Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I just got my surgery date today. Sept. 21. I am so excited. My pre op appt. is the 15th. I will have to do a 1 week liquid diet. I am happy to be a September banster!

Sharie

Edited by sharie3

Wow everyone has so much happening today whether its news about their surgery, pre ops or the actual surgery itself. What an exciting day for everyone :P

I had my pre op tests today

bloodwork

chest xray

ekg - my nurse was funny, told me according to her test I could take on any and all exercises on the planet and not worry about keeling over. Tell that to my body after I have hoofed it across a parking lot just to get into the doctors

office :frown:

Well gotta make some calls to Metlife to make sure I have everything in line for my med leave

Edited by tzn

Tomorrow is my day and I just called to get my time. I have to be at the hospital at 5:15 am! The hospital is about an hour away so wow... early morning. Hope all you Sept 1sts had good days today! I look forward to hearing your stories later on in the week.

Just a quick post to let you know that I am home and doing well. Will let you guys know the details when I am not as tired from anesthesia. Hope everyone else did good. LUVS.:frown:

Welcome home Amanda :frown:

I feel great guys! The only problem I have is I can only do ice chips today because of the swelling. Dr. Snow said I should be able to handle clears tomorrow. I hope so because I don't want to get dehydrated. I am not hungry at all, which is a good thing because I haven't eaten anything or drunk anything except ice chips. My doctor did a new thing where my port is right by my belly button and I have one other incision in my belly button, plus one more in the upper abdomen right under my left breast. So i will probably have only one semi visible incision which is cool as well. Well hope everyone else had an awesome day.:thumbup:

I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 and I am 1 1/2 hrs away. Probably wont get much sleep to nite. Wonder...how long before you plan to go back to work?

OK.........so I really messed up today. I am on the Low Carb diet for my pre op diet and I am in 7days with 7 days left to go. I am only supposed to have 60grams of carbs or less per day, sounds decent but it's really hard. I went over by 24grams today!!!!!!! I didn't even realize it, but whether I realized it or not doesn't make it OK. Do you think that this one day of mess up is going to affect my liver??? I mean thats the whole point is to burn fat on your liver. I'm so afraid that i'll go in next Wednesday and they will say I'm sorry Mrs.Bryant your liver is too fat come back later. Can I get some opinions??

Yea for Soco and Amanda!!! Can't wait for all the details. Hope you get to real liquids tomorrow Amanda. The first bandsters of the group. Weren't there some others today? Where are you guys?

Jenno and Amchenai for TOMORROW!!! Good luck and try to get a little sleep. Sounds like some early rising, but I know I'd rather that then sitting around all morning. You'll be back home before you even know it. :thumbup:

It's crazy our group is here and the bands are beginning. I know this is gonna be a super successful group. I loved the named September SlimStars, it will be cool to get a group name. I'll have to go back and look at the others.

Welcome to anyone new for September, it's gonna be a GOOD GOOD month! :mad:

Just a quick post to let you know that I am home and doing well. Will let you guys know the details when I am not as tired from anesthesia. Hope everyone else did good. LUVS.:mad:

I am glad to hear that you are home safe and sound. :w00t: Glad everything went well. Keep us posted how you are doing. :)

As much as I loved the Aug bandsters group, I have to move on to the the Sept. group! I sure you guys are great too!:thumbup:

I got my approval letter last Saturday, and am hoping for a surgery date by the end of the month. Just waiting for a phone call for the docs office to schedule.

They require us to attend one more class for surgical prep, then they will schedule!

I cant wait! Good luck all!

Jodi

Welcome to the group Jodi. Sorry you had to move the date. But the positive you are still getting banded. :)

GOOD LUCK TO THE FIRST SEPTEMBER BANDSTERS!!!! How exciting the month is officially beginning!!!

Also, got a letter from Aetna today saying they got a request for my surgery approval and they need more info and all the info they need is um....EVERYTHING. I didn't know if this was standard form letter or what? My Dr's office has been great and have come across as pro's with handling the insurance and all that. Why wouldn't they send in the 2 year weight history I gave them from my PCP or the Dr's and Nutriionnist notes. UGH...it's got me VERY VERY frustrated at the moment. I hope when all is said and done that I am INDEED a September bandster. I'm getting anxious.

