Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Good Morning

I love Defenders too - Detroit 187 - Parenthood - Greys - Brothers & Sisters - Bluebloods - the Whole truth - those are just some of my dvr shows ;0)

dinner last night was squash rice popcorn greek yogurt..

I'm pooped too Karla ;0)

Well it's time to get in the shower - cbl

Candice, I guess I keep worrying that I will wake up one day and my band will quit working. I wonder if it will work forever? I know, rather lame.

Oh Karla hun, you are doing GREAT, so Great that you are starting to FEAR being fat again like JANET... and that is a GOOD THING ( as Martha Stewart would say).

I am getting there. slowly but surely... I am in re-committment mode now and am working towards the I AM AFRAID OF BEING FAT AGAIN mode... I`ll get there... its a journey we each have to take... in our own time...

We can only learn lessons when we are TEACHABLE, perhaps I had to mess around for a year to realize I needed to get Serious!!!

This is a LIFE or DEATH disease.... no question about it... I have to KEEP that foremost in my mind... and not let the little challenges wear me down, or demotivate me.

Today, I had a LONG coffee break with a GF who is doing BERNSTIEN starvation DIET,,,, for the second time!

I broke my silence and told her about my LAP band experience...

``Oh but that sounds so drastic!```(boo-hoo, boo-hoo)...

Yup, it was ... but I have NOT regained to my 240ish, HIGH point since banding ... and that is a HUGE acccomplishment...

as you know, I`d be up to 260 or 270 lbs by now if »I had NEVER been banded....

So I am a very happy girl!!

Oh, and I got another Band Booking today!!! For Feb 14th!!!! Cool, cool, cool.

Candice, Valentines, how romantic, it will be fabulous! But Candice, I messed around and wasn't serious for about 6 months also. I know I would weigh at least 280 if not 290 by now. My mother's sister died at 51, my age, weighing over 400 pounds, so the genetics are there. I'm just scared because I have never kept the weight off for this long. And I find myself nibbling every once in awhile. I can get away with it during the summer when I am physically active. But winter for me is hibernation mode. Also I am worried about the month of little or no activity I am facing. Usually when I am home I don't eat much, so I am hoping that will help. So fear of fat is a phase...what comes after that. You all are working on year 4, I guess I ask myself, how long can I do this before I relapse? I know that you all keep me in check, but I see people drop off, Jackie, Steph, Karri, Kari and I wonder...are we going to drop off also? I can't do this alone!

Candice, YOU ARE DOING A FABULOUS JOB!!! The things you had to deal with this month and you are still on track. I say you need to give yourself a treat. Go buy a fabulous, decatant pair of shoes or jewelry. You have earned it!!!!

Good Evening Gang...

Ok I can speak to the fear - I have been maintaining for almost 2.5 yrs now - Like you said I am moving into my 4th yr of being banded and my 3rd yr of maintenance

Dropping off the site doesn't always mean that pple have lost their focus as we have one person who pops in every now and (beth??) the one who moved (karla you won't know her but Candice & Phyl would) and I think for those pple who have been successful and who's light bulb has gone off they have a hard time dealing w/pple who just don't get it.. But I would say the majority drop because they feel like failure once again.

But these pple haven't gotten that this is a lifetime battle - they think it's a quick fix - the get cocky - they go back to eating their normal

It really is about changing our eating and how we look at food and about moving. It's not about dieting or keeping your band so tight that you can't eat..

Will you ever lose the fear - I dont' think so - Idrise has helped a lot in understanding that I do have control - Remember about 6 months ago - he and I got in a big disagreement - about me being a food addict - he says there is no such thing - well this pissed me off and he and I went around and around - I told him if there is a bag of candy or fried chicken in the house I would eat them I have no control

So one day he said Janet are those foods in your house - I said No - He said who does the shopping - I said I do - he said well are you buying those foods that you have no control over - I said No - He said well then Girl you do have control - AH HA MOMENT !!!

We are not physically addicted to food - we are mentally addicted to it - Yes our bodies have a physically reaction to our trigger foods - but it's not like a physical addiction like drugs or alcohol - It's a mental flaw that we have (genetics)..

As adults - we go to work every day cuz we have to

we have responsibilities - do we like going to work - I would say for the most part nope - do you like paying bills - do you like cleaning house - nope. But its all things we have to do.

