Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, Who has an AUGUST surgery date??!!

I've received approval from my insurance company but still need to schedule the medical clearance physical with my family doc and a pre-op nutritional appointment with the weight loss clinic before I will get a date. I'm guessing mid-August though.

August 3rd!! Still waiting for approval, submitted last Thursday, but it's still pending. Dr. Fielding in NYC is doing my surgery. I start my liquid diet on Monday the 20th...two full weeks of pure liquids. That's likely going to be my largest diet challenge yet! Good luck to everyone!

Hey there Jennyr1222, I am also being banded @ NYU by Dr. Ren on Aug 10th :) and my liquids start on the 27th and I too feel that it will be my largest battle. Always being hungry is the reason I am where I am !!!

I've read that some low fat/ low carb solids might be okay from time to time on the pre-op..any thoughts on that ??

Best wishes to everyone !!! :blink:

My LapBand surgery is scheduled for 21 August 2009 in New Zealand. I'm currently on the Pre-Op diet until then and need to drop around 3kgs a week. Yikes!

weight.png

Many of us seem to have the same concern about the liquid pre op phase and it is my major fear..the whole reason I am here at 100 lbs over what I should be and with pre-diabetes and a bunch of other stuf is because I could never control my appetite. So how am I supposed to do this ???? !!!

It's gonna be real hard and real fight but we all do this now, and prep ourselves for the coming out of our true selves stuck under all the weight or we dont and kick ourselves as we have to pop another pill for some other health issue due to the weight !!

I am going to try to be incredibly optomistic & strong here and though I know I will end up in tears on some nights with frustration, I will just remeber that I am not only doing it for myself but for my future family.

Support will be the kep to out success and I hope we can all be here for one another as we inch our way to ONEDERLAND !!!

Hi everyone! I am tentatively scheduled for August 10th! I completed all of my testing except for my nutrition/pschological appt which is next week. I have BCBS which my doctors office says is the easiest to get approved, so I'm very hopeful this will go as planned. I am going to Atlanticare in Atlantic City, Dr. Onophachenko. Anyone else going here? Best of luck to everyone....:)

August 11th for me, getting very nervous.

I DO- I DO!!! I am very excited. I got the call from the Dr's office today, I picked August 8th - it was the first date available. Have a pre-op class to attend on July 22nd. Its been a long 6 month process, but I am finally there. Getting surgery in Baltimore, MD @ St. Agnes Hospital w/Dr Van Reuden. Any one have surgery with this doc?

I am being banded August 17th. Where are getting yours done at?

Hey everyone above--I think it's a great idea to all stay in touch. I go tomorrow for blood work, EKG, and EGD---my surgeon requires the last 2-anyway, I'm ready to get this thing started-Keep us all posted....

I will have my sugery done in Mexico. Since I am doing the self pay, Mexico is a lot cheaper on my pockets than here in the states. I start my liquid diet around Aug 1st. After my surgery, I will have to find a fill doctor in Georgia

A co-worker of mine, she's a nurse practioner had her band done in Mexico 3 years ago. She lost over 100 pounds and has kept it off. Her experience there was wonderful. I watched a YouTube video about another nurse who had her banding done there, and now she works form the MD there. Good luck---

Someone else in my surgeon's office is getting their fills there but had the procedure done in Mexico and said it was great !! She got a vacation out of the whole thing...go figure !!

Best of luck !!

August 10th here I come! Final labs and tests finished today. Hospital is paid. Surgeon is almost paid. Stocked up on most of the suggested items, even new jammies, gotta have new jammies to go to the hospital, I don't stay in the hospital garb any longer than I have to. (I am a long haul truck driver and so I have to plan way ahead, since I won't be back home until 3 days before surgery.)

I start the liquid diet on July 24th. Final weigh in with surgeon August 7th and surgery August 10th. I have had to lose 20 lbs. before surgery, I have lost 13 in 5 weeks, so 7 more and I will be at required weight and status for surgeon to smile and say ok, let's do this.:rolleyes:

Reality is hitting the past few days and it is good. A bit scary, but good.

Hope everyone has a good week, gotta finish laundry for the truck, talk to ya all soon.

No, I have researched it extensively. I'm actually more comfortable having it there than locally. It is a brand new state of the art hospital. The surgeon has performed over 6000 bands, and taught many US dr's the procedure. Patty

amicheletti78 I see you are going to have your surgery done in Mexcio and I am to on Aug 17th and I start my liquid diet on August 1. I just came back from applying for my passport my question to you is where will you be doing your fill at? Will you travel back to Mexico or find a local fill doctor?

APPROVED!!!!! I'm freaking out I'm so excited! Surgery August 3rd, NYU, Dr. Fielding. Sent in insurance request to CIGNA on July 2nd, found out today. So excited!! Good luck to all of you that are waiting to hear. :-)