Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Karla, really? There are some dumb ass folks out there... There is wear and tear on anything mechanical... they did NOT buy a new house... any person with an iota of common sense would see that they DON"T have a case.. Relax... they are just blowing smoke up your ass. AND because they did have a home inspection that takes the responsibility OFF of you.

Our last house sale (Strathroy) had the same kind of issues come up. Drains in the kitchen were plugged (so they said), Central Vac, was not working, oh and there was a little knob on the wood stove that was cracked!!!

Well, the day I moved OUT of the house, I vacummed that sucker to death... so the vac WAS working! I never, ever in the 12 years that I owned that 30 yr old house had PLUMBINB clogs in the kitchen. O.k. the knob on the wood stove MIGHT have been cracked..... So Peter sent them a check for $45 to cover the cost of a new knob...

But our lawyer said we didn't even HAVE To to that... The purchasers had a home inspection too. Oh and those home inspector guys, they carry liability insurance just for BOZO's like your purchasers...

So all I am saying is don't worry your pretty head... you didn't do anything wrong.

Janet; I am worried about your joints... hand knuckles now involved too? Plus the knees? Have you seen your doctor? It could just be a virus too, but better to get it checked out huh? Since I had my chest/throat virus... I am still not back to normal... coughing up gunk and still having to use my Asthma medication!!! Havn't had to for YEARS!!! WTF???

Phyl; Ummm a nice romantic dinner.. how sweet... his way of appologizing for being a cranky-pants lately... enjoy!!! You can put up with a lot when you know there is a SOFTIE side underneath all the bluster.

LINDA! Where are you girl? Have you fallen into the PAPER pile on your DESK???? Have you booked your AIR PLANE yeat???? We love you and MISS you!

I wanted to share this page from SparkPeople.com - What Does 300 Calories Really Look Like?

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1260&SPShared=TRUE

Edited by peaches9
more stuff

Candice

It's called arthritist - that's it - I have it - I got it from my Mom - when it gets cold it acts up.. I got joint juice (drinkable glucosamine w/ chodroitin) - it's just old age setting in - not much anyone can do about it.. It's nothing major (pain isn't bad enough to even take a tylenol - just know it's there- in fact not even hurting now) and I am not a doctor person - I only go when something is bothering me for a long time and won't go away.

My Dad's house in La Costa had one of those built in vaccum systems - pretty cool..

Candice stay off the scales - weigh once a week - same day same time..

Salt - Water weight varies daily - what are your calories and what exercise are you doing - need more than just a walk w/the dog - go to the gym and lift some weights - doesn't have to be heavy weights just do more reps..

Well I see emails coming in - better get back to work

did you check out the TEETER hang UPS??

I did, but pretty pricey and no guarantee it would work for me. Then... we always have to think about... where is it going to be stored, and one review said it weighed 60 lb!! And I'd have to use it outside, so there would be a lot of winter days that I couldn't use it, and I'd feel conspicuous hanging upside down out on my patio!! But, I appreciate you thinking of solutions!! I do have a pain clinic appt now... Dec. 1st, and they will probably do an epidural block/injection, that day.

I was doing okay until the teacher that bought my house informed me that they may be suing the house inspectors and possibly me. I ran across some extra keys and a breaker for the power box so dropped it by. Heck the breaker cost me $31, I thought I was being nice. But evidently the well pump has a leak and had to have someone come and work on it. If they can prove that it was leaking before the inspection they are going to sue the inspectors, which may lead to suing me. I called my realtor and he said not to stress about it yet, tell that to my Breakfast. We will just have to wait and see. IF it was leaking before the inspection, I didn't know about it, and my realtor said that should protect me. The reality is that they can sue if they want to, I don't have any money. If I have to hire a lawyer, I will counter sue for my lawyer fees. Don't piss me off!

Unless they can prove that you knew about it and didn't disclose it, I think they're up a creek without a paddle! I agree... they're blowing smoke! We had people try to put the screws to us twice. First time they just made us hire someone to service the furnace because they didn't think it was working right. There was NOTHING wrong with it. That was our fault for letting them move in w/a rental agreement before closing. Then they started nit-picking! The second threat was when we sold the next house. That time we DID disclose that one of two ovens was not working and they threatened to sue us over that and a dishwasher they insisted was faulty when it was only a few months old! We ignored the threats of lawsuits and nothing ever materialized.

