Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

holy crap, I need to go backto page 43 to catch up...

Just got home from CAMPING in Tobermory with DH... it was divine...

CBL babes

I have determined that a man designed a washing machine. Who else would put all those hiddent ledges where dirt and fabric softener can collect. Add in that I work at a nursery during the summer and come home with dirt and grime ground into my skin and clothes. I actually have to have a separate set of clothes for nursery work because they get to dirty to get totally clean. I want to know how my mother use to get my dad's coal mine clothes clean. He would come home every night and all you could see where the whites of his eyes and teeth.

Mom and dad are none too pleased with the kitty I found for dad. I guess she is hiding in the closet. For crying out loud, we just picked her up yesterday. So naturally it is my fault. I finally got ticked off enough to say that I would come and get her. Yeah mom, I went out of my way to find a cat you wouldn't like. I love driving 8+ hours to connect dad up with a cat that hides all the time. Like I really could afford 2 tanks of gas and replenishing dads fruit & veggies stash, AND finding him a dozen eggs straight from the farm. I didn't even get a friggin thank you.

holy crap, I need to go backto page 43 to catch up...

Just got home from CAMPING in Tobermory with DH... it was divine...

CBL babes

I was wondering where you were - Glad you had a great time

I have determined that a man designed a washing machine. Who else would put all those hiddent ledges where dirt and fabric softener can collect. Add in that I work at a nursery during the summer and come home with dirt and grime ground into my skin and clothes. I actually have to have a separate set of clothes for nursery work because they get to dirty to get totally clean. I want to know how my mother use to get my dad's coal mine clothes clean. He would come home every night and all you could see where the whites of his eyes and teeth.

Mom and dad are none too pleased with the kitty I found for dad. I guess she is hiding in the closet. For crying out loud, we just picked her up yesterday. So naturally it is my fault. I finally got ticked off enough to say that I would come and get her. Yeah mom, I went out of my way to find a cat you wouldn't like. I love driving 8+ hours to connect dad up with a cat that hides all the time. Like I really could afford 2 tanks of gas and replenishing dads fruit & veggies stash, AND finding him a dozen eggs straight from the farm. I didn't even get a friggin thank you.

Don't go - give it a week and see how it goes with the cat..

Mine are eating and using the kitty litter - now I have to take the to a no kill shelter - that's going to break my heart - I have one person who wants one and supposeitly Andrew may have a home for 1 or 2..

Well back from shopping - just went to Target - got 2 cute sweater skirts flared one in purple and one in black and a black white hounds tooth sweater.. These skirts will look darling with my boots - now I just have to wait for winter !!

Yesterday 111 -!!! 106 today - suppose to cools to the high 90's this coming week and mid 60's at night - I will be able to turn off a/c pretty soon (hopefully)

Well gotta go see what weather in Texas is going to be and look for air fare - hotel and then see what my bills are going to be on the 1st !!!

CBL

A good friend of our "Ray" had knee... surgery date. 8 wks ago. He can flex his knee 127 degrees now but he is NOT walking as far as our PHYL is doing... I don't think he is as motivated to push it.

www.greatcanadianparks.com/ontario/brucenp/index.htm

is where we went camping this weekend. Its the Bruce Peninsula... the top of the Niagra Escarpment... truly beautiful, and I can't wait to go back and do more of the trails. Peter, Woody, Twig and I did 6 km of rough terrain, up and down wooded areas, rocky beaches (wait till you see the pictures) rocks and tree roots...the the veiws once you got to the Water were spectacular.

Marshmellows over the campfire (they are 20 cals each) but I had 10 each night... YUM YUM YUM

CBL

Edited by peaches9
more stuff

Candice Glad you had a great time !!!

Well gang - I'm going to Tx on Friday... Services are on Saturday - will fly home on Sunday...

I talked to my cousin Alfred tonite - I have never spoken to him !! he's 67 - his wife is Kathy - they seem very nice - it's going to be weird to meet them - they are my family and we don't know each other - when I called (Chris gave me his number) they know who I am and Alfred said - I remember seeing you when you were a baby.. I guess his sis - Sandy isn't coming after all - Chris said she might - but Alfred said she wasn't - she recently had back surgery..

Well I guess something good will come of this - I get to meet my cousin !!! His wife and him seemed very very friendly - but it's going to be weird - we have a age diff - I'm from cali they live in New Jersey and I know I am totally diff than them - what are they going to think of my nose piercing - OMW I am going to shock them... How much small talk can there be - The get to Dallas 3:30 - I fly in at 12:30 - Chris suggested dinner if they weren't too tired - so we will see - and then will spend Saturday with them - Chris is kind of quite serious - Karen his wife is freindly - I fly home 9:40 Sunday morning heck with the time diff I will arrive in PS by 10:40..

