Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

chicken enchilada casserole light version.

Cook 3 chicken breasts, cubed (I sometimes use left over chicken or even Costco's chicken in a can)

1/2 chopped onion

2 cans FF/Healthy Choice cream of chicken Soup

5 oz FF evaporated milk

1 can diced green chilies

Stir all together

Cut up 12 corn tortillas (sometimes I just use 10) into 1/2 inch squares

8 oz. Sharp cheddar cheese

Layer 1/3 of tortillas, chicken mixture, cheese (repeat 3 times ending with cheese

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes until hot, bubbly, & brown.

Delish. You can freeze it also. I typically just make 2 individual casseroles, bake one and refrig the other for 1 to 2 days for a later dinner. When I make 2 individual casseroles I use 1 can of costco chicken and part of 1 can of cream of chicken, and 2 tortillas. The bake it for about 30 minutes.

Got a good portion of the quilt room put away and then hemmed 3 pairs of pants. I haven't sewn in a year, it felt marvalous!! Crochet's DD#2 a cute beanie hat with a shell stitch and embroidered and wool flower on one side. She took it so I don't have a picture, but it turned out pretty darn cute if I may say so myself. I am making her another for Christmas. Hand work is one thing I will be able to do while recovering. I have determined I have no reason to even walk into a quilt store. I have fabric for almost 12 quilts packaged and ready to go. So I am putting myself on probation. No quilt shopping until most of those projects are done!!!

Janet, make sure you are drinking a lot of Water, joints need moisture. I didn't realize how out of shape I got since school started, I was achy today after unpacking, that is pretty sad!!

Candice, Bridget will come around, just keep working on it!!!

Well it is latte time!!! Nine more days of school before I get a month off!!!!

Hey Gang

You know what Karla - I bet it is lack of Water - I haven't been too good lately about my water.. Got some capisain cream - don't put it on the back of your knees - and make sure you wash your hands VERY VERY VERY GOOD before going potty and wiping ;0) - it was a little warm down there ;0) tmi

Phyl - I went to Desert Ortho - last yr about my knee - they did an mri and never called me.. I got some drinkable gulosmosnae (sp) I will see if that helps.

Candice - I'm tight too - had 2 eggs this a.m. pre-gym - then came home went to target & marshalls (didn't buy any clothes) came home and had popcorn and it's sitting there..

I was going to have green salad w/chicken & avocado - but it will be a while - I think it's lack of water in my case - I think that I was tight before when I wasn't drinking enough ..

Phyl Your freind Jackie - is super woman - how old is she - hell - I'm worn out reading about what she's done/doing..

Karla - I'm not packed but getting an idea of what I am taking - yesterday it was like 84 (humid) lows 70's in playa del carmen- so that's pretty much summer weather - The hard part is knowing what to take - $25 for a ck bag (x2) cking one bag and taking one carry on in case the bag get's delayed

Phyl I like El Pollo chicken - bought their seasoning - it just doesn't come out the same when you make it yourself - hell $4.99 for a costco ck that's BIG - You can't make it at home for that...

I have a rotisserie - and it makes a good chicken - but then I have to clean up the mess..

Candice - I am physically full - but want to eat - proof it's all in our heads - a low calorie day isn't going to kill us ;0)..

You are doing very very well - Keep it up !!!

Well, work tomorrow - going to be crazy - 14 days till vacation !!!

Phyl - I went to Desert Ortho - last yr about my knee - they did an mri and never called me.. I got some drinkable gulosmosnae (sp) I will see if that helps.

Phyl Your freind Jackie - is super woman - how old is she - hell - I'm worn out reading about what she's done/doing..

Phyl I like El Pollo chicken - bought their seasoning - it just doesn't come out the same when you make it yourself - hell $4.99 for a costco ck that's BIG - You can't make it at home for that... I have a rotisserie - and it makes a good chicken - but then I have to clean up the mess..

