Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Steph, what's up with the police and Michael? I missed that, please a quick refresher.

Jackie, I'm with Phyl, I know you are worried, but it DOES sound like you DD did her homework. It is time to turn it over to God and let it go. Easy to say, not easy to do, but you really need to try. Your health is important also.

Okay ladies. I have an appointment for Friday with the fill doc. Today I was starving, stomach growling with in 1/2 of eating. Snacked of grapes, carrots stick. Came home, walked, sat down to dinner, after 4 bites I'm stuck, couldn't eat any more. So I'm leaning towards needing a fill to tighten the stomach opening. I hate this, it is really contributing to some bad habits, eating in the evening because I'm still starved. I'm afraid to eat my dinner.

Sushi boy is out on a fire and I probably won't hear from him until the fire is contained. We are suppose to go out to dinner on Saturday, but we will see. I also have to meet my parents to deliver the Manx I found for dad. Dad has his first CT scan since chemo, radiation, pacemaker, and drug trial on Friday. So keep fingers crossed and prayers.

I got my application completed for the master's program I told you about. My principal called the person in charge and gave a personal recommendation. Also a friend of mine who is already in the program emailed the person giving another personal recommendation. The language arts teacher proofed my essays. So I have done everything that I could do, now it is up to God and fate.

Good Evening Gang...

Back from the gym ... Pooped - I had spinach salad w/feta cheese - avocado - red onion & my yogurt dressing and 2 oz of steak - not enough carbs for my work out

BBQing a pork tenderloin that's been marinating since yesterday Last night made instant potatoes (I ususally love them) ate 1/4 cup they didn't taste good - the cauliflower tasted better - so threw the taters out and had more cauliflower - so tonite rice - cauliflower and pork..

Jackie GF Chill please !!! Why are you so worked up - hell surgery is surgery - there are complications from the band too - I understand she's your child - but don't think the worse - think positive just like Linda said. You put your life on the line getting the band - you could have left your children motherless.... But you still had surgery - they still put you to sleep and that imho is the scariest part of surgery.. She will be ok... She has all us praying for you and her !!!!

Phyl - you rock girl !!! I don't know what else to say... I can't wait to see you walking !!! You can get an arm thingie for your blackberry - and I tell you something - I can't walk without my ipod - if it runs out of batteries - I am done .. I know it's an excuse but I gotta have my music when I am on the treadmill - Love Whitney Houston's new CD !!! I don't think it's your type of music - but Makes you Feel like a million dollar bill song is great to walk on the treadmill with - it's up tempo - I have mostly up tempo music on my ipod - some slow jams for when I do high inclines..

Well gang I got some really sad news - got a call from my Aunt Dot's stepson - I guess her cancer has metastasized - she's in hospic - she can't swallow - so it's a matter of time and she is fading fast.. Don't know how the cancer came back like that (she had a masectomy 7/02) and last we had talked she was clear - but I guess it popped back up..

This is the last of my Dad's family - that I know - I have 2 cousins but they are like 18 yrs older than me and I don't know them (they lived on the east coast and I'm here on the west)

Well my dinner's done - I am going to go eat - I think Dancing with the Stars is on tonite...

I'll chat with you all in the morning

xoxox J

Jackie--thanks for sharring the sleeve info with us. As far as your anxiety about Courtney is concerned, sometimes it helps me to remember that there are some things in life that I can control, and other things that I can't. You really can't control Courtney--there is nothing more you can do. IF she has complications, you'll deal with it, but for now, worrying about all the worst case scenerios isn't going to prevent them from happening. We'll all just pray for a good outcome and remember that God is in control of what happens. When you feel the anxiety creeping in you need to go back to what you've learned about stress relief and relaxation techniques. Concentrate on slow deep breathing and identifying tension in your body and consciously relax it. Remember childbirth? (Yeah, I'm an OB nurse at heart). Just try to relax and go with the flow. Schedule a massage if you like that, or a pedicure--or find a Reflexologist! Go for a facial or a spa treatment and just concentrate on feeling the relaxation. I know it's easier said than done, but Courtney will be more relaxed about all of this if you are relaxed and confident.

Hey Candice--how's The Itch? I'm thinkin better since you haven't said much. What finally worked?

Well, as usual, I messed up a little today. One of my students brought in part of her wedding cake--she got married last Saturday. Naturally, I had to have a tiny slice. Then Mel wanted ice cream after supper, so I had a small vanilla cone. All in all, a better day than the last week, but not as good as I planned :frown: Kari, Karla: Time to check in. Candice: you too!

Thanks Lindaa. Your right and I know it. :biggrin: I am feeling better. Just alot of info at once I guess today. Things will go fine and she will move on with her life. She is so excited about being 'normal' looking. I am excited to see her come out of her shell more and be more confident in herself.

Well it is finally raining here. Haven't had rain for almost 2 months so great sleeping weather tonight. I love to listen to the rain hit the roof and fall asleep. I am going to have a quiet day in the office tomorrow and work at my own pace. Nothing pressing and I need some down time. Thank goodness Court has classes all day and Austin has school. Will be busy the rest of the week so don't plan to work to hard tomorrow. Maybe even a nap and r and r with the babies (3 dogs).

