Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Oh yeah....the pain. It stopped once I started eating healthier. Thanks for all the help.

:eek:Well ladies I have been having a hard last couple of weeks. I am not hungry most of the time but yet I get these cravings especially for things that I have strictly stayed away from since my surgery like Reese's Pieces and sonic blasts from Sonic. Afterwards I feel awful. I have good restriction and I can say that I can't eat alot at one time especially chicken, meat and breads, things that before my fill I didn't have a problem with. My real problem is the snacking especially when I am bored and I'm not even hungry. I know that I am PMSing and that explains the craving for the chocolate. I just need to listen to my band and find other things to occupy my time. My only saving grace is I am still exercising and so I may gain a few lbs but they come right off. Just wanted to let you knows what's going on with me and that I am going to rededicate myself to this lifestyle of being banded. Hope all is well with all of y'all.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to drop in and say hi to all the sept bandsters. i was reading some of your posts and you all are doing so good.

i am doing good also. i just finished a 5k walk/run. i walked this year but next year i want to run it.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to drop in and say hi to all the sept bandsters. i was reading some of your posts and you all are doing so good.

i am doing good also. i just finished a 5k walk/run. i walked this year but next year i want to run it.

Good for you, we need to keep checking in. I truly believe that those of us still posting have a much better chance at success. We are all making great progress!

I am hoping to have my lap band surgery in Sept. I have 2 more dr. appts. I have done my nutritionist and psychologist appts. My dr. has not said anything about the pre-op diet, and also have not been told to lose any weight. i have been trying to practice eating slowly and drinking my liquids slowly and not eating and drinking at the same time which i find very hard. Hopefully everything will go smoothly for the Sept. banders. I can't weight to have it done.

Hi Everyone...I haven't posted for awhile due to some personal issues. It's motivating to read everyone's posts and see how well we are doing since last September. I am so much more healthy now than before. However, I am falling into the same trap a few of you mentioned - eating things that go down easily but are basically junk. That type of eating is not out of hunger. I haven't been exercising much so reading the posts about the dedicated exercise is also motivating. With our 1 year anniversary coming up in a little over 2 months, this is probably a good time to recommit to a healthy lifestyle and set realistic goals for September. Nice hearing that all of you are doing well!

Sounds like everyone is still plugging away at it, although I know it's not easy. I hit a plateau a few months back, I was alright with it since my husband and I were trying to conceive. Well I probably won't be on here for a while because I am finally pregnant. We've tried for 6 years and the surgery was a plus for helping with pregnancy. I am pregnant with twins so I probably won't be on here until January after they are delivered. I will surely need some motivation after a pregnancy weight gain. I have noticed that I am very conscious of what I eat, so hopefully I don't go overboard on my eating. :thumbup: Thanks for everyone's support through the first 9 months of "band life"!!

Congratulations hardy, I want to get pregnant but I fear its too soon. I see that its not. Lol. I hope that its fairly easy for me even though my period has not regulated the way they say some usually do. I guess I have to lose even more. I have plateaued at 230 and it is really devastating me. This week I am determined to get AND stay under 230. I'm doing what ever it takes. I've put myself on two liquids and a dinner.

Comet I hope things are going better for you. I hope that things aren't interfering too much with your with lose. Good luck with everything.

Papoose, things will work out and your doctor will tell so much about what you will need to know and then there are things that he/she won't mention. I suggest reading and asking questions and this site and sites like this one. Get as knowledgeable as you possible can because they definitely won't say everything. Actually I don't think they could know what we know. As far as the drinking thing. Trust me you can't do it anyway when you get the surgery. It is sooooo painful. Here is how I describe it: Look at a Water cooler. once someone gets water from it; it make the gurgle noise and air bubbles come up so that it can let more water go down. Well your body does the same thing-in my opinion. It feels like it releases air in order to make room for that liquid. OMG definitely don't let it be soda when you try it and most likely you will try it. Just be careful. Keep practicing. ESPECIALLY with slow eating-I still have problems with that. The reward is sooo much better. I can run a little now. I am way more flexible and my ankle no longer hurts AT ALL. That's almost a miracle! Well I'm talking too much. Happy weight Loss!!!

Edited by Loveslady

@ Loveslady, thanks so much for your help. I have been doing a lot of reading on the internet about the lapband and all the ins and outs. It is helping a lot. I just can't wait to have the surgery and begin the process of trying to learn to eat and drink correctly. Take care and will talk to you again.

i havent posted in months, but i am happy to see everyone doing so well. Dont give up, never give up!! We can do this!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say Happy 4th of July! Here were are right at the middle of 2010. Now is a good time to dust off those new years resolutions, maybe tweak them or add to them.

I have been doing just that. I am very please with my weightloss so far. I would love to lose the rest before the end of 2010. It would be the first New Years eve when losing weight will NOT be one of my resolutions :)

How is everyone else doing?

Hi, it's good to read from all of you how you are doing.

I was hoping for my weight to be down below 200 by a year, but now I think I may get to a 100 lb. weight loss by a year! I think the big help was losing 30 lbs before surgery, practicing my post surgery lifestyle.

I am hungry in the afternoons, even though I have tried various foods, like a 30g Protein Shake mid-afternoon, lots of zero calorie beverages to fill up on, and doing something to get my mind off of food. It seems like I need over 1200 calories, and then the hunger is taken care of, mostly.

I've been aqua exercising twice a week, which has been wonderful.

Happy July 4th.

Anita

Hi, it's good to read from all of you how you are doing.

I was hoping for my weight to be down below 200 by a year, but now I think I may get to a 100 lb. weight loss by a year! Anita

100 lbs, WOW, that would be amazing. I am so happy for you!:thumbup:

we seem to have a similar band date, age and weight loss....I havent posted much on here..just read it often. I have a band slip though and am having surgery find tomorrow to fix it. I am trying to find people who have had a revision and what their recovery time was.

Anyway, just thought I would say hello and see that I am on track or "normal"

I have had 2 fills, and 1 UNfill and still nothing is working right..fear there is slippage now! Still No weight loss since March....