Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

There has to be another factor besides calories in/calories out for some people, like Vines and candy. I don't know if a complete workup by an expert endocrinologist would shed any light, but I KNOW that this is NOT your faults. I know that doesn't make you feel any better, because it doesn't make you any thinner, but obviously lower calories and exercise is not the answer your bodies were looking for, at least in the short term.

Living a healthier lifestyle, however, has to remain a priority in your lives, regardless of how it may or may not affect your weight. Basing your follow-through for eating healthier and exercising on whether the scale moves downwards is diet mentality at its worst. We have to make healthier choices for our LIFE - weight then becomes a seperate issue.

I think it's a mistake and a disservice to ourselves to think, "Well, my healthy eating/exercising isn't making me thinner, so to H*LL with it!" I think we miss the whole point then.

Make the docs to the appropriate tests. There HAS to be another explanation, and I'd be demanding answers from the professionals.

(((hugs)))

Okay people, today is Thursday Dec 1st. (My sister is in surgery having her hysterectomy so say a little prayer and send some healing vibes.)

On Tuesday morning I weighed 193.6. This morning I weighed 187.8.

That's 5.8 pounds in 2 days. Lotsa Water, I'm sure, but I broke the 190 barrier. I'm not taking another 1/2 tablet today. I have a headache. We'll see how I do without it, if I can keep below 190 with my appetite back.

Yesterday I ate very little all day. Nibbles. At dinner I had a small scoop of spaghetti and a slice of garlic bread dipped in sauce, then about 2 TBS cottage cheese. Other than Water and coffee, that's it. Also, I quit making Crystal Light Peach Tea. Wonder if that's contributing to my headache? Lack of chemical sweetners? Who knows! I feel good about my weight loss. I have tons of added stress these next few days, so I'm backing off the little magic pills.

Just wanted to let you know that I think it helps jump start a sluggish, stuck metabolism, and it's only good for a few days but I wouldn't want to live this way (wired, UP, and a bit off-balance) everyday. Home issues are contributing, though, but, there you are.

Wow Kathy! That's great work! Congrats on dropping the poundage!

I called and made an appointment with my PCP. It's hard to get in to see her because I live in a different state. I spoke with her assistant and I briefly explained the situation. At which point she said "Well that doesn't sound right."

Ya think?

I don't know if diet pills are the answer, but I've been dragging my butt the last several days, so I don't think 700 caloires is the answer either. Heh, I'm tired of not having any answers.

Ya think? is right!!! I really wish they'd let you try a thyroid med. Beats the willies of a diet pill, but I'm sure it's a stuck, sluggish metabolism. I have lived fat for long enough, my body knows how to keep the pounds packed on. Amazing creations we are!

When's your appointment? TODAY?!!!!!

I think Thyroid med is in order also. Even if you don't test low you can be low they can be a SLIGHT help and much less damaging than diet pills.

Diet pills are GREAT while you're on them (until you have to take more and more and find yourself out vacuuming the driveway at 1:00 in the morning) but once you're off them you'll GAIN BACK JUST AS FAST. Comon...we've all tried those. The gain factor is a killer. If they worked LONGTERM I'd pop 'em in a sec. But that Yin for the Yang is a killer.

Also...much as I loved my phen/fen days and as well as they worked for WL I paid dearly with short term memory loss. Really, after a few months of those people do much worse on memory tests and I sure experienced it. I'm willing to give up a lot to lose weight--but I'm really not willing to be dumber.

Kathy... I hope I didn't offend you with my post yesterday. I have an aunt who has serious heart issues because of weight loss pills so it is a touchy subject for me. Not judging anyone who feels they need the boost. I just wanted to stress there may be other factors.

I should realize not everyone can overload on exercise like I do. I am lucky in that I don't have kids right now so I can go a little overboard on that end. :D

When's your appointment? TODAY?!!!!!

No, it's in the middle of Dec, when I go home after finals.

I am going to insist on answers. If they don't know, then I'm going to insist on the thyroid medications. My niece was on them for a while (dont know why she stopped) and her weight just fell right off without her changing anything.

I think many of our Rabbit friends have been just as heavy for just as long as us Turtles. Last night I was so angry at Jammin Jamie, she's lost 80 pounds, and we were banded the same week. She and I had similar starting BMI, and I was just so mad at her. I was really whiny about it too. Stomped most of the extra long way I take home from my math class. (It takes me 10 minutes to walk there, but 35 minutes to walk back since I'm not going to be late for anything but TV shows.) I know it's stupid to be mad at her, it isn't her fault that I'm such a turtle. But she's not sure she'll be able to meet her goal of losing 115 pounds by our bandiversary, and I'm not sure I'll make 30 pounds by then. I'm angry about the whole unfairness, which in itself isn't fair, becaue she's one of the sweetest people on this board. and it certianly isn't her fault that I can't lose weight.