Well we have to apply that same mentality to being healthy..

So what do you say to an adult who tells you - I don't like exercising

Well just like the rest of our lives 80% of the time we are doing things we don't like to do - but they are the things that we have to do as being responsible adults

So to be healthy - you have to eat clean & exercise - suck it up and be a responsible adult and just do it..

Ya you may not like it all the time - but if you want a better quality to your life - if you want more energy - if you want to extend your years on this earth then - ya gotta do it - just like you gotta go to work every day to put a roof over your head

It's ok to have treats - that's where our thinking is screwed up - we think we can't - that if we eat a giant candy bar one day - or a Reuben sandwich - Omg - we are back to the road of being morbidly obese - no we aren't - that was a treat - it's not something we are going to do every single day - we did it one day - not 365.

This is why I usually eat pretty healthy at home - but when I am gone on our vacations - I have more treats - but again I try and watch it too.. I don't pig out 24/7 for 5 days. and if I come home and have gained a couple of lbs - I know that those lbs will come off with a little extra exercise and with my normal healthy eating..

We all had surgery to help us - and the band does help us - but what we have to do is give ourselves credit for the times that we are eating clean and exercising

When we find ourselves slipping back into old habit - We realize it - hell look at Karla - ate 2 cups of grapes and had a freak out attack - oh tomorrow I am going to wake up weighting 250 lbs - you ate grapes - you didn't down a gallon of ice cream and then a bag of Cookies - That's when you need to freak out - you need to freak out before you eat them - you need to exercise control when you are out shopping and not to let those foods ever get in your house - it you are in a mood - you want to say "f" it - go buy a pint of ice cream and eat the whole damn this - go to the bakery buy 4 cookies and eat them all - if you want a candy bar go buy just 1 giant one - eat it - and then when it's done you say - Ok I did that - I'm done - I had what I wanted now it's back to the real world.

Yep the candy & ice cream still call my name - but when I walk down those isle - I say "F You" I really do this ...

Those things that call my name - they say "I know that you can control it " (that devil talking to us) but I know I can't -- So I will pick it up look at the calories and think Oh I would love to eat you - but I know I won't stop at one - so I am not buying you - I feel to damn good to go back..

I wake up every morning - and when I go to put on a pair of my pants - I am still amazed that they fit..

I have fear - but it's a healthy fear of my mental addiction to food - better yet - I don't have fear - I am have awareness

I am aware that if I eat candy - cookies - ice cream - high fat foods - tons of cheese - and I don't go to the gym - I am aware of what the results will be - I will be 250 lbs ..

I don't want to be 250 - I want to look cute - I want to have a longer life more than I want to eat a 1/2 gallon of ice cream every nite..

I want to have the muslces - to help my body do the things I want to do and to help me as I age - to have stronger bones - to have better balance - I like being able to clean the house without breaking in a sweat - to go shopping for 6 hrs without my feel killing me after 1 hr..

As we all know being morbidly obese limits the quality of our lives

Since all of us are 50+ we know that we have less years in front of us - and if we want to extend those yrs - enjoy the yrs that we have left - we have to lose the weight - we have to get and stay healthy..

And to get those results we have to eat healthy and exercising - is it fun - nope not all the time - but just like life - it's not a bowl of cherries either - we just have to take those lemons and make lemonade w/splenda and we have to pick the lemons - squeeze them - instead of going to the store in our cars and buying it already made and full of sugar

Karla - our addiction never leaves us - it becomes a little easier as time goes by - but it's still always in the back of our minds - When we do have those treats - we have to tell ourselves - it's ok to have a treat - what's not ok is to have the 24/7 365..

We do have control - we truly do and it's ok to lose that control for a second - it will happen in all our lives - but what is the most important thing - is that we are now aware that we have lost the control and say STOP - PULL UP THOSE BOOT STRAPS AND MOVE FORWARD..

So if you want those new shoes - you save for them - you work for them - If you want a nice house - you work for it - you do what it takes to save the $$ for it and then once you get it you have to maintain that house.

Getting healthy is no different - you have to eat healthy - you have to exercise and once the weight is gone - you have to do keep up that work to maintain the new healthy body..

As the saying goes - who said life was easy...

