Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

GOOD LUCK September Bandsters!!!!!

Hi everyone! i am just checking in and will go back and read everything that I have missed! MY dad is doing better and is being moved from ICU to Cardiac Care and will be there for a few days.

I am back home and had my visit with my nutritionist today.

My Doc did not require a pre op diet, but she does (I thought I got away with it :biggrin:

So 2 weeks of 3 Protein shakes a day and 1 small meal of Protein and veggies. I start this next Tuesday!

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone being banded this week and that I can't wait to hear how everything is going!! YAY!!!

Pookie - I am so glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Your pre op diet does not sound too bad. I wish I could have 1 small meal a day. :party: I will say I feel so much better everyday. I have more energy each day. I will keep your family in my thoughts and just think how much better things will be in a few weeks to come when you get your band. :lol:

Hi- I'm Jay

Im a 25 yr old female and my surgery date is sept 23 and I start my pre-op liquid diet on sept 9. Im a little nervous but I know that this will provide me a brand new lease on life. I too have my skinny clothes lined up!!! At this point im just really anxious and ready for the new me!

Hi Jay - welcome to the group of Septembers bandsters. Don't get to nervous and please feel free to ask questions and we will all help and give our advice. I hear you on read for the brand new lease on life. I am just as anxious I am sure as you and most of us on here. :wub:

I just wanted to check in with everyone real quickly. I am getting a little nervous but can't wait for tomorrow. Everyone that is having surgery tomorrow good luck, I will be thinking of you all tomorrow. Well I will try to post tomorrow, just depends on how I feel. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers.:)

Amanda I am saying a prayer for you and all those in going in tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes as soon as you can post something.

Hi Fellow September 1 bandsters. It is so wonderful going through this with others. I am very nervous for tomorrow...

I definitely have butterflies tonight. This will be such a huge change for all of us. I am praying for all of you being banded along with me tomorrow. Good luck!!! It will be worth it!

Comet - ahhhhh you will be saying hello to the banded land tomorrow. I can imagine the butterflies, I will have them Thursday night. I am praying all goes well for all of you and please try to post when you are safe and home so we know it all went well.

Look at all of you wonderful banders!!! I am so glad I found you and I am lookings forward to our journey together!

Welcome aboard the loserville train Mishi :thumbup: Look forward to getting to know you too :)

Well I got my clearance today. I am so excited. It is really setting in that I am going to be getting this done.

The weight does not seem to be coming off as fast as last week. I am praying to reach my pre surgery goal. But I am happy that I have been losing. That is all that matters in the long run right. :)

To all of you going in or just went in. I pray everything goes well and you all have a speedy recover. Here is a start for a better and healthier us and all going through this together.

Happy Monday everyone and here is to a brighter tomorrow and may those going in for surgery be watched over and let everything go well.

:)

Hi Everybody, well tomorrow is my pre-surgical physical then it's on to bandland Friday. I am starting to get a little nervous. It's totally becoming a reality. Here's to all my friends being banded tomorrow!!! Good luck one and all !

JoLynne

GOOD LUCK TO THE FIRST SEPTEMBER BANDSTERS!!!! How exciting the month is officially beginning!!!

Also, got a letter from Aetna today saying they got a request for my surgery approval and they need more info and all the info they need is um....EVERYTHING. I didn't know if this was standard form letter or what? My Dr's office has been great and have come across as pro's with handling the insurance and all that. Why wouldn't they send in the 2 year weight history I gave them from my PCP or the Dr's and Nutriionnist notes. UGH...it's got me VERY VERY frustrated at the moment. I hope when all is said and done that I am INDEED a September bandster. I'm getting anxious.

Boo

Hang in there to those on the liquids and Pre-Op Diets!!! You can do it!!!

Can't wait to hear how the first round of bandsters do this week. Prayers and thoughts your way as you start your new life!!!!

Here I am - quaking in my shoes! Lap Band Surgery scheduled for September 1st - have to be at the hospital at 11:15 a.m. All these liquid diet people are making me nervous. I didn't have ANY of that. Sooo, I'm sipping my last bit of Water before midnight and going to try and go to sleep. Will let you know how I make out!!!

Best of luck to my fellow September Banders!!!!:)

Good evening all you September Bandsters!! Well tomorrow morning I get to do my pre-op tests ... bloodwork, chest xray (which I am really scared about because I have been a long time smoker ) and cardiogram. Are they going to make me run on a treadmill with all those wires stuck to me? I was so excited when I spoke with them that I forgot to ask :).

