Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Just checking in with everyone! I am at 35lbs and very happy. Leaving for Hawaii in 2 and I'm very excited. Amanda, I am glad you had fun on vacation and looks like your back on track. Amanda, I wish you would do a blog, you have so much information you could share with us!

Kimberly, I know what you mean, we are all over the whole dieting thing lol

:o

How is everyone else?

Just checking in with everyone! I am at 35lbs and very happy. Leaving for Hawaii in 2 and I'm very excited. Amanda, I am glad you had fun on vacation and looks like your back on track. Amanda, I wish you would do a blog, you have so much information you could share with us!

Kimberly, I know what you mean, we are all over the whole dieting thing lol

:thumbup:

How is everyone else?

I've never done one before. I would have to figure out and see if I could find the time. LOL.

How about some 6 months pics ya'all????

How about some 6 months pics ya'all????

I have taken some recent photos. Just need to add them. LOL

Amanda, you must have taken some fabulous vacation pics! I hope to have some to share when I return from my vacation as well.

My ticker is now past the 1/2 way marker and I am 3 1/2 pounds away from a BMI of 29 which makes me officially NO LONGER OBESE. It would be great if I could achieve that major milestone before I leave on vacation on April 9th.

:):w00t::frown::w00t:B):w00t:B):w00t::w00t::w00t:

I am going to Florida at the end of April, with my hubby, my best friend and her hubby. My best friend is thin...and always has been. We went shopping together the other day and I am only one size up from her. WOW--I always felt she was so much smaller than me. I still feel like I am way bigger than her... Funny how we see ourselves. I am so looking forward to this vacation. I need some beach time. Hope I can maintain the weight while on vacation. :) Everyone is looking so great. Dee, I want to see some Hawaii pics. I was there back in 1982. I would LOVE to get back there.

Love to all-

K~

Hello Girlfriends! I have not been here lately - for some reason I do not get updates to the threads anymore so I forget to check in. I spend a fair amount of time on my blog and reading and commenting on other lap band blogs.

Amanda you should totally do a blog! It is easy, fun, and there is a wonderful community of band bloggers who support each other. I have found it to be incredibly helpful. Visit my blog! And to start one, anybody, just go to Blogger.com and set one up, it is totally easy, the template is right there for you.

I am still trying to reach 50 lbs., I am at about 48 down right now. I have been off the exercise wagon since my gallbladder surgery, but now it is time to get going! I also had a vacation in Mexico and inhaled guacamole and pina coladas...luckily I only gained 2 lbs and finally got that 2 back off.

I went in for my 5th (I think) fill and they took everything out, saw that I was at 7.2 instead of 7.4, and brought me back to 7.4. I am feeling pretty good, not hungry.

I have some recent posts on my blog about not cheating the band, and trying to work with the band. It is a learning process, isn't it?

I will try to post some pics. I have some Mexico and bathing suit shots!

Hope you are all well. Dee, have a fab time on your vacay! :)

Gall bladder surgery-

I was traveling and had some pain that was too much for me. It felt like chest pain, not abdominal. To make a long story short, in to the ER, morphine didn't take care of the pain, but I finally had a stone go through and then the pain decreased. I was full of toxins from a blocked gall bladder, with the blockage gone, the toxins were able to clear out. The surgery I was scheduled for was rescheduled. The rescheduling put the surgery out of the insurance window. So I am going back down south 3 hours away to have the surgery. The Dr. wouldn't let me drive to the first surgery, so the first 3 hour ride was in an ambulance. My symptoms prior to this pain episode were a major headache for a week and a half, and feeling full. Then during the episode, nausea, vomiting, and pain. I haven't eaten much the last two weeks, since I haven't been hungry.

Happy Easter Everyone! Hope everyone is good!

Sounds like everyone is doing great with a few ups and downs. I think I have had more downs than ups. Just when I started seeing the scale move again after a long stand still....I started having alot of gas, bloating and pain. Make a long story short they emptied my band :smile2: I did feel much better. However, I gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks. Went back got lectured by the Dr. and was given 5cc on the 30th of March. I do not feel any restriction and it's like I'm back at square one I can eat everything. I don't go for another fill until May 4th. Just want to thank you all for listening and keep up the good work! You all look amazing!

Gall bladder surgery-

I was traveling and had some pain that was too much for me. It felt like chest pain, not abdominal. To make a long story short, in to the ER, morphine didn't take care of the pain, but I finally had a stone go through and then the pain decreased. I was full of toxins from a blocked gall bladder, with the blockage gone, the toxins were able to clear out. The surgery I was scheduled for was rescheduled. The rescheduling put the surgery out of the insurance window. So I am going back down south 3 hours away to have the surgery. The Dr. wouldn't let me drive to the first surgery, so the first 3 hour ride was in an ambulance. My symptoms prior to this pain episode were a major headache for a week and a half, and feeling full. Then during the episode, nausea, vomiting, and pain. I haven't eaten much the last two weeks, since I haven't been hungry.

Anita,

I am so sorry to hear about your gall bladder issues and surgery. I see this is becoming somewhat common with us bandsters. It scares me abit, the other day I had an episode of pain and nausea and when I was telling my daughter about it (an RN) she says...sounds like gall bladder. Gosh, I sure hope not.

Can any of you who had problems tell me more about your symptoms, and what I can do do help prevent any issues with this?

Love to all.

K~

I had my gallbladder removed 15 years ago after losing alot of weight on one of my numerous diets. The pain is unmistakeable, you will know !

I am about 6 and a half months out and 145 lbs down. Started having issues with skin around my hip bones. Standing up, I dont look bad, but when I sit I get rolls around my tummy, the folds start at my hip bones.

I am also worried my body might be rejecting the band.

I am feeling really frustrated right now. I am going to schedule a fill tomorrow because I am just not losing the weight anymore. I have been battling with the same 4-5 lbs for the last two months. So I have been thinkng about what I have been doing wrong and trying to get motivated to exercise. I have been exercising but not like I should and I have my good days and bad for my diet. Like today was a very bad day. I just don't have any restriction anymore. I mean there are still things I can't eat but other things like pizza I have no problem with. So say a little prayer for me and I restart this journey tomorrow. I also think my metabolism is shot and I have hit a major plateau and if I don't get to 140 so be it but can I least get back to 160. That is the lowest weight I have been in my adult life. Any suggestions? Anybody else having this problem? I did get in a size 12 though and I am happy. Just 30 more pounds! Como on lap-band, work for me! Later!!!

I am about 6 and a half months out and 145 lbs down. Started having issues with skin around my hip bones. Standing up, I dont look bad, but when I sit I get rolls around my tummy, the folds start at my hip bones.

I am also worried my body might be rejecting the band.

Your averaging 27lbs a month ...WOW how have you achieved this ??? no wonder you are having problems with your skin your body hasn't had time to adjust ...... I couldn't imagin loosing such an amount of weight in such a short period of time and why do you think your body is rejecting the band ?????