Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Experiences For The Mayo BANDitos

Hello everyone! I got a fill on Thursday the 4th of June I was starving before I went in so I had a fill They found that I had 5cc already so they gave me another 1 cc so I am up to 6 now and I stay full for about 4 to 4 1/2 hours It is wonderful. The fill was not bad they had me lay down and she kinda pushed around to find my port and then a poke and she added the fill. Afterwards I drank Water and felt like it was a funnel and she said that was what I should feel. I had to go on liquids for 24 hours and then soft mashed for 24 hours and then back to normal I go back on June 25th to see if I need another fill.

I was banded on 5/5 and had my first fill today. I had 5.85cc's put in which sounds like alot. I haven't really thought of food today so I guess that is good!

I had my first fill today. MacLynn, we must have just missed each other. (o; AGAIN!

The PA tried first to do my fill and she wasn't able to find the port so the doctor came in and in less than a minute he found it. I thought for sure I could feel my port but he said it is way down in there so I must be feeling the stiches or something.

They said that I had 2cc's put in at surgery and I had 2cc's put in today. I had some broth for dinner and I'm STARVING! I'm gonna go look for some yogurt or something.

I'm glad that I don't have any problems so far, my biggest fear is sliming, etc. :grouphug:

I had my first fill today. MacLynn, we must have just missed each other. (o; AGAIN!

The PA tried first to do my fill and she wasn't able to find the port so the doctor came in and in less than a minute he found it. I thought for sure I could feel my port but he said it is way down in there so I must be feeling the stiches or something.

They said that I had 2cc's put in at surgery and I had 2cc's put in today. I had some broth for dinner and I'm STARVING! I'm gonna go look for some yogurt or something.

I'm glad that I don't have any problems so far, my biggest fear is sliming, etc. :grouphug:

Darn! I looked at the people I saw there hoping you might be there but no luck.

And that makes sense, he 'brought' me to 4cc, but 2 and 2 would do that. He did say I could have Soup tonight for dinner so I did have some and as the night progressed feel even more full than I did a few hours ago.

I have gotten a bit 'stuck' on chicken but I stood and walked around. I need to take smaller bites and chew better. Especially now!

Good luck and maybe one day we'll meet.

i went for a fill yesterday june 8th...but didnt end up getting one. i eat 3 meals a day about 1/2 cup and full for hours. my dr. didnt think i needed a fill yet, had Fluid put in my band when i had the surgery. did lose another 2 lbs this week when i weighed at the appt yesterday. :thumbup:

I go in today for my appt and I am praying I will get a fill. I am so hungry and according to my scale no weight loss. I will post as soon as I get home!! Off to work out...Have a great day all!!

So my appt went well. I lost 3# in 3 weeks and they put 3 cc's in my band. My bariatric nurse had said it would be 4-5 but I am totally happy with 3. They used lidocaine which I was SOOOO thankful for and she had to poke around a bit but finally got it. I sipped my glass of Water and was free to go. Liquids for 24 hours then a soft diet for dinner tomorrow!! I am so excited and ready to start losing more weight!!! How is everyone else doing since their fill?

I dunno about you guys but when I woke up this morning I felt so tight in my chest area. I am still able to drink and eat w/out getting sick, but my stomach hurt SO bad after lunch today. I had less than 1/2 cup of blended vegetable Soup for lunch. I was still hungry but it hurt too much. I stopped eating and had some applesauce at the end of the work day. I finally felt full after a few ounces of that but man I felt like my stomach was in knots all day. :cursing:

Had my first fill late this morning @ NYU Medical Center. Laid back on the table and the nurse practioner immediately found the port and put in 4 cc of Fluid and we were done. I thought that was alot for my first fill and he explained that Dr. Fielding didn't pt any Fluid in so 2-3 cc's went to the tube and just inflate the band. So really about 2cc's went to really inflate the band above it's normal size. Drank a small cup of Water and was on my way back to the office.

Had a Protein drink for lunch and now I'm sipping Water. So far so good. I feel very little restriction but then again I'm only having fluids. Saturday will be the test when I'm on soft foods.

Next fill is scheduled for 6/25/09.:)

John- your second fill is only going to be 2 weeks after your first?? I am so jealous. My second fill is not until 7-7 which is nearly a month after my first. I am staying really full so far and that si good but I am ready to find that sweet spot everyone talks about!!

Congrats, John! Let us know how it goes. I'm also jealous that you get a second fill in just 2 weeks. I also do month to month.

Melissa -- and anyone else who has had their first fill for a little while -- have you noticed increased weight loss since having your first fill? I'm so eager for the weight to come off quickly again! :)

Hey everyone, I have been laying low for a while. I am still in bandster hell.

I won't get my first fill until 6-23! Not at all happy about that. But because of the way my doctor does the first fill, the waiting list is long. My doctor does his first fill under fluro in the surgery suite, so he can check the band placement and restriction once he fills. I know that it will make me feel better to know the band is in place and everything looks good, but still, I am ready to get going with this. It stinks because we get so use to dropping weight so fast (pre and post op) and then BAM...nothing.. (allright, enough with my rant)!!!

But I am happy that I have not gained anything back, I'm trying to look at the sunny side of it.

I dunno about you guys but when I woke up this morning I felt so tight in my chest area. I am still able to drink and eat w/out getting sick, but my stomach hurt SO bad after lunch today. I had less than 1/2 cup of blended vegetable Soup for lunch. I was still hungry but it hurt too much. I stopped eating and had some applesauce at the end of the work day. I finally felt full after a few ounces of that but man I felt like my stomach was in knots all day. :)

Hey Rosie,

I'm not feeling any different from before the fill. I still get hungry every three hours or so but am trying to keep to around a half cup of food. I have a feeling I'll be one of those that will need a couple of fills for restriction.

The last few days have been better. I still am not able to eat much but it doesn't hurt as bad. Which is good. I'm still dropping lbs. I'm finally under 300 after 6 years! I'm so happy about that!

Hey Mac, when is your next fill scheduled? Dr. Chua told me 3 - 4 months so my next appt isn't until September?

Congrats on your loss thusfar. I do not usuallyfocus on that, but to what do you attribute your success? I have done well (25 lbs) but will admit wth all that I am doing, was hoping for more! Any tips, or just a general idea of what you do? Thanks