Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Group- 5 day Pouch Test

Hey Everyone who is stuck on a plateau, not loosing weight, emotionally frusterated. US TOO! So on monday we are going to do a Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test. I am excetet to see the different results we will see from so many people being in different stages of the lapband journey.

I am here to support others just as you are. Alright lets get started monday will be day 1 of 5. Introduce your selves everyone who is jumping in......I will start.

my name is leah, I have 3 kids, hubby, and live in oregon.

my max weight is 275 #'s, surgery 5/19/09- 240 #'s, current 226#'s, goal- 150 #'s

My main modivator is to feel comfortable in my own skin, and to be able to keep up with the family hiking, biking ect. I just dispise it when they say "wait up for mom"

HERE WE GO!

I'm going to join you just because I need to get back to eating right! Had a great week the week before and then DH was in the hospital last week so missed my exercise and normal eating habits.

4 kids, homeschool, work from home FT, live in AL.

HW - 277

CW - 185

GW - 150

A L M O S T there...... :tongue_smilie:

now I am able to say to my family -- I'LL WAIT UP FOR YOU! :)

I just finished up with liquids -- YAY!!! :wink2:

However, I found a Starbucks frappuccino recipe and made it last night. I added a scoop of Protein to it and substituted splenda for the sugar. I didn't use chocolate Syrup but used the chocolate Protein mix instead. It was GREAT!!

A nice treat for hot summer days, without the cost! Can be made with or without the chocolate syrup (I used chocolate protein). For a change, substitute vanilla ice cream for the sugar and ice (I guess you could try the fat free stuff? :)).

7 min | 6 min prep

SERVES 2 , 16 oz. each

· 3/4 cup coffee (double strength and cold)

· 1 cup low-fat milk

· 3 tablespoons sugar

· 2 cups ice (crushed seems to work a little better)

· 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup or maybe the fat-free caramel flavor??

1. Blend all ingredients in blender and enjoy!

I absolutely LOVE what this does for me -- it helps me regain control of my eating again but best of all -- I've lost 5 POUNDS already!! :wink2:

SkinnyOneDay -- go to the recipes section in food and nutrition and there is a sticky with tons of liquids recipes. Also, I always buy the "nicer" (if you can call it that) Soups when I am on liquids such as Progresso cream of mushroom rather than Campbell's. There is definitely a taste difference! HTH!

LLBliving -- you went MIA, girl, how's it going??

Count me in!

HEY ALL, Checking in at the end of day 3, I am thankfull for the protien! LOL :wink:

Fish never tasted so good. MMMMM

I have been doing ok, It seems the day starts strong and I do fine through lunch but by the time it is dinner time and cooking for the family I am TOAST! So I have allowed about 1/3 to half of cup of what ever the meat is at dinner time and it really helps. Other than that the carb headaches have gone GOOD BYE< Thankfully!

And I have lost 2 pounds. I know I am not supposted to weight but it is just so hard to walk past the scale....

Other than this life is pretty normal.

Things are going really good I have lost 14 pounds so far. At this point I dont have any restriction and I can eat what ever I want just smaller portions. I am going in tomarrow for my first adjustment. I get to inflate the band a little bit at a time, "the Sweet spot" is where I will be hungery only every 4 hours or so. This is the goal. Right now I am doing good if I can last 2 hours with out munching. The 5 Day Pouch test has realy helpped with this. I had'nt realized I was such a grazer. Not so healthy. So my weight is 226 so far. I know it will take time to loose all of the extra weight. The lapband is a tool not a miracle pill. I think I was expecting too much at first thinking I could loose 5 lbs a week. Loosing that much wouldnt even be healthy.

So we have been doing life as normal. We were given a cherries, a whole trees worth! so the girls have be having lots of fun picking and making stuff. so far we have made pie, and jam. MANY didnt make it out of the field. LOL :sneaky:

It has been hot here, we are going camping with the whole big family this weekend so I have been getting things together, I cant wait! Well, I better get off this thing morning starts really early. Good luck every one.

After friday When do we want to start a ROUND #2 For the 5 day GROUP pouch test for all of those who want to get involved but were not ready to start on last monday...... How about Monday 22nd?

LET US ALL KNOW AND WE CAN INTRODUCE OUR SELVES HERE AND Get STARTED.

In introducing ourselves lets share our favorite receipts!!!!!!!

Love Ya, Leah

I am starting this 5 day pouch test today. I have 5cc's in my band but I feel like I have very little restriction. I am hoping this 5 days will put me back on track.

It is only 9:30 here and I can already tell that alot my problem is head hunger! I just have to make it through two days of liquids and I know I can do that because I have made it through 2 weeks before.

Thanks for posting about this test. I looked it up and it looks like a great tool for getting back on track :wink:

My name is Jennifer, I have been married for 15 years and I have 4 children- a daughter who is 16 and three sons that are 14, 12 and 10. I work full time in an office which happens to be where I have most of my problems with eating- sitting at my desk! I was banded 10/2/07 and was doing good, slowly but surely and than my band slipped in March of this year and I had to get re-banded. I have had some emotional issues dealing with the slip and the re-banding. I am terrified of getting something stuck or throwing up so I find that I am eating slider foods out of fear. I need to get out of this habit and just trust that everything will be ok this time around. I am doing this 5 day test kind of like a re-start. I know I started out this second time around in fear and so I made bad choices. I know how to eat right and how to follow the bandster rules but again I didn't out of fear. I am taking back control today :sneaky:

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome. I am just ending day 5 of my pouch test and here are some things I have see...

1) It is not as easy as I thought it would be. I had turned into quite the grazer.

2) Getting reaquainted with the pouch signals it a great training tool, I too was using slider foods to keep from discomfort.

3) I have found i really like the Protein in the morning. Without it I feel very tired.

4) re lost 2 pounds that had snuck up on me in the previouse week. YEA

Favorite Reciept so far-

1qt chicken stock in a box

1 can cream of Mushroom Soup (wisk or shake together)

Dice and saute 1 slice of onion, when saute'ed add above Soup

Bring to simmer and wisk in one egg. serce when the eggs is done.

YUM YUM

I want to join in on the next round!! June 22 right?

Tina

banded 4/13/09

top weight 260

current 217

goal 150

Well I am on day 2 now. It is alot harder than I had thought, it is very hard to go on liquids voluntarily!

I find that I am drinking alot more Water because I am not eating all day long.

I think I can make it through one more day of liquids and I am looking forward to some Protein tommorrow!

Sorry, I couln't wait till the 22nd, I am an all or nothing kind of person, I made my mind up and I just had to do it. If I would of waited than I am sure I would of talked myself out of it.

Well I am onto day 3. I feel good and I definetly noticed that I was snacking all day long before I started this test.

One goal after this challenge is to get back to eating 3 meals and 2 Snacks. I realize now that I was hungry all the time because I was eating slider foods so I never felt full. I will be making a list of healthy Snacks that are not slider foods that I can keep at work.

Today I am going to try to stick with canned tuna and chicken. Boiled eggs, soft cheese and fish for dinner.

I think making a plan of what I am going to eat is going to work out well. I have to take my daughter and her friend to get their pictures taken for dance and I am taking them out to eat afterwards. I already picked a restaurant that I know has good whitefish so that I can order the fish and still stay on track :tongue: