Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky Losers Friday Weigh-in 5/15/09

Congrats! I am close to my onederland as well. I am 3 lbs away currently. I'd had three fills and was up to 5.4 cc but I didn't have any restriction. I just got my fourth fill today and it took me up to 5.9 cc. Hopefully the fill could work out better.

Edited by EmmaWang

Hi everyone

I had my 3rd fill yesterday and at first I was really worried that I had too much. I drank Water and it went down but gurgled, then I stopped and bought a coffee and it felt like it got stuck on every sip...never did get all of it down but today liguids and mushies are going down just fine. I do feel ALOT more full!!!!! YEAH I eat about a half of a cup and Im stuffed, maybe this will be the one.

Oh by the way Im back in onederland, I lost the 5 that I gained and Im back to 195!! Yeah. I tried on a whole bunch of clothes that I could not wear before and most fit, a few were too tight and a couple too big. I wearing jean shorts that I have not been able to wear in a long time. Now onto the size 14's I have in my closet!!! I have clothes from size 18 down to an 8!! It is amazing how long I have held onto some of this. My favorite is my levi's and they are a size 10, can't wait to get my butt into those.

Have a great weekend!!

Bernadette:thumbup:

Hi everyone

I had my 3rd fill yesterday and at first I was really worried that I had too much. I drank Water and it went down but gurgled, then I stopped and bought a coffee and it felt like it got stuck on every sip...never did get all of it down but today liguids and mushies are going down just fine. I do feel ALOT more full!!!!! YEAH I eat about a half of a cup and Im stuffed, maybe this will be the one.

Oh by the way Im back in onederland, I lost the 5 that I gained and Im back to 195!! Yeah. I tried on a whole bunch of clothes that I could not wear before and most fit, a few were too tight and a couple too big. I wearing jean shorts that I have not been able to wear in a long time. Now onto the size 14's I have in my closet!!! I have clothes from size 18 down to an 8!! It is amazing how long I have held onto some of this. My favorite is my levi's and they are a size 10, can't wait to get my butt into those.

Have a great weekend!!

Bernadette that's awesome! Keep up the good work and just pace yourself....I'm finding that my fills don't kick in until a good 4 days afterwards. I can eat my mushies fine etc and then BAM! RESTRICTION CITY!!

I have clothes in my closet that range from size 18 to a size 3/4. Crazy I know!! My 16's are fitting me just right and today I put on a pair of yoga pants that I couldn't fit into before the surgery. Not only do they fit but they're kinda baggy on me. I have a pair of Seven Jeans and I think they're a 6...I would love to wear those jeans some day.

Aurelia

Boy I thought I was the only one who held onto so many sizes of clothes!! I have to wear blue slacks to work so I have every size imaginable in those. My goal is to get back into my favorite levis, I wore them when my husband and I first met 7 years ago. My ultimate goal is for those to end up being too big, I have a size smaller than those for back up.

I know what you mean about restriction several days after the fill. I had mine on Thursday and Iam very tight especially in the mornings. I can hardly get Water down for the first couple hours. I still have problems eating small bites, I get stuck quite often. I need to teach myself smal bites and chew, chew, chew!!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Bernadette

So, we haven't done this in awhile...I went to the dr today and I'm down 42lbs since I started this journey! Woohoo!!! Where is everyone at since this is the 3 month mark for us??

I am down 36 lbs I go in for my third fill on Tuesday. The weight loss feels great.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm down a little over 40 pounds at the moment and am thrilled.

I've only had one fill (beginning of may). I was scheduled to get one June 12 (yesterday) but did not think I needed it. Unfortunately they rescheduled me for July 24 (wayyyy too long probably), because it was the first available appointment. I may be eating more by the time my fill comes around but I'd rather that happen, than to get a fill when I've already got good restriction.

I plan on calling my doc office around the first week of July to see if there are any cancellations that I can get to!

Hey all!!!

Im down 32lbs and Im thrilled!! I have dropped 2 pant sizes and I feel great. I finally have figured out this band and I have not had any PB or vomiting for 2 weeks now. I just have to keep reminding myself small bites and chew.

