Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Hey, that's great news about your Vacation Time being approved!! WQHoo-hoo!!!!

I received my PB2 today by fedex.... I tried it already in Choc Pudding... made the reg recipe but added 2 tbspns of PB2.... yummy only added 30 cals per pudding... so with cool whip 100 cals...!!!

Havn't tried the chocolate PB style yet... Going to be a bit high on cals. today...no junk food, but had Fried Scallops at lunch 600 cals... yikes!! Didn't eat the French Fries though so that was good.

WTG CANDICE - NO FRENCH FRIES... I use the choc pb2 in shakes.. it's good - then i mixed it by accident at work for celery - it's good that way too..

Janet, sorry on the GD, every once in a while they do need a swift kick! How's your sister doing?

One night of parent conferences down and one more to go. Then a 3 day weekend!!!!

Phyl, I bet the bracellet is gorgeous, all of your other stuff is fabulous. Good job not caving to the instructor, you knew what you wanted and that is what makes the difference. You are an artist!!! I'll have to go to FB and check it out.

Miss Molly woke me up a 1/2 hour before the alarm. No sense going back to bed! I really hate when she does that, but her bladder hasn't caught up with the time change.

You all have a great day!!

Karla - our dogs are on the same time schedule - all week mine seem to wake me at 4:30 - but I guess since dogs don't tell time - it's really 5:30 ;0)..

Sis is ok - i guess when I call I keep getting recorder - need to try again tonite or maybe from work this afternoon..

GD is a little b - I don't know how you raise 5 DD - I like boys better - Andrew can be super mouthy too - but it's just diff - don't ask me why..

He sent pic's to his Dad last night of his apt - I guess Joseph told him Kaitlin is grounded - so Andrew asked me what's up - told him she's just nasty - trash in her bath room that I cleaned up and left for her to take to trash - still sitting on the floor..

Wish me lucky on this family vacation - I forget that being together for more than a couple of days is trying on my nerves. ;0)..

Don't know what I was thinking.. ;0)

WTG CANDICE - NO FRENCH FRIES... I use the choc PB2 in shakes.. it's good - then i mixed it by accident at work for celery - it's good that way too..

Karla - our dogs are on the same time schedule - all week mine seem to wake me at 4:30 - but I guess since dogs don't tell time - it's really 5:30 ;0)..

Sis is ok - i guess when I call I keep getting recorder - need to try again tonite or maybe from work this afternoon..

GD is a little b - I don't know how you raise 5 DD - I like boys better - Andrew can be super mouthy too - but it's just diff - don't ask me why..

He sent pic's to his Dad last night of his apt - I guess Joseph told him Kaitlin is grounded - so Andrew asked me what's up - told him she's just nasty - trash in her bath room that I cleaned up and left for her to take to trash - still sitting on the floor..

Wish me lucky on this family vacation - I forget that being together for more than a couple of days is trying on my nerves. ;0)..

Don't know what I was thinking.. ;0)

Well yesterday's cals were not what they should have been... but here they are non the less...

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,555/159/5689

Blaming it on eating out for lunch. Scallops, even though fried (no FF) still added up to 600 cals. OMGosh... won't do that again!!!

So today, I am keeping it around 1000. Going to see my Mom, SIS and BIL .. before Sis and BIL leave for Mexico for 6mos... I hate it when they are gone so long, I miss her... Even thought after 2-3 days of visiting with her... I wanna kill her too.

Janet; I think when it comes to family you just ahave to apply the FISH rule.. After 2 days, FISH and FAMILY both STINK!! LOL

Karla, oh those furries I'd hate getting up that early... hugs!

Phyl; what are you planning today? Linda?

TOPS this morning, then Water aerobics, then to spine dr for follow up on MRI. Don't want to go to TOPS. Wii board says I'm up 3.5 lb!! WHAT????? No way!! But that's what it said. Damn med change hasn't helped, and fighting depression, but.... there's no way!

Supposed to go to Vets Day parade in Palm Springs with Red Hats, but I won't be done at dr's in time to do that.

15_9_15.gif

post-220150-13813139687282_thumb.jpg

Phyl - Up early ;0) was shocked to see 7:33 a.m. post from you - 3.5 it's all salt - Water retention .. Don't sweat it..

But I know it's still hard to see the #'s going up..

Busy Day... Let us know what the doc says..

Well need to get busy - only have to work 1/2 day today - they are letting us off early for Vet Day - Got my red white & blue on ;0)

Thanks to all the men & women of are in the armed services and protect the great USA !!!

Phyl - Up early ;0) was shocked to see 7:33 a.m. post from you - 3.5 it's all salt - Water retention .. Don't sweat it..

