Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I'm scheduled Sept 14!

I'm scheduled Sept 14!

I just got my surgery date also, its September 15! I'm very excited, it has been alot of hoop jumping to get here :blink:

I am so excited, it's finally happening! My surgery date is September 17. I can't wait to shop on the other side of the wall (regular sizes)! It may be a little while, but I know I will do it! :blink:

Are you taking the pain meds? I think I'll just keep a low dose in me post-op to try and lessen pain. I'm worried about Migraines with the anesthesia.

It would be nice to have a chart with who has surgery when. I know several share my surgery date, but I haven't kept track who. Thanks to those of you for keeping in touch.

I just finished my pre-admit and testing. I see the surgeon tomorrow.

Anita

Yeah I have been taking the hydrocodone every 4 hours. It is so nasty though. I am hoping tomorrow that it is better. Just got back from a walk around the block, maybe that will help the gas. Take care.:blink:

Stay ahead of the pain if you can.

Thanks! Where in Alabama r u? I am originally from Mobile.

Colorado Mom~ Way to go Bandie!!! LOL Do you like the sound of that? Well, maybe not quite yet. Sounds uncomfortable being in a hotel room the first night, but I am sure with your pain pills and being tired you'll sleep good I hope. Glad it all went great!!! WHOO HOO!!!! :ohmy:

Thanks BooCakes! I am pretty sore today, and sitting in the car for 6 hours on the drive home did not help. I need to walk around some more to get rid of the gas pains. Other than that, all is good! Not too hungry, probably had about 500 cals total of Soup & yogurt & Protein Shake today. Much better than all that broth!

You will be on the banded side soon! :blushing:

2 WEEKS OF Clear Liquids :blushing: That is tough. I only have 4 days I will need to do so I give you big props for that. Only a few more days! Hang in there.

I agree, that is so harsh!!! I barely survived 3 days. So happy to be on full liquids right after surgery.

Hi everyone, my surgery went well also. Was banded yesterday with only 1 incision!! My surgeon, Dr. Erbella, said it is the newest proceedure for the lap band. I have just had some neck and shoulder pain from the gas, but otherwise, just some soreness at the incision site. All that worrying for nothing. And for everyone beating them selves up about the pre-op liquid diet, DONT!!! He said my liver was perfect! I say that because I know how hard it is to be on liquids only for 2 weeks, and I wasnt able to do it everyday, and like I said, it was a text book perfect surgery. I am very tired, but otherwise feel GREAT!!! wish i wouldve done this sooner. Oh well, things happen for a reason. I guess this is the right time now, not earlier. Good luck to everyone whos surgery is today!! And I have to say Dr. Erbella is the best!! :ohmy:

Congrats! One incision, that is cool! I have a bunch of them...but what hurts more are the gas pains, and feel like my stomach muscles are so sore.

Anyway, yippee!!!!

:blushing:

Feeling better today. I am swallowing better today, so I am doing clears today. I have slight gas discomfort in my stomach but nothing too bad. I took some Gas x which seems to help. I able to burp without a problem. No shoulder pains, so I am happy about that. Have a little pain around my incision especially the incision around my bellybutton. But overall I feel pretty good. I' m glad to hear from the other two that had surgery, glad you guys are doing well. Just waiting to hear from Soco who had her surgery as well yesterday. I'm also looking forward to hearing from the guys who are having surgery as well today, can't wait to hear how that goes. Good luck all!:ohmy:

Amanda, congratulations! I actually felt better yesterday (day of surgery) than today - I have a lot of gas pains and VERY sore today.

Only good thing is I am on full liquids, so happy to have some Soup and yogurt drink!

Keep popping the Vicodin, that's my plan!:blushing:

I am more sore today than yesterday too. I think its because all the meds have worn off from the OR. It still is less painful than I thought it be. I am not hungry either. I wish everyone good luck with their surgeries coming up in the days ahead. GO SEPTEMBER BANDERS !!! have we come up with a good name for us yet? :blushing:

Surgery in the morning. Can't believe its here. Congrats to those of you who have already been banded this week. I won't be back until Saturday, but wish our Friday friends blessings. May all go well with you!

Boo - I hope they do have it all figured out for you. Hope you get that official approval very soon.

Colorado Mom - I am so glad to hear you are doing good and back at home. I am sure it will get easier in the days to come. :blushing:

Mosean - wow only one incision that sounds great. We live near each other. I am in Ruskin, just over the Manatee boarder. :ohmy: Sounds like you did have a great surgeon :tt1:

Amanda - I am so glad to hear you are still doing good, other than the mack truck. I am sure things will get better each day that goes by.

To everyone else that went in hope you are all doing well and prayers are out there for everyone. :sad:

Today was a busy day. Went to wally world and picked up a few things for the hospital. Have pretty much everything set.

Tomorrow I have my pre op appointment, new pcp appointment and obgyn annual exam.

Friday is going to be here before I know it.

Okay well I am glad to hear everyone is doing well.

In case anyone missed my earlier post, we do have a yahoo group going for all of us in September being banded, also for August and October bandsters as well.

Please feel free to join here -

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/banded909/join

Just leave in the message that you are from the board.

Have a great night everyone :)

My surgery date is Sept 17th. I can't wait to start my new life!! I am so excited! Good luck to everybody!!