Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mayo Banditos / Friday Weigh In !!!!

I'm down one pound today, but it keeps going up, down, up, down. . . so I'm not sure what to think.

I"m still debating whether or not to get an adjustment. Some days it's easy to eat-- so I feel that I need one, other days it's difficult to eat many items, so that scares me about getting any tighter. I think I'll wait until my next appt in Sept and decide. If my weight doesn't change much, I'll see if I can get a teeny tiny adjustment :)

Lisa

are you scheduled for an appt soon? my next one is in Sept. I think I may request a small fill at that time. I'd probably go sooner, but I live 4 hrs from my dr, plus they only do Saturdays once per month. I can't take off work right now to go another day.

A few days ago I was down by 2 lbs, but now I've gone back up a tiny bit (.8 lbs). It's always like that for me. So, basically I'm down by 1.2, but I'll take it!

I have been snacking a bit lately though, and I need to cut it out!

Hang in there-- you'll lose:)

I can get a fill at any time. I have been using all of my PTO time from work for vacation. So I have no time to take off for medical. I really needed vacation time this year. I also, really need a fill.

Do you have to travel far to get to your Dr? Mine is about a 3 1/2 or 4 hour drive, so it's hard for me to get there without taking a whole day off work.

If you live close, just make an appt for the very end of the day, then you won't have to miss much work :smile2:

If you think you need a fill, you'll be glad you got one :) I'm still on the fence as to whether I need an adjustment or not. UGH! Decisions. . .

My weight loss is sooooooooo ssslllllllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwww now, and if I even THINK of eating anything more than I should, I gain a pound back in a snap! I'm working out A LOT, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It's driving me crazy at times. I MOSTLy measure my foods, so the times when I'm not may be my problem.

How much do you eat when you measure? I'm usually doing 1 to 1 1/2 cups. . .

Lisa

Still the same. Not a surprise. I ate all kinds of junk I don't usually eat because of my birthday

I'll get back to normal and just keep trying!

does your weight go up and down a pound or two all the time? that' what mostly happens w/me. . .

I think I need a fill to continue losing, but I don't want to feel like I can't eat chicken, etc. I'm afraid if I get a fill that might happen. . .

My weight is up and down all the time. It is from salt, Water weight. If I eat salty stuff, it's up for sure. That's a given with me. I can tell by how tight my rings are.

The lbs up and down can make a person crazy!!!

I haven't been able to wear my rings for a while (for fear I'll lose them if they fall off). I want to get them sized, but I'm hoping to lose a bit more, and don't want to do it more than once. In the past, I had to have them sized UP, which costs more, be cause they add some gold, etc. I wonder if they just make the band thicker as they size down, or take out the gold!!!

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I think there is a temporary sizer (rubber or plastic) you can buy for your rings. I need to get one because my ring spins and one of these days will fly off.

Has anyone had the experience of having a fill and not really feeling a big change until about a week or so later? I'm going thru this and I love it. My fills haven't seemed to have done much in months and months, but now this one has kicked in and I can't eat more than about 3/4 cup at a time and it is way way slower going down than ever before. I think I've read something on our site about it in the past but I can't find it. Gaye

Gaye,

Yes, that happens to me EACH time I have an adjustment. I barely notice a change in the first few days, but after a week or so, I really feel it. I asked my doctor, and he said that's normal. He said that some people feel it sooner, but in many people it takes the brain a bit longer to register what's happening with the stomach. Also, our muscles in our stomach shift and adjust. That's also why we must do soft foods or liquids for a short time after an adjustment.

Also, thanks for the ring info- I'll have to look in to that. Any idea where to find one? Do they have those at department stores? Or just jewelry stores?

I woke up 2 separate times w/my wedding ring missing-- it was in my sheets both times-- but I decided I'd better not wear it anymore until I have it sized :) I definitely don't want to lose it!!!

Lisa

Hey, Lisa, congrats on hitting the 100 lb. mark!!!!! :):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You can get the ring "snuggies" at Walmart, K-Mart, Claires. You don't have to go to a jewelry store. They come several to a pack and are only $5. I had my wedding rings resized and they still spin! I think they resized them wrong. Thankfully I can have them resized for free, but still.....

And, for everyone else -- I also go up and down and it's driving me nuts! I wanted to hit goal and stay there. lol I've started exercising a lot and doing strength training, so I'm told that muscle will do that to you.

I had an upper GI done last week to see how my band was, and it was still in the same place, no slippage, which was good news. I still have to watch it with meat, chicken, Pasta, some breads and crackers. That is the most frustrating part of this whole thing. *sigh*

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer! :wub:

Ann,

Thanks! I'm excited as I get closer to my goal! Also, thanks for the info on the ring adjusters. I haven't seen them before, but I'll definitely check them out this weekend.

I'd like to have my band placement checked, but I'm self pay (my insurance doesn't cover any weight loss procedures). Do you have any idea on the cost of that? Is it something your doc recommended? My next appt is mid-Sept, so I may ask him a few ques about it then. I think my band is doing well, but of course I read all the stories online, so I'd like to verify since I'm over a year post-op :)

I don't tolerate Pasta or bread well, so I don't really try. I do ok with crackers or chips though, but I chew well and carefully/slowly to make sure :thumbup:

Sometimes it's weird to think that I may not really eat bread for the rest of my life. However, it obviously works for keeping my weight down!

What are your favorite go-to meals Ann? I like chicken and veggies (stir-fry style). I also tend to eat chili, or lentils w/veggies quite often. eggs w/veggies or any type of bean dish are other favs.

I can't eat broccoli at all, bell peppers must be cut really small, and I can't have carrots unless cooked. I also have to peel my apples. For some reason, i have to cut cantaloupe small too!

Lisa

Lisa, my doc has all his patients get an upper GI after a year as a general rule of thumb. I have no idea how much it costs, but once I get the insurance notice, I will let you know. I imagine it is not cheap, unfortunately.

I can't eat broccoli either, unless it is cream of broccoli Soup -- meaning total mush. I also have to peel my apples. And I cannot eat scrambled eggs for some reason! Right now I can't really do much meat of any kind unless it is lunchmeat or stewed, so I tend to eat softer foods, which I know is not ideal. I'm actually thinking of having a slight unfill just because everything hurts when I try to eat "normal" foods. So, I eat a lot of soup, hummus, Greek yogurt, etc. Every morning I make a Protein Shake with frozen fruit. And lately I have been eating Protein Bars (have to take small bites, tho).

I can tolerate some whole wheat breads if I take small bites and don't eat the crust. For the first 9-10 months I didn't eat any bread at all. Then I found Nature's Own Double Fiber bread, which I can eat (minus the crust) and whole wheat Pepperidge Farms Deli Flats or Arnold Sandwich Thins (same thing -- those little soft, round, thin bun-like things).

I also like salad -- I can tolerate that well as long as the Protein isn't too dry. McDonald's salads are good, Burger King not so much. And I love chili and lentil bean soup. Good stuff!:(

Ann,

Thanks! I'm excited as I get closer to my goal! Also, thanks for the info on the ring adjusters. I haven't seen them before, but I'll definitely check them out this weekend.

I'd like to have my band placement checked, but I'm self pay (my insurance doesn't cover any weight loss procedures). Do you have any idea on the cost of that? Is it something your doc recommended? My next appt is mid-Sept, so I may ask him a few ques about it then. I think my band is doing well, but of course I read all the stories online, so I'd like to verify since I'm over a year post-op :tongue2:

I don't tolerate Pasta or bread well, so I don't really try. I do ok with crackers or chips though, but I chew well and carefully/slowly to make sure :)

Sometimes it's weird to think that I may not really eat bread for the rest of my life. However, it obviously works for keeping my weight down!

What are your favorite go-to meals Ann? I like chicken and veggies (stir-fry style). I also tend to eat chili, or lentils w/veggies quite often. Eggs w/veggies or any type of bean dish are other favs.

I can't eat broccoli at all, bell peppers must be cut really small, and I can't have carrots unless cooked. I also have to peel my apples. For some reason, i have to cut cantaloupe small too!

Lisa