Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good Morning Peeps..

Hugs Phyl on the back issues. That's a pain (literary).

LOL on Earl freaking on med - I have like 5 blood pressure pills left - but won't order till I'm down to 1 - but again I just have to go to the corner to pick mine up..

Ya Bella can get too rough and her teeth are sharp..

Karla - you posted and that's what counts ;0) Have a good day !!!

Well I swear Andrew calls all the time - had battery problems - told him to call AAA - then calls after work - 10 ish - I was in bed - he had a talk w/his manager the other day (he went in one morning last week just to talk to her about the condition of the store and they way things were running) - essentially tell her that they don't allow enough time to clean up the store and a certain employee wasn't doing his job - well I guess they listened - they fired the one guy - they gave them more time to clean up the store - and then the night manager tells Andrew - I got the job but it should have been yours - so he let Andrew be the night manager last night - Andrew was in hog heaven - getting to boss pple around ;0)

dinner was Fish - rice - WW fudgesicle - sf popsicle - no veggies was to lazy to cook them - since I was eating leftovers -

Got bowling today - and that's about it.. Nothing exciting

Next yr I think I will do the walk for obesity instead..

Karla: HUGs on the homework... you are so smart... I would be way too lazy to embark on a Masters Program... give yourslef a pat on the back.

Phyl; Ouch!!! Bridget has a case of fleas right now... I think she got them up north....:) now i have bites...:wink2:

Janet; Have fun bowling and WIN

Linda: Cora and Ely visits this weekend?? How arew Mels wounds healing upÉ

Phyl you did the right thing, even if it was an accident. If they bite during play YOU stop the play. Remember, you are the Alph and control everything.

Class today, so won't be back until later. Then home to finish my paper, Sorry this is short, homework.

Yeah, it was definitely an accident... just playing rough. When I wouldn't play any more, I put my hand near the floor and told her in a stern voice... "You hurt me"! And she kept licking my thumb... so she knew.. It was one tiny little puncture and just a spot of blood. She is a smart cookie!

Hugs on the homework and paper you're working on!

Good Morning Peeps.. Hugs Phyl on the back issues. That's a pain (literary).

LOL on Earl freaking on med - I have like 5 blood pressure pills left - but won't order till I'm down to 1 - but again I just have to go to the corner to pick mine up..

Ya Bella can get too rough and her teeth are sharp..

Karla - you posted and that's what counts ;0) Have a good day !!!

Well I swear Andrew calls all the time - had battery problems - told him to call AAA - then calls after work - 10 ish - I was in bed - he had a talk w/his manager the other day (he went in one morning last week just to talk to her about the condition of the store and they way things were running) - essentially tell her that they don't allow enough time to clean up the store and a certain employee wasn't doing his job - well I guess they listened - they fired the one guy - they gave them more time to clean up the store - and then the night manager tells Andrew - I got the job but it should have been yours - so he let Andrew be the night manager last night - Andrew was in hog heaven - getting to boss pple around ;0)

dinner was Fish - rice - WW fudgesicle - sf popsicle - no veggies was to lazy to cook them - since I was eating leftovers -

Got bowling today - and that's about it.. Nothing exciting

Next yr I think I will do the walk for obesity instead..

I thought about the walk for obesity... I'd have to ride the scooter! Hope you enjoy the bowling fund raiser!

513v.gif 23_29_137.gif

What store is it that Andrew works at??? He will be manager some day. He seems like a "take charge" type. He gave some excellent input and must have done it in a highly effective manner based on the response.

Karla: HUGs on the homework... you are so smart... I would be way too lazy to embark on a Masters Program... give yourself a pat on the back.

Phyl; Ouch!!! Bridget has a case of fleas right now... I think she got them up north....:) now i have bites...:wink2:

Janet; Have fun bowling and WIN

Linda: Cora and Ely visits this weekend?? How arew Mels wounds healing upÉ

UGH!! Fleas!!

We've had them a few times with cats.

Edited by phyllser

Well off to bowling - I'm not a good bowler - Nails get in the way ;0) - but it's fun

Phyl Next yr we will do the walk for obesity ....

