Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slimband formerly TLBC Clinic Toronto On

I found drinking warm broth or any type of warm drink took the hunger pangs away. So I drank continually very slowly. Also found if I got out of the house and went walking or something to keep my mind away from food helped.

You can do it.

It was funny for all the times I ended up on liquids it was the one time I was never hungry... I mostly just drank, had some frozen juice etc but didn't care about eating solids and didn't suffer those hunger pangs. Not sure if it was the upset of surgery or the general but I guess I was lucky that way.

Heather

Firstly, I'm glad that we have another thread, but with six different subjects in the same thread, it is hard to respond. Maybe we should have our own section so each subject can have it's own thread, or just start lots of different ones. This particular thread will be 17 pages again before we know it! Just an idea.

I want to comment to mle. I know you are hungry, and I know you expected something quickly from your lapband, but you have to be patient. You went on a pre-op diet and likely managed to stick to it. Well, this is just another five weeks of sticking to this one. It is, as Heather pointed out, a time for your body to heal and pushing the limits of what you should eat isn't a good idea. You have no idea what is going on with your stomach etc and should just try to drink more Water, persevere with the Protein as best you can and enjoy the weight loss you gain from sticking to what you were recommended to eat. This time will go quickly.

Mary

Susieq321 I just wanted to pass on my condolences on the passing of your father.

Just hang in there. it does get easier although grieving takes time and has to run its course. Be stong.

you have been a real role model for me. I have been following your posts on the forums and you were pivitol in my origial decision to get the band (best decision of my life). I am sure he was really proud of you and it sounds like he was the type of man who was a great role model for us all. I am sure you have a lot of his characteristics in you.

Susieq321 I just wanted to pass on my condolences on the passing of your father.

Just hang in there. it does get easier although grieving takes time and has to run its course. Be stong.

you have been a real role model for me. I have been following your posts on the forums and you were pivitol in my origial decision to get the band (best decision of my life). I am sure he was really proud of you and it sounds like he was the type of man who was a great role model for us all. I am sure you have a lot of his characteristics in you.

Thank you, I am ok, I miss my dad a great deal but I know he didn't suffer and his quality of life only degraded at the very end. My dad was a very strong man and I am proud to have some of his traits and I only hope I can be as dedicated as he was.

I can say this Dr Yau was really helpful when he relocated my port we talked about where I was and how I was and his advice really helped at that point in time. I wasn't ready to take it right then, but it stayed with me.

Heather

Hanbe. I feel your frustration and I wish I could help you. All I can say to you is that Jill now has her own mountains to climb. Susieq is correct, Jodi is very nice, so it might be a good idea to give her another try. Getting a fill is usually not urgent. Could you leave a message saying "I am available Tuesday at 10:00 or Friday at 3:00, etc. Please get back to me confirming the appointment day and time. If you recorded your available times, you might be able to avoid the constant go around. Would that help? But I sense something in your urgency and that is the need for support. I would suggest making an appointment with Dr. Yau, telling him your feelings of lack of support and maybe he can refer you to the clinics psychologist or hook you up with a buddy that has access to all staff. I have a main contact and have had no problems since. I am not trying to convert you to "liking" TLBC, but trying to help you. Yours in support Doddie

Thanks for your support Doddie! I think I was just frustrated more then anything rather then an urgency. For the fill I just really wanted to be able to arrange a time and have it done efficently. But it did turn out all good for two reasons! I was able to get a hold of Jill and she gave me some really good recipe tips and advice on my menu planning and she agreed that I should get a fill based on my restriction level. And just to let everyone know she is going great! And just to update she is putting together some really great Obesity support groups. She will teach nutrition and menu planning, execerise, and create a support atmosphere. And its great because she is doing these programs for anyone that wants to lose weigth...so for family and friends that are not banded they join her programs! Its about learning how to lose weight and how to maintain. I'm so excited!!! If anyone is interested please contact me and I will give you the info!

I'm going to start another tread also because Jill has also become a distributor for Metagenics! I'm going to finally be able to get my chocolate fix!! So I will start another thread for anyone that is interested in getting Metagenics!

Now I did have a positive exeperience at TLBC also, on Saturday I went in to get a fill and there was so many people there! I think the VM booking line did some major overbooking because the fill nurse was triple book so we had to wait for quite so time but it turned out great because we all sat and talked for over an hour and half and it became a mini support group! I just want to say hi to everyone I met and it was a real pleasure to meet and talk with you all and I hope we can all keep in touch! And it was great to exchange stories and success's and also struggles. I wish you all the best of luck on your journey's.

Make it a great day everyone!!!

Thanks for your support Doddie! I think I was just frustrated more then anything rather then an urgency. For the fill I just really wanted to be able to arrange a time and have it done efficently. But it did turn out all good for two reasons! I was able to get a hold of Jill and she gave me some really good recipe tips and advice on my menu planning and she agreed that I should get a fill based on my restriction level. And just to let everyone know she is going great! And just to update she is putting together some really great Obesity support groups. She will teach nutrition and menu planning, execerise, and create a support atmosphere. And its great because she is doing these programs for anyone that wants to lose weigth...so for family and friends that are not banded they join her programs! Its about learning how to lose weight and how to maintain. I'm so excited!!! If anyone is interested please contact me and I will give you the info!

I'm going to start another tread also because Jill has also become a distributor for Metagenics! I'm going to finally be able to get my chocolate fix!! So I will start another thread for anyone that is interested in getting Metagenics!

Now I did have a positive exeperience at TLBC also, on Saturday I went in to get a fill and there was so many people there! I think the VM booking line did some major overbooking because the fill nurse was triple book so we had to wait for quite so time but it turned out great because we all sat and talked for over an hour and half and it became a mini support group! I just want to say hi to everyone I met and it was a real pleasure to meet and talk with you all and I hope we can all keep in touch! And it was great to exchange stories and success's and also struggles. I wish you all the best of luck on your journey's.

Make it a great day everyone!!!

Hanbe you have just discovered one of my favorite parts of fill meeting new people... it is how I met some of the bandsters at the beginning who I still keep in touch with today.

It is interesting to meet people who are going through the same things you are and understand it on the same level.

Glad you got your fill

Heather

Just like Doddie63, I'm joining this thread so that I can read about other Slimband-sters.

I was banded on Dec 11, 2008. I'm satisfied with my progress. I wish I could lose more, but I'm losing the healthy, recommended amount - and that's o.k.

I'm attending two of the Supercharged seminars at the centre, and I find I get something out of each. I didn't know there was a "Slimband" website 'til yesterday. I don't know how I missed it - I had been checking the calendar on the TLBC site.

I've had two fills, and have an appointment for another next week. I believe I'll ask for a little bit more, as I don't think I've reached my "sweet spot" yet. Close, but not quite there.

Someone here recommended a central place for Slimband/TLBC people to gather. Is there a way to get a forum specific to us, I wonder?

Hanbe: I am so happy for you and now you can get on with your journey. Stresses you don't need as they can get in the way of a successful outcome.

As for Jill, I am so very happy she is moving forward and I know she will be a great success.

Just like Doddie63, I'm joining this thread so that I can read about other Slimband-sters.

I was banded on Dec 11, 2008. I'm satisfied with my progress. I wish I could lose more, but I'm losing the healthy, recommended amount - and that's o.k.

I'm attending two of the Supercharged seminars at the centre, and I find I get something out of each. I didn't know there was a "Slimband" website 'til yesterday. I don't know how I missed it - I had been checking the calendar on the TLBC site.

I've had two fills, and have an appointment for another next week. I believe I'll ask for a little bit more, as I don't think I've reached my "sweet spot" yet. Close, but not quite there.

Someone here recommended a central place for Slimband/TLBC people to gather. Is there a way to get a forum specific to us, I wonder?

FWWAB,

There is the myslimband.com forum that is for Slimband patients... you can join there and post. I am enjoying it more than i enjoyed the last TLBC board. It has a pretty active participation and they will email you about discussion and sessions etc once you join.

I like both sets of forums but if you want slimbandsters specifically they are at the myslimband site.

Good luck with losing

Heather

Susieq: Where do you post on myslimband. They don't have an index like this site where one can scroll down the topics. I have difficulty all the time returning to a topic. Yes one or two e mail me, but what I am looking for are posted topics that I can join in the discussion and return to like this site.

Susieq: Where do you post on myslimband. They don't have an index like this site where one can scroll down the topics. I have difficulty all the time returning to a topic. Yes one or two e mail me, but what I am looking for are posted topics that I can join in the discussion and return to like this site.

Doddie,

Once you get used to it, you might like it... I don't mind either forum style for posting I had to get used to this one after the canadian lapbanders forum on yahoo and disliked it forever.

So there are different groups and all the postings originate in the group forums...

On the right hand side select groups and then which group you want. If there is a group you want added email the admin. I did that for a general forum so we could discuss other things there. If you click on the group you want, fills, buddies, ask the nutritionist, general etc it will bring up all the active topics in that group. So then you can respond to the topic you want by clicking and reading similar to on here or start a new topic I think the add a post button is at the top.

It is very similar to how this group works when you break down how the pages are designed and programmed... but as a general rule I know for me anyway I skip over the main forum and come right to the Canadian pages and then I can see all the posts and topics. The myslimband site has that same segration as we do here ie general, canadian, 40's, 50's and then postings underneath... it just doesn't seem that way to people who don't play on computers all day. So my slimband has the segration at the group name level and then you get into the postings similar to on here.

I find the people on myslimband pretty cool and working towards their goals in my clinic's setting... and it is nice to read some positive stuff in there along with the not as positive stuff... and the other advantage I like is you get access to the slimband staff like Lina, Hanna, Jodi etc they check and post and will respond to questions so you are getting your clinic recommended answer rather than just the answer of another bandster. Both may work... but one may be more right with your dr...

Does that help.. or did I get to technical?

Heather

No not too technical. I have printed out our instructions and will give it a try. Thanks

Doddie,

Once you get used to it, you might like it... I don't mind either forum style for posting I had to get used to this one after the canadian lapbanders forum on yahoo and disliked it forever.

So there are different groups and all the postings originate in the group forums...

On the right hand side select groups and then which group you want. If there is a group you want added email the admin. I did that for a general forum so we could discuss other things there. If you click on the group you want, fills, buddies, ask the nutritionist, general etc it will bring up all the active topics in that group. So then you can respond to the topic you want by clicking and reading similar to on here or start a new topic I think the add a post button is at the top.

It is very similar to how this group works when you break down how the pages are designed and programmed... but as a general rule I know for me anyway I skip over the main forum and come right to the Canadian pages and then I can see all the posts and topics. The myslimband site has that same segration as we do here ie general, canadian, 40's, 50's and then postings underneath... it just doesn't seem that way to people who don't play on computers all day. So my slimband has the segration at the group name level and then you get into the postings similar to on here.

I find the people on myslimband pretty cool and working towards their goals in my clinic's setting... and it is nice to read some positive stuff in there along with the not as positive stuff... and the other advantage I like is you get access to the slimband staff like Lina, Hanna, Jodi etc they check and post and will respond to questions so you are getting your clinic recommended answer rather than just the answer of another bandster. Both may work... but one may be more right with your dr...

Does that help.. or did I get to technical?

Heather

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it as much as i do!

Heather

I have 0.8 lb left to go! :confused:

I have 0.8 lb left to go! :confused:

Way to go LOVE that is fantastic... you are getting to the easy part and the great part... maintenance!

Enjoy and Celebrate however you want... just keep on track!

Heather