Off the soap box ;0)

Janet, you need to write a book. Everything you said was just what I needed to hear. You are right about the treats...and the pants. Everyday I put on a pair of pants in the morning I hold my breath...will they fit? Yep, every darn day. You are also right about the king sized, hell no the mega king size herseys bar with almonds, I would eat several a week. Every day, every time in the store, we have to remember. We can do this for the rest of life!!! I get sad when I don't see Steph here. She was the first person who said I could do this! But I know I can do this because I refuse to be fat again!!! Thanks dear...I owe you!

Janet, you need to write a book. Everything you said was just what I needed to hear. You are right about the treats...and the pants. Everyday I put on a pair of pants in the morning I hold my breath...will they fit? Yep, every darn day. You are also right about the king sized, hell no the mega king size herseys bar with almonds, I would eat several a week. Every day, every time in the store, we have to remember. We can do this for the rest of life!!! I get sad when I don't see Steph here. She was the first person who said I could do this! But I know I can do this because I refuse to be fat again!!! Thanks dear...I owe you!

Karla - I get alot of this from my conversations with Idrise - can you see why I still am paying for a trainer - he's part trainer & part shrink ;0)

Oh I hear you on the mega size hersey w/almonds one of my fav candies - and I would buy 2 or 3 and eat them all in one nite..

I'm the same way w/my pants especially after I have been wearing summer dresses that are lose..

We are doing it - we will continue to do it.. You don't owe me a darn thing ;0) Love you Janet

now I gotta go feed the dogs ;0) cbl

Candice, Valentines, how romantic, it will be fabulous! But Candice, I messed around and wasn't serious for about 6 months also. I know I would weigh at least 280 if not 290 by now. My mother's sister died at 51, my age, weighing over 400 pounds, so the genetics are there. I'm just scared because I have never kept the weight off for this long. And I find myself nibbling every once in awhile. I can get away with it during the summer when I am physically active. But winter for me is hibernation mode. Also I am worried about the month of little or no activity I am facing. Usually when I am home I don't eat much, so I am hoping that will help. So fear of fat is a phase...what comes after that. You all are working on year 4, I guess I ask myself, how long can I do this before I relapse? I know that you all keep me in check, but I see people drop off, Jackie, Steph, Karri, Kari and I wonder...are we going to drop off also? I can't do this alone!

GIRL, you will NEVER be alone... we are ALL here for you. O.k. a few have dropped off. But the CORE are here for you.. the others are ALWAYS welcome back , here and there, whatever works for them - I love all the girls who started with this thread.... ALL OF THEM... we are sisters of the soul... forever... I would not be where I am, be WHO I am, or be as happy as I am with out all of you.... by ourselves its a lonely voyage... but with COMPANY of you all WE can do ANYTHING!!!!:)

Candice, YOU ARE DOING A FABULOUS JOB!!! The things you had to deal with this month and you are still on track. I say you need to give yourself a treat. Go buy a fabulous, decatant pair of shoes or jewelry. You have earned it!!!!

I bought myself yesterday, a fabulous dozen PEACH (get it?) long stem roses.... they are georgeous!Q!

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,091/88/18/89

FOOD FOR TODAY:

No brownies for ME after dinner... I said NO twice... god it was hard though she offered them twice then LEFT THEM SITTING ON THE TABLE IN FRONT OF ME :)

But I kept looking out the window!

Then we played BOGGLE and my mind was taken off of it... home now drinking my TEA before bed...:thumbup:

CALORIES/CARBS/FAT/PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,091/88/18/89

FOOD FOR TODAY:

No brownies for ME after dinner... I said NO twice... god it was hard though she offered them twice then LEFT THEM SITTING ON THE TABLE IN FRONT OF ME :)

But I kept looking out the window!

Then we played BOGGLE and my mind was taken off of it... home now drinking my TEA before bed...:thumbup:

WTG CANDICE WTG CANDICE WTG CANDICE

:):thumbup::):thumbup::):thumbup::D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You were eating turkey from last thanksgiving???? OMG I think you are only suppose to keep stuff in the freezer for like 6 months.. Ugh...

Yeah! Disgusting. That's why I wouldn't eat it. And he cuts it up and adds mushroom Soup and serves it over mashed potatoes, maybe some vegetables. He brought me a little container of it// 1/2 cup.. to beading lst week and I felt sick the rest of the day!! It's gone now!! I think he threw the rest away!

