Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mayo Banditos / Friday Weigh In !!!!

Im the same weight this week. Its good i guess since I still cant workout because of recovering from a Tummy Tuck. I just have to wait another 4 weeks till im able to run again. Hopefully I will be ready for the next 1/2 marathon in DisneyLand on Septmeber 5th! Like everyone else I hope people keep checking in and giving support!

LOM, I just noticed that you are below your target weight -- WAY TO GO, GIRL!!! :frown::biggrin::rolleyes: You are doing so great.

I just got back from my doc appt., and he agreed that I am probably having esophageal spasms, likely caused by an antibiotic pill that got stuck and melted in my throat, causing horrible burning pain. So, instead of an unfill, he suggested I take Prevacid or Prilosec for 3-4 weeks to see if that helps heal the inflamed spot where the pill dissolved. He did order an upper GI. That's the x-ray he was talking about that he has everyone take after one year. That makes sure everything is where it is supposed to be. :sad:

Ok, everyone else, check in even if you don't weigh in! Just say hello! We won't bite you! Promise! :tongue::tongue:

Still out here, still struggling, scale has not moved in forever, so I am trying to figure out why. I know i eat too much in the evening, but during the day I am fine. I am dealing more with the food addiction side of things now and trying to retrain my thoughts. After a year, I find I am starting to be less carefull and slip into old habits. So time to work harder again. I am happy with my loss so far but have more I want to do!

Rebecca,

I definitely think you should talk to your doctor.

My doc told me it's normal for the band to be tighter sometimes, looser sometimes. He also told me to watch my dehydration, as that can affect the band's effectiveness because it's permeable.

If you are PB ing more than in the past, I would put off having another fill for a bit. See how things go. If you get too tight you could risk a slip.

I'm at the point recently where it's getting a lot harder to lose. I've increased my exercise a lot, so I am still losing, but I really honestly do NOT see myself being able to increase it any more, so I worry about the possibility of reaching my goal at times.

I feel like if I have a fill, I won't be able to eat normally. I'm already having trouble with more foods than in the past. I made an appt w/my doctor, so I'll have to talk to him and see what he suggests. Sometimes I worry that I've reached a point where the band is doing all it can for me and the rest is up to me. That's why I think my body is just stubborn! My calories are between 1200-1400 daily, and I exercise 4 to 5 times per week. Yet, over the last 3 months, I've only lost about 16 lbs! Prior to that I was losing about 7-10 monthly. . .

Don't give up, ladies! Our weight loss is naturally going to slow down after a year. I didn't lose anything for 3 months -- all I did was ping-pong up and down 3 pounds. And, talk about old eating habits wanting to creep back in... ugh! How frustrating. My problem is emotional eating (any emotion), and it's the worst for me at night, as it seems to be for a lot of people.

We can hang in there, together, though! Keep coming back for support! :unsure:

I have to watch my emotional eating too. ANY emotion triggers me to eat as well. I've tried to switch from eating to exercising. Sometimes it works, but other times I instinctually want to eat and have to catch myself :)

I hope I can make it to goal, but it gets frustrating at times. I am still losing, but the rate has slowed soooooooo much.

For the past few months my weight has been more or less the same. Well, I'm down some, but just barely. Before my loss was pretty consistent.

I don't need a fill-- I would be too tight. So, all I can do now is watch my food (which I feel like I MOSTLY am). And I have to exercise more-- and I"m really exercising a lot. I think my body is just being stubborn!

I had bloodwork done last week, going to find out results too. Was wondering if my thyroid or something is causing me to stall. Probably not though. . .

Hi All,

Great stories. Keep up the good work. Went to the Doc recently and had an esophagram and all is good. Now seeing the Doc every three months. Weight has remained unchanged. Enjoying the summer.

Still eating Proteins first therefore the vegetable intake has been limited which still causes problems on the other end ( if you know what I mean). BMs are not as frequent as what I would expect. Stool softners are still needed.

Anyone else still having the same issue after a year ???

Bevanfranks, I hope your bloodwork turns out okay. I've started exercising a lot lately, too, and man, do I hurt!! Don't give up when you are so close to goal. You've come way too far to do that! ;):thumbup:

John, great to see you again! Glad to hear you're doing well. I now eat Protein and veggies together, but I still have the same problem a year later, so I add Miralax every morning to my homemade Protein Shake. :devil_smile: Say, how did it go when you met your son at the airport after him not seeing you for two years?! ;)

Still having to take stool softners everyday no matter what I eat, or how much.

Good to hear from you John.

Hi Ann & Rebecca,

Seeing my son after one year was quite a home-coming. We met him at the airport in N.C. and he asked " Where's my other half". He couldn't believe what he was seeing which was nice but a little wierd. I still don't ( mentally) see myself as thin as everyone else does. I guess it will take a while. But my wife, other son and I had a great visit with our Marine and his wife.

For my other issue, I will try the miralax. It's funny, this is the only issue that has been an issue for me since day one.......

Well, I guess it's a common problem. What a pain in the butt. ;)

What a great homecoming story, John! :devil_smile: I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with the whole family. I agree with you, it's hard to see myself as thin as others say, but it is starting to slowly sink in. I think it will become more evident to me as I tone up. I've started taking tae kwon do and strength training, to work on my abs and my flabs. ;)

Ann you're amazing. at this point I am finding it hard to do anything but walk. Pushing 60 is not as easy as it was even ten years ago.

John I'm glad you had such a good time with your family. I just went home to CA a couple of weeks ago. I saw family in Bakersfield and Long Beach and (graduation with honors for oldest grandaugher) and about a million friends on Catalina Island where we had lived for 16 years. Boy, was it nice to hear all of the "you look great" comments.

I did however pick up a couple of lbs. Now I will struggle to get that back off.

I am getting back to my normal diet so it will go little by little.

Hang in there everyone!

Take care

Rebecca, up until about 6 weeks ago all I did was walk. Then I got a free 3-month trial pass for tae kwon do, so I took it up. Then I signed up for an offer at work to do strength training in our office gym. I say I'm working on my abs and my flabs (aka my batwings). Let me tell you, I hurt like crazy. I hope this is all worth it!

Don't worry about going up a little. It happens. I'm up a little this week also, though I don't know why. Our bodies are just strange that way -- especially women's bodies. The slightest little hormone change and we're up at least 5 pounds! :scared2:

Hang in there, everyone, and have a great weekend!!! :thumbup:

well, I did not weigh in todaay but I am up 3 pounds. I think it has to do with going from working out like a mad woman to not being able to work out at all the last 4 1/2 weeks (due to healing from a tummy tuck)! But I have been doing a lot of walking...I just need to eat better foods. I also think I need a fill. I have not had a fill since october. I am at my original goal weight but now being here I might want 10 more pounds gone! Im a size 8-10 but cant wear jeans yet because im still swollen and sore from the Tummy Tuck. I hope everyone has a great weekend...AND HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE DADS!!!!!!!