WHY didn't you call to get the results of the MRI??? Weren't you supposed to make an appt for a follow up after the MRI?? Very strange!

Jacki will be 62 in Feb. She's pretty amazing. She finished the walk with sore feet. Chemo is causing some pain in her feet from peripheral neuropathy.

We get the rotisserie chickens at Costco and Walmart, too. And when we're at home, I get them at Albertson's every now and then. I like the way they season theirs. Today I made white chicken chili with the last of a Costco chicken we got last week. Had to fight Earl to stay out of the kitchen. After two glasses of wine he was being very silly and deliberately trying to piss me off by threatening to add things to the crock pot. He thought he was being cute but it was just obnoxious. The chili turned out really good in spite of him!! I will have to try Pollo Chicken some time. You've mentioned it before.

Luggage nightmare report: neighbor just got back from hunting trip to SD w/his sons. Got stuck in Mnpls on the flights home because of the blizzard. Two pieces of his luggage were still lost at last report and one suitcase had several pheasant breasts in it!!!

Oh heck Phyl, I surely hope either the luggage with the pheasant is found immediately or lost for good. I imagine they will find it when it begins to smell and they will ship it right away. Hum...cost of replacing 2 pheasant breasts...priceless when gone bad!!!

Janet, I know now that school is on I don't drink enough Water. This weekend I finally filled a glass and left it on the counter. I forced myself to drink everytime I walked by, that helped. But I sure can tell I'm not hydrated enough. During the summer, no problem, but winter...a different story.

I use to love rotissary chicken, but chicken now a days is my nemasis. I just can't eat it unless smothered in some type of sauce to keep it from sticking. So I just don't eat it.

Brain is slow to wake up this morning. I sure did enjoy my 3 days off, but back to the grind. I have a paper due on Sunday, so will be posting quick until it is done. I like to have it done by Wednesday. so keep your fingers crossed. Ah my kingdom for sleeping in until 8:00.

Love you all, check in later! TTFN

Good Morning Gang....

Phyl - I get busy at work - and forget ;0)- figured if there was something wrong - where they needed to cut on me - then they would call - that's why I don't like going to pple who have surgeon on their names - they just want to cut ;0)..

Jackie is amazing!!! Earl got tippisy on 2 glasses of wine - must have been bigger than your 4 oz glasses.

Today suppose to be another warm day.....

Karla - the rotisserie chicken I can do- they are very moist - I agree about winter and Water - my mission today is to drink ;0)..

Well some hotel in Playa del Carmen exploded due to swamp gas - that God it wasn't mine ;0) but there are some dead pple - Canadian's and couple American's hurt..

Well need to go figure out what to wear today... Need to hit the shower..

cbl

Oh heck Phyl, I surely hope either the luggage with the pheasant is found immediately or lost for good. I imagine they will find it when it begins to smell and they will ship it right away. Hum...cost of replacing 2 pheasant breasts...priceless when gone bad!!!

Janet, I know now that school is on I don't drink enough Water. This weekend I finally filled a glass and left it on the counter. I forced myself to drink everytime I walked by, that helped. But I sure can tell I'm not hydrated enough. During the summer, no problem, but winter...a different story.

I use to love rotissary chicken, but chicken now a days is my nemasis. I just can't eat it unless smothered in some type of sauce to keep it from sticking. So I just don't eat it.

Brain is slow to wake up this morning. I sure did enjoy my 3 days off, but back to the grind. I have a paper due on Sunday, so will be posting quick until it is done. I like to have it done by Wednesday. so keep your fingers crossed. Ah my kingdom for sleeping in until 8:00. Love you all, check in later! TTFN

Yeah, that pheasant is history by now because it was over the weekend that he flew back! The whole reason he and his sons were in SD was to hunt pheasant. Most of what he brought back was in his carry on.

Sometimes chicken bothers me. But not lately. I cut it up in very small bite size pieces for the chili.

