Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mine is tomorrow, so nervous but glad to get this part over I didn't follow the pre op diet to well. I am in hopes and prayers it all goes well and I keep seeing the scale drop in numbers. Weird question I started my period Friday will they be concerned with blood lose? I am still on it and will most likely tomorrow for the surgery. I just want get it over with and on to that lovely liquid diet for a week. :blushing:

Hi nonamebug, unless you are bleeding heavily, your period is probably a non-issue.

Good Luck, and don't worry, if you trust your surgeon, you will surely be in very good hands :thumbup:

Hi all! For those of you who have already have your surgery, congratulations! Also, for those of you who have a date, congratulations! I hope that all of you are doing well and at a great place post-op and pre-op. I too am scheduled for a June surgery; June 26th at Heartland Spine and Specialty Hospital in Overland Park, Kansas with Dr. Stanley Hoehn. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you all reach your goals; we're all in this together!

Hello!! I did not know we had another June 2009 Surgery thread. I always go to the one in the June forum. Glad to see some new names. My Gizmo (my band's name) will arrive on June 11th. I am finally getting excited and am trying hard to stop having my last supperssss. lol I do think I am done. pancakes and eggs this morning but that's IT!! I only have 2 days pre-op diet, one mushies and one liquid. I am having more anxiety about my pre-op drs appt the day before then the surgery. For some reason they are gonna check out my headlights and my exhaust pipe (lol). Don't have a clue what both those places have to do with this surgery, but not too happy thay someone other than my husband and PCP are checking them out!! :thumbup:

Toolman, I am wondering how you are doing??

Scheduled for Tuesday 9 June. I'm kind of nervous but this is the best thing for me.:thumbup:

Spud Mama, I'm June 11 too! Although I'm in Australia so I might be getting mine earlier than you, thanks to the time difference?

I've got to be honest. I'm totally terrified at this point. Not about the band - that I am reconciled with. I am terrified of the general anesthetic and waking up. But if that's what it takes to get this band in, then that's ok. Anyone would think I'm a sook but I've had two 11 pound babies via c-sections so I know all about surgical pain!

I'm now Day 12 of pre-op. I must admit, I did cheat in the first week but I've now been six days clear on just three Optifast shakes a day. Am not feeling like I could run a marathon but at least I'm starting to feel better.

Can't wait for Thursday to come and go and get on with the rest of this journey! Good luck to everyone getting done this week!

I'm June 8th. I'm very nervous. Do you know what kind of Protein supplement you'll be using after surgery? I know nothing about stuff like that.

I am June 30, 2009. Scared and nervous. I know I am making the decision. My knees hurt and I can't run like I used to. I am sooooooooo looking forward to this being over and done with. Hopefully I can stick to the liquid diet which I start 1 week in advance.

June 12th it is !!!

4 days to go.. woohoo ~~~

Excited, worried and reallllly miss "eating food".

( I'm on this very-low-calorie diet 2 weeks before surgery. Today is the 10th day, and i've only lost about 10ish pounds :thumbup:)

Edited by thisendisabeginning

I am June 17th surgery, I was just wondering if there is anyone else having the same problem. I am on the 1000 calorie liquid diet starting the other day, I am having problems staying below the 1000 calories as I drink Slim Fast with a banana pureed in it which is 305 calories, I have to drink 4 a day to meet the protien level. So that puts me over the max I should have. Anyone have any advice?

My banding is on June 10th and I only have to do two days of Clear Liquids. My head is killing me right now. Not so much hungry, but very tired and sluggish. I, too, am worried about the anesthesia and waking up. I have been saying lots of prayers for a while now. Luckily, I am the first sugery of the day, must be at the hospital my 6:00 a.m.

I am so excited, not just for myself but for everyone else. This will be an exciting journey to say the least.:grouphug:

Well, here goes, I feel like I am jumping in, holding my breath, knowing I will rise to the top of the surface, but a little scared anyhow. Not of getting the band replaced but of possibility there will be problems ahead and maybe I should have done the sleeve instead......but who knows, I can't see around corners. June 19 is the big day and it is coming fast.

Corliss

I am June 17th surgery, I was just wondering if there is anyone else having the same problem. I am on the 1000 calorie liquid diet starting the other day, I am having problems staying below the 1000 calories as I drink Slim Fast with a banana pureed in it which is 305 calories, I have to drink 4 a day to meet the protien level. So that puts me over the max I should have. Anyone have any advice?

Mandy, why not leave the banana out of two of them?

Corliss