Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July Bandsters out there?

Hi everyone! Well, I had surgery yesterday and everything went wonderfully! I lost 14 lbs during 2 week preop diet and that's a good start. Today I am in no pain and am sore, just feeling like I've done a ton of ab work. :tongue2:. No gas pains or anything. Can't tell about incisions yet, as the gauze is still on...but overall, I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Today I have been soooo thirsty but am limited to 4 ounces of Clear Liquids per hour...and that's not quencing my thirst! So if that's the biggest gripe, then I consider myself blessed!

Wow!! I pray that I have a similar experience (no pain). I am so glad that you are doing well and thanks for posting to let us all know that your experience was a good one.

God Bless:thumbup:

Hey guys im pretty new and dont know how to do all the fancy stuff yet! I am also getting banded on the 8th!! i started my preop last weds. and do my preop test on the 2nd! I am also self pay because of denial. :tongue2: I hope we all can be good support for each other:biggrin: love making new friends! Oh and if anyone knows how i can pimp out my profile ( like adding a ticker and goals) please let me know!

I'm not great with directions, but I'll try. To add a signature, go to User CP (near the top of the page) and select "Edit Signature" from the menu on the left.

To add a ticker, go to tickerfactory.com. Follow the directions to set up your ticker. When you get your code, two will show up. Use the one that says something like BB code. Copy the code (highlight it and hit ctrl and c) and paste it into your signature (ctrl and v). I hope this helps and good luck...mine is the 7th!

Hello! First post... yes, my surgery date is also July 20. I'm self pay so things have moved very fast for me. Scheduled to start pre op diet on July 7th. A little nervous but very excited!

Hi everyone! Well, I had surgery yesterday and everything went wonderfully! I lost 14 lbs during 2 week preop diet and that's a good start. Today I am in no pain and am sore, just feeling like I've done a ton of ab work. :). No gas pains or anything. Can't tell about incisions yet, as the gauze is still on...but overall, I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Today I have been soooo thirsty but am limited to 4 ounces of Clear Liquids per hour...and that's not quencing my thirst! So if that's the biggest gripe, then I consider myself blessed!

Just saw this post..thats awesome that your surgery went so well!!!! Happy new life!!!

I have Tricare also. My surgery is July 13th and I can't wait. This is one of the MANY times I have been happy to have Tricare.

they approved me within a week.. and I am July 13th also!

good luck to both of us.....ALL of us:) !!!!! Please let me know how you make out!!!

Hi to one and all I'm sean from Southern Calif and I got banded today so glad its over with and am looking foreward to going to the next level.Just very sore and tired but that was to be expected.

Hi to one and all I'm sean from Southern Calif and I got banded today so glad its over with and am looking foreward to going to the next level.Just very sore and tired but that was to be expected.

Hi Sean..congrats from another so. californian....good luck with your new life!

Hey... I'm being banded by Dr. K on the 22nd! (I was scheduled for tomorrow, 6/17, but I had to cancel due to an undiagnosed rash.) I've already done the 14 day pre-op. Need to figure out how I'll handle the next month (eat?, 35 more days of low carb?, something else then 14 days of low carb?).

Hi Robin,

I remeber you from the June group. Did your rash get all cleared up? I also had to move my surgery to July (because of plane tickets and babysitting issues). I leave in ten days for mexico. I have my surgery on the 16th, a few days before you. Nice to see a familiar face in the group.

Hi Robin,

I remeber you from the June group. Did your rash get all cleared up? I also had to move my surgery to July (because of plane tickets and babysitting issues). I leave in ten days for mexico. I have my surgery on the 16th, a few days before you. Nice to see a familiar face in the group.

Yes, thank goodness the rash is gone. Turns out a med I had used (I have a really strong corti-steroid cream for another skin conditon) in my leg crease area cause me to get a horrific yeast infection. The dermatolgist recommended that I not have surgery until it was gone (which it is now). Using the yeast cream prophyllactically until surgery.

I've been having a real tough time watching my eating in the hiatus. Monday is my two week start so I'll get serious then.

Thanks for remembering me!

Guest freedom2009

Hi All..... July 21st will be my new birthday. I am so excited and ready to start this journey. My surgeon requires 2 week low fat diet which I started today. This site has been so helpful in researching and finding out things I never thought to ask. I've started using www.thedailyplate.com and that is going to be very helpful in keeping track of calories and Protein etc. can't wait to see how we are doing 3 months from now.

Wow!! I pray that I have a similar experience (no pain). I am so glad that you are doing well and thanks for posting to let us all know that your experience was a good one.

God Bless:thumbup:

Isn't that the truth!! I'm in the fifth day of my pre-op diet

(on the 4th of July, in Branson, Mo, with the extended family,

aaaggrrrr) doing great and excited about surgery on July 9.

Hope it goes well for me as well. Never had surgery of any kind.

Pretty nervous bout that. Oh well I'll keep my fingers crossed and let

you know how it goes. Lotsa luck to all!!!

Hi All!

I'm a July Bandster from a year ago. My 1 year bandiversary was July 2nd and it's been an amazing year. As you can see, I've lost 82.5 pounds thus far and consider this the very best thing I have done for myself. No, it hasn't always been easy. For 10 days following surgery I wasn't able to sleep well because I sleep on my tummy and was sore. I remember calling my doctor asking if I was ever going to be able to sleep well again and feel "normal". He assured me that I would and of course he was right. On day 10 post-op, I was able to sleep on my tummy instead of tossing in bed or sitting up in a chair. The gas pain came about 2 weeks post-op but that passed quickly as well with the help of Gas-X every few hours. I DO remember how difficult it was to stay on the liquids the few weeks and then the mushie stage, but you'll be able to eat normal food eventually and that's what I kept in my head going through that tough time. I was also very nervous because I had a blood clot 5 years prior to my surgery and wondered if I would possibly get another one. Thank God I didn't have any problems. I had to self inject an anti-clotting medication (can't remember the name) for about a week and everything was fine. I can't believe a year has passed and I'm feeling great. I just wanted to write this to encourage all you up coming bandsters and let you know that there will probably be some rough Patches but they will pass and you'll be so happy with the results. Good luck to you all! :smile2:

Lisa :)

Edited by slim2be
add more text