Janet, I'm glad you are going to the funeral and you connected up with family.

That is not at all unusual for a cat to do. Cat we have now hid under the bed for a few days. One before that hid behind the washing machine for a few days. She'll come out when she gets used to her new surroundings.

A good friend of our "Ray" had knee... surgery date. 8 wks ago. He can flex his knee 127 degrees now but he is NOT walking as far as our PHYL is doing... I don't think he is as motivated to push it.

[/url]Marshmallows over the campfire (they are 20 cals each) but I had 10 each night... YUM YUM YUM CBL

Marshmallows...You had TEN?? I like mine BLACK!! Haven't had any in a couple of years! Well... maybe one last summer at Tracy's when we had a campfire in the backyard one night. You'd think they'd plug you up! LOL

Yeah, I'm kind of pleased with my progress. Haven't done all my exercises every day like I should, but still walking 1/2 mile every day. Skipped yesterday, but was very busy and active all day. Did it twice on Friday, once tonight. Earl went with me... he carried the cane because I wanted to try walking without it. I did fine. Don't think I need it anymore. PT eval tomorrow. Have to remember to go buy weights for my ankles at Target while I"m over there. PT facility is right next to Target. I have wrist weights... 2 or 3 lb... I forget. I'm going to start using them when I walk. They will remind me to swing my arms more. Ankle weights are for leg raising exercises.. not for walking. So far flexion is only up to 114 degrees...maybe more when they measure tomorrow.. but still so much fat and flabby skin in my thighs, it sort of inhibits bending my leg. Extension is perfect. Doc and PT said that is the hardest and comes last, but for me it was easy and came first.

Visit with the grandkids yesterday was so fun. Johannah made me feel a little guilty... every time I said anything the least bit negative... knee hurts, or such, she would close her eyes, fold her hands and was making it quite obvious she was saying a prayer for me! It was cute! So I had to shut up! Then when I said we better start thinking about heading home, she disappeared and came back with three throw pillows to "help me feel more at home"! So I had to put it under my leg and stay 15 more minutes!

Well gang - I'm going to Tx on Friday... Services are on Saturday - will fly home on Sunday...

I talked to my cousin Alfred tonite - I have never spoken to him !! he's 67 - his wife is Kathy - they seem very nice - it's going to be weird to meet them - they are my family and we don't know each other - when I called (Chris gave me his number) they know who I am and Alfred said - I remember seeing you when you were a baby.. I guess his sis - Sandy isn't coming after all - Chris said she might - but Alfred said she wasn't - she recently had back surgery..

Well I guess something good will come of this - I get to meet my cousin !!! His wife and him seemed very very friendly - but it's going to be weird - we have a age diff - I'm from cali they live in New Jersey and I know I am totally diff than them - what are they going to think of my nose piercing - OMW I am going to shock them... How much small talk can there be - The get to Dallas 3:30 - I fly in at 12:30 - Chris suggested dinner if they weren't too tired - so we will see - and then will spend Saturday with them - Chris is kind of quite serious - Karen his wife is freindly - I fly home 9:40 Sunday morning heck with the time diff I will arrive in PS by 10:40..

So glad you're able to go. Good that you're meeting new family members. You will have an enjoyable visit, I'm sure.

Yes... you will see me walking. I'm planning to walk to the clubhouse for Water aerobics instead of ride the scooter. And when I get to Three Rivers, Jacki and I are walking down to the river. Earl said I couldn't because of the rocks, but she said she's working on cleaning up the path. And she's going to carry the wine. We're going to sit by the river behind their house and drink some wine.

7_4_33.gif7_4_13.gif 7_4_33.gif

May be the kitty is just scared and needs to get used to the new surroundings. Sorry you are getting grief for doing a nice thing.

Peaches so glad you have a great time camping. Sounds fun. I also like my marshmellows black so I limit myself to one marchmellow but I burn it black, skin the black off and burn it again a couple more times. Seems like I get more that way.:smile2:

Janet so glad you are going to the funeral and meeting more family. It may be weird at first but you have common threads so those will help with the small talk to get people more comfortable.

Phyl so happy to hear how well you are doing after knee surgery. NO CANE!!!! Awsome!

Today was a rough day. I am such a sap! Started cleaning and just bawling for no reason. Thinking of Court and surgery, their dad, and blah blah blah. TOM is ready to rear its ugle head and I get emotional EVER month the week before and during. Courtney said 'what is the matter with you? Mom seriously you need to get a grip!' LOL I had to increase my anxiety meds today. VERY VERY anxious while at Wally world and when I got home. So anyway, not such a great day. I am so exhausted now due to the increase in meds, crying and just ready to go to bed to end this day. So on that note.......goodnight my dear friends!! Love you all and appreciate you being here for my rants and whines the last couple of days. GEESH I really need to pull it together!:smile2:

Another day down and no soda. It's been a whole week now. Pedaled yesterday 130 minutes. 63 minutes today.

Phyl - Johannah sounds adoreable. How old is she?

Janet - have a safe trip. And I want you to take your right hand and put it on your left shoulder. Then take your left hand and put it on your right shoulder. Then squeeze. THERE............i just sent you a virtual hug.

Karla - hugs. If the cat doesn't work out, it's their problem. Not yours. Let them handle it. You do not have to drive 8 hours. Don't get stressed out about it.

Candice - Glad you had fun camping. Were you warm enough?? It's that time of year, you know. EH?

Jackie - your DH sounds a lot like my DH. Roommates. I've been wondering lately if I even remember how IT is done. Or, is there really an IT?

Have a great night. Check back tomorrow.

Kari, I have you all beat on IT. It's been years. I've been divorced now for 15 1/2 years, so it have been about 14 years. I don't even know it I could do IT if I tried. I figure by now, I've grown my virginity back. Plus I've been reconstructed, so everything is newish. Heck, I even have cadavar tissue...ummm, I don't think I'll share that with the gentleman, should I ever have an opportunity.

Okay, with that, I'm going to bed. ate about an ounce of food for dinner. Needless to say was hungry 2 hours later, so had some yogurt, blueberries, & Kashi. Calories today were about 900.

good night

Today was a rough day. I am such a sap! Started cleaning and just bawling for no reason. Thinking of Court and surgery, their dad, and blah blah blah. TOM is ready to rear its ugle head and I get emotional EVER month the week before and during. Courtney said 'what is the matter with you? Mom seriously you need to get a grip!' LOL I had to increase my anxiety meds today. VERY VERY anxious while at Wally world and when I got home. So anyway, not such a great day. I am so exhausted now due to the increase in meds, crying and just ready to go to bed to end this day. So on that note.......goodnight my dear friends!! Love you all and appreciate you being here for my rants and whines the last couple of days. GEESH I really need to pull it together!:smile2:

WE LOVE YOU, JACKIE!!

11_8_14.gif

36_2_80.gif

Another day down and no soda. It's been a whole week now. Pedaled yesterday 130 minutes. 63 minutes today.

Phyl - Johannah sounds adorable. How old is she?

Jackie - your DH sounds a lot like my DH. Roommates. I've been wondering lately if I even remember how IT is done. Or, is there really an IT?

Have a great night. Check back tomorrow.

Good job on the soda!!

Johannah is 7, going on 20!! She'll be 8 in January.

She wasa a miracle baby, as were her two brothers.

DD & SIL were married 13 years when Johannah was born and had been through YEARS of infertility treatment, two failed adoptions (moms changed their minds) and when she was conceived... Jodie had decided it was the LAST time she was trying invitro. Then 16 mos after Johannah came Charly... NO infertility treatment that time, and then Thomas 2 years after that! Doctor told them she had a 30% chance of ever getting pregnant... polycystic ovaries.

Kari, I have you all beat on IT. It's been years. I've been divorced now for 15 1/2 years, so it have been about 14 years. I don't even know it I could do IT if I tried. I figure by now, I've grown my virginity back. Plus I've been reconstructed, so everything is newish. Heck, I even have cadavar tissue...ummm, I don't think I'll share that with the gentleman, should I ever have an opportunity.

Okay, with that, I'm going to bed. ate about an ounce of food for dinner. Needless to say was hungry 2 hours later, so had some yogurt, blueberries, & Kashi. Calories today were about 900.

good night

Hmmmmm..... "IT"?? I'm afraid for even the cat to get too close to me in bed right now!! LOL

Maybe in a few weeks I'll dig out that pamphlet they gave us at the pre-op class!!

I very rarely feel hungry... I"m on another subject by now, BTW! But tonight it's driving me crazy! Weigh in tomorrow so I can't go raid the refrigerator! I had my usual eggbeater omelet for breakfast..and a slice of turkey bacon. lunch out with DD & SIL and I had chicken taco salad. Dinner was 1/2 can of french style green Beans (40 cal) and some of Earl's homemade spaghetti sauce... crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic. Had a 60 cal Jello pudding this evening, but I'm so hungry!!

7_4_17.gif

Karla my antidepressant takes all sex drive away so I don't care about that for me. LOL. I say it is the meds but often wonder if it is the man and the lack of companionship thing. Never did a one night stand and thing are pretty quiet between us so I think that's how it would be. Lol. Honestly he really isn't a bad guy. He helps clean and laundry and anything I askl of him he does it is just the antisocial thing. He is more like my friend whom I don't talk to much. My roommate. LOL

Phyl that is a wonderful story of your grandchildren. I am so happy for your DD and DSIL. My SIL did the invitro 5 times and no take and she said the doctor told her she may be able to conceoive if she lost 50bs. She thinks their nuts and if it is meant to be it will happen so they have stopped all fertility treatments. I did not talk to her about when researching wls I read that many times. Just didn't have the heart and I know she prpob knows it is true.

Ok.middle of the night and my little doggie is sick. Justike mama he I believe has allergies. going on day 3 of yucky eyes and just woke to him coughing under the bed. Keep using warm hot washrags on his eyes to wipe the gunk out. That however has really slowed since I haven't had to do that since yesterday afternoon. Just gave him baby benedryl and gonna cl the vet in the am. They are just like my kids for me so now he is laying on his back in my arms wrapped in his blankey and we are rocking waiting for the meds to kick in. Yes the vet told me to give him benedryl before and how much. Anyway just wanted to check in with you all.

Rock for a bit and back to bed.

Jackie, we always have benedryl in the house for the puppies. Simon, our wired-haired doxi always puts his nose where it doesn't belong and gets stung. Then he swells up like a balloon. Jordan, our black & tan, has some skin issues, so the benedryl help him stop chewing.

Phyl, great job. I can't stand greenie beanies, ohhh, they have little cardigans on them. It just grosses me out. With all your walking and good food choices, I'm sure you will have a loss.

Jackie, you are a brave woman, but you are still so young. There is so much more out there. I'm not saying you should leave, just make sure you aren't staying because it is easy. You are beautiful. Where you married before you got your band? Of course, I'm not the one to offer advise. I'm a loser when it comes to men.

That is not at all unusual for a cat to do. Cat we have now hid under the bed for a few days. One before that hid behind the washing machine for a few days. She'll come out when she gets used to her new surroundings.

Marshmallows...You had TEN?? I like mine BLACK!! Haven't had any in a couple of years! Well... maybe one last summer at Tracy's when we had a campfire in the backyard one night. You'd think they'd plug you up! LOL

Oh that is funny! I like mine BLACK too.. oh they were so worth it!!! I hadn't had them in years either.

Yeah, I'm kind of pleased with my progress. Haven't done all my exercises every day like I should, but still walking 1/2 mile every day. Skipped yesterday, but was very busy and active all day. Did it twice on Friday, once tonight. Earl went with me... he carried the cane because I wanted to try walking without it. I did fine. Don't think I need it anymore. PT eval tomorrow. Have to remember to go buy weights for my ankles at Target while I"m over there. PT facility is right next to Target. I have wrist weights... 2 or 3 lb... I forget. I'm going to start using them when I walk. They will remind me to swing my arms more. Ankle weights are for leg raising exercises.. not for walking. So far flexion is only up to 114 degrees...maybe more when they measure tomorrow.. but still so much fat and flabby skin in my thighs, it sort of inhibits bending my leg. Extension is perfect. Doc and PT said that is the hardest and comes last, but for me it was easy and came first.

Visit with the grandkids yesterday was so fun. Johannah made me feel a little guilty... every time I said anything the least bit negative... knee hurts, or such, she would close her eyes, fold her hands and was making it quite obvious she was saying a prayer for me! It was cute! So I had to shut up! Then when I said we better start thinking about heading home, she disappeared and came back with three throw pillows to "help me feel more at home"! So I had to put it under my leg and stay 15 more minutes!

So glad you're able to go. Good that you're meeting new family members. You will have an enjoyable visit, I'm sure.

Yes... you will see me walking. I'm planning to walk to the clubhouse for Water aerobics instead of ride the scooter. And when I get to Three Rivers, Jacki and I are walking down to the river. Earl said I couldn't because of the rocks, but she said she's working on cleaning up the path. And she's going to carry the wine. We're going to sit by the river behind their house and drink some wine.

7_4_33.gif 7_4_13.gif 7_4_33.gif

Gee I like the sound of that Jacki friend!!! My kinda woman!!