Good night all and have a great Tuesday.

Hi ladies. Sitting in Bismarck doing a lot of nothing. Tried walking on the treadmill....did 20 mins but it was driving me crazy so I bagged it. I don't know how you do it Janet. Give me 20 miles outside over 20 mins on a treadmill any day. Much less painful for me.

Trying not to stress. Just keep telling myself that it is what it is and there is nothing that I can do about it. I just don't know. I'm not going to stress...Im not going to stress. I just need to take drugs to make me not stress.

Tomorrow will be what it is. I'll just go play on Facebook. Night ladies.

Janet~ so sorry to hear about your aunt. Hugs to you. I have an uncle who is 37 years old (1 year older than me) who is in the end stages of lung cancer. I had never really known anyone personally who had/has cancer before now. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your aunt. Hugs GF

Mashed taters sound great but I am not usually able to eat potatoes very well. They are to thick or something. The only potato that works sometimes is baked. I won't even try a french fry. Tried a few times since banding and pb and actually throw up EVERY time so not worth it. That's great though because doesn't even give me the option.:biggrin:

Thank you for the reality check and someone to just put it to me straight. That is why I have come back to my Lucky 7's. No matter what it is I know that it is straight and honest and said out of love. Thank you all for that!

As I said I am calmer now. I went into town tonight grocery shopping and took the long way to town and home for some me time. I think I was just so overwhelmed with how fast things are moving with this and I had 2 crisis at work and I was supposed to be on vacation today but since I am the superviser of our area (the only one) I had to deal with it via email, text and phone conversations with the blackberry. I love my blackberry for the fun things but one pitfall is I am always accessable to work because it is always at my hand. :frown:

Oh well I am over my pity party and ready to move forward. Had my time to stop and regroup.

Got a new hair do and changed my avitar. Tell me what you think. Pretty short but I think I like it. My friend is a beautition and I told her 'something different and chick' and this is what she came up with.

Hi ladies. Sitting in Bismarck doing a lot of nothing. Tried walking on the treadmill....did 20 mins but it was driving me crazy so I bagged it. I don't know how you do it Janet. Give me 20 miles outside over 20 mins on a treadmill any day. Much less painful for me.

Trying not to stress. Just keep telling myself that it is what it is and there is nothing that I can do about it. I just don't know. I'm not going to stress...Im not going to stress. I just need to take drugs to make me not stress.

Tomorrow will be what it is. I'll just go play on Facebook. Night ladies.

Steph~ sorry you are so stressed. Hang in there and know that we are all hear for you. You are right......it is what it is and will be what it will be. I too have to remind myself of those words often. Hugs GF!! Hang in there.

Good luck Steph, at least you will know what's up. Heading to bed, I'll probably won't be on tomorrow night/ I have to run the 'clock' for a HS volleyball tourney. So probably won't get home until late.

Phyl, you go girl!!

Night everyone, just ate 'breakfast' for dinner. TTFN

The scale finally moved! A few more pounds and my BMI will be in the 28's, still a ways to go. If I go by what Dr. Ortiz said, I only have 14 more pounds to go? But what ever it shakes out, works for me.

Okay on the 20 pound December Challenge...1st do we want it to be 20 pounds or do we want 1 pound per week, in which case 12 pounds or even 10 pounds would be good (1 pound per week, ending the week of Christmas)? So that is our 1st decision, I'm leaning toward the 12 pound, it seems more realistic. I'm going for the 12 pounds so everyone can participate, but I'll go with what everyone else says. Prize, one homemade ornament from every member that joins goes to the greatest loser. Second part of the challenge. For those at weight or closer, I'm thinking, those interested would state their desired weight, and those individuals who maintain that weight for the 3 weeks in December, 12/1 - 12/21 would win a homemade ornament from every member who joins that challenge. So give me your thoughts. We could polish this up and have sign ups by Friday with December goals.

Just some thoughts.

Have a good day/evening. If it isn't too late when I get home tonight I'll check in.

TTFN

weight.png

Only have time for a quick note to Steph--I had a hiatial hernia repair just before Christmas last year. About the same as getting the band and I felt ALOT better after. I'll be watching FB today. Hoping for the best

Good morning all! Feeling alot better after a good nights sleep.

I had a hiatial hernia that they found while doing my band. They told me it was a pretty bad one and prob the cause of all my reflux/heartburn. Felt so much better once it was repaired and I got a 2fer. Well coffee is on, bedding is washed and in the drier, floors swept and vacuumed and kids off to school. Now it is Jackie time. Yes I have some work to do today but not a lot so I am not going to stress over it.

We are having another rainy day! :bored: Love the chilly rainy fall day with warm Soup (in my case my liquid chili) and snuggling with a book and soft blanket! The whole day to myself! Woo hoo:lol:

I will CBL. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good Morning Gang

Jackie Glad you are a little calmer today - Yep GF you know we give good love here !!! I still see you are the clean clean cleaner - I need you to come to my house and do my blinds - I dusted them this weekend but then need washing .. Really the taters weren't good - I don't eat them often (maybe once every 6 months) but I am lucky I can eat anything - fries - whatever - Last night skipped the rice just had the pork and veggies - popcorn - well did have a few bites of Andrew's mac & cheese (that's really why I skipped the rice ;0) - That rain you are getting is killing pple in georgia - I just saw a glimpse of it as I was taking out the trash this morning - but there is major flooding there...

Steph - Hugs it will be ok - we are keeping good thoughts and prayers. I can only do treadmil if I have my Ipod on, I can't do it without it... It's to fricking hot to walk outside here - and when it does cool off - it's too dark..

Karla - I need to maintain - but the only draw back is that ornaments would be received after xmas :0)...

Linda - Hugs - I would love the reflex thingie - I need it right now - have a lot of tention in my shoulders and for some reason my bp is up - I took a pill last night - but this morning I am feeling the headache I get when it's up.. I am going to have to montoir this and maybe go to the doc to change my meds - I'm on 50 mg of antenol...

Well thats about all I gotta report - Will cbl - Hugs everyone

Jackie--thanks for sharring the sleeve info with us. As far as your anxiety about Courtney is concerned, sometimes it helps me to remember that there are some things in life that I can control, and other things that I can't. You really can't control Courtney--there is nothing more you can do. IF she has complications, you'll deal with it, but for now, worrying about all the worst case scenerios isn't going to prevent them from happening. We'll all just pray for a good outcome and remember that God is in control of what happens. When you feel the anxiety creeping in you need to go back to what you've learned about stress relief and relaxation techniques. Concentrate on slow deep breathing and identifying tension in your body and consciously relax it. Remember childbirth? (Yeah, I'm an OB nurse at heart). Just try to relax and go with the flow. Schedule a massage if you like that, or a pedicure--or find a Reflexologist! Go for a facial or a spa treatment and just concentrate on feeling the relaxation. I know it's easier said than done, but Courtney will be more relaxed about all of this if you are relaxed and confident.

Hey Candice--how's The Itch? I'm thinkin better since you haven't said much. What finally worked?

Well, as usual, I messed up a little today. One of my students brought in part of her wedding cake--she got married last Saturday. Naturally, I had to have a tiny slice. Then Mel wanted ice cream after supper, so I had a small vanilla cone. All in all, a better day than the last week, but not as good as I planned :smile2: Kari, Karla: Time to check in. Candice: you too!

Oh Linda; the itch is coming back. I've completed my SECOND course of Prednisone, I am OFF all HRT, OFF all laundry detergents ( oonly use Ivory Snow, and double RINSE) so the only thing left that I could be allergic to is my Bipolar med. Seroquel.... so now I am waiting to see if the rash GETS back to HORRIBLE perportions (right now its just slightly red & dry)... its a pain in the ass.. (pardon the pun, cause that's where the rash is, plus my left underarm)

So I think that I should gradually reduce my Seroquel until I'm off it , give it TWO weeks and then re-introduce it to see if it sets off the rash again... this ia a slow idiotic process and I hate it:mad: Just wish my skin would return to normal! :bored:

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg53443972

so far today... being accountable here... remembert the Xmas challenge... who's in???

Dear Janet; I am so sorry to hear that your Aunt is in hospic... Arn't you glad you made that trip and visited her when she was able to appreciate it... You'll have those good memories to reflect on in the future. I am sure they are controlling her pain and that's whats most important.

HUGS to you, I'll keep you and Aunt Dot in my prayers...

At work today, not much happening yet. I am having a massage to start out my day :smile2: Things are going better with the FRONT DESK girl... I loaned her my SECRET book.. seems to helping BOTH of us...:lol:

Have a great day everyone, and remember "nothing tastes as good as being THIN feels" :bored:

Janet, So sorry to hear about your aunt. Hope her suffering is kept to a minimum. And, yes, it's so good that you went and had that visit with her. I HATE cancer! It was so sad to watch what it did to my beloved Aunt Genny and I still miss her so much after almost 2 years.

I'm feeling so good these days that I think I might start breaking my zoloft in half!! Seriously! It has made such a difference in my whole attitude, etc. because I'm so excited to be able to walk as much as I am!

I already did my 1/2 mile today... Tracy walked with me last night. That was nice. We had a good talk. But I went early today because its supposed to get HOT this afternoon. So I decided to do it after Breakfast and before my shower today. Then I rode my scooter across the highway and got my latte! Made a new friend on my walk, and have a new biker guy friend at the latte place!! :bored: He's worried about me riding around the streets on my scooter and said I should wear a helmet! He saw a guy have a bad accident on one once.. his brakes failed and he rolled backwards down a driveway and flipped over. Yikes!

So, as soon as I get my shower, we're off to Seattle to pick up GD. Was so blessed to get a text message from her yesterday saying she was off at noon today if we wanted to go to lunch! She is sophomore at U of WA and works at a gym for tots teaching gymnastics. I think her classes start soon or maybe already did, and she knows we're heading south soon.. So... I better hit the shower and get ready to go!

Have a gREAT day everyone!