Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Experiences For The Mayo BANDitos

I had my 1st fill today. It was very quick and easy. My surgeon does the fills and seems to do a good job. I was given 3cc's & had to drink a cup of Water. I could really feel it going down. That is the first time I have felt restriction. I was really eating more than I should have for the last 1 1/2 weeks. I hope this slows it down. GB

I got my first fill on Saturday the 18th!! I only got 2 cc's (policy) but that's ok. I have to go to TJ for them, and I'd hate for any complications to come around and me have to truck it back to MX. So I have to wait 4 weeks and then go back again. There wasn't any restriction or tightness and the Dr. said as he put the whole 2cc's in, that I'd be back. But I have noticed a little difference. I'm fuller sooner, which is good. And when I eat hummus with baked pita chips, there is a instant fullness. It's weird. Tonight I made a DiGiorno pizza and normally, I could eat like 3 pieces. Tonight it was 1 1/2. So bread isn't a problem but I'm getting fuller, quicker! So I hope the next fill will put me to the level I need.

I'm going on a cruise in 2 weeks, so at least I know I have a little more 'control' now than I used to.

Wow, 3 ccs and 2 ccs? Be glad! I only get 0.5 cc when I get a fill. My surgeon is really conservative. It will take me a while to get to that sweet spot, I believe.

Hope all continues to go well. Restriction is such a great thing! :lol:

I just had my 2nd fill on Friday (7/24) and I'm hoping this one will work more for me than the last. So far, I think it really will. Today I've felt satiated much longer than I had been after meals last week.

The doc told me that I'll probably still need 2 or 3 fills to really benefit fully from the band, but that I'm doing well.

The fill didn't hurt at all, he didn't use anything to numb me. It was just a little pinch, and it was over! I drank the cup of Water (it went down smoothly) and I was outta there!

I'm sure the 24 hrs liquids and mushies after that kind of helps to jumpstart the weight loss again too. I've already dropped a couple more lbs.

I'm excited- had to share! Good luck to all of you out there getting your 1st and 2nd fills.

So I had my first fill yesterday 3 cc's. The fill was simple. I had a couple of xrays first, then the actual fill with fluoroscopy. I could hardly feel it. It's pretty weird to see your stomach with the band around it.

The problem I am having is 3 days of liquids again, then 3 days of mushies. I can handle the mushies but the liquids kill me. That's how I ended up back in the hospital last time.

Did anyone else have this routine? It seems a bit much.

I feel fine and can drink everything very easily.

How long did everyone else wait to eat again?

There are so many differences between surgeons. My doctor only requires me to be on Soup the day of a fill and back to normal after that. I tend to each softer food the day after but other than that, my two fills I've had no trouble with foods.

I had my second fill today, .5cc for a total of 3cc in band. She had a harder time finding port today for some reason but thank goodness for the numbing shots. So crossing my fingers that this one lasts a little longer than the 1st one did. She said she thinks I am pretty close so we will see what happens.

well, Im excited to post today. Yesterday I drove out of town to see another dr to see if my port was actually flipped like the last dr stated (he had also said i needed surgery to resecure the port). Well this new dr did the x ray and could see the port. after 3 attemps and not being able to get it he realized that the port wat on its side. so, he layed me down on the bed and pushed my stomach for awhile working the port to lay down flat. after that he used xray to get the needle in the port and then helped me stand up with the needle still in. with me standing up using fluoro he was able to finally give me 1.5cc in my4cc band. So, this means I do not have to go back to mexico for surgery again!!!!! Im so glad that I went to a differant fill dr. They want me on liquids for 48 hours and that is fine with me. It will help jump start more weight loss and I am just happy to have a fill! Oh and I just got back from a week in las vegas and yesterday ended my monthly cycle...and today I was down 6 pounds!!!!! That makes up for all the stress. Well thanks for listening to me ramble on:thumbup::biggrin:!

well, Im excited to post today. Yesterday I drove out of town to see another dr to see if my port was actually flipped like the last dr stated (he had also said i needed surgery to resecure the port). Well this new dr did the x ray and could see the port. after 3 attemps and not being able to get it he realized that the port wat on its side. so, he layed me down on the bed and pushed my stomach for awhile working the port to lay down flat. after that he used xray to get the needle in the port and then helped me stand up with the needle still in. with me standing up using fluoro he was able to finally give me 1.5cc in my4cc band. So, this means I do not have to go back to mexico for surgery again!!!!! Im so glad that I went to a differant fill dr. They want me on liquids for 48 hours and that is fine with me. It will help jump start more weight loss and I am just happy to have a fill! Oh and I just got back from a week in las vegas and yesterday ended my monthly cycle...and today I was down 6 pounds!!!!! That makes up for all the stress. Well thanks for listening to me ramble on:thumbup::sad:!

Hooray! So glad to hear the good news! :biggrin:

Hey Everyone!

I got my first fill today. More than 2 months after surgery. It was way over due as I had not lost any weight in the last month.

I got 3cc and was told to be on liquids for the next two weeks. Is this what everyone else was told? I plan on following his directions because I definitly need to loose some weight but was wondering how everyone else did it. I read most of the posts and it seams that most people did fluids for 24-48 hours then slowly went on to normal foods.

Hey Everyone!

I got my first fill today. More than 2 months after surgery. It was way over due as I had not lost any weight in the last month.

I got 3cc and was told to be on liquids for the next two weeks. Is this what everyone else was told? I plan on following his directions because I definitly need to loose some weight but was wondering how everyone else did it. I read most of the posts and it seams that most people did fluids for 24-48 hours then slowly went on to normal foods.

Hi Gonna, I bet your doctor is just trying to get you going on the weight loss again. I'm glad you are going to do it. Soup and Protein Shakes are really good liquids and that will make you appreciate small solid meals even more when you go back to them. Hang in there! GB