Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

OMG that is so awesome! ok you've convinced me...i'm heading the WW way as well...going to kick my weight's ass!

:scared2: Heehee!! Thanks! I'm so excited!

I wish you the best, and please let us know how it's going!!!!

I only get 25 points, sigh. I do work out though, so I get extra.

I'm doing the WW online too and going to meetings. We'll see how it goes, I guess. I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for 6 FREAKIN' MONTHS! AARRGHGHHH!

I have been doing weight watchers off and on for several years. Now that I am banded I started again and it’s been great. My thought on the yo-yoing of the same 5 pounds is one of two things. If you are working out, you can only count up to four points back in to your daily allowance. So even if you burn nine points you can only add four back in to eat (hope I made sense). The second thing is if you are working out a lot and if you are doing resistance training on top of cardio it could be that you are not eating enough. I know first thought is I am not going to eat any more. That is what I told the personal trainer when she told me that. But, WW does run on the lower end of calories. Your body burns off a certain number of calories everyday. If you are working out on top of that it is possible that you are not getting in enough calories and your body thinks you are starving it. I bought the body bugg (24 hr fitness also seen on biggest loser) and it is amazing how many calories you burn during the day. So I took my trainers advice and the days I did cardio and resistance training I ate up to 5 "allowance" points (i divided the 35 pts WW gives by 7 days in week). What do you know??? I lost weight. I did it again and the next week I lost weight again. I got out of that yo-yo and it has been great. It is just an idea but I thought I would share. Hope it helps and good luck.

Really quick I have to say I love WW and also can’t say enough about the body bugg. It has really helped me open my eyes as to how much activity I am truly doing. It is very motivating too. If you have even played with the idea, it is worth every penny. Really it is and I am not someone with extra money lying around.

ok i will be joining the online ww in a wk or so. i will be viewing the material this weekend and will start useing it. im on my way to nyc this weekend so i hope to do alot of walking and see how that goes. and it will be hot there so alot of drinking Water.

Uh, excuse me... Shape-ups for $68:ohmy: Do you happen to know where? I am really wanting a pair of those!!!!

I have been doing weight watchers off and on for several years. Now that I am banded I started again and it’s been great. My thought on the yo-yoing of the same 5 pounds is one of two things. If you are working out, you can only count up to four points back in to your daily allowance. So even if you burn nine points you can only add four back in to eat (hope I made sense). The second thing is if you are working out a lot and if you are doing resistance training on top of cardio it could be that you are not eating enough. I know first thought is I am not going to eat any more. That is what I told the personal trainer when she told me that. But, WW does run on the lower end of calories. Your body burns off a certain number of calories everyday. If you are working out on top of that it is possible that you are not getting in enough calories and your body thinks you are starving it. I bought the body bugg (24 hr fitness also seen on biggest loser) and it is amazing how many calories you burn during the day. So I took my trainers advice and the days I did cardio and resistance training I ate up to 5 "allowance" points (i divided the 35 pts WW gives by 7 days in week). What do you know??? I lost weight. I did it again and the next week I lost weight again. I got out of that yo-yo and it has been great. It is just an idea but I thought I would share. Hope it helps and good luck.

Really quick I have to say I love WW and also can’t say enough about the body bugg. It has really helped me open my eyes as to how much activity I am truly doing. It is very motivating too. If you have even played with the idea, it is worth every penny. Really it is and I am not someone with extra money lying around.

Steph, thanks for all that great advice. The Body Bugg is also something I will consider in the future if WW starts to fail on me (or I on it! :confused:). Sometimes we crash and need something new. I've only heard good things about it.

It might start being especially helpful when I get closer to my goal and it's harder during that time.

ok i will be joining the online ww in a wk or so. i will be viewing the material this weekend and will start useing it. im on my way to nyc this weekend so i hope to do alot of walking and see how that goes. and it will be hot there so alot of drinking Water.

Welcome china, and good luck! Let us know how you're doing with it! Another good thing about WW, if you have a pedometer, you can even gain a few extra points here and there for that too. :smile2:

Uh, excuse me... Shape-ups for $68:ohmy: Do you happen to know where? I am really wanting a pair of those!!!!

LOL sorry crzy, I really don't remember where it was. I wish I did! I want an extra pair now. One for work and one for home... :thumbup:

ok im back from nyc and it was hot as hell there since friday evening i have been drinking liquid as im really tight for some reason. i tried a slice of mango and go totally sick so didn't even try and eat any more. today is did have

b- med coffee w/whey and splenda

l-sm chix noodle Soup w/4crackers

d-refried Beans w/cheese, sour cream

s-.5cup of string beans over cooked:bored:

32oz Water w/ c.lite in it

i feel ok just tired i think becuz im not eating enough just dont want to go get any cc's out cuz i dont want to gain what i have lost. i did do the adding up the points based on what someone said on here and i would have to eat like 43points thats alot. so i think i have to educate myself more on this. but, im willing to try it out. maybe everyone here can help me out. going to go into the weight watchers place and speak with the lady over there and see if she can answer some questions for me and so fourth. so i will get back to ya later.

