Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

***bunny bandsters april 09 master thread #2 ***

I was banded on 4/16 and today was the worst for me pain-wise. My port is very sore and my tummy feels "tight". I'm also hungry (I think :tt1:) and having some issues getting all my liquids.

I slept more today then I have since the surgery, and I'm feeling a bit better. I hate taking the pain meds but I went ahead with them because the discomfort was really effecting my ability to relax.

I had some broth yesterday and it tasted good, today the thought of broth makes me want to hurl (weird, huh?). Luckily I haven't gotten sick, but I have had a couple episodes of nausea.

I'm headed back to work on Monday, hopefully I'll be up for it.

hey guys happy to know more Arpril banders and have people to share with just had my band on April 13 and still recovering at home.

Hey April banders am so happy to belong to this group am new at this so give me time to navigate I want to stay intouch with you guys but lose the thread lol.

I feel the same way Auntbrat, I was banded on Monday and I am nervous about going back to work...it's hard to concentrate. All the soreness is gone and I am all healed and physically I feel wonderful. However, mentally I feel miserable b/c I can't eat anything... and I am tired..weak and frustrated with myself.

I m worried that I wont lose any weight...and that I'll be failure at this... or it'll be just like every other diet I've ever been on..lose some weight...gain it back... or just not lose any at all. I am scared this is all going to be a waste. I hate myself right now... so many questions that only time can answer and it sucks.

I wanna eat things other than broth, shakes, Water, pudding, and soup... I am starting to regret this whole procedure. I def. need a boost and help... I need to know that this will work... I've lost like 13lbs since the liquid diet before surgery... but I don't know how I can keep this up...I m starting to doubt myself and everything I've done...

:thumbup: sad, confused... this is horrible

Hey Isabella,

I was banded two and a half weeks ago, and I have been having the same feelings about fear of failure and was feeling very depressed until I went back to work last friday. I was thinking that I will fail at this too, or that I am not being a "model" bandster like everyone else getting 90g of Protein or whatever, and that people banded the same time as me have lost more and what if that means I am being bad or doing it wrong or it wont end up working for me.

Moreover, I was/am scared that what if I get thin, and I am still not happy, the black cloud doesn't lift, I don't find the man of my dreams, and it just doesn't work.

However, I have realised that all I can do is do my very best. I have come to this place in my life, where I "resorted" to surgery because this battle became too hard to fight on my own, and because I wanted (come hell or high water) a shot at a normal life because I believed that I deserved one and that it would be so much better as a thin healthy person. The band is a tool. You will hear that over and over again on this website. It is a tool it is not a magic wand, it will not make our fat melt away 2 or 3 weeks post op, but it WILL make me less hungry, it will make me full easier, and with sheer determination I will wake up every morning and make the most of this chance, and I swear it will work. (And when I say sheer determination, I don't mean extreme dieting and extreme exercising, I mean normal life. Get up, drink Protein shake or have porridge, go to work, sit on ass at desk for 4 hrs, have lunch - 1 cup of whatever - something healthy - go to gym for 1 hr - sit on ass at desk for 4 hours - go home - sit on ass for 4 more hours, sleep. ;) But seriously. All we have to do is be sensible, get the exercise and type of food that "healthy" people get and the band will help us with the rest. This is not another "hell for leather" diet, it is not the quickest is the best. The simple equation of energy in vs energy out will come true in the end if you stick with it and you go for your fills and you keep coming back here for support as those three things will keep you on track.

I know it is overwhelming, but we are all here to help and all in the same boat. Feel free to PM me if you want xx

PS. Hang in there.. normal food is just around the corner

Great post lingling! Lap-banding is not an extreme sport - no need for a "hell for leather" mindset. A slow and steady weight loss that lasts is the objective.

Hey Isabella,

I was banded two and a half weeks ago, and I have been having the same feelings about fear of failure and was feeling very depressed until I went back to work last friday. I was thinking that I will fail at this too, or that I am not being a "model" bandster like everyone else getting 90g of Protein or whatever, and that people banded the same time as me have lost more and what if that means I am being bad or doing it wrong or it wont end up working for me.

