Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Yeah! That is my surgery date too!!! When do you start your pre-op diet?

September 2nd is also my surgery date! I am excited but as the time winds down I am also getting a bit nervous. GOod Luck! KIT :biggrin:

September 2nd is also my surgery date! I am excited but as the time winds down I am also getting a bit nervous. GOod Luck! KIT :biggrin:

Hi! My surgery date is 9/9/09 in Mexico. I was excited to see someone else from GA. I live in Gainesville and work for AT&T in Alpharetta. Good luck to you on 9/2.

Good luck to everyone with their various pre-op diets! I have been writing down the different Protein Drinks you guys have mentioned in this thread. Thanks!

Well, found out from the patient advocate that I was being submitted today for Insurance Approval. I have never even considered it might not go through, so now it's hit me and I'm nervous as hell. She said it can be like 2 days or 2 weeks. She said as they come in the Insurance Companies look at the scheduled surgery dates and prioritize that way and so she said since I'm not till Sept. 16th it might be a week or two and not to get stressed.

I have Aetna Choice POS II. Don't know if that is good. Anyone else on here have Aetna? I read lots of good stuff on Aetna and then read someone say they were horrible. So, who knows? My BMI is like 47 now and was 51 at the start of the 3 month multi-disciplinary prep program. :biggrin: It's so hard talking about this stuff sometimes, but I figure I better get used to it if I want to talk to you folks about what you doing and the wonderful life we're all heading into. So, for now I'm just crossing my fingers. I also have only told my husband (who's been WONDERFUL) and my parents and one sister.

I can't wait for the future September bandies to start on September 1st. We will all be following you and supporting you through your excitement and nerves. I don't even know you guys but I'm excited for each and every one of you!

Take Care!!!

Sorry if this thread has already been started but I looked around a bit and couldn’t find one. I think that those of us who are scheduled for September need a place to support each other, help pass the time, and not spam up the boards with a thousand approved threads:tongue2:!!! I am so excited to being this journey. So, how about it? Any lost September banders out there? :biggrin::smile::w00t:

Hi I am going for my doctor consult and nutrionist on the 28th of Sept. Cant wait . I went to my first support group meeting tonight. I was in the wrg group it was the gastric by pass group. I stayed and listened it was informative. I was having doubts of which I wanted again until I read the risks with the other and then rememberd WHY I chose the lap band. Let me know how it goes. Good Luck :smile:

I have a question, are the fills/ MD. appt. covered by the insuance company? and we just pay a co-pay, or is this part of the program fee?

:biggrin:

If the surgery is covered by the insurance the follow up visits and fills should be as well. Something I read recently is as long as you don't change insurance carriers then you should not have a problem.

I was approved for surgery then two days later denied by the surgeon because the 3rd party billers contract with them is ending and won't be renewed. Thankful they were able to work out something with my insurance so that I can still use them. (I really did not want to have to start all over again)

I hope if all works out for you. I start my pre op diet Friday.

I am getting so excited and nervous...I can't wait for the band and to start losing weight.

If will be fun to hear about all of are loses together and help motivate each other. :w00t:

Hey September ladies!!

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing...

How goes pre-op diets? Sticking with it? Stay strong!

Those waiting on approval...any word yet?

I have a few more miscellaneous items to add to my pre-surgery purchases...giong to get those itty bitty forks and spoons and need to re-stock up on my V-8 Soups as well as order another flavor of that great Protein dessert shake.

I bought the GoWearFit to see how many calories I was burning at the gym. Holy Cow! Zumba burned an amazing 750 calories last night! I am already going twice a week, but I may add a third day. Burning calories is addictive!

Anyway...just wanted to give a virtual thumbs up to everyone. I am a September 1st date, so I am under the 2 weeks mark!

*HUGS*

Hey September ladies!!

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing...

How goes pre-op diets? Sticking with it? Stay strong!

Those waiting on approval...any word yet?

I have a few more miscellaneous items to add to my pre-surgery purchases...giong to get those itty bitty forks and spoons and need to re-stock up on my V-8 Soups as well as order another flavor of that great Protein dessert shake.

I bought the GoWearFit to see how many calories I was burning at the gym. Holy Cow! Zumba burned an amazing 750 calories last night! I am already going twice a week, but I may add a third day. Burning calories is addictive!

Anyway...just wanted to give a virtual thumbs up to everyone. I am a September 1st date, so I am under the 2 weeks mark!

*HUGS*

Hey Michelle, you are really doing great! 18 lbs already! I started my self-imposed pre-op diet of mostly Protein Shakes and 1 small meal and am down 4 lbs and a full inch in my waist in 2 days (that is always where it leaves first). Okay, so that is Water weight, but still, I am so glad I decided to do this.

I am also Sept. 1. Very excited!

I started a blog at the urging of a fellow bandster, and it really has been fun and helpful. Anyone else?

