some store and get tortillas (fiesta) for the kids - it's their fave and they can't get them up north..

Had my ck Soup for dinner - popcorn - vanilla greek yogurt w/WW cream cheese & brown sugar splenda - one of my fav Desserts - got that from you guys in WA - I know you use it to dip fruit - but it taste like cheese cake and I am getting Protein

food yesterday - pt shake w/pb2 and banana - salad w/chicken & avocado - bolthouse dressing - dinner chicken soup 1 dumpling - popcorn - and yogurt concoction and 2 sf popsicles - my new thing -when I want to eat ;0) don't need room and 15 whole calories ;0)

Well it's 7 - need to jump in the shower -

Love to all may not talk to you all till Monday...

just a quik ck in... I just got a great review from a friend about this book...

The end of overeating. - Taking Control of The Insatiable North American Appetite"

by: David A. Kessler

Okay...

Candice the paper is DONE and I bribed the prof. to scan through it before final submission. My last paper was 12 pages long and he has really nagged me about being concise, so I tried this time. It turned out to only be 4 pages, which has be worried that I forgot something. Next paper is due in one week. Up to this point we have had 2 weeks inbetween. But on the good side...only 3 more papers to write for the semester, then I get a break (at least for this class) until January.

To night I get to veg a little. But I am craving chocolate. Not good.

I just reread some info from my lapband clinic... Dr. Yau suggests when you want something (JUNK) in the evening. Set a 10 min egg timer, have a 8 oz glass of Water and wait... after the 10 if you STILL want it then have just a taste of the forbidden food.. Chances are you wont want it after the 10 mins... something I think I`ll try!

Janet, checked the cals of the Lean Cuisine steamers and it is under 300 cals. The bag is for one serving, but I usually don't eat it all. Today was a hungry day, but tomorrow is a Bshot day and that usually helps.

Janet, travel safe.

Has anyone heard how Phyl's doc appointment went?

Candice, so sorry to hear about Twig!! Tracy will be sad, too. We had a good time with both dogs when we were up at your place.

Dr. appt was pretty routine. I liked the guy. First time in a long time I went to a docotr who is OLDER than me!! LOL. He said he could give me Rx but really can't tell what's going on without an MRI. SO I go tomorrow afternoon for more x=rays and MRI of lower spine and neck. Neck is BAD again today. Had a horrible night. Couldn't sleep. Too much pain. Temp went up over 100 again this afternoon when we got back. Took 3 Ibuprofen and it went back donw. I'm going to take a couple more in a minute and go to bed and hopefully that will get me some sleep. Or maybe I"ll take a pain pill.

Neighbor across the street, Max, died yesterday. Totally unexpected, but Joy said he's been falling for the past week or so. Said they had to take him by ambulance 7 times in the last 2 weeks... broken rib, old Fx in his neck, stitches in his head. So... something was going on. They found him on the bathroom floor at 3 a.m. and he died a few minutes later. Too sad. He was 88. Joy will be so lonely.

Couldn't exercise today, and I don't htink I will tomorrow either. Don't want to aggravate the neck! My sister keeps bugging me to go to Dr. But I DID go today and he didn't say much about the neck and fever. She thinks I have strep or Viral meningitis. UGH. I just want to get a good sleep tonight and I'll deal with it tomorrow.

I think you should rest and take it easy until this neck issue calms down. Do the test that Karla suggested... it may convince you that it is only a virus that just has to run its course. Perhaps going to the funeral and being around lots of other people right now might not be the best thing to do... especially if its a virus.

Phyl, I read once (who knows how accurate) that a simple test for menigitus was whether you could touch your chin to your chest. Keep an eye on it. Let us know how the MRI goes.

Symptoms

In older children and adults, the following symptoms may occur early:

• Fever
  • Headache
  • Stiff neck (usually)

Vomiting is also common. These symptoms are sometimes preceded by a sore throat, cough, runny nose, or other symptoms suggesting a respiratory illness. The stiff neck is more than just sore. Trying to lower the chin to the chest causes pain and may be impossible. Moving the head in other directions is not as difficult.

Won't be going anywhere this weekend. The in-laws beat me to going to DD#2's in Idaho. Okay technically I said I was coming first, but my daughter doesn't have what it takes to tell them no, so I'm out. I guess I will use the time to start my next paper, start working on my sewing room.

Definitely coming home and taking a nap after work, a bit tired this morning.

You all have a good day

Enjoy your quiet weekend

Good Morning Peeps..

Leaving on a jet plane in a little bit ;0)

Candice - I know the pain you are feeling - Hugs Hugs Hugs - what else is there to say. Hugs Hugs Hugs..

Karla - I wasn't worried about the lean cusine :0) - Well you can have a restful weekend.. You need that..

Phyl - Hugs on the neck/pain issues - hopefully they will get to the root of the problems.. Rest is the best thing you can do..

My neck hurts all the time - I need a massage - I carry all my stress/tentsion in my neck - I know I need a good massage..

Well never got on computer last night - had gym at 6 - so didn't get home till after 7 - then kids called - then lmy gf called - had to figure out what I am wearing - kinda hard - cuz my closet is a mess - my winter clothes are in the other closet - then I have the whole airport security issues - don't want to wear boots - so I think I have it figured out - gotta shower dress - got get halloween candy (didn't dare get it last night - cuz I would have eaten it) so this morning gotta run to Target then got to go to some store and get tortillas (fiesta) for the kids - it's their fave and they can't get them up north..

Had my ck Soup for dinner - popcorn - vanilla greek yogurt w/WW cream cheese & brown sugar splenda - one of my fav desserts - got that from you guys in WA - I know you use it to dip fruit - but it taste like cheese cake and I am getting Protein

food yesterday - pt shake w/pb2 and banana - salad w/chicken & avocado - bolthouse dressing - dinner chicken soup 1 dumpling - popcorn - and yogurt concoction and 2 sf popsicles - my new thing -when I want to eat ;0) don't need room and 15 whole calories ;0)

Well it's 7 - need to jump in the shower -

Love to all may not talk to you all till Monday...

Have a safe and comfortable trip! We`ll miss you until Monday!:thumbup: