Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

***bunny bandsters april 09 master thread #2 ***

Groupie, thanks for the Band Birthday present!!! It was wonderful to log on and see that.

Yesterday morning I became an official bandster. Feels funny writing that. I am excited to be on the road to better health and well-being.

Banded at 8 am, only had real pain early this morning at 4 am but walked around, went to the bathroom and took pain meds and slept a few hours more. I went to kid's game this morning and now am very sleepy. Not hungry though. Surprised about that. Had broth twice yesterday and two popsicles. Today have had half a watered down Protein Drink and am sipping some broth. Oh and coffee.

Water goes right through my system so I am drinking plenty.

Hope you all are doing well. I think it's almost time for a nap!

txdj:thumbup:

Hmm. Maybe that's just their way of making sure you start exercising enough.

Hello Everyone! I am a little over one week post surgery and just found this group today. I am so excited about my band. I hope that things go well for everyone who is scheduled for surgery this week!

I had anintresting thing happen to me yesterday Nick, our dog, and I were out for our walk and one of the neighbor kids said "You look different." I had my glasses on instead of contacts and told her it must be the glasses. Thinking back I should have taken my glasses off and asked her if I still looked different. It was probably a little bit of both wearing glasses and being thiner. I've had a lot of comments that people can see my weight loss in my face.

Okay guys, since I'm still learning on how to navigate this site, can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to single out this thread so I can go straight to it instead of trying to remember how I got here? lol

I had anintresting thing happen to me yesterday Nick, our dog, and I were out for our walk and one of the neighbor kids said "You look different." I had my glasses on instead of contacts and told her it must be the glasses. Thinking back I should have taken my glasses off and asked her if I still looked different. It was probably a little bit of both wearing glasses and being thiner. I've had a lot of comments that people can see my weight loss in my face.

Wow, that is great, Jaytee!:laugh: I know that must feel so good for others to notice...all your hard work is paying off! Way to go!

so, i'm having a bit of negativity problems. hahah. i was banded on the 14th (almost two weeks ago), and my doctor has given me the green light to start integrating food back into my diet...go slow and soft were his words. i'm eating scrambled eggs, lots and lots of Soups, i'm still taking my Protein Shakes, i had some mashed potatoes, etc. i'm tracking everything i eat (and have been since my day of surgery). i either have absolutely NO restriction or very very very little because only occasionally do i feel "full" after i eat. i'm trying, however, to eat as if i have my band full and am experiencing restriction. i eat in small doses, and i never go over 1000 calories for the day. i'm keeping my Protein intake in the 60-80 range. i also try to keep my carb intake below 30.

i've decided that i will NOT weigh myself again until i see the doctor on the 14th of May (one month after surgery and time for a potential fill), but i feel like my weight loss is stopping. i'll start back at the gym after the 1st, so hopefully that will help.

i have to keep telling myself that it's only been 13 days and that 18 pounds in 13 days is good, but i feel like it should be coming off faster. am i crazy?

Okay guys, since I'm still learning on how to navigate this site, can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to single out this thread so I can go straight to it instead of trying to remember how I got here? lol

At the top of any thread (the bar just above the first post on that page) look for the words 'Thread Tools' and click on it. Then go down the popup until you get to 'Subscribe to this Thread'. Now when you login, go to 'User CP' at the almost top left of the page and if any new post were made to this thread you'll see them there in the subscribed threads section (you can do the same process to unsubscribe).

Another tip- You can subscribe to the 'April 09 Bandsters' Forum (contains pages of bunny threads) following the same process at the top HERE. New threads or posts will not show up, but it provides an easy link to our forum in your user cp where you can click to view all the latest things in our own forum.

I've had a lot of comments that people can see my weight loss in my face.

Way to go JT! Your first NSV!!!

i have to keep telling myself that it's only been 13 days and that 18 pounds in 13 days is good, but i feel like it should be coming off faster. am i crazy?

You described Bandster Hell to a 't'. Remember that many gain weight during this period and many more stay the same. If you can lose, even slowly, before the first couple of fills gives you restriction, then your doing better than most as it's all up to you at this point. Remember, we're not RNY patients...it takes several fills before the band really begins to help us at all. Hang in there...we'll all be twiddling our thumbs impatiently together!

Jukebox, yeah I keep feeling the same way. I want the weight to fall of faster because I know I am not eating as much, but it has slowed way down to the point that I have not lost any more weight in about the last 4-5 days. I know that is not a long time but I still want it to be faster..LOL.

Well it is back to work for me today. Hopefully I wont be totally exausted by the time I get home tonight. Has anyone else found that they have no energy? I am good for a few hours and then I get so exausted that I feel like I just have to lay down and take a nap. I am assuming it is because of a combination of having surgery and still not eating much/mostly liquid diet and I also was sick for the past few days with a cold. the cold is starting to go away so I am hoping to get some energy back soon. I go in for my follow up appointment this Wed the 29th and then hopefully I will move on to mushies...YAY

I'm with you guys about the weight loss stalling. I know that I lost a lot to start so I'm grateful for that. I hope to kick it up and get to the healthclub and ride the bike. I have a bad knee so treadmil walking/jogging is out for me.

JT- My face is the only place I've noticed weight loss. My third chin has disappeared! Doesn't it feel great to "see" some improvement. I can't wait to feel it too.

Hey Everyone,

It's Me Auddie. Well I had my surgery on April 20th and i doing well. im enjoying all the liquids...YUMMMMY...lol. owell not to much longer and i can have mush. anyways recovery went fine. traveling home from surgery sucked.

You described Bandster Hell to a 't'. Remember that many gain weight during this period and many more stay the same. If you can lose, even slowly, before the first couple of fills gives you restriction, then your doing better than most as it's all up to you at this point. Remember, we're not RNY patients...it takes several fills before the band really begins to help us at all. Hang in there...we'll all be twiddling our thumbs impatiently together!

thank you so so so much! this is good to know and makes me feel a lot better. i'm so glad i've got this forum to come to! :unsure:

:thumbup:Banded yesterday and no problems at all so far! No pain at all except just a little tender at the port area. Got the gas-x just in case,but really don't need it as of yet. Only 1 more day of bunny bandsters left.:biggrin:

Juke-box, 18lbs in13 days is amazing! Imagine trying to do that without having this 'medical' reason (having a new band) not to go over on quantity of food, or eat the wrong textures. I know I wouldn't have the willpower for that.

I have lost 13lbs now, in 14 days. I am thrilled with that, but unfortunately my hunger has now come back, so I am finding it much harder. I doubt that the rate of loss will keep up, even if I keep eating on track (which I will!!). I am just hoping I can manage not to gain any more until my fill, so anything I lose will be a bonus. I don't get filled until 8th June, so it's going to be a hard few weeks! Is this bandster hell?

x