Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

Does anyone know the answer to this? I have a large ovarian cyst.. I'm pretty sure that I have to have it removed. If the cyst is removed, will this speed up my weight loss?

I'm doing what needs to be done.. exercisng, eating right.. etc. I'm just a very slow loser.

I'm hoping that this cyst might be the cause of my slow weight loss.

I know.. its a long shot.. but I'll take it.

Thanks..

hi guys!

ok so on the surface it looks like I have had a really good weightloss so far...however...the awful secret is although I have lost 84lb so far only 46lb have been post lapband...and I had lapband over a year ago now!!!! so I am loosing an average of .8lb a week....so I think I qualifye as a slow looser! hehehehe! We will get there...EVENTUALLY at least we are going down (or staying put) instead of going UP!!!! Well done guys.

:eek: becky

Thank you for shareing; :) I was a bit blue because I have slowed down. Was banded on ;2 Nov by Dr. Kuri and haven't had a fill yet but was losing fairly well but now I'm doing the up and down thing. I have lost 10 lbs and am bouncing up and down five.:D I'm hoping that after I get a fill things will change. I'm trying to hold on till after Christmas. Anyway, Thanks sooo much for your sharing:kiss2:

Hey guys ! I was banded Nov. 3 and lost 17 pounds and then gained six pounds back (damn holidays). Just got my fill today. Wow. Am I tight. I tried to eat a slice of bread right now and it would not go down. I could, however, get liquids and a bit of mushed up Pasta down, so I'm able to eat.

I was feeling so discouraged but now I think this is going to work. I really do.

I have am definately a slow looser, I have only lost 27lbs in 4 months, that is really slow, I am struggling. probably making wrong food choices and not exercising. I have a hard time exercising since I had back surgery I can't do any strenuous work. Anyone have any Ideas what might help me. please advise. :help:

Hi Lady737, actually 27 pound in 4 months puts you square on track to reach 100 pounds in a year. You are right on schedule.

I'm sorry about the surgery, that is very diffiuclt no matter what sort of surgery. Have you been cleared to go back to excersizing? You might seriouly think about Water aerobics. The water will provide good resistance, and add boyancy to help with the support.

I am very nervous, but excited. I go for my 3rd fill next week.

I am still able to eat much larger portion than I should be able to. I can pretty much eat a regular size meal. (not super size :) ) I know I shouldn't, I know its wrong, and I should be able to control my eating better. I do eat much less than I used to as I was ALWAYS a second and third helping person. I don't do this anymore.

I am working on all these things....smaller bites, chew more thoroughly, more Protein. And compared to seven months ago...I believe I am making a little progress. Short term doesn't really interest me or bother me as much as long term. I am trying to think in long term/life time changes.

I hope by the time I am 2 years out, I will be into a completely different lifestyle of eating and the way I view food.< /p>

Boy, I'm glad someone started this! I hope I can post a big loss and get kicked out!:clap2: Never joined anything I wanted kicked out of before (LOL)! I was banded 10/30/06 and have only lost 5lbs thus far. I gained wt back before my 1st fill (which did nothing!!) I am currently getting some restriction w/ 2cnd fill. Can't eat bread, meats, rice, ect. Living on Soup and refried Beans. Supposed to go back 1/17/07 for another fill; what do you guys think?? I am tempted to get it way too tight so I will loose something. I'm sick of my family asking "so how much have you lost?" Everyone thinks you loose like you do with gastric bypass, but we all know that's not true! I did start walking on treadmill for 10min 3xday:clap2: . That is huge for me who hates exercise!! Vinesqueen, I think you are perfect to lead this group and keep our spirits up!

banded 10/30/06

389/377-post op/383 1st fill/384 2cnd fill

Turner24

Well, I've just managed to pass the halfway mark. After 2 and a half years, I am just under half way to goal. Frankly, I'm thrilled. I've gone through the depression of being a slow loser, but the more I think about it, the less I care. Yes, it's frustrating as hell to not be losing at times, my average is about a half a pound a week, which is something, and it's downward, not upward.

This is the philosophy that I have come to that helps me not go crazy; if I'm not losing, I'm not gaining, and when I start losing again, I get to pick up where I left off, instead of having gained it all back plus more that I then I have to lose.

Keep in mind also, as slow as it might feel sometimes, 1 to 2 lbs a week is average... not slow. Any faster than that, is faster than doctors really want people to lose, faster than what "they" say is healthy. Half a pound a week is slower than average, but I'll take what I can get.

marimaru, that is great. I am trying to get to my 1/2 way mark right now. I have another 7 lbs to go. The same 7 lbs I had 2 weeks ago mind you! Anyway, glad we are not alone out there. It seems I have slowed down considerably but I don't want to get another fill because I know I'll PB more. Thanks for the update. Good luck.

thanks vinesqueen for your advice on the Water aerobics, I was initially doing water exercises right after surgery but the insurance will no longer authorize, and I do not have a gym that provides a indoor pool. I will just have to wait for the summer for that exercise. But I will try to walk at least two to three times a week to see if it helps.

as far as the weight loss, it seems frustrating because I have not lost anything in the past month. maybe because of the holidays, hopefully this month will be better..Although it seems that most people loose a lot more in 4 months that I have.

thanks, lady737

This isn't supposed to be fast, so just take it one day at a time. I have lost about a pound a week since my fills and I get frustrated too, but I know I am losing rather than gaining and if I wasn't here, I would be in the drive thru line somewhere totally binging!!!

ok, look at it this way Lady737, you said that you didn't lose weight in December... you didn't lose any weight over CHRISTMAS???

But look at it this way: YOU DIDN'T GAIN ANY CHRISTMAS WEIGHT!!!! You didn't gain any weight from Thanksgiving through New Years?

Turner, if you are living on Soup and refried Beans, then you are alrady too tight, and do not need another fill! The band is designed to work with hard protiens first, followed by veggies and carbs. If you are not losing following the bander food guidlines, (and you are excersizing) then it is time to make an appointment with your doctor and start asking the hard questions. If you doc doesn't have any answers, find one that will.

Woot! How many people can say that???

I was banded 10/17/06 the first 2 weeks following surgery I lost 17 pounds. As of right now you would never even know that I had the surgery to begin with. I am assuming due to the change in my food choices I have not gained a pound but have not lost a pound either. My doctor says its normal once the swelling goes down and no fill but my insurance wont cover a fill until 1/30/07. I was just wondering how all of you coped with the none weight loss. I just don't want to gain any weight before my fill.