Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally, florida medicaid accepted

MY STORY IS I LIVE IN JAX FL AND FL MEDICAID IS NOT ACCEPTED FOR BARIATRIC SURGERY. I TRIED OCALA, ST. AUG, DAYTONA, AND SEVERAL WITHIN 100MILES BUT NO... EVENTHO THEIR WEBSITES SAYS YES.:sneaky:

WELL I FINALLY LOCATED ONE IN SARASOTA BUT ITS 4+HOURS AWAY AND IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE THE 6WKS MANDATORY MEETINGS AND APPOINTMENT EVERY OTHER DAY & COMUTE BACK BECAUSE OF MY(SPECIAL NEED SON).

I KNOW MY DAY WILL COME BUT IF I CAN I WILL LIKE TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE:

IF ANY ONE IS:huh2: INTERESTED ITS SARASOTA MEMORIAL/HER NAME IS MARIE 914-917-9000 / 18007648255.

GOOD LUCK!!!:lol:

Hi am so happy to hear that medicaid is accepted for the band even though its in sarasot thank you so much for that info. by the way do you know her last name?

Dr. Keith Kim in Celebration, Fl accepts medicaid for lap band surgery. Medicaid covers the surgery but you have to pay his psychologist $500, the nutritionist $100 and a program fee of $600. You have to get a letter of medical necessity and have a TSH and a H. Pylori blood test done, then they schedule you with Dr. Kim. The medicaid covers the surgery. His number is 407-303-4658. I'm still in the process of getting everything done but I have straight medicaid and I think that's the best to have.

Edited by missprettyd
wrong phone number

hello guys and girls i have sunshine health medicaid and i found someone who does the surgery in tampa fl about a 1hr and 41 mins away from me with a program fee of 450.00 i just want to help anyone who see this look up (tampa biatrics) my insurance informed me that i should have no problem with getting it aproved i am consider and type 2 diabetic and i have bmi of 47 im just doing the 6month supervised diet now hope this helps

On 5/17/2016 at 9:52 AM, Nani_Mae said:

hello guys and girls i have sunshine health medicaid and i found someone who does the surgery in tampa fl about a 1hr and 41 mins away from me with a program fee of 450.00 i just want to help anyone who see this look up (tampa biatrics) my insurance informed me that i should have no problem with getting it aproved i am consider and type 2 diabetic and i have bmi of 47 im just doing the 6month supervised diet now hope this helps

hi i just joined can i ask u some wuestion i have the same insurance as u

I have Louisiana Medicaid and uhc it was not easy to find a doctor , I went on Obiesity help and Kathy found a doc , called them and the doc called and I had an appt the next day. All I will have to pay is 45.00 for the nutrition and $150.00 for the pysc

I am employed by a medicaid insurer, look on the back of your card and call the benefits line listed. Once you reach a rep, tell them you would like a list of providers sent to you for bariatric physicians and a list for behavioral health providers (for your psych evaluation later)...they will send all of the providers that are credentialed with their company that accept your insurance. That way you don't have to call only the ones that you know are doing bariatric surgery. Also, if you don't find a good one that takes your Medicaid please ask if they are willing to do a 'Single Case Agreement'...this will allow your insurance to partner with the hospital and surgeon to receive services and payment for your case only. Don't give up, there are always options! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask...everyone deserves a chance to become the healthiest they can be!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you Ace Blaque. I live in Ohio and have Medicare primary, Medicaid secondary. If Medicare doesn't pick up (there is a chance because they had already paid out to program #1 &I am in program#2-quite a backstory there!) it is good to know what my alternate options are. Thanks again! P.S,in Ohio Medicaid only requires a 3 month, not a 6, 9 ,or 12 month. Happy for that.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I have medicaid Stayweel . They covered my doctor is in altamonte spring

I'm so glad to know the wait period is less. Our Medicaid plan that I work for has to have to our members travel out of town because of the provider that is credentialed with us. We pay travel reimbursement, so make certain that you inquire about that if it's needed.