I start my liquids on the 3rd and up until today I was ok with that phase beginning.. then I realized omg thats like 3 days away... only 2 days of eating tasty things left (I know this isnt true there are alot of tasty healthy things out there i am sure ) and the fear is setting in. I know I need to snap out of it, I have planned and waited for this for 3 years because i wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into. How did you all get past this??

Here I am - quaking in my shoes! Lap Band Surgery scheduled for September 1st - have to be at the hospital at 11:15 a.m. All these liquid diet people are making me nervous. I didn't have ANY of that. Sooo, I'm sipping my last bit of Water before midnight and going to try and go to sleep. Will let you know how I make out!!!

Best of luck to my fellow September Banders!!!!:)

Wow so the big day is just hours away for you. You will do wondefully and be very successful I just know it :biggrin:

Hello fellow September bandsters!! I too am scheduled for surgery on the 22nd. I can hardly wait!! I plan to start my pre-op diet on the 7th, I return that morning from vacation. I am going to TJ, Mexico to see Dr Ortiz. This eveing I emailed Dr Mirada for more details on the pre-op diet. Which shakes to use and they suggest Lean Cuisine for dinner, but not sure of the total calorie count.

Any suggestions on the shakes?? I purchased Isopure Low Carb, total of 220 calories per serving with 50 grams of Protein. The consultant also suggested Glucerna or Slimfast.

Best of luck to everyone!!!:)

Okay.. I'm off to the hospital.. I'll be under the knife in one hour.. I'm not scared or nervous.. I'm excited :)

As much as I loved the Aug bandsters group, I have to move on to the the Sept. group! I sure you guys are great too!:frown:

I got my approval letter last Saturday, and am hoping for a surgery date by the end of the month. Just waiting for a phone call for the docs office to schedule.

They require us to attend one more class for surgical prep, then they will schedule!

I cant wait! Good luck all!

Jodi

Congrats everyone on getting everything going.....sounds like pretty much all of us are trying to lose weight before the surgery so I think we are in the RIGHT PLACE!!!!

This time tomorrow I will be banded.... I dunno how I will sleep tonight Im ssssooo excited. I did have to do a clear liquid diet today but only one day so surley I can make it one day. My mom is doing the Clear Liquids with me today so I wont feel left out at dinner haha she is awesome!!

IT OFFICALLY OUR MONTH!!!

OMGoodness!! I am so excited for all of us here. To all of you going in today and by the end of this week - my prayers and thoughts to you for skilled hands and speedy recovery!

I am on day 2 of my pre-op liquid diet... yipee (not :frown:) o-well, it is for the better. Already down 2 lbs... which reminds me, I need to go drink some more water...

My favorite Protein poweder to date is the Syntax nectar Protein Powder :P. Yummy fruity flavors (I especially like the "Tropical Cooler" - kinda like Pina Colada) Has 23 gms of protein, 90 calories and 0 carbs per scoop. Mixes really well with Water - and I am really impressed with the flavor! Makes it easy to get my protein in liquid form!

Hi. Saw surgeon yesterday to review test results and left with a surgery date of 9/3. Whew! I was ready to get moving, but never expected to be going in this week. Did pre-admission at hospital yesterday afternoon and will spend Wed. at the clinic with the nurse, nutritionist & exercise person. I guess God knew if I had more than 3 days to prepare I would chicken out!

I'm 36, married, mother of 2 (boy - 8, girl - 11). Have only told 5 people about the surgery. Too much pressure to perform for others, although I know I would have their support.

Hi. Saw surgeon yesterday to review test results and left with a surgery date of 9/3. Whew! I was ready to get moving, but never expected to be going in this week. Did pre-admission at hospital yesterday afternoon and will spend Wed. at the clinic with the nurse, nutritionist & exercise person. I guess God knew if I had more than 3 days to prepare I would chicken out!

:P Wow that was super fast...and you go for surgery in 2 days...Good luck and let us know how you do! I think the fast surgery date will not allow for any negative thoughts or second guesses!!

So...today is oficially September 1st and we had a few from September 2009 go into surgery today....can't wait to hear how everyone made out!! So exciting!!

I go today at 2:00 for my EKG, chest X-Ray, Physical and all other PCP stuff....blood work will be in about 10 days and then Surgery on the 23rd!! :frown: