Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Soco~ I am so glad you made it and are doing good. Keep telling us all your getting, it will really help all of us coming up. I was starting to get worried about you :thumbup: Glad you are home and doing OK. I really hope the gas eases soon. Oh, and WAY TO GO on the early loss, I just knew you'd fight through that little stall. :D

Colorado~ I remember reading people would say their tastes were totally different after banding, sounds like it might be true for you. Weird, huh? Good luck looking and finding things, I am sure it's tough. Glad your doing so well though.

DEANN~ Hang in there on your liquid diet. You can do it. My surgery is scheduled for SEPT 16TH TOO! We're band day mates. :D I think there was like two others on that date, I can't remember. However, I am STILL waiting on Insurance approval, into my third week. Called today and it's still pending. :smile2:

KittKat~ YEA!!! Next week surgery, that is gonna fly by and be here before you know it. Get ready!

Christie~ Your one of the first September Bandsters :D So glad to hear you are doing good. That makes me happy to hear all these positive beginnings. Keep us posted and enjoy the full liquids tomorrow.

Amchenai~ Yea! Your through too...now on to the hard work huH? I am glad you are doing good and up and moving. I am sure the liquids will start going down a little easier day by day. Hang in there.

Amanda~ So glad you are feeling better yet today!!

Travel~ Good luck with your test, I am sure it all will be OK. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you still get your same surgery date. :smile2:

Hi everyone! I am just checking in...it has been one h*ll of a week with my dad in ICU and all of my appointments on top of it. Today was the first time that I stressed about surgery. I went for my chest xray and then thought...oh my....this is real....

I am so happy and so proud of all of you guys that have had surgery so far this month!

I can't wait until the 23rd!!!

Will check back in soon!

Well, tomorrow is my surgery. Not too nervous yet. Tomorrow will be a different story. My surgery is at 11:00 and I will be staying overnight. Praying all goes well with anesthesia! I will check in with everyone when I get home. I have had 2 weeks of Clear Liquids and will have another 2 weeks after surgery. I am sick of all the sweet tastes! I found Swanson Vegetable broth today and it is very good. Went and bought a bunch more tonight, so when I get home I will have something in the house. Well, September Bandsters, Talk to you all real soon. :smile2:

Hi guys, had my banding done on the September first in Pureto Vallerta Mexico. Just returned home last night. Still alot of gas from the CO2 they use in the abdomial space. I had a great experiance with my whole procedure. Still on liquids till Tuesday then will go on full liquids for a week and the on purred food for one week then on to regular foods. Am looking forward to getting a healthy life back again. Will check back again and update on my progress.:smile2:

Well, tomorrow is my surgery. Not too nervous yet. Tomorrow will be a different story. My surgery is at 11:00 and I will be staying overnight. Praying all goes well with anesthesia! I will check in with everyone when I get home. I have had 2 weeks of clear liquids and will have another 2 weeks after surgery. I am sick of all the sweet tastes! I found Swanson Vegetable broth today and it is very good. Went and bought a bunch more tonight, so when I get home I will have something in the house. Well, September Bandsters, Talk to you all real soon. :thumbup:

clear liquids for two weeks? wow! I thought doing the Protein Shakes for 2 weeks is tough. I only have to do clear liquids the day before surgery. Then 2 days after surgery. You are my hero for sticking to that strict 2 wk diet!:smile2:

good morning, to everyone having surgery today, good luck. and to those of us already banded, YEA!!!! you know when your skinny friends used to say " i havent eaten all day, i dont even think about food". or " i forgot to eat today". Believe it or not, that is how I feel now. Not sure if it is just a mind thing or what, but I feel like I have to force myself to drink. Colorado or Soco, do you feel that way? I have no appetite at all. I dont feel sick, just no appetite. I always wondered what that felt like to not think about food almost constantly. :smile2:

Good morning everyone, it's nice to see everyone so positive about their progress. I was going to complain about my miserable 2nd day of the pre op diet but after seeing how some of you have to do it for 2 weeks I decided to hush up and suck it up!! Surgery is Tuesday and wow these days are really flying by. I don't have a scale here at home so I have no idea what I currently weigh. I am tempted to get one but It may be a bad idea to do so. 4 days to go!!! did anyone else get so nervous this close to surgery that they couldn't stay out of the bathroom?:smile2:

wow mosean!! many blessings let us know how it goes :smile2:

yeah that is weird that they gave you those pills. They made me get the liquid kind! But they may be bc they put a fill in during my surgery. We will see how that goes when I come off of clear liquids on sunday. I am feeling MUCH better today. had a hard time with the gas pains but like she said before it will be well worth it in the end. Ive lost 6lbs since tuesday and 18lbs total! So Im really happy about that!!!!