ok im back from nyc and it was hot as hell there since friday evening i have been drinking liquid as im really tight for some reason. i tried a slice of mango and go totally sick so didn't even try and eat any more. today is did have

b- med coffee w/whey and splenda

l-sm chix noodle Soup w/4crackers

d-refried Beans w/cheese, sour cream

s-.5cup of string Beans over cooked:bored:

32oz Water w/ c.lite in it

i feel ok just tired i think becuz im not eating enough just dont want to go get any cc's out cuz i dont want to gain what i have lost. i did do the adding up the points based on what someone said on here and i would have to eat like 43points thats alot. so i think i have to educate myself more on this. but, im willing to try it out. maybe everyone here can help me out. going to go into the weight watchers place and speak with the lady over there and see if she can answer some questions for me and so fourth. so i will get back to ya later.

Hi and welcome back!

It's true, that is not enough food. It makes perfect sense on why you don't have any energy.

I was once too tight, just like you and I did have a good amount removed. I won't lie, I gained 4 Lbs... however that's long gone and I am STILL losing weight. So, take it from an experienced one. Besides, remaining too tight will only lead you down a wrong path, possibly including losing your band indefinitely. I'm sure you wouldn't want that to happen.

Weight Watchers is the most wonderful plan I think I have ever found. I have more energy on this plan than I think I've ever had. This is the best I've ever felt on a weight loss plan. I imagine I'll stick with this for life. After all it is all about weight management too. :thumbup:

hey hows it going. thanks so much for responding i have posted on some sites and never got a responce back. well i did go into the office this morning and had .6cc's removed and it doesnt feel as tight. i still dont feel like eating so we will see. i did go to ww and they told me to come back at 530 today and speak with the leader that handles people how have 50+ lbs to loose. so im gonna see what happens. i did learn that for a monly pass its 40 a month with unlimited meetings and etools. but, to get 3months of the on-line ww its 55 and you get 2wks free. that interested me some. going to ask the lady to show me how it works or maybe you can answer that for me. as i dont have money to waste on some thing that i wont understand or use.

so what do you like about it. does it use calories or just points. does it tell you how many carbs,fat,Protein your eating a day. also i use to take with you before can you tell me what is your name as you already know im china.

Hi and welcome back!

It's true, that is not enough food. It makes perfect sense on why you don't have any energy.

I was once too tight, just like you and I did have a good amount removed. I won't lie, I gained 4 Lbs... however that's long gone and I am STILL losing weight. So, take it from an experienced one. Besides, remaining too tight will only lead you down a wrong path, possibly including losing your band indefinitely. I'm sure you wouldn't want that to happen.

Weight Watchers is the most wonderful plan I think I have ever found. I have more energy on this plan than I think I've ever had. This is the best I've ever felt on a weight loss plan. I imagine I'll stick with this for life. After all it is all about weight management too. :thumbup:

hey hows it going. thanks so much for responding i have posted on some sites and never got a responce back. well i did go into the office this morning and had .6cc's removed and it doesnt feel as tight. i still dont feel like eating so we will see. i did go to ww and they told me to come back at 530 today and speak with the leader that handles people how have 50+ lbs to loose. so im gonna see what happens. i did learn that for a monly pass its 40 a month with unlimited meetings and etools. but, to get 3months of the on-line ww its 55 and you get 2wks free. that interested me some. going to ask the lady to show me how it works or maybe you can answer that for me. as i dont have money to waste on some thing that i wont understand or use.

so what do you like about it. does it use calories or just points. does it tell you how many carbs,fat,Protein your eating a day. also i use to take with you before can you tell me what is your name as you already know im china.

China, of course, I don't mind :thumbup: That's what I made this thread for so you and I and anyone else can get the support we need while working within the Weight Watchers program.

Good deal on the slight unfill. I'm sure you will find it much more comfortable to eat. The band was not placed on our bellies to be a "choke chain" as I've heard it called before. It's only meant for us to feel fuller and longer than a normal person. That's all. It was NEVER designed to prevent us from eating altogether.

I find the WW Online version to be extremely convenient, and as you've already seen much less expensive. Someone here even mentioned that WW can be a bit negative toward anyone who has had WLS. I hope that doesn't happen to you. If you need any help, I'm glad to. I posted a print screen of what the program looks like online. You'll see on the bottom right is a ticker system that makes sure you are getting your proper hydration and nutrition while staying within your points. I've found this extremely helpful!