Andrew works at the 99 cent store right by the house - you will see it next time you come over (we will plan it when I am on Vacation before Thanksgiving) A pre-bday dinner since I won't be here ;0)

Ya I think so - Andrew is a take charge person - he likes thing orderly - OMG I would hate to work for him cuz he would expect the same dedication as he has ;0) - He would have to learn some PC skills ;0)

But I'm very proud of him that he took it upon himself to go in on his own time and talk to the main manager about the issues that were bugging him..

Well gotta jam.. CBL

Finally, a bit of time for a check-in.

Phyl--Sinus surgery--uggg. Best wishes to Earl. Too bad about your hip. Hope you're not looking at yet another surgery too. Sure sucks getting old! But hey, you're in a lot better place than you would have been without the weight loss! Every time you post a pic of Zoe on FB it reminds me of Katie. It's been a year since we put her down--I miss her--except when we want to go away.

Carla--papers, papers, papers. I'm putting them off, but pretty soon I've got to just sit down and start working on them. I think I'd actually rather write them than grade them! Will you have some help after your surgery? What kind of restrictions will you have?

Janet--Sounds like fun helping to furnish an apartment! I like poking around at resale shops and stuff, but there's no need for me to do that. I've got more than I need as it is. I'm not surprised that Andrew has some of the same qualities that you have. You've taught him well! He'll figure it out.

Candice--Mel's healing. Still pretty scarred and bruised, but his stamina is back--sleeping better at night too, so that's good. I am so jealous of your trip--all places I want to go to someday. I'm going to be watching FB for pics while you're gone! Is "the rash" under control? Now fleas?. . . what a pain.

Steph, Karri? Anyone hear from them besides what's on FB?

Overwhelming week last week. Hopefully next will be better. My coworker should be back on Tuesdy, but it's going to take time for her to get caught up. I can help some, but what she teches is so specialized (medical lab technology) that I can't teach it. The good news is that she was able to quit her other job at a hospital and will be with us full-time from now on.

Tim's birthday was yesterday. He's so far away. He's applying for internships in the midwest for next year--even some in Minneapolis, Rochester MN, and WI--so we're praying that he'll get one and be a little closer. Only one more year of internships and then maybe he can start making money instead of spending it!

I miss my Mindy. I think she's in a relationship--at least we hardly ever hear from her so she must be busy. I know that she plays on two soccer teams and coaches another kids team. I'll see her on the 26th as we both have layovers in Charlotte NC on our way to Punta Cana!

Well, that's my story. Eating: totally out of control. It's wierd, but I'm really angry that I have to work this year. There are just so many other things that I WANT to be doing. My passion for my job is just gone. I'm angry that for so long I have not been able to do the things I want to do. I could see the sense in it when the kids were around and even to help with college, but now WHAT AM I WORKING FOR? Oh yea, Health Insurance. So why can't we just get it through Mel's work? It's all part of his sceme to save a few bucks. BUT IT MAKES ME MAD.

OK that's it for me. Going to a bad place. See you later!

Hugs Linda - I would be angry too - so vent away... Ya life is short and when you are burnt out (which I TOTALLY get) it's even harder.

Ya I know what you mean about fur babies and going away - I have 4 !!!

As far as Andrew goes - (imho w/kids period) you guide them as they grow up - but they turn out to be whom they are suppose to be - we have no real control over that. You can do all the right things teach your kids all the right things but they are going to turn out how they are meant to be..

Look at the kids who come from 2 parent homes - have a cushy life - go to college and still turn out bad - then you have the kid who has nothing was raised by a single mom & grandparents and becomes the President of the USA

Imho life is pre-destined - yes we have choice but it was all planed or known what choices we would make from the day we were born.. It's not that we concisely think about that - but it's fate. I do know that I have no control over anything or anyone other than myself.

I was talking to my gf last night - she was asking about childhood and about my mom - and we were talking about men in our lives - gotta say if you read a book about my life - you wouldn't beleive that I was the person I am today - or why I made those choices back then.. But all those experiences made me the person I am today..

But gotta say eating may bring temp comfort - but not like it use to - cuz now I think we feel more guilty about turning to it for comfort than we did pre-band. I know that's a fact for me.. So go shopping instead - hell if you have to work to help the retirement nest egg - then go out and reward yourself with some new bath stuff - make up - clothes - shoes - jewelry - nick nacks - whatever you want... That's what I would do - I'll show you - if I gotta work then I'm going to spend my $$$ like I want - guess you can see why I'm not marrried ;0)

Karri & Steph are gone for good I think.. Sorry that they don't like us anymore - but like I said - I have no control over others and the decisions they make - hopefully one day they will come back - and I sure hope that they get all that they strive for..

