Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

We understand your frustration Apple. But at least that 12# loss is not a 12 pound gain, right? That's what keeps me going with my 5 ounce a week loss.

Welcome to the Turtle Tribe Apple!

We feel your pain Apple - welcome aboard the Turtle train!

Hey Vines - At 5 ounces a week, your 20% better than me!! My whopping 4 oz a week is really burning up the track!

I did have an NSV though. Two, of the same vein, really. I went shopping. I am officially a size 16 now. All the 16 pants in the department store fit. I didn't like the way they looked on me, so I didn't but anything, but the big news is they did fit. So I came home and I went through my closet. Everything fit (clothes I haven't worn in years) - or was too big and looked sloppy. So I took all my size 16W and 18 pants to the tailor this morning and had them taken in. She took in 3 inches off the waist and a bunch off the hips! It's going to cost me almost as much to have them tailored as it is to buy new, but this way I know they will fit me like a glove!

I copied & past it to sign.- is this correct when u go to tickerfactory.com?

Done a test - did not show up.

What does NSV stand for?

Vines - Just read your latest NSV. You and I are phenotype opposites! I have ginormous thighs and butt that keep me from going dwon another size, but a waist that needs to be taken in everytime I find something that fits the rest of me.

Too bad we can't mix and match body parts to come up with one hot chick. We could trade off every other week.....

Too bad we can't mix and match body parts to come up with one hot chick. We could trade off every other week.....
Hate to break this to you, but we are already two hot chicks. Sorry to just sort of spring that on you...

Hotness is a state of mind.

Those are wonderful NSVs! And you are right, too big does look sloppy, something that I hadn't even considered until yesterday.

Apple, NSV stands for Non-scale Victory. These are thing that have nothing to do with the scale, but they remind us that we are successful no matter what the damn scale says.

Vines - you're right, of course (it's why I nominated you to be our leader! Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you taking us all under your wing?)

Of course we're HOT. I have to admit I was feeling pretty hot when I went out for sushi last night. I wore a nice pair of jeans and a bright yellow button up blouse with a red blazer. I went with a married girlfriend - but if I had gone by myself I could have done some serious flirting with the single guys at the sushi bar. I was feeling very sassy!

Another NSV - I went to Cold Stone after dinner (normally this would NOT count as an NSV but) and I got the smallest size they offer and thought to myself - oh my goodness - this is huge! In the past I would have gotten the medium, and felt deprived, and left wanting more. Tht's a big mental change for me. Also, I didn't really feel guilty for going to Cold Stone. It's not something I do very often - and I enjoyed it.

Thanks, Vines, for reminding that I AM HOT!

This might be a whole new thread, but I was wondering if any of my fellow Turtles feel the same as me. I don't know if this is right, but I feel like surrounding my surgery (especially afterwards) I was not emotionally prepared for this new way of life. I still had the same brain, even though my stomach was smaller. I still feel sad/bored/happy/any feeling and want to eat. I think about food all the time, where I can eat, how long it will take, etc. And I'm not talking about band issues, just how I would think before banding. I feel like I'm wasting a lot of money because I will order food or buy a dinner and then only eat a little bit, or not be able to eat any at all because the 1st bite gets stuck. But my mind still thinks it can eat it all, and sometimes I try to keep eating even though I am full - it's just the portions I am used to. I think maybe because I was banded in Mexico I wasn't privy to certain programs that prepare you for the aftermath. I am starting to do better, but it has been almost 4 months since I've been banded, and I still have to tell myself that I can't eat certain things, or that I don't need to eat, I'm not hungry, just bored (or whatever). It's kinda hard to do alone, I was wondering if this emotional reconciliation between what was and what now is is the issue for any other Turtles out there, but maybe that's why some of us have had slow weight loss? I am just now realizing all this, but I definitely feel that maybe once my mind catches up with my new stomach, I will lose more weight faster, because I won't be thinking like the old me!?!? Let me know what you think....

That being true Megan. I can see that by looking at your ticker :) I don't know if I'm ready for that trama though. I'll probably do it though.

So, are we sea turtles or land turtles? Some days I feel like I'm that 100 year old giant Galopogas Tortus... and not just metaphorically...

VINES!!!!!!!!! I was so excited to see that after I being gone for 2 weeks - come back to find you now have a ticker - way to go!!!! Turtle power! :rolleyes: You've made my night :P Embrace it

so I have to drive to Kansas City to be filled by Dr. Stephen Malley.

Hey there girl! Dr. Malley is my aftercare Dr. too - isn't he great? He's always so calm, quiet and confident :rolleyes: I like him. I am going for a fill soon too - I called and left a message so it will be this Weds or Next Weds.

Carrie!!!!! Yes Yes Yes!!!! I won't quote your whole post but I am right there with ya, girl! This "getting my brain banded" has been on my mind for days now and I was just about to start a thread. If I manage to get it done tonight I'll post the link and you can join me there. I have lots of opinions.

I was banded in Mx, too, but I don't really think that left me ill-prepared for the journey. I researched for months and months and had a very vivid picture of banded life, so I have been surprised by nothing, even the fact that I am a turtle. Nope, not surprised at all. And I have been banded 7 months now. There is hope for us...let's explore it. I'll go start the thread and come back with the link. See you there!!!

Carrie - yes I can relate, but not because of the aftercare issue - I was banded in MX and know the resources are there if I utilize them, but I need to change my mindset - its different than what your going through but what I go through is I freak out that I will lose weight and then for some reason will have to fly solo without the band and then I will gain it all back because I am not conisistent with my eating patterns - thats why I need to get into a good pattern so if one day God forbid I lose my band - I want to be able to do it on my own and be strong enough to stay with it. Right now I can't do it without my band - but I feel like there is this ticking time clock everyday.....weird....I'm trying to figure it out and get a handle on my patterns - this is my only chance - I couldn't financially afford to get another band if I have to have this one removed and it really freaks me out.

Okay, I started a new thread with the brain-banding topic. Thanks Carrie. Here's the link.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?p=126354#post126354

candy, I get those same feelings, too...like this is my last chance and hurry up and lose the weight so if I erode and lose my band...I'll have "fixed myself" enough and maybe I won't gain it back. I'm in a hurry!!! And that's why. "what if I lose my band". Ouch.