Moreover, I was/am scared that what if I get thin, and I am still not happy, the black cloud doesn't lift, I don't find the man of my dreams, and it just doesn't work.

However, I have realised that all I can do is do my very best. I have come to this place in my life, where I "resorted" to surgery because this battle became too hard to fight on my own, and because I wanted (come hell or high water) a shot at a normal life because I believed that I deserved one and that it would be so much better as a thin healthy person. The band is a tool. You will hear that over and over again on this website. It is a tool it is not a magic wand, it will not make our fat melt away 2 or 3 weeks post op, but it WILL make me less hungry, it will make me full easier, and with sheer determination I will wake up every morning and make the most of this chance, and I swear it will work. (And when I say sheer determination, I don't mean extreme dieting and extreme exercising, I mean normal life. Get up, drink Protein shake or have porridge, go to work, sit on ass at desk for 4 hrs, have lunch - 1 cup of whatever - something healthy - go to gym for 1 hr - sit on ass at desk for 4 hours - go home - sit on ass for 4 more hours, sleep. ;) But seriously. All we have to do is be sensible, get the exercise and type of food that "healthy" people get and the band will help us with the rest. This is not another "hell for leather" diet, it is not the quickest is the best. The simple equation of energy in vs energy out will come true in the end if you stick with it and you go for your fills and you keep coming back here for support as those three things will keep you on track.

I know it is overwhelming, but we are all here to help and all in the same boat. Feel free to PM me if you want xx

Well I was banded on the 16th and have to say I am feeling good. Was able to go to full liquids to day instead of clear and could not finish my yogurt this morning. I could not even finish my Protein Shake. Got very full. CClear liquids go down great but I think I am drinking too fast still.....I know....sip sip sip. Pain is subsiding and I went out today. Gonna stay home tomorrow and work from home. Sitting upright in a chair for long periods hurts my port incision area....I am short so maybe it puts pressue on it from my rib cage. Othe than that...doing just great.

I feel like I'm driving myself crazy with worry...am I drinking the right things? Is everything okay with my band? Why do I feel NO restriction? Have I already had some sort of problem and don't realize it? Why do I have this side-stitch pain on my left side? I must have an esophigial tear! Have I pushed myself too far? Have I not pushed myself enough? Do I have blood clots in my legs?

I think I'm reading too many posts and can't get it into my head that everyone's band, body, and health restraints are different... I dunno!! I'm just freaking out about every little thing my body does now!!

Stop and take a deep breath....you are fine....breathe innnnnnn breathe outtttttt. I have that stretching pain on my left side too...was banded only three days ago though. You will know if something is wrong because it won't be in your head. Follow your doctor's orders...that is all there is too it. Find a local support group too.

I feel like I'm driving myself crazy with worry...am I drinking the right things? Is everything okay with my band? Why do I feel NO restriction? Have I already had some sort of problem and don't realize it? Why do I have this side-stitch pain on my left side? I must have an esophigial tear! Have I pushed myself too far? Have I not pushed myself enough? Do I have blood clots in my legs?

I think I'm reading too many posts and can't get it into my head that everyone's band, body, and health restraints are different... I dunno!! I'm just freaking out about every little thing my body does now!!

Don't worry Judebox...I was doing the same thing, I had a side pain and it was just gas, I was worried about clots and tears, and slippage...but there's nothing to worry about, I have NO pain and I'm outta surgery 6 days now, I really feel great. I went for an esopho-gram and they looked at the band and doc said it is in perfect place and everything, even my incisions have almostly fully healed! Being 24 and 26yrs old has its advantages... we'll be fine! No worries! Stop reading negative posts!!! I was doing the same thing.

