Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I am attending a get together in Chicago of several others who are at different levels of this jouney. Have you tried blogging ? I find that keeping a blog/journey of my days is helping me to stay focused. It is difficult to believe our bandiversary is almost here already!

It is hard to believe that it's been almost 1 year. The support from this forum has been motivating. In some ways it's been easier than I thought it would be - and in some ways harder. It always strikes me that we will have to deal with our relationship with food every day for the rest of our lives. That said, it sounds like most of us would do it again. I'm loving feeling so much better.:lol:

It is hard to believe that it's been almost 1 year. The support from this forum has been motivating. In some ways it's been easier than I thought it would be - and in some ways harder. It always strikes me that we will have to deal with our relationship with food every day for the rest of our lives. That said, it sounds like most of us would do it again. I'm loving feeling so much better.:confused:

I really believe that those of us who continue to blog and check in here, have been odds of keeping it off :scared2:

hi, ladies.

Yes, our bandiversary is almost here. I'm a little discouraged becuase I have yet to lose as mush as I feel I should have. It's very disappointing because I thought that I would be down a hundred pounds but I'm not even close to that. I was really praying that I would be the one who only loses 50-80% of their intended goal. So far I do look like that one. I stil want to buy px90 and just waiting for pay day to roll around. I really hope it helps. Anyway I hope that everyone else is doing better than me.

Hi everyone! I havent posted in forever! But with our 1 year coming up I thought I would check in to see how everyone was doing. I would LOVE to start getting on here more to keep myself more motivated!

Ive lots a total of 85 lbs and Im doing fun things again like wakeboarding and I can run several miles and I dont let my weight stop me ANYMORE! I feel like that was what the band was supposed to help me do (get my life back)

But like all the rest of us its SUCH a struggle! I had NO clue it was going to be this difficult. I exercise everyday I try to not eat bad. But like someone was saying when you know that icecream goes down easy, no chewing and chewing and chewing and it taste delicous it become the easy out!

I think overall though we are doing what we set out to do and if we keep it up eventually we will all be where we want to be! CONGRATS EVERYONE ON 1 YEAR!!!!!!!!!

I stepped on the scale today and realized I was 2 lbs under goal. No idea when it happened because I haven't been paying attention.

I am 173 lbs as of today, 11 months post surgery. :biggrin:

Hi everyone! I havent posted in forever! But with our 1 year coming up I thought I would check in to see how everyone was doing. I would LOVE to start getting on here more to keep myself more motivated!

Ive lots a total of 85 lbs and Im doing fun things again like wakeboarding and I can run several miles and I dont let my weight stop me ANYMORE! I feel like that was what the band was supposed to help me do (get my life back)

But like all the rest of us its SUCH a struggle! I had NO clue it was going to be this difficult. I exercise everyday I try to not eat bad. But like someone was saying when you know that icecream goes down easy, no chewing and chewing and chewing and it taste delicous it become the easy out!

I think overall though we are doing what we set out to do and if we keep it up eventually we will all be where we want to be! CONGRATS EVERYONE ON 1 YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Look how far you have come! -85 lbs, WOW!

I stepped on the scale today and realized I was 2 lbs under goal. No idea when it happened because I haven't been paying attention.

I am 173 lbs as of today, 11 months post surgery. :)

Under your goal? You may even be more since you have another month to go, Congrats to all the Sexy Septembers!

my 1 year bandiversary was yesterday, 9-1-10. i know alot of us had surgery that day. i am proud to report that i have lost a total of 88 pounds! my starting wt. was 235, and yesterday i was 147. it has been a struggle with the band and learning new ways of eating, but i don't regret any of it. i just wish i had done it several years ago. i hope everyone with the 1 year anniversary this month is doing well and losing wt. still. and if you are at a plateau, don't give up! the band is a wonderful tool, but not a miracle worker, it is still up to us to do the work. HAPPY BANDIVERSARY SEXY SEPTEMBERS!!!

Great job! My anniversary was yesterday also, and I am pleased to say that I have lost 83 lbs and am 10 lbs from goal. I agree that the LAP-BAND® has been a great aid, but it is still a decision everyday to eat healthy. I am having a bit of problems however with not being able to keep a fill. My dr removed all of my fill and will try to add it back in very small doses. She is worried that my band may have slipped. I have not had problems swallowing, but moreso with digesting food. Has anyone else had this, or any problems? Regardless, I will work it. Congrats everyone!

Hi again all...Like some of you, I have not been on here in forever.. :smile: One year is upon us and thought I would see how you are all doing. I have not lost the weight I hoped to, and the restriction in my band is all over the place, some days it feels tight and other days, nothing. I am 33 pounds down, and have not lost much the past 4 months. I think I have learned to eat "around" the band. Still can not manage to eat without drinking water...so..I have to get back to basics..and log on here and "keep the faith" Congrats to all of you who are loosing..

Kimberly

I am attending a get together in Chicago of several others who are at different levels of this jouney. Have you tried blogging ? I find that keeping a blog/journey of my days is helping me to stay focused. It is difficult to believe our bandiversary is almost here already!

Hi there Dee..

When you going to Chicago? I would love to go.

Jody is pregnant...you are all loosing so much!! This is exciting. I think I can..I think I can..I think I can...lol

J. I wish I could tell you about slippage. I can't say that I know. All I know is that I am in the predicament of not losing anymore weight myself. I am still exercising but I eat horribly. I am back on sweets hard. I have tried not to mess with them but it seems my body won't let me. I feel like a relapsed addict. I execise but I don't think that even that is enough. I work out about an hour and a half per day. I think that now I must up it til at least 2.5 per day just to lose weight. I know this to be true because I watch my intake and exercise both morning and afternoon and only lose 5 pounds. That discourage me for a while becuase that used to be and easy 10 pounds lost. I have only lost 70 pounds. I am sooo discourage at times. I don't know what else to do. All I know is I NEED to lose more weight and now I know I won't my 100 by my bandiversary.

Hey you....How can you say ONLY 70 pounds...OMG!! That is GREAT! Please don't be discouraged!

You are an inspiration to me...

Kimberly

That is wonderful. Congratulations!!!!

Sounds like everyone is still plugging away at it, although I know it's not easy. I hit a plateau a few months back, I was alright with it since my husband and I were trying to conceive. Well I probably won't be on here for a while because I am finally pregnant. We've tried for 6 years and the surgery was a plus for helping with pregnancy. I am pregnant with twins so I probably won't be on here until January after they are delivered. I will surely need some motivation after a pregnancy weight gain. I have noticed that I am very conscious of what I eat, so hopefully I don't go overboard on my eating. :smile: Thanks for everyone's support through the first 9 months of "band life"!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile::thumbup::):thumbup:

I am like you. I was banded on Sept 10th 2009 and only lost 35 pounds. I keep telling myself that I lost 35 pounds without even trying, so that is good... But I am upset about it, because my friend who was banded 6 months after me has lost over 60 pounds. I feel like a failure... but I am gonna keep trying... Good luck...