Well back from bowling - 1st game 90 something - 2nd game 86 i think ;0) - did bowl one strike ;0) and a couple spares a few gutter balls. Ya next yr walk for obesity..

I have been eating my Vitamins (chewables) and now the skin under my rings is turning green - it' looks like my jewelry is fake ;0) instead of real.. :)

Well off to bowling - I'm not a good bowler - Nails get in the way ;0) - but it's fun

Phyl Next yr we will do the walk for obesity ....

Andrew works at the 99 cent store right by the house - you will see it next time you come over (we will plan it when I am on Vacation before Thanksgiving) A pre-bday dinner since I won't be here ;0)

Ya I think so - Andrew is a take charge person - he likes thing orderly - OMG I would hate to work for him cuz he would expect the same dedication as he has ;0) - He would have to learn some PC skills ;0) But I'm very proud of him that he took it upon himself to go in on his own time and talk to the main manager about the issues that were bugging him.. Well gotta jam.. CBL

WTH.... I don't know what happened to my post. Must have pushed a wrong key!

Anyway.... I think Andrew is destined for retail management. He will excel there... but maybe with a different store after he gets some more experience.

Looking forward to having Zoey and Bella meet, and the other dogs, too. They will have a wonderful time. She doesn't do too well with big, aggressive dogs...but she'll do fine with your little ones. We are going to Three Rivers for Thanksgiving... and my birthday happens to fall on Thanksgiving this year.

Should have asked where you were bowling today. We were out and about and just looking for something to do. We went to Target where Zoey thoroughly enjoyed visiting with all the shoppers who stopped to OOOOOH and AAAAh over her!

Finally, a bit of time for a check-in.

Phyl--Sinus surgery--uggg. Best wishes to Earl. Too bad about your hip. Hope you're not looking at yet another surgery too. Sure sucks getting old! But hey, you're in a lot better place than you would have been without the weight loss! Every time you post a pic of Zoe on FB it reminds me of Katie. It's been a year since we put her down--I miss her--except when we want to go away.

Steph, Karri? Anyone hear from them besides what's on FB?

Overwhelming week last week. Hopefully next will be better. My coworker should be back on Tuesday, but it's going to take time for her to get caught up. I can help some, but what she teaches is so specialized (medical lab technology) that I can't teach it. The good news is that she was able to quit her other job at a hospital and will be with us full-time from now on.

Tim's birthday was yesterday. He's so far away. He's applying for internships in the midwest for next year--even some in Minneapolis, Rochester MN, and WI--so we're praying that he'll get one and be a little closer. Only one more year of internships and then maybe he can start making money instead of spending it!

I miss my Mindy. I think she's in a relationship--at least we hardly ever hear from her so she must be busy. I know that she plays on two soccer teams and coaches another kids team. I'll see her on the 26th as we both have layovers in Charlotte NC on our way to Punta Cana!

Well, that's my story. Eating: totally out of control. It's wierd, but I'm really angry that I have to work this year. There are just so many other things that I WANT to be doing. My passion for my job is just gone. I'm angry that for so long I have not been able to do the things I want to do. I could see the sense in it when the kids were around and even to help with college, but now WHAT AM I WORKING FOR? Oh yea, Health Insurance. So why can't we just get it through Mel's work? It's all part of his scheme to save a few bucks. BUT IT MAKES ME MAD. OK that's it for me. Going to a bad place. See you later!

Good to hear from you. Sorry that you are SO busy! And that you have to keep working. Retirement is not too far away! Hang in there!!

Happy Birthday to Tim. Hope he is closer to you when the next birthday rolls around.

13_10_13.gif

I think the sinus surgery will go fine... getting through the initial 24-48 hours will be interesting, but, hopefully it will go well! Last time he flipped out in recovery insisting he was getting off the gurney as soon as he woke up because he had to pee! They hit him with a mega dose of demerol and he was out for the rest of the day!! Which made us the last to leave the day surgery unit... around 4 p.m. when everyone else was gone by about noon! So I bought a paper back and I just downloaded a couple of new games and an audiobook to my iTouch!!! I still have to find someone to take Zoey for a few hours while we're gone. If I knew we'd be home by noon, I'd leave her here in her crate, but not knowing how long we might be gone, I'm going to ask someone to take her for the day.

Stay connected!! Do you have Skype???? I forget!

7_1_122.gif

Yes Phyl - I know your bday is thanksgiving ;0) - Ok we will have to do it then one weekend - I might be taking off the whole week after I get back - I have like 11.9 pto days left - they will allow 5 days carryover...

I would offer to babysit - but gotta work..

I was at Fantasy Springs - so you came to my Target - what time - I was home at 2 ish.. You could have stopped by ;0)

Yes Phyl - I know your bday is thanksgiving ;0) - Ok we will have to do it then one weekend - I might be taking off the whole week after I get back - I have like 11.9 pto days left - they will allow 5 days carryover...

I would offer to babysit - but gotta work..

I was at Fantasy Springs - so you came to my Target - what time - I was home at 2 ish..You could have stopped by ;0)

Didn't know my BD was on Thanksgiving this year until I looked at the calendar yesterday! Jacki is halfway through her chemo now, so I think she will be on 5-6 week reprieve then, before she has to start 6 weeks of radiation... 5 days a week in SF!! I talked to her last week and asked if she was sure she still wanted us to come up for Thanksgiving and she insisted YES. So I guess we'll go. She is a trooper! Drives up to SF once a wek... has to leave at 4:30 a.m. to get up there for her treatment. Then comes back the same day. Chris offered to fly her if she ever needs a quick trip on the weekend when he is not working.

I think it was about 2:30pm when we got home. Was probably at Target around 11. Then we went to costco. So the bowling thing was at Fantasy Springs?

Went to dog park tonight for a little while. Only small dogs tonight, so Zoey had a good time. Earl would like me to go to the pool with him but I have no energy.

Good Morning Peeps...

Phyl - Jackie is one tough chickie !!! I need to go to costco - need some steaks and dog treats... But I am so spoiled with not having to leave my neighborhood now a day..

Karla - School work & Nursery??? I bet you are pooped

Candice - What are you doing today...

I have gym in at 10 - nails and need to mop the floors already vacuumed the living room kitchen & office - need to do my room - got a load of wash going - and then had some kind of leak underneath the sink this morning - don't know what it was - (most likely the pull out handle) but it quit - but had to deal w/that when I 1st got up ..

Janet, just school and work right now. I was on campus Firday & Saturday. I had to teach the entire day for the master's program on Saturday. It was suppose to only bee 4 1/2 hours and it turned into 8. Not my idea of fun. I was with a few other ladies that I get along with okay, but they have joy in setting the others (me) up to fail. So who knows how it went, but at least it is done. DD#5 is home for the weekend so I haven't been on the computer much. It is nice having her around, but I know as soon as she gets a new boufriend that i won't see her again, her life. She is going to NewYork over spring break to visit her eldest sister DD#1. I have the $$ for the ticket and would love to go, I even have the time, but I need to save the $$ and I usually work at the nursery over spring break. Plus I have the $$ for the tickets, but no $$ for anything else. I would love to see DD#1 house, I never have, so I need to think about it. I want to, but shouldn't, and if I go I think I will fuss about the $$ the entire time and not enjoy myself. Plus I don't know what homework I would have.

Have to crank out my paper today after taking DD#5 back to school, so I probably won't be checking in much, that or I will check in a lot because my paper isn't going well.

Phyl, I know Earls surgery will go well, remind him that when it is time for the anestesia (sp) comes to think positive thoughts and to not worry about going pee. Hopefully that will sink into his mind set. Maybe they should do a catheder so that he can focus on that when gets the anestecia and maybe he won't need to worry about it. Okay, that was just a lame idea, my mind isn't working well today. Sorry.

Step & Karri, their choice. I miss them, but we can't force them to understand. However, we will need to think of a different place for the lucky 7 to meet next year since we were going to use a place that Step had connections to. I vote Belize...okay, lets get real, some place I can afford. I have a workshop to go to in July, so as soon as I get the dates, I'll let you know. If we could work arround it I'd appreciate it. I will be getting paid $200 a day for 4 days and that would pay for my trip. But if it is at the same time, I understand.