But I know it's still hard to see the #'s going up..

Busy Day... Let us know what the doc says..

Well need to get busy - only have to work 1/2 day today - they are letting us off early for Vet Day - Got my red white & blue on ;0)

Thanks to all the men & women of are in the armed services and protect the great USA !!!

Peter and I went to our Remembrance Day parade and ceremony today.. It was great to see such a large turnout (weather was cooperating, sunny and warm) There were still many Vets (80-90`s) Marching it was wonderful..

Federal Employees get the whole day off but not everyone... We all wore our POPPIES and then had lunch with my Mom at her Sr`s residance.. My SIS bought lunch for us all... nice visit , but sad too... as they are now off to Mexico for the winter.. Rio Verde is the name of their town, 3 hour drive from San Luis Potosi.. «central Mexico. So hopefully away from the banditos!!!:angry: but I worry just the same.

Thanks to all the men & women of the armed services and protect all of North America !!! :)

TOPS this morning, then Water aerobics, then to spine dr for follow up on MRI. Don't want to go to TOPS. Wii board says I'm up 3.5 lb!! WHAT????? No way!! But that's what it said. Damn med change hasn't helped, and fighting depression, but.... there's no way!

Supposed to go to Vets Day parade in Palm Springs with Red Hats, but I won't be done at dr's in time to do that.

15_9_15.gif

Good luck with the Spine doctor... hopefully he`ll have a suggestion for your pain

Good Afternoon...

Phyl forgot to tell you beautiful bracelet...

Candice you will see my Poppy in my car ;0)

We got off at noon - I worked till 1ish - then I talked to my gf at work for about and hour and half then went to target - home and wait til 5 to go to the gym..

Phyl - how did the visit go..

Candice - glad you had a nice family time.. Sis will be fine in Mx - they normally go after other bad guys..

But prayers that they stay safe ..

Thanks Janet, ya i`ll be praying for them too.

food today, Peter took me out for dinner for our Anniversary

ALORIES«CARBS«FAT«PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,194«111«42«76

and that`s including a glass of Merlot!!! hic!

Felt badly for leaving Bridget alone so much today so I bought her some smoked Pig`s knuckles... she loves those and the last for weeks around the house!!!:)

Peter and I went to our Remembrance Day parade and ceremony today.. It was great to see such a large turnout (weather was cooperating, sunny and warm) There were still many Vets (80-90`s) Marching it was wonderful..

Federal Employees get the whole day off but not everyone... We all wore our POPPIES and then had lunch with my Mom at her Sr`s residance.. My SIS bought lunch for us all... nice visit , but sad too... as they are now off to Mexico for the winter.. Rio Verde is the name of their town, 3 hour drive from San Luis Potosi.. «central Mexico. So hopefully away from the banditos!!!:angry: but I worry just the same.

Thanks to all the men & women of the armed services and protect all of North America !!! :)

My Poppy is right over my head in the RV. I should have thought to wear it today. I saw one of the Canadians wearing one today or yesterday.

Neighbors across the street, behind us and next to us.. 3 couples, went to Puerto Penasco this week. Earl looked it up on the internet and it said that was one of the prime kidnap areas for the drug cartels! WHY?? My feelings were kind of hurt because we didn't get invited, but Earl would've said "NO" anyways. He's really paranoid about going to MX, but I think he's okay about going to Algodones. In fact, I think he wants me to have some dental work done there this winter. Dentist here screwed up two teeth really bad and now insurance won't pay to work on those teeth until it's been 5 years... 2014!! One is a crown he didn't "install" correctly so it's not properly sealed. The other is an inlay he did when he should have done a crown. So my dentist in WA says they both need new crowns! If insurance doesn't help pay, it will cost big bucks. So will probably get them done in Algodones.

Phyl forgot to tell you beautiful bracelet...

Candice you will see my Poppy in my car ;0)

We got off at noon - I worked till 1ish - then I talked to my gf at work for about and hour and half then went to target - home and wait til 5 to go to the gym..

Phyl - how did the visit go..

Candice - glad you had a nice family time.. Sis will be fine in Mx - they normally go after other bad guys.. But prayers that they stay safe ..

Thanks... I was pleased with how those colors look together. I really like it. Haven't made the matching earrings yet. NO time yet! You gals tell me your wrist sizes. If I ever get caught up on my unfinished projects!!! LOL!! Definitely need to make one for Jacki before we go to Three Rivers. Today was her 9th chemo treatment in SF. About a 4 hr drive for them... each way! Three more and she gets a break. Then radiation EVERY DAY for 6 weeks except for weekends. UGH! She's lost all her hair now. She is a trooper. Chemo today.. 3 mile walk/run in L.A. on Sunday for Ovarian Cancer!!