Last night had scallops 4 with a little garlic oil & can't beleive it's not butter - with the paremean garlic dipping seasoning over a little white rice - VERY VERY GOOD..

Phyl - Earl is a sweetheart isn't he - how nice... I can see why you married him ;0)..

I got my dogs one of those long dog toys - but mine just tear the stuffing out ;0).. Bear has always done that with all his toys - I don't know if he did it or Bella - saw Bella playing with it..

64 right now - knuckle aching a little - old age is the pits..

Scallops sound wonderful. Earl hasn't bought any in a long time. I may have to bug him about getting some! I said he fixed salmon last night, but I forgot it was grilled steelhead. Looks just like salmon. I think it was even better than salmon. He fixed spinach and balsmetti rice with it. I know I spelled that wrong! Can't remember how to spell it.

Beading teacher sick today so no beading class. But we did bead on Wanda's porch for a few hours yesterday. I thought we were going to do that again today, but no one is over there so I'm vegging w/my computer and watching TV!

TMI coming: That stuff I told you about that the gyn dr prescribed for me is really making my "lady parts" sore so I am going back to see her on Thursday. I haven't used it since Sunday and it still hurts to sit! That's just not right. It has some testosterone in it and I think that's the problem. And just as I suspected, tender nipples from dropping the Evista. Ointment for my back from the neuro guy doesn't really seem to help. But... I'm coping with all these things!! LOL!

Zoey and I going up to the beauty shop in a little while so Pat can cut my hair.

I did, but pretty pricey and no guarantee it would work for me. Then... we always have to think about... where is it going to be stored, and one review said it weighed 60 lb!! And I'd have to use it outside, so there would be a lot of winter days that I couldn't use it, and I'd feel conspicuous hanging upside down out on my patio!! But, I appreciate you thinking of solutions!! I do have a pain clinic appt now... Dec. 1st, and they will probably do an epidural block/injection, that day.

Unless they can prove that you knew about it and didn't disclose it, I think they're up a creek without a paddle! I agree... they're blowing smoke! We had people try to put the screws to us twice. First time they just made us hire someone to service the furnace because they didn't think it was working right. There was NOTHING wrong with it. That was our fault for letting them move in w/a rental agreement before closing. Then they started nit-picking! The second threat was when we sold the next house. That time we DID disclose that one of two ovens was not working and they threatened to sue us over that and a dishwasher they insisted was faulty when it was only a few months old! We ignored the threats of lawsuits and nothing ever materialized.

Scallops sound wonderful. Earl hasn't bought any in a long time. I may have to bug him about getting some! I said he fixed salmon last night, but I forgot it was grilled steelhead. Looks just like salmon. I think it was even better than salmon. He fixed spinach and balsmetti rice with it. I know I spelled that wrong! Can't remember how to spell it.

Beading teacher sick today so no beading class. But we did bead on Wanda's porch for a few hours yesterday. I thought we were going to do that again today, but no one is over there so I'm vegging w/my computer and watching TV!

TMI coming: That stuff I told you about that the gyn dr prescribed for me is really making my "lady parts" sore so I am going back to see her on Thursday. I haven't used it since Sunday and it still hurts to sit! That's just not right. It has some testosterone in it and I think that's the problem. And just as I suspected, tender nipples from dropping the Evista. Ointment for my back from the neuro guy doesn't really seem to help. But... I'm coping with all these things!! LOL!

Zoey and I going up to the beauty shop in a little while so Pat can cut my hair.

I saw that Steelhead in costco last night I like trout - may have to try it..

Yep I would quit that ointment - like my wiping w/caspin on my hands even after I washed them..

Hell - you don't have to spell correctly all the time - it's close enough we know what you meant ;0)...

Have fun at the beauty shop...

this is a great websit for foods & carbs and you can change the weight to yours to see how much exercise it takes to burn the food

FOODPICKER

IMHO we should eat like we are diabetic - well may not as strick but close - watching the carbs !!!

Have my paper almost done, probably not the best, but I am struggling with a lousy attitude. I'm trying not to think about all that I have to do before the 30th.

Candice, when is your next performance? Is the voice strong?

Phyl, are you and Zoey beautiful?

Janet, if you ever get bored, you can always come and be my personal chef!! I do need to figure out how to get more Protein into my diet after surgery. I am going to try eggs. I still don't really like a lot of solid Protein, but I never did preband. Then I use to eat mainly carbs, now it is mainly fruit and veggies. I'll eat a salad with feta and diced meat any day of the week over meat. But that is mainly because I haven't figured out how to cook it without it being dry and chewing. I do get enough protein in Beans and dark leafy veggies (they have protein don't they?)