Weather ;0) Earl and his 97 degrees ;0) too funny... Yep it's been nice - I know you will disagree - but I can't wait till we get 68 degree days - that's when I can wear my winter clothes/boots ;0) -

I can't wait for the cold weather next week - I got the most wonderful soft cozy pj's from costco - OMG they are just too soft and cuddley - can't wait to wear them... But that cold weather won't be good for carpet drying on Tuesday..

Heard that Seattle may have Snow this weekend..

12/1 Kaitlin's Bday - Yep I will be thinking about you - don't know if Andrew will take his little notebook or if the hotel has free wi fi - need to ck that out...

Well need to get busy

Yep... bad weather this weekend both here and in Seattle. Tracy is NOT looking forward to the prospect of snow. I guess they already got it in the mountains today.

I like it just he way it's been this week... PERFECT!!

I don't really like turkey, except for turkey soup or deli turkey. Real turkey I always put way too much salt. Never have liked real turkey sandwiches. So I alway use to eat the leftovers naked with a shaker of salt at my elbow. Not good, so I don't eat it much anymore. I'll cook a baby one for DD#5.

Called and checked that my insurance if my insurance approved my surgery and they have. My maximum out of pocket is $1400 until the end of June. So I may look into whether the insurance would cover a conversion to the sleeve. I doubt they would since the band is working for me, but it is worth looking into. Plus I feel much better knowing that if I lost my band it would only cost me $1400 and all the hoops they would make me do. So we shall see.

Really didn't feel like eating today. Had a light yogurt, 1/3 of an apple, a wedge of laughing cow, a cup of soup. So my calories today are at about 300 or so. I am still not in the mood. Yep, I have bought the egg beaters for baking, so I will try some scrambled, my band doc really nagged me last night about not eating enough Protein.< /p>

Candice, glad you and Bridget got to visit you mom. So they let furries in the assissted living for a visit? I think that is fabulous.

Phyl, let us know about the gyno appointment. Enjoy your visit to your friends. She probably enjoys the excitement, and keeps her mind off the health issues. I always love a 'everyone pitches in' dinner. It is always so much fun to have all the cooks in the kitchen, gabbing away.

Janet, next weekend right? or this weekend for your vacation. Okay, alzheimers is kicking in.

Well need to go do some homework before Criminal minds, check in later!!

I have "Emotional Support" dog tags for Zoey so I take her EVERYWHERE. Very seldom questioned, but when I am, I show the tags and say she's a "service dog"... and they just let me go!! Trader Joe's is the only place they told me I had to leave... but I had her in a grocery cart wihtout her little red bag. Otherwise it would have been fine. Fur can not touch any part of their grocery carts.

Gyn appt... she said I can do the stupid vag cream every other day instead of every day. She told me I need to find someone to make love to me!! LOL!! Wonder if Earl would mind!??? HAHAHA!! He's not all that motivated any more.

Gave me okay to double my anti depressants... SO depressed last 2 weeks!! But did not give me any definitive answer regarding the Evista... which I think I need to keep taking. I have to go back in a month.

Didn`t watch criminal minds but Law and Order SVU... may fav.... now watching the DEFENDERS with Jim Belushi... just LOVE that guy.

Cals today 896... sparkpeople is offline tonight so I added it up manually.

Night, night girls....:thumbup:

Some of my favorite TV shows,too!

Phyl - wasn't it last yr that you saw the typisie janet ;0) at thanksgiving ;0)

Well I'm getting off the computer it's 9 and Andrew still has a load of wash to dry - think I'm closing my door and going to bed..

Mmmmmmmmmmm... yeah!! Tipsy!! Couldn't believe you went to all the trouble to fix that big Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings and didn't eat!! Just drank!! LOL!! Maybe I'll try that tomorrow!!

Janet, tipsie Janet is a hoot!! Do we get a repeat performance this year? You are right, I probably will have some turkey with lots of salt this year. Sometimes I get so wrapped on deprivation that I don't forget that this isn't about deprivation, but moderation for life. Oh yeah, that would be that serving of Carmel corn I had last night instead of dinner. Fixed some soup I had in the freezer and just couldn't get into it. So had caramel corn for dinner. Fortunately the caramel corn no longer exists so tonight I don't have to worry about it. Don't even aske where it came from, let's just say a weak moment and a boyscout got together and the rest is history.