I keep my jug of crystal lite next to me ALL the time. Take it to the pool, even take it to church. It's 16 oz and I empty it AT least twice a day, usually more.

Good luck with the paper!

Phyl - I get busy at work - and forget ;0)- figured if there was something wrong - where they needed to cut on me - then they would call - that's why I don't like going to pple who have surgeon on their names - they just want to cut ;0)..

Jackie is amazing!!! Earl got tippisy on 2 glasses of wine - must have been bigger than your 4 oz glasses.

Karla - the rotisserie chicken I can do- they are very moist - I agree about winter and water - my mission today is to drink ;0)..

Well some hotel in Playa del Carmen exploded due to swamp gas - that God it wasn't mine ;0) but there are some dead pple - Canadian's and couple American's hurt..

Well need to go figure out what to wear today... Need to hit the shower..cbl

My ortho is a surgeon and he is very conservative when it comes to doing surgery. So, don't assume they're going to cut just because they're surgeons. Same with my new spine doctor. He is a neurosurgeon.

Uh... about Earl and his wine. He opened a new bottle of white zinfandel yesterday. He poured us each a glass... yes, it was our usual little glasses. But, I got involved in whatever I was doing and was just taking a sip every now and then. And I was watching football. So by the time my glass was empty, he was in the back taking a nap. So... first I put the chili together.. and once it was done and in the crock pot, then I poured a second glass. And when I did ..... there was VERY LITTLE left! So... he definitely had more than 2 glasses... probably 3. And as soon as he heard me opening cans, he was up and in my way and harassing me. He loves to pretend like I don't know what i'm doing in the kitchen and especially if he's had too much wine!

Oh, my! I just got up about 1/2 hr ago and just started watching the Today show so didn't hear anything about that hotel blowing up!!

Not much going on today but the rest of the week is busy.

Hey Gang

You know what Karla - I bet it is lack of Water - I haven't been too good lately about my water.. Got some capisain cream - don't put it on the back of your knees - and make sure you wash your hands VERY VERY VERY GOOD before going potty and wiping ;0) - it was a little warm down there ;0) tmi

Ha,ha,ah... oh so sorry to laugh, but you gave me a Visual!!!

Candice - I'm tight too - had 2 eggs this a.m. pre-gym - then came home went to target & marshalls (didn't buy any clothes) came home and had popcorn and it's sitting there..

I was going to have green salad w/chicken & avocado - but it will be a while - I think it's lack of water in my case - I think that I was tight before when I wasn't drinking enough ..

Karla - I'm not packed but getting an idea of what I am taking - yesterday it was like 84 (humid) lows 70's in playa del carmen- so that's pretty much summer weather - The hard part is knowing what to take - $25 for a ck bag (x2) cking one bag and taking one carry on in case the bag get's delayed

Phyl I like El Pollo chicken - bought their seasoning - it just doesn't come out the same when you make it yourself - hell $4.99 for a costco ck that's BIG - You can't make it at home for that...

I have a rotisserie - and it makes a good chicken - but then I have to clean up the mess..

Candice - I am physically full - but want to eat - proof it's all in our heads - a low calorie day isn't going to kill us ;0)..

You are doing very very well - Keep it up !!!

Well, work tomorrow - going to be crazy - 14 days till vacation !!!

Yup for sure crazy.... you have so much to do!! I watched the Cdn news last night. 5 canadians killed at that resort, many , many more injured... Gosh that is aweful... but kinda like lightning, never strikes TWICE

Janet, I know now that school is on I don't drink enough water. This weekend I finally filled a glass and left it on the counter. I forced myself to drink everytime I walked by, that helped. But I sure can tell I'm not hydrated enough. During the summer, no problem, but winter...a different story.

Brain is slow to wake up this morning. I sure did enjoy my 3 days off, but back to the grind. I have a paper due on Sunday, so will be posting quick until it is done. I like to have it done by Wednesday. so keep your fingers crossed. Ah my kingdom for sleeping in until 8:00.