Anyway, Janet, hope boot camp didn't take you out.

Chat tomorrow!!

Morning ladies, Happy Wednesday, it's hump day!! So are you all beginning your pre-Thanksgiving preparations. I thought I was going to get away with no preparations, but DD#5 has decided to request a turkey dinner. Not so much for the turkey, but the turkey noodle Soup following Thanksgiving. So it will be simple, turkey, mashed taters, yams, dressing, and pumpkin pie. I will have a small slice with the homemade whip cream and then send the remainder home with her.

What family is coming? Hopefully Linda will emerge from the paper avalanch and be able to check in. Phyl are you guys going out for dinner, or cooking in the motor home. Last year you made a turkey, right? Janet, is Andrew coming over? Candice???

[

Good Morning Gang

Karla - I'm alive - just didn't get to the thread - I think I was off the computer around 8 and now one had posted ;0)

Protein - Well I really don't count it now a days - lately been having pt shake for bf - 20+ then lunch will be salad w/chicken (3 or 4 oz) 21 - dinner fish or what ever another 20 - 7 grms pt per oz of meat was rule of thumb.. Somedays - I may just eat veggies and starch - not often but it does happen..

One pot wonders are great ways to have your meat - sauce is tomatoe sauce not gravy;0)

Beans good source of pt..

Get egg beaters instead of real eggs - good and less calories and add some cheese - just not too much..

Turkey Day - I have no plans what so ever.. Not cooking since I leave the following Saturday - Kid's aren't coming due to that and Andrew doesn't care about turkey - My Uncle is suppose to be going to see my Sister and I don't know about my bro Brad - but I'm not cooking for 3 or 4 pple - not worth it - I may have lobster ;0) and maybe decorate the house - may be doing a 5k for our local Soup kitchen Martha's Village on Thursday Morning.. it's $35 so gotta ck w/my gf Linda - she and I are talking about doing it..

Yep 3 more days til Vaca ;0) busy at work - but think I will be ok - Gym tonite arms...

Morning ladies, Happy Wednesday, it's hump day!! So are you all beginning your pre-Thanksgiving preparations. I thought I was going to get away with no preparations, but DD#5 has decided to request a turkey dinner. Not so much for the turkey, but the turkey noodle Soup following Thanksgiving. So it will be simple, turkey, mashed taters, yams, dressing, and pumpkin pie. I will have a small slice with the homemade whip cream and then send the remainder home with her.

What family is coming? Hopefully Linda will emerge from the paper avalanch and be able to check in. Phyl are you guys going out for dinner, or cooking in the motor home. Last year you made a turkey, right? Janet, is Andrew coming over? Candice???

Well, last year we had friends from OR staying here in their time share condo and they invited us for Thanksgiving with other friends and family. It was sweet because we were there to see them meet their new DIL and baby grandson for the first time. But then we missed the experience of cooking our own turkey so we did that a few days later. And we won't do it again because the leftover turkey was in the freezer... well, I think Earl cooked the last of it last week!!! LOL! I don't like the white meat, and don't tolerate it well. Wouldn't eat it when he cooked it last week. I had some of my leftover fish soup instead!!

8_5_17.gif

But, this year we are driving up to Three Rivers (330 miles) to friends' Jacki & Stan. Several times have asked... are you sure??? because her 10th chemo in SF on Wed. I don't know how she does all that she does! She designed her kitchen so it's easy for several to be working in there at the same time, so she'll have lots of help. We'll drive up on Wed. and home on Sat. or Sunday... Probably Sunday. Jacki will probably be dragging me around to 2nd hand stores Fri or Sat.

Good Morning Gang

Karla - I'm alive - just didn't get to the thread - I think I was off the computer around 8 and now one had posted ;0)

Protein - Well I really don't count it now a days - lately been having pt shake for bf - 20+ then lunch will be salad w/chicken (3 or 4 oz) 21 - Dinner fish or what ever another 20 - 7 grms pt per oz of meat was rule of thumb.. Somedays - I may just eat veggies and starch - not often but it does happen.. One pot wonders are great ways to have your meat - sauce is tomatoe sauce not gravy;0) Beans good source of pt.. Get egg beaters instead of real eggs - good and less calories and add some cheese - just not too much..

Turkey Day - I have no plans what so ever.. Not cooking since I leave the following Saturday - Kid's aren't coming due to that and Andrew doesn't care about turkey - My Uncle is suppose to be going to see my Sister and I don't know about my bro Brad - but I'm not cooking for 3 or 4 pple - not worth it - I may have lobster ;0) and maybe decorate the house - may be doing a 5k for our local soup kitchen Martha's Village on Thursday Morning.. it's $35 so gotta ck w/my gf Linda - she and I are talking about doing it.. Yep 3 more days til Vaca ;0) busy at work - but think I will be ok - Gym tonite arms...

Sounds like you will have a quiet Thanksgiving, but great vacation a few days later.

Hasn't the weather been great this week! I guess it may cool down this weekend, but sure enjoying it now.

Called and made appt w/that gyn dr... going tomorrow. Told them new Rx is making me too uncomfortable.

Don't remember if I told you... appt w/pain clinic Dec. 1st and they will probably do epidural injection that day. Hip bothering me a little this week, but not too bad. Able to do Water aerobics w/o too much discomfort.

You were eating turkey from last thanksgiving???? OMG I think you are only suppose to keep stuff in the freezer for like 6 months.. Ugh...

I have always been a dark meat girl ;0) - but I have had some good white meat... Stuffing Gravey & potatoes are my fav - use to love turkey sandwich the day after - made w/mircale whip (I grew up on it - but don't care for it anymore) but those days are long gone - don't think I could eat a turkey sandwich - well maybe 1/2 with very thin turkey but I like thick turkey ;0) also love the wing and tail ;0)

Weather ;0) Earl and his 97 degrees ;0) too funny... Yep it's been nice - I know you will disagree - but I can't wait till we get 68 degree days - that's when I can wear my winter clothes/boots ;0) -

I can't wait for the cold weather next week - I got the most wonderful soft cozy pj's from costco - OMG they are just too soft and cuddley - can't wait to wear them... But that cold weather won't be good for carpet drying on Tuesday..

Heard that Seattle may have Snow this weekend..

12/1 Kaitlin's Bday - Yep I will be thinking about you - don't know if Andrew will take his little notebook or if the hotel has free wi fi - need to ck that out...

Well need to get busy

Hi girls; been a busy day today. 1st fabric store to see if they had any more of my FABRIC that I cut wrong last night:mad:

they only had half of what I needed, so I drove to Orillia and found 4 fat quarters of it!!! YEAH, I have a horseshoe up my butt!!!""!:):(

Then, Bridget and I stopped in to visit my Mom in Barrie.. nice long visit there. Mom was real tuckered out today... don`t know why?

Just got in the door, and got onto the computer, but gotta go fix supper soon. All this TURKEY TALK, you gals have me HUNGRY!!!

cbl:drool:

I don't really like turkey, except for turkey Soup or deli turkey. Real turkey I always put way too much salt. Never have liked real turkey sandwiches. So I alway use to eat the leftovers naked with a shaker of salt at my elbow. Not good, so I don't eat it much anymore. I'll cook a baby one for DD#5.

Called and checked that my insurance if my insurance approved my surgery and they have. My maximum out of pocket is $1400 until the end of June. So I may look into whether the insurance would cover a conversion to the sleeve. I doubt they would since the band is working for me, but it is worth looking into. Plus I feel much better knowing that if I lost my band it would only cost me $1400 and all the hoops they would make me do. So we shall see.

Really didn't feel like eating today. Had a light yogurt, 1/3 of an apple, a wedge of laughing cow, a cup of soup. So my calories today are at about 300 or so. I am still not in the mood. Yep, I have bought the egg beaters for baking, so I will try some scrambled, my band doc really nagged me last night about not eating enough Protein.< /p>

Candice, glad you and Bridget got to visit you mom. So they let furries in the assissted living for a visit? I think that is fabulous.

Phyl, let us know about the gyno appointment. Enjoy your visit to your friends. She probably enjoys the excitement, and keeps her mind off the health issues. I always love a 'everyone pitches in' dinner. It is always so much fun to have all the cooks in the kitchen, gabbing away.

Janet, next weekend right? or this weekend for your vacation. Okay, alzheimers is kicking in.

Well need to go do some homework before Criminal minds, check in later!!

