Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Murph-

poem is too cute!

Smile-

WELCOME!!! It does seem to take FOREVER (still waiting here).

Hey April 27??!!! I don't know...that's a pretty gloomy day...are you sure...we may have an eclipse or something equally as scary that day....well, I guess after all that waiting...if you must...

...that's my *gulp* 50th birthday:lol: (I'm still getting used to the idea).

Hey girl! I'm so ready for my 30th this year! It's going to be totally different and I'm sooooo excited because I'm going to be one hot mama!

Murphy I like the poem!

So I think I'm going to tell my parents. Screw what they say... I'm a grown woman.

I think it'd be really hard to have/host/attend a family dinner near surgery. Heck I typically host thanksgiving and I am taking this year off and that is about 7 months out from surgery.

I wonder if I will ever be strong enough to not weigh every day. I only record it on fridays but every morning after I pee there I stand in all my nekkid glory on the scale hoping it's lower than the day before lol!!

My issue is a friend of mine that knows I'm having surgery next week and that I am on the pre-op liquid diet. Yet 4 times this week she has invited me to food events (including Easter Brunch 11 days after surgery) ... and when I respond that I could go, but would not be eating, she finally remembers that I'm on this plan. It's almost amusing, but I'm growing weary. I've been doing the mental work about how most social events revolve around food, and how to make healthy choices and avoid temptations, but it's getting tiresome. I can't even imagine how much more difficult if people don't know what you're going through! I have a favorite plastic travel coffee mug that allows for my liquid meals to be discreet but available. I also make a few Protein Shakes and carry them in a cooler for work/other activities, so I never get stuck without nourishment. I'm on Day 10 of the pre-op liquid diet and I have to say I'm happily surprised it's been going so well.

Regarding the daily weigh ... I just brought up the other day too, and I agree that a weekly average is a good way to go. I had a "gain" on Tuesday after a VERY active Monday (Turbo Jam session + 14,000 steps!) and regular liquid diet ... which was so frustrating! Yet, it dropped down the next day, and now I've lost a couple more since then ... so a weekly-average makes a lot of sense. It's hard not to get so mentally wrapped into the numbers!

Well yesterday I was still running a "3" legged race, but today I'm just "2" heavy. Can't wait to be in "1"derland! And I haven't even had my surgery yet. With all the ups and downs in my life, I know this is the right choice for me. One month to go before surgery and I am going to try my best to be 15-20 lbs lighter by then. It will make it so much easier for the surgeon.:)

Good Morning :0) i had a bowl of Cereal this morning. first time in weeks because between not eating it often and trying to limit carbs it was off the table...so to speak lol. anyway i made myself a bowl and was surprised that i couldnt finish it. amazing!

I have met my walking goal this week, going 5 days. Come on 4/21 get here already!!

Good Morning :0) i had a bowl of cereal this morning. first time in weeks because between not eating it often and trying to limit carbs it was off the table...so to speak lol. anyway i made myself a bowl and was surprised that i couldnt finish it. amazing!

I have met my walking goal this week, going 5 days. Come on 4/21 get here already!!

When were you banded, and what happens on 4/21?

Yesterday I found out that I was approved for my surgery. The doctor’s office that is going to be doing my surgery submitted the paperwork to the insurance company (Tri-Care Prime) for the approval on 25 March 2009 and was approved on the 26 March. I thought that it was going to take longer than that. My husband said that it might take a week. This morning I received a phone call from the doctor’s office to let me know that I was approved. They set my appointment to see the doctor for pre-op on the 9th of April 2009, start my liquid diet on the 10th of April 2009, and my surgery on the 22nd of April 2009. All of the dates are tentative, on the out come of the cardiologist. So my journey begins. How do I join the April bandsters?

Congrat on your quick approval. April is a going to be a "Great" month.

weight.png

being banded April 1st. No kidding.

HI ALL! I am relocating to this spot for the Bunny Bandsters! I am having my surgery on April 24th!!! I wish it was the 1st! I am so very ready! I also wish I could copy jerseygirl518's bunny banner! Too cute!!!

I also wish I could copy jerseygirl518's bunny banner! Too cute!!!

Go to page #9 here post #128 and you can make a banner.

tstanart - you and I are the same size and weight -- I am older though (lol!) ---

You are getting banded 3 wks ealier than me -- so keep me posted how things go - k?

I talked to my mom today and told her about the surgery. She was pretty good about it. She even said to bring my Soup tomorrow and just tell my grandparents I'm on a liquid diet. My grandma still won't like that, but oh well. So I am very happy that I don't have to be manipulative. Tomorrow I will tell my dad. I'm down another pound today, so this liquid diet is doing it's thing!

Here's another updated list. Anyone missing or any wrong dates?

Wed April 1 = mulderfamily4, Sissyh1006, hhjazzyoo1, lls, kaner, knewme, nataliedg8, Mommad, FDBAGPIPER

Thu April 2 = smilan, lingling, healthyme2

Fri April 3 = super_chilli, tish76, vegas girl, watermelon_1

Sat April 4 = doodlebug11, GoddessNar

Mon April 6 = swishbc, StephOnee, shakia90, Mona40

Tue April 7 = hopeful41411, mobetter, Trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg365, lindasqd51, marlina, Healthydiva50, CelticAngel, tcbgirl

Wed April 8 = ldeere2005, tstanart, Singer B

Thu April 9 = txsandy, NYlady, murphy5

Fri April 10 = pdburch, JayTee562, jerseygirl518, sdeale0928

Sun April 12 = HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Mon April 13 = lachdanon, Elayne, babydoll1

Tue April 14 = Suzdavis

Wed April 15 = hannahj914, sylver28, MrsMitch, jukebox81782, (sissy's office mate - are you on here yet??)

Thu April 16 = Jenfs5, scoobydoo, rannah12, vayiayia, Allformyson, Abbie-pie

Fri April 17 = lapbandgirl2009, lulululu, MissChristina, terelbel, Carrie_W

Mon April 20 = sandi1011, Auddie

Tue April 21 = ThinWithin

Wed April 22 = early, KikstersRT, Babygirl_68, April09Bandster

Thu April 23 = PharmaGirl

Fri April 24 = loulou09, hrtgoeson, KMCD

Mon April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn, Shrinkerbell, smiletracy

Tue April 28 = rcher, MSan914

Wed April 29 = travelgrl

April hopefuls = Kellster, Band_Groupie, WannaBe1/2TheWoman, valjay, daqui26, mandilou, BethT1027

Edited by PharmaGirl

Hi how is everyone doing? Well the surgery is coming up soon and i am so excited. Apr 20th is just around the corner. Anyone else getting there band done on the 20th?