Kathy... I hope I didn't offend you with my post yesterday. I have an aunt who has serious heart issues because of weight loss pills so it is a touchy subject for me. Not judging anyone who feels they need the boost. I just wanted to stress there may be other factors.

I should realize not everyone can overload on exercise like I do. I am lucky in that I don't have kids right now so I can go a little overboard on that end. :)

Take your opportunity to overload on exercise and run with it!! Now is the time. You will have a healthier pregnancy after losing weight. You go girl! No offense. Really! Diet pills are a tough subject, and I'm sorry about your aunt. The boost of 2 days taking 1/2 tablet really helped me. I'll wait another week before I pop another one, if I even need it then. I don't like to take them every day. I can tolerate the way they make me feel, but not day after day. I do like the immediate results and the boost in the right direction. I'll try it again next time I'm good and stuck on my weight loss. It's not the best choice, for sure, but that little bit helped me. Anyhow. I still like your advice better. It's the healthier way.

I am going to insist on answers. If they don't know, then I'm going to insist on the thyroid medications. My niece was on them for a while (dont know why she stopped) and her weight just fell right off without her changing anything.

I think many of our Rabbit friends have been just as heavy for just as long as us Turtles. Last night I was so angry at Jammin Jamie, she's lost 80 pounds, and we were banded the same week. She and I had similar starting BMI, and I was just so mad at her. I was really whiny about it too. Stomped most of the extra long way I take home from my math class. (It takes me 10 minutes to walk there, but 35 minutes to walk back since I'm not going to be late for anything but TV shows.) I know it's stupid to be mad at her, it isn't her fault that I'm such a turtle. But she's not sure she'll be able to meet her goal of losing 115 pounds by our bandiversary, and I'm not sure I'll make 30 pounds by then. I'm angry about the whole unfairness, which in itself isn't fair, becaue she's one of the sweetest people on this board. and it certianly isn't her fault that I can't lose weight.

Poor Jammin' Jamie. She's just doin' her thing, not even realizing how hard she's making it for you!

I'm glad you are insisting on answers. You are a good bandster, very responsible, careful, and you choose foods well. Do a DeLarla and break down and cry in the doc's office. :) Anyhow, I think it's a good plan. Just a few more weeks. In the meantime, study up for finals! I'm rooting for you. We all are!!!!!

Do a DeLarla and break down and cry in the doc's office.
I did that at the clinic. The fill nurse had fixated on the fact that I won't drink non-fat and that I ate potatoes once. I did start crying and saying how I wasn't feeling heard.

I got very, very angry in the office, so any I couldn't speak.

I had all the workups done with a special endocrinologist when I was 20 - so 4 years ago. And I got tested for early signs of diabetes - drank the sugary stuff and everything came out ok - I even had an ultrasound of my gall bladder and everything came out ok. But since then I've been on a variety of diet pills including a few different prescription ones.

I don't due adktins anymore although I have in the past.

Ladies, I had a bad week but in my defense I've been fighting off some bug - felt very tired with a sore throat and a little feverish so - I only did my yoga once this week and did ok with my diet but this morning I ate 1/2 of a homeade bacon, egg, & cheese croissant - which really didn't taste that good anyway. I might have lost a pound from my lack of apetite, but once I'm feeling better I think I'm going to order the original Tao Bo DVD's as I really used to enjoy them when they first came out until my tapes were ruined. I think that might give me the cardio workout I need by starting out slowly alternating it in with my yoga DVD.

And yes Vines I did weigh almost 300lbs with no activity so this yoga 3 times a week makes me feel more active. I'm still loving the yoga and tried QiQong today. QiQong is another meditative physical workout for bringing the body & spirit together. Its a lot more difficult then I was expecting. QiQong takes dedication to proper forms which take a certain rhythm & balancing - I hope I become better as I felt pretty clumsy doing QiQong today. I don't have the greatest ryhthem which is why I was wanting to try bellydancing - maybe I could learn some.

I think we need to add that "Do a DeLarla" to our lexicon!

Next time someone around me is freakin out I'm just going to start saying,

"Oh, she's doing a Delarla"... or how about, "She totally DeLarlaed out!"

:D

Hi *waves and pokes head in thru the cyber door* Can I play with you guys?? I have been banded for 4 months (no fill yet) and I have lost about 5 pounds. I also have a low functioning thyroid (unmedicated as yet) and I am on high-dose anti-depressant meds that can make you very sluggish and tired. I want to start exercising but I get so tired, my eating has improved but I am still eating too much. What do you say - Do I qualify??