Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

okay, a friend thinks he's figured out why I don't lose weight. I sit under flourencent lights all day... it must be photosynthesis. I'm eating all the time, light!

ok, turtlers!!! what affects do Prozac, blood pressure meds, and sleeping pills have on the whole weight loss thing? I feel like something more should be happening...while I have lost weight, it has been 30 lbs. in 5 months, which is good, but now I'm stuck. That is less than 2 pounds a week. and what Vitamins do you guys take? especially for hair... photosynthesis - by jove, I think you've got it!

ok, turtlers!!! what affects do Prozac, blood pressure meds, and sleeping pills have on the whole weight loss thing? I feel like something more should be happening...while I have lost weight, it has been 30 lbs. in 5 months, which is good, but now I'm stuck. That is less than 2 pounds a week. and what Vitamins do you guys take? especially for hair... photosynthesis - by jove, I think you've got it!

Wait, you've lost 30 pounds in 5 months? !!!! That sounds suspicously like Rabbit behaviour! That's amazingly good progress, If I see a 40 pound loss in a year I'll be amazed.

I don't lose 2 pounds a month let alone 2 pounds a week.

I take viactive multi vitamines and Calcium.

Okay, I've decided that 700 calories is not nearly enough. I'm back to 240 pounds, as of yesterday morning, so it isn't even working. I've decided that i'm going to eat around the band. I hate to do this, and I'm not going to share how I plan to do it, but it will be with good choices, so not to worry. I'll not be sucking down bowls of ice cream or other stuff that band loves.

I have finals all next week, and I need to be on the top of my game.

ok, I did maybe pull a rabbit recently, but trust me, it took a long time to see any movement on that scale! I mean, you would think we could lose like 10 pounds a month...but no. That's okay. We can do it, even though it SUCKS big time. I am a bad bander - I try to eat well, then I fall into the chip pit...plus I love Coca cola! With a passion. Really. So, don't kick me out of the Turtle Gang just yet, my weight goes up & down...hopefully it will stay down...question: remember Chipotle burritos? drool, drool

So you go and pull a rabbit out of the hat and don't come here so we can celibrate???

Okay, I haven't cleared this Rule with Live2Canue, but heres a new one I Propose:

If you suddenly pull a rabbit out of the hat, you MUST report in, so we can have a party, or at the very least, throw confetti.

Nobody gets kicked out, but you might graduate.

Sorry - I got all carried away, didn't I????

I meant - of course - to say we Turtles really need to Celebrate our successes. Those pesky rabbits get to celebrate so much they're all worn out!

You're right, you're right...next time I pull a rabbit, you will definitely be the first to know. It really might be due to stress - lots going on right now, so if I can stay down through the holidays I will be happy. I feel so far away from my goal sometimes, I don't ever think I'll graduate. Maybe I'll get my GED instead.

I feel so far away from my goal sometimes, I don't ever think I'll graduate. Maybe I'll get my GED instead.

Okay, you've just said something very important. I figure many of our celibrated Rabbit friends see their ultimate goal as something they can achieve in a year, 18 month tops. You know, the ones that want to lose about 100 pounds in a year, and who realistically will lose that amount. I doubt that they are as daunted as we are, those who might lose 35 pounds in a year. At the rate I'm going, I don't even want to calculate how many years it will take me to reach goal.

I think this is why mini-goals are so important for us. I know that we've talk about mini goals before, but it seemed like an excellent time to bring up the subject again. To focus on the next size, how ever many weeks that will take us to reach that.

Thanks for the reminder Carrie. Oh, and you are too funny, btw :P

I am starting to think I am a slow loser. I have lost 17 lbs in 10 weeks. It's over 1 lb per week but less than 2 lbs per week. And, does it really count as lbs per week when ALL the weight I have lost was in the 1st week or two after surgery. I am starting to get really frustrated here!!!!!

And, does it really count as lbs per week when ALL the weight I have lost was in the 1st week or two after surgery.

I lost my first 15 pounds the first 12 days, and didn't lose another ounce till just before my first fill, at 3 months out! Yep. Check with Live2Canoe but I'm pretty sure you officailly qualify. Welcome to the club. Now you have to start your very own NSV thread, and post those babies! Sometimes it's all that will get you through. We are here for you!!!

Ok as a member and in good faith I'm asking for a review of lovecats & carries membership - I do not believe they qualifie and they should have to re-submit their applications at the appropriate time in the future.

Carrie's ticker states 31 lbs in 5 months - that's over our strict guidlines of less than 1lb per week along with lovecats who is also over the less than 1lb a week limit.

Hate to be the stickler, but we are an elite group who take comfort in our security of other turtles and if we let one rabbit in then they'll all want to join. Maybe we should have a denial form of membership LOL

CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss thus far you Carrie & Loves for you are RABBITS as of now - ride the wave of weight loss as long as you can and we'll be patiently waiting if you need to return :)

Wait...what were our guidlines again? I though it was less than 1lb a week - I could be mistaken here...........