Love you all, check in later! TTFN

Karla, you are industrious... thinking of things to do while you are off on sick leave, hopefully you`ll get to do some ofyour quilting, I know how much you love it... I need to get back at mine, or Xmas gifts will NOT be done in time...

Good Morning Gang....

Karla - the rotisserie chicken I can do- they are very moist - I agree about winter and water - my mission today is to drink ;0)..

Well need to go figure out what to wear today... Need to hit the shower..

cbl

scale finally moved this a.m.!! I think I`ve been having too much salt... its funny how when yu cut sugar, you tend to go for more salty things.... or.... they put more salt into low sugar things... to make it taste better... either way I am Frigged!!!

But, I`ll take that 1/4 lb gladly!! Its all a step in the right direction.

Those berntein ads are talking to me though... how sick am I?

Had music rehearsal with John & Pete this a.m.... thankfully it went well. Joohn`s been a real Pain in the but lately... If I make a suggestion on how to do a song, or substitute one HE FREEKS, have finally determined that you have to make changes with him via the backdoor, let him THINK that it is HIS idea !!!! Ooh, men... can`t live with em, can`t live without em, and you Arn`t allowed to SHOOT them!!!

Janet; hugs on the knees... I get that too... don`t know quite what to suggest... I come home from gym, and ICE them twice in that day... takes down the inflamation, and then hence the pain... I`ve also resorted to taking Celebrex too when it gets really bad... damn knees - you need them for everything involving MOTION.

Another GEORGIOUS day out there today... don`t know how many more of THOSE I`ll have... so best get out there and WALK while I can still do it in the fresh air.

CBL love you ALL!!!:thumbup:

Janet, is swamp gas a uphanism (yep can't spell) for terrorist attack? Nah, you will be safe, they know where the money comes from and they will make sure that all tourists are safe above anything else. That's why I didn't stress too much about having my surgery in TJ, plus it was the only way I could afford it. And I love the new me!!! Wore a pair of size 12 Columbia Jeans today and felt down right sexy, even wore a semi tight shirt. Which means for me, one that actually fits. I still can't stand to have anything touching the skin, my fat brain says no way.

Well I goofed and missed a class deadline so did grovel and got an extension till tonight, so I'm off to do homework.

Candice I can't wait until my sick leave. Unless I have to have an abdominal, I should get some quilting done. I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well best go, anyone heard from Linda. Phyl, have you got your appointment for your epidural yet?

TTFN

Janet, is swamp gas a euphemism for terrorist attack? Nah, you will be safe, they know where the money comes from and they will make sure that all tourists are safe above anything else. That's why I didn't stress too much about having my surgery in TJ, plus it was the only way I could afford it. And I love the new me!!! Wore a pair of size 12 Columbia Jeans today and felt down right sexy, even wore a semi tight shirt. Which means for me, one that actually fits. I still can't stand to have anything touching the skin, my fat brain says no way.

Well I goofed and missed a class deadline so did grovel and got an extension till tonight, so I'm off to do homework.

Candice I can't wait until my sick leave. Unless I have to have an abdominal, I should get some quilting done. I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Well best go, anyone heard from Linda. Phyl, have you got your appointment for your epidural yet?

TTFN

HEY!! Whassup??? I'm here! Just came inside. Beautiful evening! Took Zoey to the dog park and when I came back Earl had candlelight dinner set up on the patio. He cooked some salmon on the grill ! it was So good!

I DID NOT sit inside on the computer all afternoon. Went next door and was beading with the neighbors all afternoon instead. Made a Bracelet to take to my friend Jacki next week. Supposed to have class tomorrow, but teacher is sick, so may be next door at Wanda's again instead. I still have a bracelet from two weeks ago to finish. So maybe I'll work on that.

Hip was really hurting hen I went to Water aerobics this morning. But I kept on exercising and in about 10 minutes the pain quit and didn't come back until I sat over at Wanda's beading for a couple of hours. Pain clinic finally called and my appt is Dec. 1st. They will probably do a spinal block that day.

did you check out the TEETER hang UPS??

Good evening Gang !!!

Drive by - I'm pooped ;0)

Tons of work - then went to costco after work - got me some stuff (fluffly cozy pjs) got Andrew some salmon & hamburger - splurged and got me some scallops -$31 - but it should make quite a few meals - then stopped at Stater Bros - cuz Andrew said he needed milk - so didn't get home till almost 6 - then Andrew came - fixed him dinner - and he just left - got a call and he has to be at work at 4 a.m. - He looks pooped - this real life - taking care of his dog - feed himself - working - etc is getting to him ;0) he bought a planner book so he can keep track of all his obligations - cleaning my house - his moms - work etc ...

I'm not worried about Mexico and or Terroirst - it was just an accident - I am sorry for the pple hurt and killed - but a hell of a way to go - on vacation... Hope it was the end of the vacation ;0) - when it's your time to go it's your time to go - they had no control over that at all..

Got my new Fanny Flagg book in the mail today - so I have 2 books for vacation - ordered some biodegradable sunblock - that's all you can use in the Carrier - cuz of the corral reefs - so I order 2 bottles - 2 underwater cameras and 2 waterproof wallet thingies..

I drank my joint juice today (got a 6 pack yesterday - and a case at costco today $4 coupon so $16 for $12 - cuz the glusomane (sp) pills are too big to swallow and you have to take 3 a day and the liquid stuff is suppose to absorb better too.. then had 2 cups coffee - pt shake for bf - then more Water - knees feel a little better tonite - still on the tight size- wasn't at lunch but am now - had a couple bite of cheese at costco - couple bites of chicken (skin) and feel a little stuck

Well - gang - going to the couch..

Janet, it is in the air, I got so stuck on Breakfast that I ended up vomiting it. I was doing okay until the teacher that bought my house informed me that they may be sueing the house inspectors and possibly me. I ran across some extra keys and a braker for the power box so dropped it by. Heck the braker cost me $31, I thought I was being nice. But evidently the well pump has a leak and had to have someone come and work on it. If they can prove that it was leaking before the inspection they are going to sue the inspectors, which may lead to suing me. I called my realtor and he said not to stress about it yet, tell that to my Breakfast. We will just have to wait and see. IF it was leaking before the inspection, I didn't know about it, and my realtor said that should protect me. The reality is that they can sue if they want to, I don't have any money. If I have to hire a lawyer, I will counter sue for my lawyer fees. Don't piss me off!

Anyway enough grumbling, back to the paper! see you all tomorrow!

Morning everyone, I sure didn't want to get out of bed, hit the snooze which I rarely do. It rained all night, hopefully it will wait awhile before turning into snow.

Not much to say this morning, you all have a great day!!

Good Morning

Karla - Ya they can't get blood from a turnip.. Don't stress, it's not your fault - I don't think they can sue you they are just talking smack..

Well my angel woke me up at 4 - tried to go back to bed but it wasn't happening and I have boot camp tonite - so I guess a strong cup of coffee around 2 will be in my future..

Last night had scallops 4 with a little garlic oil & can't beleive it's not butter - with the paremean garlic dipping seasoning over a little white rice - VERY VERY GOOD..

Phyl - Earl is a sweetheart isn't he - how nice... I can see why you married him ;0)..

I got my dogs one of those long dog toys - but mine just tear the stuffing out ;0).. Bear has always done that with all his toys - I don't know if he did it or Bella - saw Bella playing with it..

64 right now - knuckle aching a little - old age is the pits..

o.k. this am. I am discouraged... scale went UP a titch to day...

I am sticking to my PLAN... excersising... WTH???

I am not going to fall off the wagon, but man this is slow... drinking my pro shake now for Breaky...

Whats everyone doing today?