Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 23 banding

hi

im being banded on july 23. i wanted to see who else was so we could get to know each other. we will more than likely be going through our liquid phases together and it will be great to share ideas/stories.

daqui :(

Edited by daqui26
i can't spell lol

Hi Daqui,

I'm having surgery the same day in Colorado. Starting my no carb pre-op diet on the 8th. What kind of pre-op will your dr. have you on?

hey toot

i start my pre-op on the 9th and it will be for 14 days. im on pretty much what everyone else is doing, 3-4 Protein drinks a day. i can also do a salad or veggies no extras, lol, i love the extras.

we really need a recipe thread under the july heading for these shakes. i've tried a few and i still can't find anything that i can tolerate. i just ordered a sample of the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury but i have not tried it. i heard if you go to GNC they will let you sample so i will try that too. what are you going to use?

i think we are the only 2 going in on the 23rd so far.

later

Hey Daqui26,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back!

I start my pre-op on the 9th to. My doc only talked about Protein Drinks after surgery.

I'm going to do a shake by Visalus until it runs out. It's so good but a little expensive! Taste like cake batter! Then i'll try Unjury. I hope thats good. You have to let me know how it taste. I have to be careful with those shakes. I'm lactose intolerant and they all seem to have just the right amount of milk to make me sick, so i'm on the look out for a good one to.

i went to GNC yesterday and i found a shake that i actually like. its called max Protein (blue jug). it comes in choc/van/straw/cookies & cream. i only have the choc for now. it was $40. to me it does not leave a nasty after taste and its not thick. i just put it in Water for now. i'll try the unjury today for lunch. just wanted to share that in case anyone is still looking for something.

i bought a recliner yesterday, i've read on here that they are a little better for right after surgery. im going to start a thread on here for te tings people are buying for aftercare.

I will be July 23 also! Just got my date today. I have a clear liquid pre-op diet for two days. I will be banded in Decatur, Ga at Dekalb Medical by Dr Steinberg.

Hi everyone, I am scheduled for July 24 th.... but just found out today that i will not be allowed to swim for two weeks before surgery and six weeks post....

problem is we JUST put our pool in, and it is a problem b/c of the kids.... dh asked me to re-sched for end of Aug.... don't really want to b/c i am mentally prepaired for the 24th..... i will keep u posted....

hi

i didnt think there was going to be many banding around the same time as me, im glad you all posted. i started official pre-op today and i go for testing tomorrow. my diet consists of 3-4 Protein shakes and veggies only no extras. im going to ask them if i can have the Jello, sf popsicles etc...hopefully those will be ok. other banders had them included in their pre-op diets. 14 days left.....i have wanted this day so bad and now that it here im a bundle of nerves lol.

Hi everyone, I am scheduled for July 24 th.... but just found out today that i will not be allowed to swim for two weeks before surgery and six weeks post....

problem is we JUST put our pool in, and it is a problem b/c of the kids.... dh asked me to re-sched for end of Aug.... don't really want to b/c i am mentally prepaired for the 24th..... i will keep u posted....

I wonder why you cant swim before the band? :thumbup:

Hi all!

I am scheduled for the 23rd as well. :thumbdown: I have gained 1 or 2 lbs since my last appt. (I was 267 and this morning was 269) so i am nervous my dr is going to be upset that I've gone up. My pre op w/ him is on the 15th so Im super dieting today and tomorrow LOL.

welcome

more than likely most of us are on pre-op diet...how is that going for you?

I am not on a pre-op diet but I started doing low carb on my own last Monday and went from 275 to 269 today:) I was 267 at my last appt the end of May so I didnt try to keep it off since I wasnt sure I was going to be approved. (Silly, I know).

lol -you know those were my thoughts too...i was like until im approved im going to just kick back and go with the flow. of course extra weight gained is extra to lose but still i did it. there's also a class i have to go to before i can have my surgery, the class is on the 20th, lol. i did not want to do a band lifestyle change class until i knew i was getting the band.

hi all

i know we have been quiet on this thread but i just had to post because we are getting so close to "our" day. i hope you all are staying positive on your pre-op diets if you have one. i always thoight people who said it got easier was just talking but it really did get better. i attended a family gathering on saturday and did not cheat.

im sure i'll be posting again before the 23rd but if not i want to wish you all the best.