Good morning everyone, it's nice to see everyone so positive about their progress. I was going to complain about my miserable 2nd day of the pre op diet but after seeing how some of you have to do it for 2 weeks I decided to hush up and suck it up!! Surgery is Tuesday and wow these days are really flying by. I don't have a scale here at home so I have no idea what I currently weigh. I am tempted to get one but It may be a bad idea to do so. 4 days to go!!! did anyone else get so nervous this close to surgery that they couldn't stay out of the bathroom?:smile2:

Two weeks of pre-op liquids is sooooo hard, I'm hungry all the time. Of course I realize alot of it is in my head. I'm worried I won't be able to do this. :thumbup:

good morning, to everyone having surgery today, good luck. and to those of us already banded, YEA!!!! you know when your skinny friends used to say " i havent eaten all day, i dont even think about food". or " i forgot to eat today". Believe it or not, that is how I feel now. Not sure if it is just a mind thing or what, but I feel like I have to force myself to drink. Colorado or Soco, do you feel that way? I have no appetite at all. I dont feel sick, just no appetite. I always wondered what that felt like to not think about food almost constantly. :smile2:

I have to say, I totally agree. Even Water seems to fill me up. I went for a nice long walk this morning, and I feel better, but still really bloated feeling. I haven't been able to eat an entire sugar free popsicle yet. I am going to enjoy this as long as I can though! One more day on clear liquids then on to full liquids Saturday. I am a little nervous about full liquids!

I had my surgery yesterday and was released from the hospital today around 10 am. It felt like a life time... I could not wait to get home and unhooked from all the machines. I am feeling pretty good... sore but no gas pain, just incision pain. I have been moving around a lot, but am not able to eat much. Everytime I try something that isn't Water I feel like I might throw up. I am taking loritab liquid... it tastes horrible. I had the most amazing experience at St John Hospital and with my surgeon Dr. Katz. I am very pleased. I am now heading back to bad. Glad to hear everyone is doing okay. Keep up the healing all and for those yet to be banded, keep up the good pre-op work!

I found out if you water down Lortab it makes it easier to swallow.:sneaky:

Congratulations Christie! :sneaky: I was banded on 9/1 also.

My gas pain is all in my chest too. Walking helps. Every time I walk, I cough - which hurts the belly but I guess that means progress.

Full liquids is good, way better than clear, but I can't seem to find anything I am interested in. The cream of chicken Soup was good...all the Protein Shakes taste way too sweet. What else is there? Yogurt I guess. We are allowed to have cottage cheese too, I could try that. Not much of an appetite.

I don't have much of an appetite either.

Hello All, I'm back and checking in.. Had surgery on the 1st.. I woke up feeling terrible pain in my left shoulder I was convinced someone kicked my a** in surgery.. It was only gas.. I came back from the hospital yesterday still feeling very weak and groggy with the shoulder pain. But, I didn't want to take any pain medication. I was trying to tough it out. I don't like the fuzzy feeling from the meds (big mistake). I had a bad night.. and today I finally gave in and drank the nasty pain med. I feel good.. I have to walk maybe that will help with gas although the gasX strips are great. All in All I'm doing good.. I haven't had too much of an appetite.. I'm still just sipping broth and clear liquids.. Sipping-- I made a big mistake and took a gulp not a chug but a good gulp and felt a big ball/lump in my chest.. eek I can't even imagine eating like I used to..

Amanda and Colorado I'm glad you Gals are doing good.. Oh by the way I bought some Profect Protein Vials at costco YUK they are nasty.. Tell me how are you Gals getting protein and vitamins.. remember protein heals the body.. We Did It! :sad:

253 the day of surgery 9/1

248 Yesterday 9/2

246 today 9/3

I did pee like a horse after surgery my potassium even went down and I needed to take some nasty, salty, liquid before leaving the hospital..

I'm trying to drink the same Protein Drinks from before but can only handle about half of it. I do those 3 x a day and try to drink as much Water as possible ( which is hard) and eat SF popsicles. :sneaky: