Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight loss before first fill?

I was banded May 7th and was 296 at surgery. Today I am 279, so I've lost 17lbs, and my first fill isn't until June 4th. I like to remember that on Nov. 28th I was 325lbs...so my total in the past six months has been 46lbs. :blush:

David

I was banded May 4 and have lost 25 lbs since my pre-op diet started on May 1. My first fill will be June 15.

Also banded 5/4/09 by Dr. Brown at Colorado Bariatric. Have lost 16.6 Lbs since pre-op diet started on May 1st. Overall weight loss since first Dr visit on 4/21: 23.6 Lbs. First fill will be June 3rd.

Someone else said it best, "So far, it's just a diet" the band has not provided any hunger control, only motivation not to have wasted $10,000.

Hello All, I had my surgery at South Miami Hospital with Dr. Rabaza on Wed, May 20th. My Pre-Op Weight was 389, and I am currently at 369, so thats a total weight loss of 20 lbs. But from my surgery date (weighing in at 379) to today (weighing in at 369) I have lost 2 lbs a day, for a total of 10lbs. I have not been eating 1,000, maybe 600-700 but I feel disgusted with all the liquids. I wake up in the morning put my ipod on and take a 20 minute walk. In the afternoon I walk my dog 20 minutes and at night around 8pm I do my last 20 minute walk for a total of 1 hour. I paid way too much for this surgery not to lose weight since my insurance wouldn't cover it. So stay focused, eat right work out and call it a day.

P.S. I am drinking Zero Carb Isopure Protein shake (creamy vanilla) which has 50g of Protein, Vitamin B12, BComplex, Calcium and the chewable Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin provided at my surgeons office.

Edited by queenbeev
misspelled words

I was banded on 4/29. I will have my first fill on 06/04. From the start of my pre op diet I have lost 21 pounds to date. I started at 258 and I am now at 237.

I was banded on 04/14/09. I had my first fill TODAY. I've lost 19 lbs from my pre-op diet weight to this morning. I wish I would've lost more weight but, the last few weeks, while in bandster's hell, I've been hungry all the time and pretty much eating the same as before the surgery. My main concern was trying to keep from gaining. I'm on the liquid diet again for 1wk. I hope this will get the scale moving back in the right direction and pray for some restriction.

I lost 18 lbs before my first fill. I just recieved my 3rd fill today and at my doctor's office I have to have a 3 day "fill diet"- Clear Liquids (broth, Jello, and water). I am starving. I am not sure I am going to make it until Thursday.

I was banded on 4/23 and have lost 27 pounds since starting my preop diet. My first fill is scheduled for next week on 6-3. I can't wait! I've noticed my appetite has been increasing.:blush:

I was banded on 4/29. I will have my first fill on 06/04. From the start of my pre op diet I have lost 21 pounds to date. I started at 258 and I am now at 237.

Wow that is really good!

I was banded on 10/10/08 and pretty much lost 30 lbs. right away. I put off fills forever looking for a good price and then there was the holidays etc... but I managed to at least maintain. I didn't get my first fill of 4 cc's until 04/27/09. Nothing. Got another 2 cc's yesterday in a 12 cc band and still kinda nothing. I do feel really bruised in my diaphram area though and I'm hoping it's just a muscular thing and not complications. I'm back on liquids just in case. :crying:

I was banded May 11th and quickly lost 12lbs. 1st fill June 30th. Today I lost control and ate like I used to. I felt uncomfortable but not sick or in pain. I hope I didn't stretch anything, but even more, I hope this isn't a start of a spiral (also old behavior). My energy was low today- running on too much and wrong kind of food, no doubt.

I didn't realize there would be a "diet" white knuckling phase after surgery. Maybe now I am more prepared for that. Thanks for listening! Beth

Hi all

I was banded on 05/19/09. I have lost 14lbs so far, keep looking at some peoples weightloss's and thing that i should be losing more!!! But, its 14lbs i will NEVER see again :smile:

AMY

Before my first fill I gained back the weight i lost pre-op. Ive been gaining and losing the same 3-4lbs since surgery through all of my fills.