Spine doc was not real encouraging! Neck area... moderate degenerative disk disease... normal wear and tear for my age w/no nerve impingement. Lower back... scoliosis, severe degenerative disk in three lumbar disks, moderate at other levels, nerve impingement, etc. He said I was "lucky" I only had pain on one side!! Sweet!

He could do surgery, but didn't recommend it because it would be a 12 hr surgery and they'd have to put in several screws! And my spine would still be "unstable"! No thanks! So.. options are NSAIDS: either topical or oral.. I opted for topical so I have a gel to apply twice a day to where it hurts. And... nerve block. So he is referring me to the pain clinic for that. He explained the MRI in great detail and showed me all the pictures. In fact, he gave them to me to take to the pain doc. Very interesting. I can see where the narrowing is, which is causing pressure on the nerves and responsible for the pain in my left butt and down my left leg. Was tingling a lot the past two days, and difficult to stand or walk for more than a few minutes. Day to day thing... walked for probably 3 hrs on Monday, huh Janet?!

Did you see my Red Hat doll pictures on FB??? We had an "incident" this morning while I was brushing my teeth and my Red Hat doll now is missing half of her purple boa - see photo below. I fear some of it will be discovered tomorrow when Zoey poops! She was in big trouble. There was a purple feather explosion all over my living room! And the doll had been dragged down to the floor. I missed a chance to take pictures of the guilty party with purple feather dangling from her mouth! She was trying to eat more as fast as I could pick them up. And she tried to look so innocent.. but not convincing with those feathers hanging from her chin!

post-220150-13813139687579_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139688029_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139688475_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139688745_thumb.jpg

Edited by phyllser

My Poppy is right over my head in the RV. I should have thought to wear it today. I saw one of the Canadaians wearing one today or yesterday.

Neighbors across the street, behind us and next to us.. 3 couples, went to Puerto Penasco this week. Earl looked it up on the internet and it said that was one of the prime kidnap areas for the drug cartels! WHY?? My feelings were kind of hurt because we didn't get invited, but Earl would've said "NO" anyways. He's really paranoid about going to MX, but I think he's okay about going to Algodones. In fact, I think he wants me to have some dental work done there this winter. Dentist here screwed up two teeth really bad and now insurance won't pay to work on those teeth until it's been 5 years... 2014!! One is a crown he didn't "install" correctly so it's not properly sealed. The other is an inlay he did when he should have done a crown. So my dentist in WA says they both need new crowns! If insurance doesn't help pay, it will cost big bucks. So will probably get the done in Algodones.

Thanks... I was pleased with how those colors look together. I really like it. Haven't made the matching earrings yet. NO time yet! You gals tell me your wrist sizes. If I ever get caught up on my unfinished projects!!! LOL!!

Spine doc was not real encouraging! Neck area... moderate degenerative disk disease... normal wear and tear for my age w/no nerve impingement. Lower back... scoliosis, severe degenerative disk in three lumbar disks, moderate at other levels, nerve impingement, etc. He said I was "lucky" I only had pain on one side!! He could do surgery, but didn't recommend it because it would be a 12 hr surgery and they'd have to put in several screws! And my spine would still be "unstable"! No thanks! So.. options are NSAIDS: either topical or oral.. I opted for topical so I have a gel to apply twice a day to where it hurts. And... nerve block. So he is referring me to the pain clinic for that. He explained the MRI in great detail and showed me all the pictures. In fact, he gave them to me to take to the pain doc.

Did you see my Red Hat doll pictures on FB??? We had an "incident" this morning while I was brushing my teeth and my Red Hat doll now is missing half or her purple boa. I fear some of it will be discovered tomorrow when Zoey poops! She was in big trouble. There was a purple feather explosion all over my living room! And the doll had been dragged down to the floor. I missed a chance to take pictures of the guilty party with purple feather dangling from her mouth!

Phyl, my wrist size is 6 1/4 inches

OMGosh Phyl, I can just SEE Zoey with the BOA hanging out of her mouth!!! FUNNY YES, but apart from the colourful poops, also see that she dosn`t ``FEEL SICK`` to her stomach... sometimes that stuff gets STUCK in the dogs gut. So if there is any vomiting or Un-productive pooping take her to the VET immediately...o.k.?? Im just a nervous nelly I know :-(

Edited by peaches9

Phyl, my wrist size is 6 1/4 inches

OMGosh Phyl, I can just SEE Zoey with the BOA hanging out of her mouth!!! FUNNY YES, but apart from the colourful poops, also see that she dosn`t ``FEEL SICK`` to her stomach... sometimes that stuff gets STUCK in the dogs gut. So if there is any vomiting or Un-productive pooping take her to the VET immediately...o.k.?? Im just a nervous nelly I know :-(

I don't think she actually swallowed any... cuz there were several wet, gooey feathers on the floor. Think she was chewing on them and spitting them out! I hope! But will watch her!