Irene

Talk soon!

post-224357-13813138609792_thumb.jpg

logo_print.gif

dots_537.gif

POINTS® Tracker entries

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Morning

1 item(s) Canadian bacon, egg white and cheese on a honey wheat muffin 5

2 slice(s) Cooked ham, Water added, 96% fat free 1.5

1 serving(s) banana Small 1

Subtotal 7.5

Midday

1 serving(s) Packaged BBQ Party Wings, 7 pcs. 5

Subtotal 5

Evening

2 item(s) red Beans and rice Soup in a cup 6.5

Subtotal 6.5

Anytime

1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce 1

17 item(s) Tiny Pretzel Twists 2

1/4 package(s) Rolos 1.5

1 piece(s) Caramel Medallions 1

7 piece(s) Kisses brand milk chocolates filled with caramel 3.5

1 Raisin Bran Granola Crunch Cereal Made 8

Subtotal 17

food POINTS values total used 36

Food POINTS values remaining 0

Activity

30 min Elliptical trainer (cross trainer) 6

10 min stationary bike, slow 1

20 min stationary bike, fast 4

Activity POINTS values earned 11

Check off these important items daily:

liquids

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Milk & Milk Products

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gif

fruit & Vegetables

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gif

Multivitamin/Mineral

checkbox_checked.gif

Healthy Oil

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Activity

checkbox_checked.gif

Lean Protein

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Whole Grains

checkbox_checked.gif

Notes

Much better day today! I really cleaned up! Well got through weekend one on the plan. I did okay, but next weekend I'm going to have to do much better. I killed it with the Sun chips yesterday. Maybe if I remember I can have whatever I want, just in portions of 1 or 2. Also I think I've been feeling just a bit weak so I'm going to use my additional 5 weekly points every day. I have already used alot, but with my activity points it should still be ok. So, I'm using 36 points per day.

dots_537.gif

© 2009 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2009 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

WEIGHT WATCHERS and POINTS are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. and are used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc.

Edited by LilMissDiva

Good Girl!! That Target popcorn is a killer. :smile2:QUOTE]

I am so glad to know I am not the only one who LOVES the target popcorn!!! We went to Target yesterday for school supplies for the kids and I did very well I looked sadly at my husband and walked right out the door. :unsure: I am one week post op.

ok....so, today i really started...lol...so here is what i ate...

b - Protein Shake - 3pts

s - 1 cup cantalope - 1 pt

l - 6 tiny meatballs, 1/2 cup spaghetti squash, 1/2 cup of Tomato sauce & 1/4 cup of shredded italian cheese - 9 pts

d - baked chicken thigh & 1/2 cup creamed spinach - 8 pts

total - 21 pts

exercise - 50 mins on treadmill

hope everyone had a good day...cya guys tomorrow!!

thank you so much irene yes it does look very easy. the lady had to cancel our appointment so im meeting her today. and i know when you go to the meeting as i have been to one before and they were not friendly bout the wls that is for sure. but, i have tough skin and just need them to answer some questions and thats it. i can hang in there for what i need to know. i think the net is better for me any ways. so im gonna try and swing it this month but, might have to wait as my kids are leaving for a disney cruise this wk and me for the bahamas next month and have to get some money up. but, im very interested in it. i do like to try new things.

China, of course, I don't mind :w00t: That's what I made this thread for so you and I and anyone else can get the support we need while working within the Weight Watchers program.

Good deal on the slight unfill. I'm sure you will find it much more comfortable to eat. The band was not placed on our bellies to be a "choke chain" as I've heard it called before. It's only meant for us to feel fuller and longer than a normal person. That's all. It was NEVER designed to prevent us from eating altogether.

I find the WW Online version to be extremely convenient, and as you've already seen much less expensive. Someone here even mentioned that WW can be a bit negative toward anyone who has had WLS. I hope that doesn't happen to you. If you need any help, I'm glad to. I posted a print screen of what the program looks like online. You'll see on the bottom right is a ticker system that makes sure you are getting your proper hydration and nutrition while staying within your points. I've found this extremely helpful!

Irene

Talk soon!

[ATTACH]17403[/ATTACH]

Good job scorpio! Awesome, and it sounds like you made some really healthy and bulky choices!

china, I'm so glad that the online version looks good for you. I'm so sure you'll find it easy to navigate and find everything you need. It's very user friendly!! Let us know how the meeting goes! :(

It's really hard for me at first, but I'm getting it a little more every day. I was so tired and ravenous yesterday... so sad - but I still am within my points for this week. I think what happened is that I've not been making sure I'm getting in enough lean Protein for my active workouts.

I had 1-1/4 cups of red Beans & rice for Breakfast this morning. Only 4 points and it held me for 5 hours! I did two walks already even and I'm still doing ok.

I had some good Protein last night too. I had a tuna fish sandwhich on Roman Meal bread (the best!) and it was delicious. My body really needed that because today I feel great and not looking to snack all day either.

I am really dedicated into getting into this program full swing, I just need to be patient with myself and realize it might take awhile to really get it down pat. Thanks to all of you out there listening! It helps so much!

For lunch today I'm having a large garden salad with tomatoes, carrots and cukes - and on the side FF Hidden Valley Ranch. I also have 2 oz. can of salmon. Need that healthy Omega 3's and lean protein!

I did remember too that I've stopped taking the protein supplements. I need to start learning to get my Proteins from my food and not rely on those liquid calories.

How's everyone else doing? Hanging in there? Need some advice?