Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are having surgery the same date.... I don't know of one that keeps you fuller longer but I have found the more Water I drink and the more often I do it keeps me fuller longer. I'm up to drinking 130 oz of water a day... you can even flavor it your self with sliced cucumbers and differnt things

THat's awsome. I don't think I have seen anyone else having a June 17th date. I have tried the water thing all day, it is helping alittle bit, but man. I am so use to eating when I want and snacking when my son eats and Snacks. It is hard. I try to stay out of the kitchen, my husband got food duty for awhile so I don't try and pick when I get they plate for my son. I was wondering if drinking a Soup broth would help or do anything? Does anyone know?

Only 12 more hours before I have to be at the hospital. As we Aussies say, 'I am quietly sh*tting myself'. Am just hoping all goes well. Wish me luck gals, I'm about to join a pretty cool club! :cursing:

LOL! That's a good line Jane....and pretty much what I will be doing later today since I start my 2 day pre-op liquid diet. The quiet part...I'm not so sure of! Good luck to you and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Hi! I'm a newbie to the site and hope to spend a lot of time this evening checking it out.

I'm scheduled for surgery 6/25 in Sioux Falls. I start my two-week liquid diet tomorrow.

Wish me luck - and I hope to be able to lean on y'all for support :ihih:

Mary

If anyone has to do the bowel prep the day before surgery just letting you know it is absolutely NASTY!!! I added Crystal Lite to it and I had to eat a cracker to get the taste out of my mouth. Now it is 2 liters of nastiness and you have to drink a cup every 10 min. It took my 3 1/2 hours!!!! cuz i just couldn't make myself drink it without wanting to puke! at those times I really contemplated the neccessity of this surgery! I think the pain tomorrow will be nothing!! Of course that is all my perspective at the present moment. :ihih:

Oh YEAH!!! I finally run into others who are being banded in June! My surgery date is June 30th with Dr. Rivas at UTSW in Dallas. Let me know how yall are doing in the process of waiting 4 weeks or more like me. Anyone feel like they are on the "No food left behind tour?" :ihih:

I love your "no food left behind tour as that is exactly what I am feeling/doing. Being a Mainer, I had to have my lobster and steamed clam meal last weekend. I'm being banded on the 18th of June.

mine is a bottle (10 oz)...it says to drink the bottle down followed by a full glass of Water. I will have to do some mind over matter and pretend it's a margarita or something.

Victoriasmom98, My surgery is June 18th also :ihih:

in Wareham, Mass by Dr. Kruger. I hope to be in close touch with all of you June Bandsters!!! God bless us all!

BigAli

Hi BigAli!!~! So we are band surgery twins!!! Will your doctor keep you overnight? Here in Augusta, ME they let you go home the same day. That makes me kind of nervous! Good luck to you! My thoughts are with you! And with all of us Junesters!

Spud-mama, there is a god...I didn't have to do the bowel thing :ihih:.

I had to do an endoscopy yesterday to make sure everything was moving like it should after the surgery. The barium they make you drink, well after almost three weeks (pre and post op) of Protein Drinks, it really didn't taste much different.

Good luck all

trisha

I'm the 18th too!! Im on day 7 of my pre op diet - halfway there!!

I'm on the 18th too and this pre-op diet sucks!! My surgery is @ 7:15am..

Have you weighed yourself yet to see if you have lost any weight since starting the pre-op???

Spud! Hope all went well today. I was thinking of you. I go tomorrow! I am soooooooooooooooo scared! Hope it goes well for me too. lets talk in a few days okay??

Thanks.

Jill