Good luck to all, especially those just beginning their diets! :blink:

Hey Michelle, you are really doing great! 18 lbs already! I started my self-imposed pre-op diet of mostly Protein Shakes and 1 small meal and am down 4 lbs and a full inch in my waist in 2 days (that is always where it leaves first). Okay, so that is Water weight, but still, I am so glad I decided to do this.

I am also Sept. 1. Very excited!

I started a blog at the urging of a fellow bandster, and it really has been fun and helpful. Anyone else?

Good luck to all, especially those just beginning their diets! :blink:

Way to go girl! Every pound you get off now is history in the long run!

I am now following your blog. I love your candor and attitude! I was considering doing a YouTube VLOG or blog...still on the fence about it. I am so inspired by some of the videos on YouTube, I thought that accountability might help me in the long haul...but a blog might be equally good for me and less "out there".

How many of you are planning to blog/vlog the journey?

I don't have a blog. I don't think I'll do one because I don't think I'd ever really update it. Plus, I haven't really told anyone about this so I don't think anyone would be looking at it. LOL I love reading others blogs though and have found them very inspiring and useful.

We should come up with a standard Pre-Op Shopping List. I have post it's all over, but I can never remember all the great things I see on here and might want or need (like V-8 soups). :blink:

So, I guess some people are on their pre-op diets now. It's exciting knowing September is THAT close. Mine is a 4 day full liquids so I have until September 12th!!!! :mellow:

Edited by BooCakes

Hi I am going for my doctor consult and nutrionist on the 28th of Sept. Cant wait . I went to my first support group meeting tonight. I was in the wrg group it was the gastric by pass group. I stayed and listened it was informative. I was having doubts of which I wanted again until I read the risks with the other and then rememberd WHY I chose the lap band. Let me know how it goes. Good Luck :mellow:

Welcome!!! I am super new here myself. I've been reading for a long time, but with my surgery in September I figured it's time to jump in. :blink:

That is great you are starting, it really will fly by and you'll be ready in no time. Do you have Insurance requirements or will you be getting surgery in September too? Either way it will happen for you.

I don't have a blog. I don't think I'll do one because I don't think I'd ever really update it. Plus, I haven't really told anyone about this so I don't think anyone would be looking at it. LOL I love reading others blogs though and have found them very inspiring and useful.

We should come up with a standard Pre-Op Shopping List. I have post it's all over, but I can never remember all the great things I see on here and might want or need (like V-8 soups). :mellow:

So, I guess some people are on their pre-op diets now. It's exciting knowing September is THAT close. Mine is a 4 day full liquids so I have until September 12th!!!! :)

Yeah, I never understood the point of a blog, but it turns out people really do read this stuff, and it is very inspiring, as you said. I gave it a shot and turns out it is really enjoyable - then again, I like to write. It is my way of holding myself accountable too.

Just wondering, what does your 4 day full liquid diet look like? I am doing my own and sort of making it up so others' diets are interesting to me.

Good luck, your date will be here soon!:blink:

Way to go girl! Every pound you get off now is history in the long run!

I am now following your blog. I love your candor and attitude! I was considering doing a YouTube VLOG or blog...still on the fence about it. I am so inspired by some of the videos on YouTube, I thought that accountability might help me in the long haul...but a blog might be equally good for me and less "out there".

How many of you are planning to blog/vlog the journey?

Thanks! Trust me, doing a blog is TOTALLY out of character for me, I usually do anything I can to avoid discussing my weight. My husband does not even know how much I weigh! (I am waiting until I lose to let him in on the numbers and the blog - but let's face it, he must have some idea anyway).

I don't think I could do the vlog, I would be way too afraid of the searchability on YouTube...I am not telling many people. But I think it is great that so many do those vlogs.

Yeah, I never understood the point of a blog, but it turns out people really do read this stuff, and it is very inspiring, as you said. I gave it a shot and turns out it is really enjoyable - then again, I like to write. It is my way of holding myself accountable too.

Just wondering, what does your 4 day full liquid diet look like? I am doing my own and sort of making it up so others' diets are interesting to me.

Good luck, your date will be here soon!:mellow:

That is a good point, the accountability in keeping up with your progress and stuff. Maybe I'll have to think about it cause it would help me. I wouldn't even know where to start though. Do you just go to a site and start one?

My 4 day liquids I believe is considered Clear Liquids. Waters (propel and sugar free flavored), Decaf tea, coffee, broths, SF Jello, SF popsicles and I think Protein Shakes. I have my trusty "bible" at home, so I can double check and let you know :blink: I'm thankful it's only 4 days though.

I am so tired of people trying to "steal my thunder" I hate it when people are negative about me getting the Lapband. Just today someone said, " people should just diet and excersize" UGH!!!! Of course this came from a skinny person whom has never had a weight problem!

I got my official surgery date, it's the 15th. I'm scared and nervous and still need to finish reading my paperwork. I don't have a pre-op diet, anyone else????? I'm just not supposed to gain weight and have a liquid diet one day prior to surgery. They are mailing me an info packet 2 weeks before surgery which should give me a lot more information.