Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Experiences For The Mayo BANDitos

I am right there with you! I was losing really well, then bamn hit a wall, and have been going up 3 down 2 up 1 down 2 but never really progressing... for about 11 days now... but yesterday and today I was down a lb each day so I am hopeful that this will start moving again... My first fill is not till the 9th so I know how frustrating this is.. Hang in there...

I forgot to ask this question before, but I'm curious. Were any of you able to hear the Fluid as it went in and ? It sounded to me like chalk on a board.

Thanks for the inspiring words, Spidey! I definitely need to come on here for encouragement sometimes. The mayo Banditos rock!

My fill went great - I was in and out in less than 20 minutes, a miracle for my busy office. He put 3.5CCs in, and I could feel the Water gurgle down, but it wasn't uncomfortable - which he said was perfect.

Next fill - 6 weeks from now!

Had my first fill today OMG talk about pain my port has flipped over they tried to turn it after sticking the needle in 6 times not good .Have to go back on Thursday for xray to see if they can turn it otherwise they have to do surgery.Has any body else had this happened to them.

I had my first fill June 22 under fluroscope and it was quick and easy. I was shocked that he put in 6cc in my Realize band. Now I have to be careful not to take big bites or gulps.:smile2: I go back in 6 weeks to see if I need another one.

I went in for my fill today. First the PA that I had must have been in training because she had a difficult time finding my port and had to ask for help. She went ahead and numbed me up and then realized she didn't do it in the right spot so after mashing on my stomach for what seemed like forever she finally found my port. I had 3cc's already in my 10cc band and she put in 1.5cc's more, so I know have 4.5cc's. I go back in 2 weeks for another fill. Next time, I am going to ask for the most experienced PA!!!!:smile2:

My first fill is tomorrow, and I CAN'T wait. I've had no weight loss in the past 2 weeks since starting solids, and Bandster hell is just that!!!!! Yesterday was kind of weird, I had absolutly NO APPITITE whatsoever, I tried to force myself to eat lunch, but ended up just drinking a dsnapple. And I had to force myself to eat dinner last night (Steak is a challange! let me tell you!) And today, So far, I'm not to hungry either.

All I'm saying is the fill better happen because I need it.

It is strange how the appetite comes and goes like that before a fill.

I get mine in 2 weeks.

Last night I made the mistake of having baked chicken breast and it sat in my track like cardboard, no matter how I chewed those small bites. I ended up mixing it up diced in mayo, and still it sat in there like a rock half the night. Not sick, just uncomfortable. I will never eat that again! Especially post fill.

Good luck on you fill tomorrow and a step further to losing more lbs!

It is strange how the appetite comes and goes like that before a fill.

I get mine in 2 weeks.

Last night I made the mistake of having baked chicken breast and it sat in my track like cardboard, no matter how I chewed those small bites. I ended up mixing it up diced in mayo, and still it sat in there like a rock half the night. Not sick, just uncomfortable. I will never eat that again! Especially post fill.

Good luck on you fill tomorrow and a step further to losing more lbs!

I've been baking chicken covered in tinfoil & marinated, it basically steams/poaches it and keeps the moisture in so it's really tender. I made pepper steak last night, and I microwaved my own plate just to soften the steak up a bit but it, like your chicken, just sat there. didn't really eat a whole lot though, about 6 or 7 strips of steak and a few peppers. Thats the learning process for us!

I can eat shaved deli chicken with no additives just fine though...oh well.

I had an aunt who could eat all kinds of steak but if you ground it up like hamburger..the same cut of meat..her system refused to digest it. Funny, these bodies of ours!

I had my first fill yesterday. I have been to see my surgeon weekly due to infection to my port incision. I still have a scab there, but he says it is superficial. Thank God. He ask me if I wanted a fill yesterday. I told him I need one due to no weight loss this week. I was surprised he could do one , but my port is way below the port incision. It was tough for him to find. He said it was deep. I guess because of my fat belly. He numbed it up and other than pressure of him trying to hit the port I could not feel anything. Later in the car it felt like a big bee sting for awhile. He only put 2cc in my 14cc band so I have a long way to go,but I guess it is a start. He told me to make an appointment in one month for another fill if needed. Yesterday was his last day, and I will be going to another surgeon who has agreed to take over his cases. I feel comfortable with the new surgeon and he is in my hometown so hopefully it will work out for me. My surgery was May 15 and so far I have lost 25 lbs.

Since my first fill I have had some weird nautious spells. After I drink Water, Soup or whatever it goes down fine but shortly after i start to feel sickly, lightheaded kind of dissy, and I break out in a sweat! totally wierd kindof like a very carsick feeling. It goes away with some deep breathing and a little bit of time. Has anyone else experienced this? what causes it?

That sounds a bit like what happens with dumping syndrome which I have not heard of with a band. You could have a bit of swelling from the fill, if it does not go away in a day or so definatley call your doctor.

I go for my first on Monday. I'm nervous because my nurse said he may not do it if I'm steadily losing weight, which I am. I just have to explain to him that I am hungry ALL the time and don't get filled up easily. This weight loss so far has been on sheer willpower alone. I need just a little bit of backup! Keeping my fingers crossed.