Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHy didn't anyone tell me....????

Thank you Oscaral....you are right ...I do like saying I lost 15 absolutely and I do know this is a life time process and not a quick fix. It's just totally different than I thought it would be. I shouldn't be complaining!

I can feel your frustration and I am feeling the same way lately. It seemed like the band worked great 2-3 weeks post op. I really did feel satisfied on a little food. Now I can eat as much as I always did but do get stuck....I'm almost grateful for that at least I know it's doing something! I've only had one fill....I still believe if I didn't get the band I would be gaining though. It does seem like a lot of money to spend for 15 lbs. weight loss:blushing:

You have lost 15lbs since surgery. Isn't that about 2 lbs a week? The expected is 1-2 lbs per week. That is great and you are on target to lose 50-100 lbs in a year.

Thank you Oscaral....you are right ...I do like saying I lost 15 absolutely and I do know this is a life time process and not a quick fix. It's just totally different than I thought it would be. I shouldn't be complaining!

Yes, it is definately different, you have to change years of bad habits in a short time. The nurses kept stressing to practice slowing down while eating before I had surgery. Every month the first question they asked was how I was doing with it. And so far that's been the key for me to being satisfied while eating. And it's by no means easy. The first couple of weeks I was able to have regular food I had the same thoughts as most, I can eat as much as I want. But the first time I really took the time to slow down 1/2 cup or so was all I could eat. And at that point I had the initial 3.5cc fill in my band. But you will find that as time goes on it gets easier. Just be realistic with your goals.

Oscar

Thank Julian you are right...and I used to go on here and be in awe of how people could complain about a weight loss of any kind! :-) Now here I am ....but I think it's because all the weight loss is up front and I gained 6 lbs. back. But today I am going on the Precor machine at the gym for 45 mins and I am going to be mindful (hopefully) of what I eat. i have a fill scheduled in 2 weeks ! thanks for the support! Congrats on your wonderful progress...size 9! whaaahoooooooo

90 lbs. Ocsar !! you are an inspiration and deserve much congratulations!! This an amazing accomplishment...way to go!!!

Thank Julian you are right...and I used to go on here and be in awe of how people could complain about a weight loss of any kind! :-) Now here I am ....but I think it's because all the weight loss is up front and I gained 6 lbs. back. But today I am going on the Precor machine at the gym for 45 mins and I am going to be mindful (hopefully) of what I eat. i have a fill scheduled in 2 weeks ! thanks for the support! Congrats on your wonderful progress...size 9! whaaahoooooooo

Just remember that ANY weight lost during the first 6 weeks or so after surgery is bonus weight lost since this is a time of healing where no weight loss is expected. So technically you're ahead of the game. :)

90 lbs. Ocsar !! you are an inspiration and deserve much congratulations!! This an amazing accomplishment...way to go!!!

Thank you!! And I've done nothing different than most others. Follow the life change in eating habits and exercise.

Oscar

You're a sweety ;-) I feel good today about my decision....a huge part of it is having this incredible support system here at Lapbandtalk and Smartbandsters esp. this one with incredible people like you. I had not gone on line for support in weeks and it was having a huge impact on my progress. I'm back! BEST to everyone! . M

Then quit complaining and get yourself working! "This" isn't going to work unless you do your part -- unless you want it to work! And I mean want it enough to put down the pizza and go for a walk.

A car can get you from point A to point B, but it won't do it without you maintaining the thing, putting in the right gas and other fluids, and turning the key. Do you look at your car and say, "Geez, I put out all this money for it to get me to work and all it does is sit there"??

Wow, great! I haven't needed to say much in this thread but I do enjoy reading it.

I know what the problem is because I suffer from it myself (to a lesser degree IMO) and I know what needs to be done to get results.

I just wanted to say that was a great line, well done! I think I'm going to put that in my signature line... LOL

I just wanted to say that was a great line, well done! I think I'm going to put that in my signature line... LOL

LOL, and so you did! Hope it helps. Hell, I may need to remember it one day too. :lol:

LOL, and so you did! Hope it helps. Hell, I may need to remember it one day too. :lol:

Sorry I did have to remove it because I couldn't fit the whole thing in and it doesn't mean the same without it -- but it sure is one I will remember!

Sorry I did have to remove it because I couldn't fit the whole thing in and it doesn't mean the same without it -- but it sure is one I will remember!

Bummer... I thought it was pretty good if I do say so mahself. :lol:

It worries me because I've had similar experiences with other diets before, and I am not yet banded. What worked for me, in those instances, was to rotate my calorie intake. I can cut down to 1000 calories a day, and my body will just readjust to burn only that many calories. I have to trick my body into burning by doing one week at a higher calorie intake and one week much lower. I, too, have a sleep disorder, and I know the fatigue you are talking about. It's hard.:lol: I wish I could offer you encouragement...I hope I am. I heard someone else mention the 5 day pouch test... I don't know if any of that would help, but you did go through a lot so far. Perhaps feeling sweet is just around the corner, and all you need is some minor changes in the process. I certainly hope so. Good luck to you. Please keep us posted!

I was banded July 29, 2008, so 1 month after you, I have never experienced pbing but I have experienced over eating and feeling so much pressure in my chest and upper rib cage. On those occasions I know I screwed up, I could have waited to long to eat or just had too much. I understand you are very frustrated and want to blame the procedure. I think you are frustrated with yourself, I am in no way judging you. I have had my share of upset, guilt, sabotage. If you want to try to get on track just take it slowly. Try to excercise it really makes a HUGE difference. I have not been perfect since my surgery by any means. I wake up with the intention to follow my plan, but somedays I get sidetracked. I react to stress in my life that I am suppose to use new coping skills for (not always so easy, when life is being unkind) Just try to add some activities, the gym I hated so much at first now it is my sanity. I dont know you, but I do know if you make a few changes, measure your food, write it down (we eat alot without even realizing it, it is such habit) and excercise...You will SEE a difference, try for a week, act like you just has surgery and kind of start over. Dont waste precious moments being obese.. I have lost 53 pounds and feel sooooooo much better> I have 48 to go but my energy level is unreal. You complain about energy, you have to get moving to get some. Dont regret this operation or fool yourself that we can eat "normally" If any of us were capable of such a thing we would not been on this site right now. We are here because we have addictions to food. Good luck and maybe you should have an unfill, if you are truly so uncomfortable and NOT overeating.

So well said! Even before my lapband I always noticed that I only had energy when I was movin' & shakin' more often! Bottom line is you gotta burn more than you are putting in! Best of luck!:thumbdown:

Edited by Natty080

I have not been banded yet. Looking for March..... I have not seen that anyone mentioned vitamins....Possibly this could help you get more energy, with 60mg of Protein and all your Water, that might be what you need to help jump start you w/ your exercise.