Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If I don't put the banana in it then it seems like the Slim Fast don't help me feel full and I want to eat. I have tried it a few times as my husband kept telling me the same thing to leave the banana out of a couple of them. Does anyone know of a lower calorie drink that fills you?

Ok I don"t know where this will show up but I am going in the morning for pre admission tests tomorrow and will be banded on the 25th of junein Ypsilanti MI. Wish me luck and say a prayer that evewrything will be ok and Iwill do the same for you. Thanks If your interested I am blogging on Obesityhelp.com

Edited by tgrar

If I don't put the banana in it then it seems like the Slim Fast don't help me feel full and I want to eat. I have tried it a few times as my husband kept telling me the same thing to leave the banana out of a couple of them. Does anyone know of a lower calorie drink that fills you?

Atkins has 160 cals in chocolate and 150 in vanilla. Other than that I dont know of any difference. I think you are gonna get a little hungry if you leave it out. Maybe you could put half a banana in all four. Might even it out for you.

Hello everyone, being banded on the 12th and getting pretty antsy. I'm not sure if I'm more scared or more excited? Anyways, just wanted to say hey to you all and wish everyone good luck pre and post bands. Cross your fingers for me and say a little prayer that I don't completely freak before actually having the surgery done. :thumbup:

Whoo-Hoo!! 8 days post-op and doctor and nutritionist moved me up to next food stage. So I now can cottage cheese, ricotta, eggs as Protein alternatives to Protein Shakes. Ten lb weight loss so far, which I know is not as much as some folks on here with post-op diet, but I'll take it. I also can get back on the stationary bike and start exercising again, which is sooner than I thought. He was basically of the mind, if it hurts don't do it. So tonite is an eggbeaters omelette with a little sour cream...gonna feel like a banquet. In two weeks I will actually start getting fish and moist chicken...I'm so on a roll :thumbup::) The hospital, bariatric clinic I go to is very very conservative but, hey, they're footing the bill. So I'll play. First fill will be first week of July!!

Good luck to all and if you have doubts or fears, it's so worth it, even if you have a few bumps in the road at first. That will pass.

Good luck to all upcoming banders

Trisha

pennreporter

Thanks for the post Penn. Glad you're doing so well. You give us all hope. Knowing we will be traveling the road you have just blazed.

My surgery is tomorrow. I'm not scared or excited. I'm peaceful. This is what it is. All the decisions I have made about food for the last 43 years have gotten me to this point. I feel confident that I am finally making decisions to benifit my life instead of keeping me down. God bless to everyone getting banded tomorrow and in the future. Congrats to you all who have taken the leap!!

Edited by JulieM.

My surgery date is May 15th with Dr. Rosett, Im not nervous about the surgery, just making sure that I lose the 8-10lbs beforehand is whats bugging me. I been TRYING to do the slimfast diet before the actual 2 weeks so that I can get used to it, its hard, really hard. Are you going to the sessions?

How are you Doing I'm having surgery the 17th of june.... I am doing liquied also but trying to wing my self down. I still eat once a day

We are having surgery the same date.... I don't know of one that keeps you fuller longer but I have found the more Water I drink and the more often I do it keeps me fuller longer. I'm up to drinking 130 oz of water a day... you can even flavor it your self with sliced cucumbers and differnt things

Good luck Julie and all the rest being banded e tomorrow!! Assuming you don't have much gas pain and barring any complications, it really is a pretty easy surgery. I'm thrilled. Got to actually make an omelette today out of eggbeaters. A half a cup of that scrambled with just a smidgeon of sour cream and I was done. You will all do great. I'm older than most of you on this section of the forum. But today was the first day in two years that I walked with no pain in my knee. Total loss through journey so far is 30 lbs. I'm a low BMI bander so for me this is great. But losing just the ten pounds since surgery has almost gotten rid of knee pain.

We'll all be saving you guys tomorrow a place on the loser's bench. Just take it easy on yourselves, take your pain meds (mostly for the gas) and get lots of rest.

Trisha

Edited by pennreporter

Thanks Penn. I don't know if you know it or not but you are my new bff :cursing:)

ah shucks Julie, thanks...lol. Look forward to seeing you in a couple of days online letting us know how you're doing. it took me about 3 days before I wanted to open up laptop. Slept a lot. Assuming no bumps in the road, you will be surprised how quickly recovery is. I wish all surgeons did what mine did with the expansion gas. He sucks as much of it as possible back out with a little suction tube. Had none of that to deal with. For a guy who has not done many of the bands, I was impressed.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Trisha

I'm having my surgery on June 10th. Who else is having it done that day?

i go in to hospital at 8am to have lap band. Little scared but its got to be done. Good luck to you and bst wishes. madduck52

Ok, my surgery is in 2 days. I have been pondering why I'm not scared like everyone else, I'm excited and at peace about it. Then I realized a few minutes ago that thru the years in emergency/serious type situations God fills me with this strange strength to get thru it. i.e. car accidents, deaths, almost dying child, etc. But it seems to be after that I fall apart. The past week I have been trying to think of/anticipate any psychological or emotional issue that may arrise. And I think I might have just pin-pointed a big one. I struggle with depression so I am well aware of the post-surgery depression (add to that PMS!!), and I have pondered the let down after surgery of 'what now?', since I have worked several months to get the this point and it will be done (for the jumpin thru the hoops part) after surgery. But today I have been realizing that I have this unrealistic dream floating around that my whole life will change for the better after I am skinny. Where the heck did I get that thought?? Do skinny people get treated better? Will I? I do know skinny people get better tips, so will I when I lose the weight? Will I really be comfortable going outside without feeling everyone is staring at the fat girl? Or will I not mind to be stared at cuz I'll be one sexy Spud?? :sad: Will my husband be apart of this unrealistic fantacy of mine (too late! he already flunked the mariage fantacy)? Or will I find some other sexy stud to be with this sexy Spud?? LOL

Just puttin my thoughts out there, I'm sure if I've thought of it someone else has to, so you're not alone. :cursing: Now I have to copy and paste this to my journal since I shoulda put it in there. But thanks for playin.