I don't really like turkey, except for turkey Soup or deli turkey. Real turkey I always put way too much salt. Never have liked real turkey sandwiches. So I alway use to eat the leftovers naked with a shaker of salt at my elbow. Not good, so I don't eat it much anymore. I'll cook a baby one for DD#5.

Called and checked that my insurance if my insurance approved my surgery and they have. My maximum out of pocket is $1400 until the end of June. So I may look into whether the insurance would cover a conversion to the sleeve. I doubt they would since the band is working for me, but it is worth looking into. Plus I feel much better knowing that if I lost my band it would only cost me $1400 and all the hoops they would make me do. So we shall see.

Why would you mess with the band when it is working so well for you?

Really didn't feel like eating today. Had a light yogurt, 1/3 of an apple, a wedge of laughing cow, a cup of soup. So my calories today are at about 300 or so. I am still not in the mood. Yep, I have bought the egg beaters for baking, so I will try some scrambled, my band doc really nagged me last night about not eating enough Protein.< /p>

Candice, glad you and Bridget got to visit you mom. So they let furries in the assissted living for a visit? I think that is fabulous.

Yes, it is nice when B goes to visit Gram... she just loves her... We left her for an hour in Moms room while we went downstairs to get a coffee.< /span>

When we came back upstairs Brig had wound herself and her leash around all kinds of furniture... oh my what a mess!

Phyl, let us know about the gyno appointment. Enjoy your visit to your friends. She probably enjoys the excitement, and keeps her mind off the health issues. I always love a 'everyone pitches in' dinner. It is always so much fun to have all the cooks in the kitchen, gabbing away.

Remember, last year when I had that »Itch» down there? It was from the hormone cream that you put directly on your who-who... it was terrible.

Janet, next weekend right? or this weekend for your vacation. Okay, alzheimers is kicking in.

Well need to go do some homework before Criminal minds, check in later!!

Didn`t watch criminal minds but Law and Order SVU... may fav.... now watching the DEFENDERS with Jim Belushi... just LOVE that guy.

Cals today 896... sparkpeople is offline tonight so I added it up manually.

Night, night girls....:blushing:

Candice, I guess I keep worrying that I will wake up one day and my band will quit working. I wonder if it will work forever? I know, rather lame.

Drive by - Had gym then Andrew came over - Guess what - I'm pooped and really don't feel like company ;0)

Karla - Salt is temporary weight not real weight -not like eating candy - french fries etc - so freaking enjoy once a year.. I'm not particulary hungry either - well really don't know what i want to eat - Had a bite of the chicken I got on monday - but it taste funny- so has my squash and some rice - will have some greek yogurt in a few - had tuna for lunch.. greek yogurt and granola for bf so I'm not too bad..

Candice -WTG - See you can do it !!! you just have to put your mind to it -

Phyl - wasn't it last yr that you saw the typisie janet ;0) at thanksgiving ;0)

Well I'm getting off the computer it's 9 and Andrew still has a load of wash to dry - think I'm closing my door and going to bed..

Janet, tipsie Janet is a hoot!! Do we get a repeat performance this year? You are right, I probably will have some turkey with lots of salt this year. Sometimes I get so wrapped on depravation that I don't forget that this isn't about depravation, but moderation for life. Oh yeah, that would be that serving of carmel corn I had last night instead of dinner. Fixed some Soup I had in the freezer and just couldn't get into it. So had carmel corn for dinner. Fortunately the carmel corn no longer exists so tonight I don't have to worry about it. Don't even aske where it came from, let's just say a weak moment and a boyscout got together and the rest is history.

Candice you are doing fabulously!!!! I new svelter (hum is that a word? doesn't matter, I like it) Candice for the new year. Keep doning what you are doing.

Man I could use a nap this morning! Slept well, just tired! Two days and the weekend is here. Then 3 days and a 4 day weekend. I'm not counting the days or anything!!!

Candice, I use to love Law & Order SVU, but not so much anymore. I have watched the Defenders and enjoyed is, Belushi is a great actor. But I was working on my paper, okay, I was KIND OF working on my paper, knitting a dishcloth AND watching Criminal Minds on DVD. Yep, I'm the only person known to man to knit their own dishclothes. I also knit small squares for face cloths, perfect exfoliation and not all big & drippy.

Well best get busy. Need to start getting ready for my sub. I don't have to plan the whole month, just the first week.

Janet, Phyl, Candice, love you all, if you hear from Linda, remind he that we love her and want to hear from her. Maybe over thanksgiving!

TTFN