Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Hey thanks, but it's finally moving again. Down 50 lbs today!:w00t:

wow that is great! I'm still working my way to 50 punds. heck right now I'm working to 40 pounds. ("m at 35). I can't seem to stop eating.

Has anyone been given a fill and told they could eat solids? I did not have to do liquids or mushies after my fill.

No that's weird. I say that because I felt like I had some swelling when I first got mine. Maybe the doc didn't put too much in so he knows you won't have any problems-maybe.

Has anyone been given a fill and told they could eat solids? I did not have to do liquids or mushies after my fill.

I had my first fill on Friday, and only had to be on liquids for the rest of that day. The next day I could eat solid foods.

My doc is pretty conservative and will only give fills of 1-2 ccs every six weeks; I assume that the reason for going right back on solid foods is that with that small amount being put into the band it shouldn't cause too much swelling.

wow that is great! I'm still working my way to 50 punds. heck right now I'm working to 40 pounds. ("m at 35). I can't seem to stop eating.

Loveslady, you're doing great. I was banded the day after you and am down 27 lbs. My doctor and his staff thought I was doing just fine with that amount. I'm not worried about how fast it comes off, as long as it keeps coming off!

They tell me if it slipped its very painful. I too find it odd that yo are at half restriction and you don't feel anything. Do you feel anything if you drink really cold Water? Can you drink that fast? Maybe they put .4cc??? I went to a bit over half 5.5 and I couldn't even swallow water - they dropped me to 4.7cc.

Gen I just got a second fill today but i asked for a 'baby' fill cuz i have had 5 pb episodes in between eating like crazy very volatile. If i find i'm eating too much i'll go back for more. i'm at 5.2 now. I didn't feel it this time not even when drinking the water. Very slightly - anyway I'm on liquids now. PS when you do liquids do you do thick liquids like Soup?

Hi again, Yes I do "full liquids" right after a fill, which includes things like soup and thin oatmeal. But I did not really notice the restriction until I started eating solids. Huge difference.

Hope your fill kicks in and no mor PBs!

Yesterday I got back from a 3 wk vacation/cruise. I gained 4 lbs and was very disappointed in myself. But, I got my first fill today and I hope it will help me get back on track. I hope everyone has been doing well. I will take time to read everyone's posts and blogs soon. bye for now

Hi all... Had my second fill yesterday and I am now at 4cc. I'm starving. I almost miss the foamy stuff when I would try to eat something my band couldn't handle because it seems like nothing is off limits anymore. The Albertsons here had my favorite cookie which was discontinued last year due to Archway going bankrupt... they only had the holiday Cookies "wedding cake cookies are my favorite" for 2-3 weeks out of the year..Albertsons must have had a stash from last year and put them on the shelves.. their experation date was 12/12/09... I bought 6 packages of them. I had no problem knocking back 4 packages in 4 days. Am I insane? Did I learn any lessons? Yes, I put on 5lbs knocking me back to only 23lbs lost. I need to be stronger than this..

I am still on pudding consistency stuff for a few more days now that I had another fill and I am hoping there is restriction once I go back to solids.

Yesterday I got back from a 3 wk vacation/cruise. I gained 4 lbs and was very disappointed in myself. But, I got my first fill today and I hope it will help me get back on track. I hope everyone has been doing well. I will take time to read everyone's posts and blogs soon. bye for now

Hey, 4 pounds is NOTHING for a 3 week vacation!!! You should be proud of yourself! And that fill should help a bunch.

Hi all... Had my second fill yesterday and I am now at 4cc. I'm starving. I almost miss the foamy stuff when I would try to eat something my band couldn't handle because it seems like nothing is off limits anymore. The Albertsons here had my favorite cookie which was discontinued last year due to Archway going bankrupt... they only had the holiday Cookies "wedding cake cookies are my favorite" for 2-3 weeks out of the year..Albertsons must have had a stash from last year and put them on the shelves.. their experation date was 12/12/09... I bought 6 packages of them. I had no problem knocking back 4 packages in 4 days. Am I insane? Did I learn any lessons? Yes, I put on 5lbs knocking me back to only 23lbs lost. I need to be stronger than this..

I am still on pudding consistency stuff for a few more days now that I had another fill and I am hoping there is restriction once I go back to solids.

Give yourself a break. Until the restriction kicks in it is really hard. I did have a little bit of restriction with 4ccs, and it helped with the hunger, but believe me I fell off the wagon plenty of times!

My second fill brought me to 6 ccs and I am loving it. As for a bigger fill next time!

Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to report that my second fill has been AWESOME! I was at 4 ccs and got 2 more for a total of 6 ccs in my 10 cc band. I went up to 6 ccs a week ago today, and have already lost 4 lbs.

It is a little tricky because there are certain things I cannot eat now - Pasta is out, and beef is not good. chicken works in small pieces and lots of sauce. I had a major sliming incident with a couple crackers and turkey - probably did not chew enough and ate too fast.

My hunger is totally under control, I am eating anywhere from 800 - 1400 cals per day, depends on how hungry I am. Seems like some days are hungrier than others, and I am okay with that.

I hope everyone else gets this kind of restriction soon! It is the answer.

Best to all of you - :tongue2:

I got my first fill yesterday. Of course I won't know for awhile, because I am on liquids. I got 2ccs but that is fairly aggressive since I have a 4cc band. I feel restriction as much as possible with liquids, so I am hoping it works out well. My daughter who is also banded with the same band I have, thinks this is way too aggressive. She has lost most of her weight with less than 1cc. Anyone else have any ideas here? Just curious......

Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to report that my second fill has been AWESOME! I was at 4 ccs and got 2 more for a total of 6 ccs in my 10 cc band. I went up to 6 ccs a week ago today, and have already lost 4 lbs.

It is a little tricky because there are certain things I cannot eat now - Pasta is out, and beef is not good. chicken works in small pieces and lots of sauce. I had a major sliming incident with a couple crackers and turkey - probably did not chew enough and ate too fast.

My hunger is totally under control, I am eating anywhere from 800 - 1400 cals per day, depends on how hungry I am. Seems like some days are hungrier than others, and I am okay with that.

I hope everyone else gets this kind of restriction soon! It is the answer.

Best to all of you - :tongue_smilie:

That's fantastic. I am also doing well so far although I still can eat pasta, rice and things like that as long as I chew them well, although I try to limit them. I'm eating the same amount as you and am happy to say that I have lost 7 lbs since I got my fill two weeks ago. I also hope that everyone is doing well.:smile:

I've had an awful cold (or something worse) for over two weeks and have been coughing nonstop. Being the worrier I am, :tongue_smilie: I'm getting really paranoid about dislodging the band. Can heavy coughing cause a slippage? Does anyone know?

I've had an awful cold (or something worse) for over two weeks and have been coughing nonstop. Being the worrier I am, :biggrin: I'm getting really paranoid about dislodging the band. Can heavy coughing cause a slippage? Does anyone know?

Sorry, don't know. Never heard of it happenning. If you are worried call the nurse at the doctor's office if possible. Take care.