Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

***bunny bandsters april 09 master thread #2 ***

Hello all,

I went back to work yesterday, and it's SO MUCH EASIER to stick to the liquid diet when I'm working--which is nice. Although I smell someone's nuked lunch in the microwave and start feeling like I want to eat my own finger just to chew something. hAh!

Right now, I'm dealing with the WORST case of hiccups I can ever remember having, and I can't help but go to my immediate fear that it will either hurt the band or means that I have already hurt the band in some way. I don't know what this is all about...but it SUCKS! Anyone else experiencing hiccups?

I'm so glad that everyone is doing well, and I can't believe April is almost over--GOOD LUCK to those being banded this week and next!!

lisaacb5--HOW WAS IT?! I hope all is well, truly. I, too, was very secretly scared. I did have some pretty rough days there after surgery, but it comes and goes. The day of, I was out of commission for the rest of the day. The day after, I actually got dressed and went to a restaurant with my parents--I, of course, had water-based Soup broth and Water...hAh! The third day, I didn't want to go anywhere! I stayed in all day... you know what I mean? Hang in there! :smile:)

Hey I am going tomorrow morning....wish I was done though...the anticipation is killing me...thanks for the wishes..keep you posted

Went to Aqua Aerobics tonight! Not fun - had to wear a floating belt, which really hurt my tummy!!!

Am freaking out that I have no restriction and I am hungry. I DO NOT WANT TO PUT ON WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

I was banded yesterday and am home now. It went great. I feel the "pressure" of the gas, and thats irratating, but other than that, it's not too bad. I'm so excited about the future and the "new me."

Love to all who are banded in April :thumbup:

Hey guys! Just checking in. Had surgery (1st one in Wed.) and got home last night. I blogged a little last night on LBT (link below) and I'll try to do more today (doc liked my porthole drawing on my tummy-pic on my Tues. blog). I'm waiting for the morning drugs to check-in, but I think day 3 seems to be the 'sore tummy' day, which so far it is. Everything went pretty smoothly; worst part was my roommate from another planet. Ah well, I caught up on sleep last night some. I'll try to catch up with everything here today! Good luck to our last week of Bandsters! It's good to be done and your turn is coming soon!

Hi all was banded on 4-22 wke up last nightand had to vomit....is anyone experiencing this? also, feel very sick to my stomach help!!!!!

Terri & Lisa- I can tell you that for me I had to walk a lot. I was seriously pacing the house. It really helped get rid of the gas. I also used a heating pad (really a long sock like thing) on my lower belly and massaged around the incesions. I didn't touch them but near by. I was using circular patterns. Then I'd get up and walk again. TMI-I ended up putting the heating pad just under my breasts too, that relieved some of that pressure.

Hi all was banded on 4-22 wke up last nightand had to vomit....is anyone experiencing this? also, feel very sick to my stomach help!!!!!

I was sick at the hospital and have been a little nauseous on and off, but no vomiting at home yet (they told me many get this until the anesthesia is out of your system). I made sure they sent me home with something. ONDANSETRON 8mg - You need to insist your doc prescribe something (they can even do suppositories if you're really bad) as prolonged vomiting can mess up your band (and it's a vicious cycle, once started it's hard to climb out of). I haven't needed to take mine as it's not bad enough and a common side effect is headaches (and I'm on Migraine meds). Good luck!

thanks guys....i feel alittle better now but good to know that there are meds for the votiming and that its normal to feel sick.....terri are you hungry cause sometimes im so hungry....are you sleeping alot let me know what your going through thanks, Lisa ps how long does it take for this anthesia to get out of the body anyone know?

Hi everyone! well got banded last tuesday the 21st and overall it went great, I did have another procedure done at the same time and I have been in a lot of pain because of it. Also, I'm having some real bad back pain in my upper back across the middle don't know if it's gas pain or from laying on the operating room table for so long, I have been using my gas-x strips and walking so I'm thinking it's from laying on the table so long. I'm still kind of out of it because of pain meds but I'll post more later, congrats to all the others who were banded this past week.

Theresa:wink2:

Theresa- Are you using a heating pad (helps my back a lot)?

Hey all, got banded yesterday and am still alive lol. I was great yesterday afternoon but this AM i wanted to scream trying to pull myself off my dad's couch (seemed easier since I have to stay on my back there). Been taking the pain meds regularly and haven't had anything but Water and SF Jello and really I'm not that hungry. I was suprised that I only had 2 incisions - I was told at my pre-op class there would be 3 - but hey less cutting works for me! I haven't braved the shower yet but maybe tonight. Had a walk yesterday and going to the store with my dad later so that'll be my walk today. I'm glad the meds make me constipated cuz I don't know how i'd reach behind myself atm. LOL. sorry bout the TMI but I know you guys understand!

Banded on Wednesday, April 22nd. Went Great! I don't have the gas pain like I expected and other than a few twinges of pain here and there when I get up I'm all good. Still tired though.

I wasnt able to make it to the band class prior to surgery so I'm really confused about all that I'm supposed to be eating or drinking rather. I'm living off of Water, Protein shakes, and cream of wheat. Anyone have any other suggestions? And do I really have to walk for 30 minutes after I eat each time?

Lots of questions here!

Never heard anyone mention walking for 30 min. after each meal (not that it's a bad idea). Are you sure you don't have this confused with the fact that you're not allowed to drink anything for 30 min. after eating (that's a normal requirement)?

No, the paperwork says to walk for 30 minutes after each meal. And not to drink for 60-90 minute after each meal.