Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am glad, (well, to the people going through what I am knows what I mean) to hear there are more going through what I am. I am starting to feel better, well, I think so, my husband says I don't look no better, it could just be the pain killers. I don't know. But I am feeling better mentally, so that is a plus, I have lost 22lbs so far, I am so happy. Hopefully this is the last week I will be going through all this pain, I can't wait to hit the gym and go hiking again.
How are you doing hon? Haven't heard from you in a day or two. Hope things are better with the pain. I am feeling much better from the plastics ands hopefully will get my stitches all out today except for the ear whear he is dong a minor revision today.

Corliss

Hello, All. had my surgery yesterday, And i am doing great..some gas pain in shoulder,just a little sore.I am amazed.that I feel this good, And would like to be able to eat, but i am going to wait.

Hello, All. had my surgery yesterday, And i am doing great..some gas pain in shoulder,just a little sore.I am amazed.that I feel this good, And would like to be able to eat, but i am going to wait.

Good Luck Ritalou!! DO NOT EAT TOO SOON!! I actually thought I would have a difficult time with the liquid diet and mushy diet, but I didn't. It was a lot easier than I anticipated.

How are you doing hon? Haven't heard from you in a day or two. Hope things are better with the pain. I am feeling much better from the plastics ands hopefully will get my stitches all out today except for the ear whear he is dong a minor revision today.

Corliss

I am doing good with the pain, it seems like it is getting better, but there still is alittle there. Not taking the pain meds as often as before, although I am taking them at night to help me sleep with the discomfort. I accidently pulled one of the stiches loose. I was trying to clean around the incision as the glue stuff that was used is starting to make me red and itching. So I am going to call the dr tomorow. I need to go for the next checkup early next week, so when I make the appt I will ask about that. I thought she told my husband that she used the disolvable stiches, but it is appearant she didn't, weird. The incisions are healing so well, when the surgery was first done it looked like the incisions was going to be worse then my arm and those incisions are horrible. Did you get your stiches out today? I hope so, how did that go? What type of revision did they have to do?

Mandie

P.S. You got any good on the sweet side recipes? lol. I can't figure out for the life of me a sweet tasting recipe that is no sugar no fat. I am not sure if the exist, but after my day today I need something sweet to ease my mind :redface:. I am on the mushie stage, but have been able to eat soft foods if I chew them up like a million times and I don't have a prob with that. LOL.

A week out from surgery and I'm feeling much better. I can sleep on my stomach again . :redface: I got my staples out on Tuesday and weighed in at 371 so I have lost 41 pounds since the end of May. I'm starting to get bored with this liquid diet but ill be on "baby food" in less then a week. Anyways, I hope the rest of you June bandsters are doing great.

I am doing good with the pain, it seems like it is getting better, but there still is alittle there. Not taking the pain meds as often as before, although I am taking them at night to help me sleep with the discomfort. I accidently pulled one of the stiches loose. I was trying to clean around the incision as the glue stuff that was used is starting to make me red and itching. So I am going to call the dr tomorow. I need to go for the next checkup early next week, so when I make the appt I will ask about that. I thought she told my husband that she used the disolvable stiches, but it is appearant she didn't, weird. The incisions are healing so well, when the surgery was first done it looked like the incisions was going to be worse then my arm and those incisions are horrible. Did you get your stiches out today? I hope so, how did that go? What type of revision did they have to do?

Mandie

P.S. You got any good on the sweet side recipes? lol. I can't figure out for the life of me a sweet tasting recipe that is no sugar no fat. I am not sure if the exist, but after my day today I need something sweet to ease my mind :redface:. I am on the mushie stage, but have been able to eat soft foods if I chew them up like a million times and I don't have a prob with that. LOL.

Hey hon, I got my ear revised today but he didn't take the stitches out. He plans to do it late tommmorrow. I go home friday unless he says stay a couple more days in which i will stay. I had a small corner on the right ear lobe after the first surgery. I had extremely long ear lobs and have always been self concious of them. I asked him to trim them. One really looked funny. Very different form the other. Niether of them ended up small and pretty, however with the one not shaped right, i sort of freaked about both of them. Funny when he fixed the one with the little corner, it looked fine and so did the other one which he didn't touch today! They matched, lol! I would probably not look right if i had pretty little ears.

As far as recipes go, there are loads of recipes without sugar on Low Carb Luxury website. It is free. I dont' know for sure what you can have right now as far as how solid, but one of the yummiest mushies/creamy things i have had was greek yogurt, with apple sauce, splenda and cinnamin. It was so good. You can also get a sweetener called erytritol from the netrition.com website and mixed with splenda it tastes just like sugar. Use it with cocoa for hot chocalate. You can take sf Jello and chop up a banana in it, and add some cool whip which has very little sugar and fat free or close and it makes a nice light desert. Sweets are easy to make low carb and low fat too if you buy like low fat or fat free cream cheese or yogurt. You can make a little cake in a cup using Protein Powder and an egg, sweetener and chocolate, cook it in micro. I dont' watch my fat, just my carbs and calories, so i use fat in mine. But there are loads of options, just check out the low carb website. There is one called Eggface.com that has some really great recipes but not always low fat. I can send you some more some time.