IM SOOOO happy I did this!! Have a great weekend.

Well as of Firday I am down 36lbs which I think is great. I am always worried about not loosing enough or to much in a month, but I can't let little things like that worry me, the weight is coming off. Congradulation to everyone and their sucess. I have a hard time preparing something to take to work. I only have 30 minutes for lunch, does anyone have any idea's? I go in Wednesday for fill number 3. Hope everyone has a good week.

Hey, just wanted to check in with everyone and I'm glad to see how well everyone is doing!!!

So for me I'm down 60 lbs as of today...it's unreal to me!! I cant to be in the 100's again. My 5 year old son was asking why I couldn't eat the same cheese bagel he was eating for Breakfast and I told him because of my surgery, I eat different things now and he said " so that’s why your stomach is all shrunk up now" It was the funniest thing!!

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Hey all

I see everyone is doing GREAT!! It looks like everyone is happy that they have done this. Im really hitting it hard this week to get back on track.

Dani....WOW 60lbs that is amazing, and your sons comment was adorable!

Jdelaere, you are doing wonderful too. Keep up the good work!

Addelapp5 Your weight loss is great too!! I can't believe some of the amounts of weight people have lost.

I find myself saying WOW everytime I get on the scale, I have not seen wonderland in several years and it feels great! I can't wait to see the 170's I will probably faint!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Bernadette:w00t:

Wow, everyone is doing really well. I love reading how everyone is doing it reminds me that I am on track. I had my third fill yesterday he put in 1 cc which put me at 7.8cc in a 10cc band. Well today I had call the doctor this morning to go in and have some of it removed. I had three sips of Water to take my morning pills and all I had was constint burping with lots of flem and foam I was afraid to even drink water. the part was the doctors office is 45 min from where I work. I had to burp up the foam twice while driving thank goodness I had a towel from my gym bag. I still had to go home and change my clothes. What a mess but I fill much better so now I have 7.0cc I am able to eat now. I am down 42lbs as of today, yeh!!!!!!!!!! I am amazed I have lost than much in 3 months. Everyone keep up the good work and keep posting.

:) I have been through 2 rough days. I had a fill on Wed which brought me up to 6.5 cc's. When I drank the Water in the office it went down fine but as I got the the car I started sliming. Luckily had a couple of towels in the car. I went and got a cup of coffee thinking it would help but one sip and I started pbing and continued the sliming, gaging, vomiting. I hurt so bad I thought I might be having a heart attack. I went back to the dr office and they took out the added fill. The PA then told me I now know what too tight feels like. However,the damage was done. When I went home couldn't swallow my own spit, literally! I thought it would stop but went on all day and all night (sliming, gaging, vomiting). I fell asleep twice during the night for 30 minutes each time, both times woke up drowning on my own body Fluid. Scared me to death!:thumbup: I couldn't wait to get back to the doc today. I had lost 2.5 lbs of fluid overnight. They took out all of the fill, said my stomach had become inflamed from all of the vomiting, gaging, etc. I will have to start all over on the fills when my stomach heals. Thought I would just warn everyone not to get overfilled. It is my own fault. I couldn't recognize that I really was past my optimum fill level. I'll know this time. When I started having trouble swallowing, I was probably at the appropriate fill for me. This may be why I haven't had the great weight lose all of you are having. I haven't been eating the right types of meats because I have had trouble swallowing and so I have eaten softer food instead. Good Luck everyone.

Edited by HappyLoser

Brenda

That sounds like what I went thru a couple weeks ago, it was awful. I was not vomiting just pbing it was awful, it just keeps coming and coming. At work I kept spitting into my trash can. I sure hope they can get you back to a better level with the fill so that you don't gain any weight back. As far as meat I only eat chicken and turkey and have had no problem getting those down. I was supposed to get my 4th fill today but did not get it I will be going in next week.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Bernadette

Happy looser; I feel for you, that sliming is the most nerve racking cause you know it wont go back down so all you can do is cough it up. I hope you heal quickly and get a fill soon. Maybe this will get you back on track. Keep us informed and if you need any help let us know and we can give you suggestions. Just keep working at it, you'll get there.