I'm home!!! Parent conferences done and a three day weekend!!! I just can't wait. I'm tired. Didn't even really have a meal today except for Breakfast. The rest was a bite here or there. Have a lousy headache.

Phyl, the Bracelet is just beautiful. I wish I had the eye you do for color. Just gorgeous!!! I know that med withdrawl is hard. Even the pain issue is frustrating. Chronic conditions are the worse. You don't have control, people don't understand. So know that we are here for you. Try everything, also check into biofeedback, maybe even meditation. There are a lot of things that you can try for control. Ultimately that is what it is all about. YOU being in control. Do the research, hang in there. Know that we love you!!!

Janet, I know that I couldn't handle a long vacation with a couple of my daughters. Hell, I go nut with anything over 3 days with my mom!! I'm sure she feels that way as well.

Candice, you are doing fabulously!!!! So you had a few to many calories. today you are back on track!! I'm proud of you!!

Thanks guys for being there! I know that only through you I have been able to keep on track!!

Good Morning Gang...

Read last nite when I came to turn the computer off - but needed to get to bed..

Ended up eating popcorn & greek yogurt (w/cream cheese) for dinner - that's all I wanted ;0) - so that's what I ate..

Phyl - I would say we walked for about 3 hrs - you did really well - that was the most that you had walked at the outlets since we have been going - I thought you did VERY well ;0)..

What will the pain doc do - Hugs about the back issues - its sure a bitch getting old isn't it - we have all this stuff we want to do - and our stupid bodies are deteriorating

My wrist is 7 I think - that's the size bracelets I order ;0) and they are lose - but that's how I like to wear them..

Karla - You are to sweet - We love you .. Yep extended time w/family - Talked to Joseph last night - Kaitlin cleaned up did homework -but he says Melissa is mad at everyone - when she got home the other night she didn't talk to Kaitlin at all.. Didn't deal w/the situation - I think she's depressed - She acted that way when I was up there- she'a always been on the grouchy side (negative) I know that my DS isn't the easiest person to live with - the problem is they are all lazy imho - Joseph says he's staying in Mexico when we go ;0) - he's not coming back lol..

I think her weight (close to 280ish) is dragging her down - then the out of control family - she was on antidepressants a while ago - don't know if she still is.. Well that's their life - I can't do a darn thing about it - but am telling you - I will be on the beach ignoring them if they are too depressing..

Candice - Proud of you for sticking to it !!!

Good Morning. Busy day today.... I think.... Scheduled to work in Activities noon-2pm. Then choir practice 2:30-4pm. Don't know how this morning will go. Water is being shut off on our side from 9:30-11:30 a.m. which will screw up our showers after water aerobics.

Used the NSAID ointment before I went to bed last night. But my pain is not usually at night, so that was probably a dumb time to use it. I can't see using it in the morning because then I'm going in the pool! Maybe after the pool is the best time. I can use it twice a day. Have to wait for pain clinic to call and set up appointment for epidural injection. I think I told you I declined PT. It would be a nuisance having to drive to Palm Desert or somewhere for that a few times a week. I think water aerobics is sufficient.

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend??

I have Red Hats tomorrow afternoon. But that's probably up in the air because I had a call yesterday that the "Queen" is sick and so she didn't go to the Vets Day parade yesterday. And the "Vice-Queen" is taking a leave of absence, so don't know who will run the meeting if she's still sick. She sounded awful on the answering machine!

We had fierce winds yesterday!! So glad to see it's calm today but the weatherman on L.A. tv station last night said the winds are coming back... today I think.

Morning ladies, slow start today. Slept in until 9 am!! Forgot the cable guy (isn't that a movie?) was coming this morning. So making coffee in my pj's (which is not a pretty look, cpap hair, cpap mask face, lobster pj's with sweatshirt) and I get a knock on the door. They were suppose to call first! But now my cable is reconnected after cutting it to put the door in. So my bedroom is all set for post surgery recovery.

Today, working on the quilt room!!! Then making dinner for my coworkers family that is dealing with the blood clot in her leg. Then DD#2 & significant, & furry are coming up for the 'Griz' game (UM football). But 3 whole days to do what I want. Some homework, but nothing that can't wait until next week!!!

Well, coffee cup is empty, so it is latte time. Check in later!!! Have a WONDERFUL day!! Oh by the way, it is sleeting, bleck!