Glad you are feeling better.

Corliss

A week out from surgery and I'm feeling much better. I can sleep on my stomach again . :redface: I got my staples out on Tuesday and weighed in at 371 so I have lost 41 pounds since the end of May. I'm starting to get bored with this liquid diet but ill be on "baby food" in less then a week. Anyways, I hope the rest of you June bandsters are doing great.

Congrats chris, way to go! that is fab presurg wt loss.

Corliss

Wow! Something happened to me this morning that hasn't happened in years. I got on the scales and it said 199.0

I looked again and it was true. Wow this is really working.

You decide to make just one good choice and then you make another. Before long you have a week of good choices and so on. Not just food. Making a choice to work out, take the stairs, park in the back of the parking lot. Anything. And one day you wake up and get on the scales and you see something you haven't in a very long time.

A week out from surgery and I'm feeling much better. I can sleep on my stomach again . :tongue2: I got my staples out on Tuesday and weighed in at 371 so I have lost 41 pounds since the end of May. I'm starting to get bored with this liquid diet but ill be on "baby food" in less then a week. Anyways, I hope the rest of you June bandsters are doing great.

Hey Chris, pretty soon were gonna be callin you Slim Jim in stead of BigChris!! Way to go man.

P.S. You got any good on the sweet side recipes? lol. I can't figure out for the life of me a sweet tasting recipe that is no sugar no fat. I am not sure if the exist, but after my day today I need something sweet to ease my mind :tongue2:. I am on the mushie stage, but have been able to eat soft foods if I chew them up like a million times and I don't have a prob with that. LOL.

I love Jello Instant SF/FF pudding. I add Protein powder to it as well. Just add milk and stir and you've got a healthy, yummy treat.

A week out from surgery and I'm feeling much better. I can sleep on my stomach again . :tongue2: I got my staples out on Tuesday and weighed in at 371 so I have lost 41 pounds since the end of May. I'm starting to get bored with this liquid diet but ill be on "baby food" in less then a week. Anyways, I hope the rest of you June bandsters are doing great.

Wow, Chris. That's fantastic. Way to go!

Hey hon, I got my ear revised today but he didn't take the stitches out. He plans to do it late tommmorrow. I go home friday unless he says stay a couple more days in which i will stay. I had a small corner on the right ear lobe after the first surgery. I had extremely long ear lobs and have always been self concious of them. I asked him to trim them. One really looked funny. Very different form the other. Niether of them ended up small and pretty, however with the one not shaped right, i sort of freaked about both of them. Funny when he fixed the one with the little corner, it looked fine and so did the other one which he didn't touch today! They matched, lol! I would probably not look right if i had pretty little ears.

As far as recipes go, there are loads of recipes without sugar on Low Carb Luxury website. It is free. I dont' know for sure what you can have right now as far as how solid, but one of the yummiest mushies/creamy things i have had was greek yogurt, with apple sauce, splenda and cinnamin. It was so good. You can also get a sweetener called erytritol from the netrition.com website and mixed with splenda it tastes just like sugar. Use it with cocoa for hot chocalate. You can take sf Jello and chop up a banana in it, and add some cool whip which has very little sugar and fat free or close and it makes a nice light desert. Sweets are easy to make low carb and low fat too if you buy like low fat or fat free cream cheese or yogurt. You can make a little cake in a cup using Protein powder and an egg, sweetener and chocolate, cook it in micro. I dont' watch my fat, just my carbs and calories, so i use fat in mine. But there are loads of options, just check out the low carb website. There is one called Eggface.com that has some really great recipes but not always low fat. I can send you some more some time.

Glad you are feeling better.

Corliss

Did ya get the staples out today? Do you get to go home on Fri? I bet you are so looking forward to going home, been gone too long?

As far as the recipes, I will check out that website, yesterday I was able to start eating soft foods. YAY, although I haven't as things hit the sky and been going through alot, so tomorow I think I will try to eat some soft foods. I am curious on how it will work. I have had no problems yet eating anything, so we will see.

I love Jello Instant SF/FF pudding. I add Protein powder to it as well. Just add milk and stir and you've got a healthy, yummy treat.

Thanks, I have been eating sugar free pudding with protien, it is a good source to help get that extra protien. Seems like you just can't get enough.

I am craving Pepsi right now, anyone got any advice? Pepsi is like my stress drink, my visiting friend ;( drink, my social drink and well, my stress is wanting to drink it, I have been downing Crystal Light like it is nothing and is doing nothing. Anyone have any advice?