Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

Please add me to this list After looking into my Journal and exercise program after 42 day's of working out ( HARD ) I only lost 3 pound"s in the last 81 day's of my journal I have only lost 23 pounds.

I figured my problem out I was over exercising! & not enough calorie's intake.

well every one take care and hope in time you will all meet your goal's. JOHNQ

sorry John, you are definately a Rabbit! You've lost over 100 pounds so there is no way you qualify for Turtle status! Hurrah!

I did start a thread called "Winded Wabbits" specifically for you Rabbits who've slowed down and are perhaps on an extended plateau. There's been a lot of interest shown by Rabbits who would like to join our Turtle Tribe. I figured that I would start that thread so that all y'all could specifically discuss your specific issues, issues that we of the Turtle Tribe just cannot relate to. (not that we don't want to relate to them, it's just that our reality is different from yours) :)

In the last 2 and a half months, you have lost what it took me 7 months to lose :D so there is no way you are a Turtle (Yay! for you!)

Only a fellow turtle can relate to this one -

I've been banded for 13 months now, and I'm a closet bandster (thank goodness!).

Anyway, for the first time, someone has noticed that I have lost weight - and two people this week, my hairstylist and my neighbor, said I 'looked good' and 'are you doing something different?'.

They weren't quite sure what it was - just that I looked better. It's taking a while, but I guess I'm getting there!

That's so great! I know I will love it when someone says that to me!!! I am a closet bandster too, which is good for me as well so people wouldn't be all in my business and wondering why I haven't lost more weight.

"I'm taking my own route." -Stuart

ha!

OMG!!! i feel at home here now!! It is such a good feeling to know I'm not alone with this slow process... please count me in too!! (surgery 03 June, down 26 pounds as of 26 Oct, date of first fill) Fingers crossed this will change the current ranking of -26.

I will do as vinesqueen has advised and start looking for some NSVs of my very own.

You guys soooo rock!!

Cheers

I will gladly join...I feel like a turtle on crutches. Embarrassingly, I have lost only 36 pounds in 2 years. I relied on the band to do the work and didn't want to think about dieting...I'm a failure, but am willing to jump back on the "band" wagon and give it a try as "Slow Users" unite!

Madonna

Banded 11/2002

BMI 41 then, 38 now

Hey Madona, I don't think you are a failure, your BMI is still down, and you haven't regained any of the 36 pounds you lost, right? Sure sounds like a success to me!

Oh, Vines, you are a great leader. I'm ready to pull myself up and get going. I need encouragement. Also, all helpful hints on eating, not eating, etc would be appreciated since I didn't get much aftercare counseling. Should I keep a food diary? Should I count calories? I got the band cause I didn't want to have to do all of this...help me figure out where to restart.

Yup, I recommend keeping a food diary. At this point don't worry about counting calories, just write down waht you eat. Most importantly, DO NO JUDGE YOURSELF at this point. If you have a couple of Cookies, write down that you had the cookies or what ever it is.

Once you've kept the journal for a couple of weeks, then start counting not only calories, but food groups.

Then do the same with excersize. Are you parking your car further away or are you constantly looking for the closest space? You know all the tricks for adding walking possibilities.

Make an appointment with your local aftercare person, it is very possible that you need a fill.

Good luck and welcome. Most importantly, be kind to yourself!

Dear Vines (AKA Turtle Spokes-Model),

Great recommendations! I have a personnal trainer...I only have been exercising 2 days a week...he works my !?>+*&^ off for an hour. Gonna start walking on my off days and follow your advice. Can't wait for metamorphosis from a turtle to a rabbit.

Madonna

Okay, I decided that I would try the ticker thing again. Instead of using the ticker to track my goal, I decided to track until I reach my next goal, 40 pounds since surgery. And yes I know that 13 pounds could very well take me more than 4 months to reach, but that's my next major goal. I would like to be 225 by New Years.

I think it is important to track to these mini goals, all the more so for The Turtle Tribe. If I only look at where I want to be ultimately, it only serves to add to my frustration. I think by setting smaller goals, it makes the whole things easier to visualze.

Good idea Crystal! I'm going to do a ticker for my mini goal too. I have 15 more lbs to lose to get to my halfway point. At this rate I have NO idea, how long it will take me to get there, but we'll see I guess, huh?

Here is my mini-goal ticker, I hope to accomplish this say, before New Year's even though that may be way too fast for a turtle like myself. But, it is something to look forward to, n'est pas? Love you Turtles, and you too, Grand Master Turtle Vines!!!

Guest ShannonB

Amen!!! I've been banded since Dec. 04 and went from 243 to 208. Can we say 'slug'? Part of it may be due to my port has flipped so I can not get a fill as current and my gall bladder needs to come out. Ah well, all things will be fixed in time.

Shannon

banded 12/13/04

243/208/hopefully 150