Hey Isabella,

However, I have realised that all I can do is do my very best. I have come to this place in my life, where I "resorted" to surgery because this battle became too hard to fight on my own, and because I wanted (come hell or high water) a shot at a normal life because I believed that I deserved one and that it would be so much better as a thin healthy person. The band is a tool. You will hear that over and over again on this website. It is a tool it is not a magic wand, it will not make our fat melt away 2 or 3 weeks post op, but it WILL make me less hungry, it will make me full easier, and with sheer determination I will wake up every morning and make the most of this chance, and I swear it will work. (And when I say sheer determination, I don't mean extreme dieting and extreme exercising, I mean normal life. Get up, drink Protein shake or have porridge, go to work, sit on ass at desk for 4 hrs, have lunch - 1 cup of whatever - something healthy - go to gym for 1 hr - sit on ass at desk for 4 hours - go home - sit on ass for 4 more hours, sleep. :blink: But seriously. All we have to do is be sensible, get the exercise and type of food that "healthy" people get and the band will help us with the rest. This is not another "hell for leather" diet, it is not the quickest is the best. The simple equation of energy in vs energy out will come true in the end if you stick with it and you go for your fills and you keep coming back here for support as those three things will keep you on track.

Hey Ling, thank you so much for your support! I am feeling much better now! I get to start mushies on Wednesday...I am sooooooo excited! I trying to take it one day and a time!

thanks again!

Hi bunnies, finally checking in! I have been reading about all the bunnies that were banded recently - WHORAY!!!! I was banded on 4-14 and life is wonderful for me! When waking I did have sharp pain in my left shoulder from gas and a little in my chest. When I left the hospital the same day I used a heating pad on it for a couple days and things are well again. I also stopped the pain meds after 2 days as all I would do was sleep. Walk, Walk,Walk is what I have done. By Saturday (day 4) I was feeling Grrrreat! My husband, my mom and I went to the boat they had the buffet and I had soup!LOL we gambled and went home which is a 30min drive one way. Today, I feel even better, Grocery shopping, and walked (2) 30mins each. I have 21 staples, no port pain. I will have them removed 4-22 and begin soft food May 5th. Dr. said no fill for 5 weeks so around May 19th maybe? By the way, today I feel like I am starving. So Protein Shakes and creamy Soup. Can't wait to start pureed on Tuesday!!!! Good Luck to everyone!!! - Val

So far I dont think I feel any restriction. But since I have had only liquid and a little bit of yogurt I am not sure if I could actually tell yet anyway. The good news is that I have only felt hungry once and I just drank another carnation instant Breakfast and then went to bed. And sleeping is finally not an issue. The last 2 nights I have had no problem sleeping. IT is a little bit uncomfortable from the gas when I first lay down but then once it settles I feel fine and can sleep. so far so good and I am happy.

I am doing well am now about 3 weeks post op and have been on mushies and am slowly graduating to more variety on puree.....

I am unsure if I know what "restriction" is exactly- from what I am reading it is the feeling of fullness. I was much more full in the beginning than I am now but eating/drinking WAY less and healthier than pre-surgery.

I have been averaging (during the week) a smoothie or an egg for bkfst, mid morning cottage cheese, lunch- tuna or egg or Soup, dinner is whatever and pm snack either yogurt or Protein shake- Because I was not feeling as full as I thought I should I increased my drinking of h20 and crystal light trying to fill on liquid rather than food- but sometimes that is hard-

I see the surgeon on 5/15 and am hoping to get a fill so I can be back to the way I felt right after surgery but dont know if that is possible....

I weighed myself today and lost 3 lbs in 10days and I think that is good- 32 all together and I am very happy- but I am not goign to weigh again until I see him-

I think too I may be reading too much and have to take astep back and realize everyone is different and to take things with agrain of salt....

I am thankful for all of you and your encouragment and support!

lisa

WELL I HAVE MY SURGERY TOMMORROW:biggrin: AND I AM VERY NERVES:blink: I HATE BEING PUT TO sleep. I KNOW THAT I WILL DO REALLY WELL I CANT WAIT UNTIL THIS IS ALL OVER OMG!!!!! IM VERY EXCITED BUT AT THE SAME TIME SCARED:eek: OUT OF MY MINE . I DID HOW EVER LOSE 12 POUNDS ON THE PRE-OP DIET WHICH I CANT TELL BUT THE scale DONT LIE:w00t:. I HOPE THAT IM NOT IN MUCH PAIN. I HAVE HAD 2 SURGERY BEFORE AND DID OKAY:smile2:. SO I WILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED ON HOW IT WENT AND HOW I FEEL AND EVERYTHING.

SURGERY DATE:4-21-2009

BEGING WEIGHT 245

WEIGHT NOW 230

Edited by finaldstination