Linda, thanks for checking in. I know that if I was on my last year, I so would be battling to be there. Unfortunately it is many years away. I think part of it is that this doesn't seem to be your decision, rather it seems to be Mel's, which doesn't help you feel better. Hang in there.

Candice, we want pictures...and I want fabric. I have a couple of pieces of silk that the teacher friends sent me that are teaching in China, love it.

Okay, best go, ttfn

Karla

Of course we will work around your schedule ;0) that's what we did this yr so that Linda could make it ;0)

Got toes painted - but keep smugging them - save some $$ so just need to get nails done - will get a pedi before vacation - but in the winter time I do my own feet ;0) - I can reach them now.

You need to get a coin jar - every 5 dollar bill you have goes into it at the end of the day ;0) and all your change - that's your vacation jar.

Good luck on the school work - you are a better person than me ;0) don't think at this age I would take it on ;0)

Well ladies, I just splurged. Took DD#5 back to her appartment in town and stopped at the mall, got 3 new bras, 5 pair of undies, 2 pairs of pants and one pair of shoes. I tried to buy2 pairs of shoes, I found this perfect brown pair, with just enough of a heel and OH so comfortable. Told the clerk they were a definite so she took them to put on the counter. Went to pay for them and they disappeared. Naturally they didn't have another pair in my size. I was ticked. They were just what I have been looking for over 6 months. They PROMISED to see if one of their other stores had them and would mail them to me, but I don't believe if. So bummed.

Anyway, it is now 2:30 and am just sitting down to work on the paper. So it will be a long night.

Janet, I have been putting my last few nursery checks into the savings, and the $5 jar wouldn't work for me because I don't ever use cash, just my debit card. But every check that I get for going to class, I am putting into the pot. Payday I am also going to start putting some from my school pay check in. Once I have enough put away for a new fridge and washing machine, then I can start playing. Umm today didn't count, that was retail therapy!

Well better get at it,

love you all, k

Karla, Of course we will work around your schedule ;0) that's what we did this yr so that Linda could make it ;0)

Got toes painted - but keep smugging them - save some $$ so just need to get nails done - will get a pedi before vacation - but in the winter time I do my own feet ;0) - I can reach them now.

You need to get a coin jar - every 5 dollar bill you have goes into it at the end of the day ;0) and all your change - that's your vacation jar.

Good luck on the school work - you are a better person than me ;0) don't think at this age I would take it on ;0)

15_8_12.gif

I use those toe separators and I still smudge them.. 2nd toe insists on crossing over on top of my big toe. Can't control it. Told the last gal that did my pedi before LV, and she ended up doing my big toes about 3X each! She was so patient. Sat on the floor to redo them last time. I tipped her well!

Earl usually saves coins... especially when we're at home. These days you have to be creative about how to cash them in. Banks want to charge you for taking coins sometimes... like 10%!! Especially if you put them in one of those machines.

12_8_5.gif

Well ladies, I just splurged. Took DD#5 back to her apartment in town and stopped at the mall, got 3 new bras, 5 pair of undies, 2 pairs of pants and one pair of shoes. I tried to buy2 pairs of shoes, I found this perfect brown pair, with just enough of a heel and OH so comfortable. Told the clerk they were a definite so she took them to put on the counter. Went to pay for them and they disappeared. Naturally they didn't have another pair in my size. I was ticked. They were just what I have been looking for over 6 months. They PROMISED to see if one of their other stores had them and would mail them to me, but I don't believe if. So bummed.

12_3_128.gif

Anyway, it is now 2:30 and am just sitting down to work on the paper. So it will be a long night.

Janet, I have been putting my last few nursery checks into the savings, and the $5 jar wouldn't work for me because I don't ever use cash, just my debit card. But every check that I get for going to class, I am putting into the pot. Payday I am also going to start putting some from my school pay check in. Once I have enough put away for a new fridge and washing machine, then I can start playing. Umm today didn't count, that was retail therapy! Well better get at it, love you all, k

So sorry about those shoes!! Hope they find you another pair. That must have been frustrating. So someone else grabbed them and bought them???

Think you should try to find a way to make that trip to NY!!

12_3_5.gif

I want a new refrigerator, too. The one that was in the condo when we bought it makes awful noises... sounds like coffee perking!! But it won't quit! And you know Earl!! I want one of those French door types... and we only have a 30" space, but my neighbor found one, I think at Sears, that would fit in that space. Maybe next summer!