Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 23 banding

i have been doing Low Carb for the past 3 weeks (my own decision and had to drop lbs) but my dr wanted me LC this past week. I go on liquids Tues & Wed and eat/drink nothing Thursday. My problem is im the last surgery of the day!!! 145pm ^_^

angelic i have no idea where i am in line. i will not find out until tomorrow. im hoping im before lunch.

losingit i agree with you. from reading other post op posts we will not want anything the first few days anyway. now after the pain who knows....we have to get through the gas first lol.

Daqui - I to was at a family gathering out of town this weekend.....and I'm proud of myself for not cheating also. We drove from Atlanta to the D.C. area and I packed a cooler full of things I could snack on. I was amazed at how strong I was. Especially when my aunt pulled out her homemade Cookies and another aunt made banana nut bread, LOL!

I’ve been nothing but positive this entire time, but now it feels like it’s happening to fast. I have so much to do before I leave for Denver. I won’t rest until the doc puts me under, lol!

I wish you all the best! :smile:

hey toot

thanks girls...i know what yo mean about it going fast. at first i was like "they need to hurry up and give me a date now im like ok here it is only a couple of days left.

im really excited though. i cant wait until i start feeling better. im sick of these shakes but they have gotten so much easier to do.

im not doing my shopping until wednesday night...i always wait to the last minute to do everything.

well ladies (gents if any)

we are down to the wire...how are you all doing? i have to drink a gallon of Water today..im 16 oz in, not including my Protein Water.< /p>

im a little nervous well a lot nervous actually but im not canceling, i've waited too long for this. besides i've already done pre-op diet and i do not want to do that again.

let me know how you all are doing.

Edited by daqui26

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Wishing you all a speedy recovery...

I joined the group the 23rd b/c i didnt see on for the 22nd.I am home and doing great!

I got to the hospital at 730, they did more bloodwork, and an ekg. everyone was so amazing at the hospital. They explained everything.

Did all the regular pre op stuff- got an iv, got something to relax me, then they took me to or and put me out. i was back in the recovery room an hour and a half later and then on to the other recovery room. They did my surgery from 10-1130, i left the hospital at noonish and was home by 1:30 pm.

it was a very positive experience for me.

i slept this afternoon, thanksto the pain meds and i had some shoulder pain from the gas, about a 3 on a scale of 1-10.

the nurses did say that day 2 was worse so to be ready for that. i will let you know

i was on Optifast for 2 weeks and my doctor said my liver looked good! he sure knows how to make a girl feel lovely :thumbup:

He also asked me NOT to weigh myself, that he would weigh me on the visits....

i have had 2 Optifast shakes over the course of the day and some Water, but you really have to go slowly- you get FULL!!!/sore.

i am so happy that i did this!

3 of the nurses that were in the OR did it and one was tellling me- she hasnt had a fill and she has lost 88lbs!!!

we have to be careful to compare ourselves to too many people or stories and need to just listen to our body.

good luck tomorrow- may it go as smoothly as mine did- b/c thatis a GREAT wish for you!

Is everyone back home safe and sound? please check in!

I had my band put in on the 22nd. last night, the 2nd night w as much worse and today was a bit of a challenge but i could drink more Water at a time and i am soooooooooooo thirsty. How is everyone? I will start a new thread for July 23 updates

hi all

i had srgery around 10:30ish, i can't remember the exact time i was in recovery. my heart rate and BP was high and kept rising. the nurse told me it was 104 right after surgery and she called the anesthiologist once it reached 113. i told her i had to pee but she did not want to get me up. once he called back he said he thught i might need more fluids and to take me to pee before giving me more. by this time my heart rate was 117. well after my BR trip it immediately went down to 104 and my BP dropped. went to xray band looked ok, went to my room. stayed there a few hours longer my choice, i wanted to make sure i was comfy with my vitals. when i was asked i told them i was ready to go.

today was a little worse than yesterday as far as pain goes. i was walking around yesterday and im up to abt 10 mins per walk. the NP told me for the 1st week to walk 15 min every hour im awake, im getting there.

the gas is horrible like most of you said, once thats gone i can deal with the other pain. its not bad at all.

excuse the typos, no contacts and of couse under meds

safe recovery to us all

hey july 23 banders...i wanted to check in with you since we are coming up on 3 months banded.

HOW ARE YOU DOING????

hi

you are doing great too, you're under 200 great job. i can't wait to get there too. i have alot of work though.