Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

I go back today to see if my band has slipped or something is wrong, have only lost about 5 pounds since May, so whatever I am doing isn't working. I broke my toe about 4 weeks ago so for 2 weeks could only exercise in a swimming pool but now am back to exercising again so hopefully something will finally start to work. I work in an office and sit all day every day and that makes a difference too. Good luck to all and will let you know what I find out. Linda

Hi Linda-- What makes you think your band has slipped? Are you having pain or is it just becaause you have not lost weight?

Let me know

Ivarose- thanks so much for your honesty-- I love it- I do some defeating of myself-- I eat Cookies at lunch and I will have ice cream too- but I'm working on finding an avenue for that- I've been very stressed at work therefore I choose comfort foods--- either i live thru meds or I choose food---

Last night I walked 6/10 of a mile- I've clocked it with my car-- I know that if I can master this then I can turn around and go the other direction and get the 1.5 mile route down pat--- there is no reason why i haven't been walking all along-- i just haven't---I'm so happy i found this group and I will tell others about this site too! thanks for all of your comments and encouragement.

I am not sure what is wrong but they want me to go get an upper GI at the hospital. They think maybe I have something wrong under my band. The berriam swallow showed something they had never seen before, kind of a protrusion in my stomach below the band, hopefully it was just a bad picture and nothing is wrong but they want to be sure. So will have to wait and see. They wanted to take all the fill out and do another berriam swallow but I refused. That is when my troubles started when they took my fill out to see how much was in there then put it back it back in and that was in May. Have been struggling with it since. I am really getting discouraged since I still had not lost any weight since I was there 2 weeks ago again. The hardest part is I am self pay and my year ends on Oct. 25th. then I am on my own. Its been a pretty bad day. Linda

I'm With You Tammy Vankirk. Banded 11/07 And 40 Pounds Gone. But That's It. Nothing Lost All Summer This Plateau Is Driving Me Crazy. Going For A Fill This Tuesday The 4th Will See How It Goes. Best Of Luck.

Speed Racer

Linda- I too have had setbacks- I had alot of pain around my port site and heartburn all the time- some foods stuck othertimes they didn't---

I went for the barium swallow as well- I had an inflamation of the stomach lining and the intestines as well- they took 4 cc's out and left it out for over 2 weeks- i gained 8 lbs back-- I took nexium for 6 weeks- I feel better but discouraged because i havn't lost all the weight yet- and they haven't filled my band back to what it was.

Keep smiling and search the net for any kind of assistance to pay- I was fortunate my insurance covers me_

Hugs to you Gail

I too am losing slowly. How many fills have you had yet? I know I'm on my 3rd and I feel the restricting that has been mentioned before. There's a really cool page here on the boards, in the fill section I think, that talks about do you need a fill, exercise, dietary changes, etc. That really helped me look at which of thing things I really needed to change to help move it along. It's moving, but slowly. I hope this helps. I'll look for the link later.

A.

I am actually on my fifth fill!!! I have a 10cc band and I am currently at 8.5 ccs with very little restriction. I was doing the exercise thing hardcore and was losing but once I stopped working out like that I stopped losing. It's just tough when othere people are losing left and right and I'm not moving. I'm really trying to eat healthier and up my protien. I go for another fill on the 27th. Hopefully that will help

weight.png

Count me in too. I think everyone here knows my sap of a story, so I won't bore any of you with the crappy details. (Because life is much happier now)

I'm 11 months out of surgery on the 8th of Oct. and have only lost about 30 pounds since being banded.

I'm still waiting for my first fill, so no telling when I'll be losing more.

My greatest NSV? I guess that I'm still alive and don't weigh over 300 pounds anymore. (No offense meant to those who still weigh over that by any means. We all have to start somewhere!)

I'm in...Banded on JUne 1, 2007.....lost 19 lbs. Have been disappointed in the weight lose. Thought I would have lost more.

It seems like everyone is disappointed that they aren't losing faster. 30 lbs in 2 months is actually very good. 2 lbs a week is what they say we will lose. that's 8 lbs per month. I have never lost 8 lbs in any month except the first.

I am right at 8 months and have only lost 42, but I am getting another fill today and hoping that will get the scale moving down again.

;)

yes i would like to be in the slow loser's club too.

it has been almost one year since getting banded.

the last 5 months i have lost about 8 lbs. big deal...

sheila