Candice you are doing fabulously!!!! I new svelter (hum is that a word? doesn't matter, I like it) Candice for the new year. Keep doning what you are doing.

Man I could use a nap this morning! Slept well, just tired! Two days and the weekend is here. Then 3 days and a 4 day weekend. I'm not counting the days or anything!!!

Candice, I use to love Law & Order SVU, but not so much anymore. I have watched the Defenders and enjoyed is, Belushi is a great actor. But I was working on my paper, okay, I was KIND OF working on my paper, knitting a dishcloth AND watching Criminal Minds on DVD. Yep, I'm the only person known to man to knit their own dishclothes. I also knit small squares for face cloths, perfect exfoliation and not all big & drippy.

Well best get busy. Need to start getting ready for my sub. I don't have to plan the whole month, just the first week.

Janet, Phyl, Candice, love you all, if you hear from Linda, remind he that we love her and want to hear from her. Maybe over thanksgiving! TTFN

Love you, too!!

Oh Karla hun, you are doing GREAT, so Great that you are starting to FEAR being fat again like JANET... and that is a GOOD THING ( as Martha Stewart would say).

I am getting there. slowly but surely... I am in re-commitment mode now and am working towards the I AM AFRAID OF BEING FAT AGAIN mode... I`ll get there... its a journey we each have to take... in our own time...

We can only learn lessons when we are TEACHABLE, perhaps I had to mess around for a year to realize I needed to get Serious!!!

This is a LIFE or DEATH disease.... no question about it... I have to KEEP that foremost in my mind... and not let the little challenges wear me down, or demotivate me.

Today, I had a LONG coffee break with a GF who is doing BERNSTIEN starvation DIET,,,, for the second time!

I broke my silence and told her about my LAP-BAND® experience...

``Oh but that sounds so drastic!```(boo-hoo, boo-hoo)...

Yup, it was ... but I have NOT regained to my 240ish, HIGH point since banding ... and that is a HUGE accomplishment...

as you know, I`d be up to 260 or 270 lbs by now if »I had NEVER been banded.... So I am a very happy girl!!

Oh, and I got another Band Booking today!!! For Feb 14th!!!! Cool, cool, cool.

Good News on the Valentine's gig!!!

ROCK ON!!

8_8_61.gif

Nope... we're stickin' together!!

Good Evening Gang...

Ok I can speak to the fear - I have been maintaining for almost 2.5 yrs now - Like you said I am moving into my 4th yr of being banded and my 3rd yr of maintenance

Dropping off the site doesn't always mean that pple have lost their focus as we have one person who pops in every now and (beth??) the one who moved (karla you won't know her but Candice & Phyl would) and I think for those pple who have been successful and who's light bulb has gone off they have a hard time dealing w/pple who just don't get it.. But I would say the majority drop because they feel like failure once again.

But these pple haven't gotten that this is a lifetime battle - they think it's a quick fix - the get cocky - they go back to eating their normal

It really is about changing our eating and how we look at food and about moving. It's not about dieting or keeping your band so tight that you can't eat..

Will you ever lose the fear - I dont' think so - Idrise has helped a lot in understanding that I do have control - Remember about 6 months ago - he and I got in a big disagreement - about me being a food addict - he says there is no such thing - well this pissed me off and he and I went around and around - I told him if there is a bag of candy or fried chicken in the house I would eat them I have no control

So one day he said Janet are those foods in your house - I said No - He said who does the shopping - I said I do - he said well are you buying those foods that you have no control over - I said No - He said well then Girl you do have control - AH HA MOMENT !!!

We are not physically addicted to food - we are mentally addicted to it - Yes our bodies have a physically reaction to our trigger foods - but it's not like a physical addiction like drugs or alcohol - It's a mental flaw that we have (genetics)..

As adults - we go to work every day cuz we have to

we have responsibilities - do we like going to work - I would say for the most part nope - do you like paying bills - do you like cleaning house - nope. But its all things we have to do.

Well we have to apply that same mentality to being healthy..

So what do you say to an adult who tells you - I don't like exercising

Well just like the rest of our lives 80% of the time we are doing things we don't like to do - but they are the things that we have to do as being responsible adults

So to be healthy - you have to eat clean & exercise - suck it up and be a responsible adult and just do it..

Ya you may not like it all the time - but if you want a better quality to your life - if you want more energy - if you want to extend your years on this earth then - ya gotta do it - just like you gotta go to work every day to put a roof over your head

It's ok to have treats - that's where our thinking is screwed up - we think we can't - that if we eat a giant candy bar one day - or a Reuben sandwich - Omg - we are back to the road of being morbidly obese - no we aren't - that was a treat - it's not something we are going to do every single day - we did it one day - not 365.

This is why I usually eat pretty healthy at home - but when I am gone on our vacations - I have more treats - but again I try and watch it too.. I don't pig out 24/7 for 5 days. and if I come home and have gained a couple of lbs - I know that those lbs will come off with a little extra exercise and with my normal healthy eating..

We all had surgery to help us - and the band does help us - but what we have to do is give ourselves credit for the times that we are eating clean and exercising

When we find ourselves slipping back into old habit - We realize it - hell look at Karla - ate 2 cups of grapes and had a freak out attack - oh tomorrow I am going to wake up weighting 250 lbs - you ate grapes - you didn't down a gallon of ice cream and then a bag of Cookies - That's when you need to freak out - you need to freak out before you eat them - you need to exercise control when you are out shopping and not to let those foods ever get in your house - it you are in a mood - you want to say "f" it - go buy a pint of ice cream and eat the whole damn this - go to the bakery buy 4 cookies and eat them all - if you want a candy bar go buy just 1 giant one - eat it - and then when it's done you say - Ok I did that - I'm done - I had what I wanted now it's back to the real world.

Yep the candy & ice cream still call my name - but when I walk down those isle - I say "F You" I really do this ...

Those things that call my name - they say "I know that you can control it " (that devil talking to us) but I know I can't -- So I will pick it up look at the calories and think Oh I would love to eat you - but I know I won't stop at one - so I am not buying you - I feel to damn good to go back..

I wake up every morning - and when I go to put on a pair of my pants - I am still amazed that they fit..

I have fear - but it's a healthy fear of my mental addiction to food - better yet - I don't have fear - I am have awareness

I am aware that if I eat candy - cookies - ice cream - high fat foods - tons of cheese - and I don't go to the gym - I am aware of what the results will be - I will be 250 lbs ..

I don't want to be 250 - I want to look cute - I want to have a longer life more than I want to eat a 1/2 gallon of ice cream every nite..

I want to have the muslces - to help my body do the things I want to do and to help me as I age - to have stronger bones - to have better balance - I like being able to clean the house without breaking in a sweat - to go shopping for 6 hrs without my feel killing me after 1 hr..

As we all know being morbidly obese limits the quality of our lives

Since all of us are 50+ we know that we have less years in front of us - and if we want to extend those yrs - enjoy the yrs that we have left - we have to lose the weight - we have to get and stay healthy..

And to get those results we have to eat healthy and exercising - is it fun - nope not all the time - but just like life - it's not a bowl of cherries either - we just have to take those lemons and make lemonade w/splenda and we have to pick the lemons - squeeze them - instead of going to the store in our cars and buying it already made and full of sugar

Karla - our addiction never leaves us - it becomes a little easier as time goes by - but it's still always in the back of our minds - When we do have those treats - we have to tell ourselves - it's ok to have a treat - what's not ok is to have the 24/7 365..

We do have control - we truly do and it's ok to lose that control for a second - it will happen in all our lives - but what is the most important thing - is that we are now aware that we have lost the control and say STOP - PULL UP THOSE BOOT STRAPS AND MOVE FORWARD..

So if you want those new shoes - you save for them - you work for them - If you want a nice house - you work for it - you do what it takes to save the $$ for it and then once you get it you have to maintain that house.

Getting healthy is no different - you have to eat healthy - you have to exercise and once the weight is gone - you have to do keep up that work to maintain the new healthy body..

As the saying goes - who said life was easy...

Off the soap box ;0)

EXCELLENT post!!... Yes, I agree w/Karla... you should write a book. I'll help you!!! I can correct your spelling... and do all the proof reading!!

GIRL, you will NEVER be alone... we are ALL here for you. O.k. a few have dropped off. But the CORE are here for you.. the others are ALWAYS welcome back , here and there, whatever works for them - I love all the girls who started with this thread.... ALL OF THEM... we are sisters of the soul... forever... I would not be where I am, be WHO I am, or be as happy as I am with out all of you.... by ourselves its a lonely voyage... but with COMPANY of you all WE can do ANYTHING!!!!:)
I bought myself yesterday, a fabulous dozen PEACH (get it?) long stem roses.... they are gorgeous!Q!

What a GREAT idea!!!

I think I'll get some for me this weekend!!

12_3_49.gif 12_3_49.gif 12_3_49.gif

Morning, Phyl sound like you had a busy day. It doesn't sound like your gyno is bettin it!!

Man I'm tired this morning. I don't even dare blink, the eyes will stay closed. So tonight I am going to come home and take a nap!!! That is what Fridays are all about!! I just need to make it through the next twelve hours!!!! If I didn't need my sick leave for surgery, I'd be calling in sick. But alas, I can't.

Way cold this morning. No clouds last night to it is bitter. Forcasted to be near zero and I think we made it. Winter, or something close to it is here, bleck!!

Looking forward to the weekend. Need to think about my LAST paper of the semester. But I think I will be able to work in my quilt room. I need to finish organizing and putting away, I'm real close. Then I will sit down and figure out what projects I can realistically do while laid up. I am going to spend Thanksgiving weekend doing any cutting out. I'm sure that I will be able to sew, but the standing and cutting out won't work. I'm missing some patterns, I imagine they are in there some where. I think I have enough patterns to open a smalll quilt store, okay maybe a big quilt store.

Janet, your last weekend to get organized before your vacation!!! Have a blast!

Candice, I'll think of you while I'm playing in my quilt room. I still dream of getting that treadle sewing machine home. Ah only in my dreams. My brother is thinking on getting his wife a new long arm quilting machine, if he does he is going to sell my her sweet 16. Now that would be heaven on earth.

Well best get to it. You all have a grand day!!!

Good Morning Peeps

Phyl - you have had me LOL twice this morning - once on fb and now here - yep I am a terrible proof reader - and I did proof that post - cuz I did change some things - and sometimes I use spell ck - but sometimes it doesn't work when you can't spell the word -

My verbal vocab is pretty good but my spelling sucks - and in 2nd grade I got A's - but that's when you spelled 3 letter words..

Darling what's bugging you - do you have any idea why you are depressed - being depress can be chemical - but it also has to do with whats going on in your life - What's up - are you bored - is this whole think with Jackie weighing on your mind - the death of Max?? I would have never know you were depressed when we went shopping..

Well pray that I make it through work today - by boss is famous for throwing tons of crap at me at the last minute - I told him yesterday give it all to me today (yesterday) so that I would have a calm day today :0)

17 days no work - getting excited about Vacation...

Good Morning Peeps

Phyl - you have had me LOL twice this morning - once on fb and now here - yep I am a terrible proof reader - and I did proof that post - cuz I did change some things - and sometimes I use spell ck - but sometimes it doesn't work when you can't spell the word -

My verbal vocab is pretty good but my spelling sucks - and in 2nd grade I got A's - but that's when you spelled 3 letter words..

Darling what's bugging you - do you have any idea why you are depressed - being depress can be chemical - but it also has to do with whats going on in your life - What's up - are you bored - is this whole think with Jackie weighing on your mind - the death of Max?? I would have never know you were depressed when we went shopping..

Well pray that I make it through work today - by boss is famous for throwing tons of crap at me at the last minute - I told him yesterday give it all to me today (yesterday) so that I would have a calm day today :0)

17 days no work - getting excited about Vacation...

Probably a combination of "events" plus going off that one med.. the Evista, I think.I decided to start taking it again, even though the doc didn't comment when I discussed that Rx with her yesterday. And, it does come and go. And when I'm around other people.. usually better. Although last beading class, this one friend who always seems to know when I'm down..said something about it. I was having a bad day that day. But after I'd been around the beading ladies a while... it kind of lifted.

Hope your last day before vacation is not to stressful!! Keep thinking about tomorrow.... first day of your nice long vacation and Mexico trip!