Boo

HUGS Boo -

I am so sorry to to hear that... I hope they get everything figured out for you soon. Don't like the feeling of just hanging out for others to do stuff at times.

Hopes everyone else is doing good. I hope those going in for surgery are getting ready and those just coming back from surgeries are doing well.

:) Cortney

OK.........so I really messed up today. I am on the Low Carb diet for my pre op diet and I am in 7days with 7 days left to go. I am only supposed to have 60grams of carbs or less per day, sounds decent but it's really hard. I went over by 24grams today!!!!!!! I didn't even realize it, but whether I realized it or not doesn't make it OK. Do you think that this one day of mess up is going to affect my liver??? I mean thats the whole point is to burn fat on your liver. I'm so afraid that i'll go in next Wednesday and they will say I'm sorry Mrs.Bryant your liver is too fat come back later. Can I get some opinions??

This is only my GUESS, but I would think you would do just fine. Just be sure to count good here on out. Don't stress it. It sounds like people have done way worse then that. LOL Hang in there, only 7 days left...you can do it. Your post is making me thankful mine is only 4 days. :w00t:

HUGS Boo -

I am so sorry to to hear that... I hope they get everything figured out for you soon. Don't like the feeling of just hanging out for others to do stuff at times.

Thanks Cortney, I needed that because they are straight driving me crazy. Today I call and was half way through a talk with the insurance rep guy and it gets disconnected after he tells me they had me on the wrong program, whatever that means. I called back like 30-40 minutes later and the insurance rep girl I got now has no clue and says it was just put into the system and sent for review today. It was sent in TWO WEEKS ago. Apparently the letter I got is a stupid makes no sense form letter because they do have all my records and stuff. I am wondering if someone made a mistake and the first guy I talked to fixed it when we got disconnected. I don't know, it's just get frustrating. I have my pre-ops on Tuesday the 8th and with Monday being a holiday I really hope to know by Friday. Oh, and when I asked why when two calls I made last week I was told it was "under review" and she said she don't know why they told me that. I swear as long as I get approved I will still sing a beautiful song about them, but I am getting very anxious now. So, anyway...just needed to gripe about todays events. :thumbup::unsure::mad:

Boo

Edited by BooCakes

My Hospital supplies list:

Moisturizing mouth spray -in the mouthwash aisle

quart size baggies- for ice chips, ice packs, to cool down

with, to organize small items

ear plugs

small pack tissues

antibacterial wipes

baby wipes -to clean and cool down with

chapstick -2, they disappear on me

gas-x strips

comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss

clogs -slip ons to wear in, and walk hallways after

clothes -wear in! and an extra pair of loose slacks

pillow and/or something to hold tummy while on the way

home

water bottle left in car for ride home

rolling backpack

-my insurance requires 23 hours. These items don't take up much space, and even if I don't use anything, I'll be prepared

Great list. I don't make lists so always feel unprepared, so I sure do love when someone else does and shares it with us. LOL

Also, Colorado Mom...saw your surgery was today!!! Hope it went well too. Can't wait to hear an update. Take Care!

Can't wait to hear how everyone's surgery went today and I will keep all of my fellow 9/2 bandsters in my thoughts! I had my pre-op today and it went well!

I have to leave at 7am tomorrow for my 9:30am surgery...FINGERS CROSSED!!! :thumbup:

Hey everyone, I made it to the banded side of life!!! The surgery went great, no problems at all. I have been SOOOO sleepy, and sleeping most of the day. I am a little sore, but not too bad (as long as I keep the Vicodin rolling):thumbup:

I lost 8 lbs doing my 3 days of clear liquid diet, so I guess it worked!

And, I was delighted to have some Slimfast when I got back to the hotel after surgery. Luckily, I do not have to do clears after surgery, so I am on full liquids. I just sent my DH out to hunt down some Soup.< /p>

We have to drive home 6 hrs tomorrow, not looking forward to that. Hope I can just sleep through it!

Congrats to those who got their band today, and everyone else soon to be banded!:mad: